Discussion Random Chatter (Was Goblins Update Freeze)

Discuss the comic here!
Tofu
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: Tofu

Discussion Random Chatter (Was Goblins Update Freeze)

Post by Tofu » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:05 pm

EDIT 26TH FEB

refer here to relevant forum post sticky.
lingrem dated 25 FEB 2014 wrote:For those following this thread and not the others: the latest word from Danielle is that they're currently unable to make a blog post, but that they'll give us an update when they're able. As a mod team, we're really sorry for this! Please try to be patient and understanding, as I know most of us are just trying to not be worried![/mod]

-------

EDIT 24TH FEB - A fan has contacted Danielle - details in this and other threads. A post by Tarol will be made shortly.

-------

EDIT 22ND FEB - there are no reasons the fan base is aware of why the updates have halted, why the twitter feed has halted nor if there is any problem. Last known facts: Danielle's involvement with a AGM for a SF convention over the weekend, Tarol saying the complexity of the up coming pages means the update clock should be set for 7 day countdowns, and Tarol promising on twitter that the "next 3 pages would blow our minds." Fans acknowledge the difficulty of drawing consistent blood and Kore armor is probably reason for the hiatus.

------

I can see folks looking for easy information about the lack of an update. A thread titled 'Goblins Update Gossip 2014' might help, and this thread was named obliquely about the update speculation, so I can see how there would be confusion. New title is much clearer now ...

All we have is speculation. We have no new information.

Frustrated - us too - meanwhile, get involved in a forum game if you have spare time.

[Title edited March 14, 2014 by Wolfie to reflect the topic change]
Last edited by Tofu on Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:56 pm, edited 9 times in total.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: Twitter tweets (now: no sign of THunt since 16 Feb)

Post by WearsHats » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:12 pm

Hmm. Just remembered that there is a big VCON meeting this weekend. Danielle is heavily involved. She's been the convention chair several years running, and is the volunteer coordinator this year in order to avoid a conflict of interest because Thunt is one of the Guests of Honor this year. Not sure when they might have left to go to the city for that.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Daughter Of Yahweh
Whispers Softly

Post by Daughter Of Yahweh » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:13 pm

Wow. If this gets worse, if he's "missing" for more than a week...his fans will find him. People are already wondering about how to get to his house. How insane is that?

TheGreatOldOne
Mumbles Incoherently
UStream Username: the_great_old_one

Post by TheGreatOldOne » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:18 pm

His information is more or less public. It took me about 5 minutes to figure out exactly where he lives.

Tofu
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: Tofu

Post by Tofu » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:21 pm

WearsHats wrote:Hmm. Just remembered that there is a big VCON meeting this weekend. Danielle is heavily involved. She's been the convention chair several years running, and is the volunteer coordinator this year in order to avoid a conflict of interest because Thunt is one of the Guests of Honor this year. Not sure when they might have left to go to the city for that.

Yep, that makes sense that Danielle would have claimed the PC for the greater good. I now expect a photo proof of both at this convention. :). Am no longer so worried. :thumbsup:

TheGreatOldOne
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by TheGreatOldOne » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:26 pm

WearsHats wrote:Hmm. Just remembered that there is a big VCON meeting this weekend. Danielle is heavily involved. She's been the convention chair several years running, and is the volunteer coordinator this year in order to avoid a conflict of interest because Thunt is one of the Guests of Honor this year. Not sure when they might have left to go to the city for that.
I really doubt he would've just left everything hanging like that to go to Vancouver. It's only like 55 miles from his house, and a good chunk of that trip is a ferry ride. Not that they might not go early just to hang out in the city all week, but to do that AND just totally disconnect, I really doubt it.

TeaLovingDave
Whispers Softly

Post by TeaLovingDave » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:28 pm

Well, at least whether they turn up to that or not should give us an idea one way or another as to whether things are okay....

kisa360
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by kisa360 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:40 pm

My theory is he is trying to see how many of us lurkers he can get to register on the forums. ;)

I can't wait for the next 3 pages, but I hope all is well with him and his family.

Oh I almost forgot. Hello.

Brightnotshiny
Of Few Words

Post by Brightnotshiny » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:42 pm

kisa360 wrote:My theory is he is trying to see how many of us lurkers he can get to register on the forums. ;)

I can't wait for the next 3 pages, but I hope all is well with him and his family.

New people!!!!!

o)o help

Wait.

Simon
Speaks Quietly

Post by Simon » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:43 pm

It's still a little strange that we've had no information.... I mean, most phone's have an internet connection, unless networks are down, for us to be messaged (unless they're really busy)

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:44 pm

Isn't the weather really bad in that part of the world right now?

Just trying to minimise the panicking that seems to be spreading like wildfire... What if they're just dealing with a downed power line or something?

RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Post by RidcullyJack » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:45 pm

I know the time in Canada is a little different to the time down here in New Zealand, but VCON is October 3 to 5 this year.

TheