Threads of reality - Clam wizards

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Threads of reality - Trip to Davy Jones locker

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:33 pm

00:30

One by one, the goblins dive into the whirlpool- Soon feeling the experience as if they are swimming- Or rather, being swept away by a current, miles at a time- As merely a second passes that seems to take far longer, as they hold their breath- Eventually, erupting from the water's surface, as they gasp for air- The air they breathe weighing heavy on their lungs, the atmosphere appearing to be very damp- And heavy, their ears "popping", making the goblins slightly dizzy as they work the water out of their eyes to identify their surroundings.

They find themselves at a big, circular "pool"- Spanning over them, appears to be a giant statue, it's two feet set to the sides of said pool, as the goblins work their way to it's side, seeing some atlantians await them there- And as they do, they see the full picture, gazing at the city- At first, surprised to see that it seems to resemble very much an ordinary city- Besides the fact that many of the building appear to be absolutely ancient, clear signs of destruction through aging- And the many efforts to reconstruct, keeping the buildings in a good state- Most noticeable with the castle you notice towards the north, though you notice something odd- A... "Wall" appearing to cut it right in half- Following it upwards, you come to the realization of what it is- A wall of water, capturing you inside a giant bubble of air- And beyond the wall, you can see spires of coral rising up behind the castle, several smaller ones dotted at other places around the city- In the streets you similar, smaller buildings, "grown" out of many different kinds of coral- Along with many more smaller houses made out of rough-hewn stone, often covered in algae- But investigating closer would have to wait for tomorrow, all goblins by now exhausted- The Atlantian guardian seeming to notice.

"I have arranged a resting place for the night within one of the old buildings. It will not be the most comfortable rest you've had-" he continues, that fact being evident by it being just slightly hard to breathe- Not to mention the humidity within the sphere.

"But it shall suffice until morning."

Saying that, he beckons the goblins to follow him- As they step out from under the giant statue, they take a look upwards at it- It seems to be formed to the image of a mage, as clear by the robes and it's arcane markings and staff in one hand- The other hand holding a glass orb, brimming with magic- While for the statue, it is held between it's fingers, in reality it must be as big as the goblins themselves- The two odd peculiarities about the statues would be that firstly, the mage, despite everything, appears rather young- And most importantly, is very distinctively human- A little plaque at the base of the statue, to probably explain who it is... The goblins notice two other, if smaller statues as well, leading towards the castle- One appears to be of an older mage, reading a book, this time being merfolk- The second being that of an angelic knight- Two feathered wings protruding from the back of it's full armour, as one hand holds it's sword to the ground, and the other cradles a child.

Born meanwhile however, was distant- Deciding to take a "quick" trip to the ether- Just in and out to see what it was that was waiting for him...

But gets more than he bargained for- Because soon as he enters, he feels himself falling- No, being struck down- As he turns and sees the way back- Now resembled by a door, close- Trapping him, as he soon falls on a floor that previously did not exist.

"See?! I told you! I told you I felt someone!"

"What are you doing here little thing?"

Born can only look up at who is talking- But he doesn't see much, mostly because whatever he is looking at seems to be constantly shifting- Ghostlike, one being distinctly red while the other is distinctly blue- At times seeming humanoid, if many times larger than him- And other times, something more... Monstrous.

"This is not a place for your kind."

"Do you not know that dangerous things lurk here?"

"Yes- Things with big, sharp teeth!" the red "cloud" bellows- Suddenly becoming far more solid as it lunges at him, a pair of razor-sharp teeth snapping just mere inches in front of his face.

"And razor-sharp claws-" the other exclaims, as Born makes a small sidestep as the blue claws strike next to him- The two shades now taking to circle around him as if vultures-

"And I don't doubt those things would just love to..."

"EAT an intruder like you..."
► Show Spoiler
Obsidian Portal

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Threads of reality - Clam wizards

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:25 pm

"Can...you do something about this breathing perdictiment? It feels like....I am going to suffocate while I am sleeping here. I'd much rather able to breathe.

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:42 am

"Hmm. I may be able to do something about that."

Studies tries to filter some of the humidity out of the air, as well as 'pull' some of the air towards the goblins, thinking that it may make it easier to breathe. He will also head towards the indicated sleeping areas, intending to rest.

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:36 pm

Born unconsciously drifts back a few inches, as the Jabbawack flows into the shape of Nami's trident. They're awfully... forward, but he's not particularly worried for his own safety; he's seen acts like this before.

"You make it sound like you don't consider yourselves to be a part of them," Born replies, giving them a chance to introduce themselves. "I'm Born and Raised. People have been calling me a mind mage."

"And I'm doing a lot of dangerous things already, just by going on this quest with my allies. This is nothing new to me, but... I hadn't realized things could even live in the Ether," he admits. "Isn't it just the space between minds?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:50 am

00:32

Cut, Studies, Hears, Drowns, Zil

Most of the goblins take some time to get accustomed to their new surrounding, as other Atlantians start appearing from the portal- Getting to the shore considerably faster and with less issues than the goblins did, as Cut is the first to express her discomfort.

"Can...you do something about this breathing perdictiment? It feels like....I am going to suffocate while I am sleeping here. I'd much rather able to breathe."

It's at that point that Studies helps alleviate the pressure slightly- Dropping the intensity of the pressure slightly, as well as pushing away the humidity to his best ability- The guardian meanwhile, sizes up the party before replying.

"You will be alright. As I have said, it will not be pleasant. But I am certain that you'll be alright, and that you'll grow accustomed to it with some time. A solution will need to wait until tomorrow. I do not possess the tools to do so currently."

Born and Raised

"You make it sound like you don't consider yourselves to be a part of them."

"Well..."

"We never said that." They reply, Born staying silent for a while longer, expecting them to introduce themselves- It appears that whatever they are, however, have no interest in doing so, merely continuing to circle- As Born eventually continues himself.

"I'm Born and Raised. People have been calling me a mind mage."

They continue to remain silent- Though you can swear to hear a small chuckle, eventually continuing-

"And I'm doing a lot of dangerous things already, just by going on this quest with my allies. This is nothing new to me, but... I hadn't realized things could even live in the Ether... Isn't it just the space between minds?"

"...Hehehe"
"...Hehehe"

"We cannot decide-"

"Are you merely unknowing?"

"Or just ignorant?"

"The ether is so far more than just a collection of minds."

"But we cannot blame you."

"It is all that you can see."

"After all-"

"You can only barely begin to see us." the indistinct shape says, continuing to circle Born.

"While we are born from the ether."

"And you are but the tiniest part."

"Not to mention Ansem..."

"Of course... You must think he was like you- As you have been visiting other minds..."

"There is something you are missing though..."

"Did you ever see him enter the mind of someone that was not nearby?"

"He never did."

"Because in the end, you do not belong here."

"And it wasn't Laurence's right to give you the power to do so."

"He had the power, obviously-"

"But that didn't give him the authority."

"So now we need to decide what to do with you..."

"We thought to simply scare you off into coming back... But it is obvious you are not scared."

"At least not by idle threats."

"Which does not mean we could not make those more... Substantial."

"And we do admit that might start to look like the best solution..."
► Show Spoiler
Obsidian Portal

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:06 am

"Can...you do something about this breathing perdictiment? It feels like....I am going to suffocate while I am sleeping here. I'd much rather able to breathe."
Drowns uses his ability to do minor water manipulations to make the air they are breathing less moist, and use the water he got that way to get in their ears for now. He allows the water to let transfer sonic into the ear, so they can still hear normally, but he makes the water adapt to the pressure inside their ears, so they can slowly adapt and it won't cause further damage to their ears and cure the dizziness.
"Sorry. Iff I would have been in deep water more often, not only twice in the last year, I might have seen those problems coming, sorry guys. I cannot do much about the air pressure, but I can help with the ear pain and dizziness. Do you feel better now?" he apologizes to the other goblins.
"Hmm. I may be able to do something about that." Studies adds, and manipulates the air pressure and supports Drowns in taking the humidity out of the air.
"Seems we either have to sleep in turns, if we don't adapt soon enough." Drowns laughs.

He turns to the atlantians
"We are here to read about important things, I think we can combine this with resting." Drowns sais. "Can I have one of the important and ancient books you mentioned for this evening, so we can start with our research? Maybe the others would like to get some too."

OCC:
► Show Spoiler
:zzz:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:52 am

Cut nods, not really hearing what they are saying. She tries to stay awake as much as possible, but failing. She slowly walks to the area the guardian showd them before laying down and slept there for the night

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:47 am

Keep them talking.

"I... suppose Ansem never did do that," Born agrees. He's not terribly surprised that they know about Ansem; as usual, Knowledge is a free agent. "But we're fighting against another mortal who can travel into the Ether, and we don't stand a chance without someone who can do the same things she can. And neither do you," he points out. "If you're reading my memories, you have to know this ends in our entire timeline being destroyed. If you're going to let Misery in, then it's dangerous to keep me out."

"I wasn't aware I was intruding on your homes, though," he admits. "So, who does have the authority on who can enter the Ether? Is there an Ether Guardian we could discuss this with?"

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:33 am

If the atlantians hand a book to Drowns, he will sit down at the end of a bed/cot and start to read while some of the others go to sleep.

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:22 am

"Mmmnh. I know from experience that you will get more from a book in the morning, but if you wish to read tonight Cut, i won't stop you."

Studies goes to sleep.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:54 pm

"I don't remember saying such a thing, but alright, I guess I'll help Drowns."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:47 pm

00:32

Cut, Studies, Hears, Drowns, Zil
As Drowns too helps alleviate the troubles the party is having- Minor as they may be, as the guardian starts leading them to a temporary resting place- As Drowns inquires about the books.

"We are here to read about important things, I think we can combine this with resting. Can I have one of the important and ancient books you mentioned for this evening, so we can start with our research? Maybe the others would like to get some too."

"I am afraid not. Unless you would wish for me to go wake the librarian..."

"Even then, I do not think he would condone taking any of the books out of the library. Please be patient until morning, and try to rest. I understand you might be uncomfortable, but I am certain time will help alleviate most of it. And you will be alright until morning, when I will make sure both archivist and librarian are at your service. I will inquire for the duke's services as well."

"Besides, you have been through worse as heroes than this, have you not?"

Born and Raised
"I... suppose Ansem never did do that... But we're fighting against another mortal who can travel into the Ether, and we don't stand a chance without someone who can do the same things she can. And neither do you. If you're reading my memories, you have to know this ends in our entire timeline being destroyed. If you're going to let Misery in, then it's dangerous to keep me out."

"I wasn't aware I was intruding on your homes, though... So, who does have the authority on who can enter the Ether? Is there an Ether Guardian we could discuss this with?"

"...And still you fail to understand even the tiniest part of the bigger picture."

"And here to think we were worried."

"What does not know..."

"Can not harm."

"And so it seems that we could have just left you alone..."

"Of course, now the cards are on the table."

"So we still have to decide what to do with you after all."

"But do you wish to know something?"

"You want your ether guardian?"

"We would be the ones closest to that."

"Not too impressed yet."

"But to refer to your... Was it an idle threat?"

"I do believe he might have had the guts to do that, yes..."

"You fail to see what we are."

"We are born from the ether."

"An extension of it's will."

"And obscure as it might be to someone who cannot see what it is..."

"There are always constants."

"One of the greatest being that..."

"Sooner or later..."

"Everything dies."

The two shades stay silent for just a second- Before once again beginning to circle Born.

"Maybe..."

"We can make a deal?"

"You do something for us..."

"And we'll allow you to use the ether for the purpose of being your little mind mage."

"And who knows."

"There might even be an additional award."
► Show Spoiler
Obsidian Portal

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:49 pm

Jumping to the next day.

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:05 pm

Ready to jump, Captain.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:48 am

"Fine" Drowns says, "I will wait until tomorrow and try to get some sleep too. Thank you."
He lies down on an empty bed, only to find out it feels hard, like if it was made of stone, like if he was trying to sleep in full armor, even if he took it off. He conjured a thin layer of water below the bedsheets to soften the bed. Somehow he managed to keep the spell up and from making the sheets wet, even after he fell asleep.

His dreams were vivid, crazy and a bit frightening.

He was walking on the water in front of the pirate city, the surface almost smooth and peaceful. Then the sun sank lower, and when it touched the water, it turned all red like blood. Suddenly a bright moon was up, and he saw pale faces float in the water, while below his feet a maelstrom steadily grew deeper and wider. Drowns did not fall, his feet remained were the surface of the water once was. The people in the water were sucked into the depth by the maelstrom, all being human. He recognized that some of them should be atlantians when he recognized the faces of the mage and guardian. They were turned into humans in his dream, like it happened to Triton after the battle. After a while everybody was gone and the ocean was blue again, and only Drowns was left. Then suddenly a large trident emerged from below, soon followed by an equally large head. Soon Nami was towering over him. In her hand not holding the trident there was red water, which looked like blood. Goblins were floating in it, everybody who was knocked out during the battle. Hears, Studies and Cut. Drowns felt fear. Were they dead? Then Nami dropped them into the ocean to her feat and washed the blood of her hands afterwards. Drowns tried to reach for his friends circling around the maelstrom, but he could not. He shouted and hammered on the invisible ground holding him up with his fists while the got closer and closer to the dark center of the maelstrom. Cut was closest to the center. With a desperate bellow Drowns suddenly felt - or made? - the barrier break, while his voice send waves running over the ocean, away from maelstrom, carrying Hears and Study into safety, while Drowns fell towards Cut, his armed stretched out to grab hers and drag her into safety, too. Drowns fell and fell and fell and ... suddenly awoke.
He was in midair and awoke just in time to realize he was on the layer of water he had conjured, which was collapsing that exact moment, the bedsheet still on it like a flying carpet. His arm was pointed towards Cut on her bed, almost below where he found himself. Half wrapped in the suddenly wet bedsheets and accompanied by a gust of water he hit the edge of her bed with his head and arm and the water drenched both of them. Half stunned he lay on the ground, moaning "ooooooow...".
It was already the next morning.

OOC: I am not sure if his abilities allow him to do that, but I wanted to write a funny short story to cover the time jump. Hope that's okay. :D

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:21 am

It should come to no surprise to the goblins to hear Cut talking in her sleep.

"I wanted to talk about this for a while, but until now feared you all would think less of me. I know that I was ashamed and confused on how I was feeling, and you all suffered and endured as I tried to distance myself from my feelings, ignoring them and running away from them as much as possible. It has caused us to get us to get into arguments because I felt shamed in feeling what I did. I appologize for this and recent events have made it crystal clear that I should have not tried to run from them and make a wedge between us all. I can only ask for your forgivness for my poor and rash judgement to try to hide-" Cut gets cut off as water swarms her and she wakes up. "Ugggggh....ow...the nine hells happened?"

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:29 am

"ooooooow..."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:52 am

Cut rubs her head and goes over to Drowns to heal him, before trying to removing the pounding in her head. "ugh. Drowns what happened?"

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:23 am

"ugh. Drowns what happened?"
"healing water..." Drowns mumbles, as both of them are wet anyway. "Ouch..." he says again, wiping blood from his forehead. "I..I did create a water mattress before falling asleep cause the bed was so hard. I think it reacted to a vivid dream I had. Did not know that could happen. I am sorry to have woken you up like that. Did I hurt you?" he asks, not sure if his arm hit her or not. Only thing he knows for sure is that his head hit the edge of her bed.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:39 am

Cut shakes her head. "No, but my head is killing me."

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:16 am

"I know what happened to my head, but what did happen to yours?"

Since healing water did not cure her, Drowns tries out Purify.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:51 am

"Most likely the amount of booze that I drank last night.""

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:19 am

"Oh, did not notice it was that much." Drowns says with some compassion, putting his hand on her forehead. "Lay on hands...this was the last thing I could try, do you feel better?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:22 am

Cut leans against Drowns. "It is helping a bit. I hope it gets over soon."

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:29 pm

Studies wakes up with a start from the sound of water splashing everywhere and Drowns hitting the bedpost. After holding his head for a second against his now worse headache, he decides to check if everyone's alright.

"Ugh... I knew the potions had side effects, but the combination with the air down here is a bit much.

Are you alright Drowns? At least, i think it was you i heard."

Also, how is this room lit up? Obviously there's no sunlight, but is there glowing algae or something similar?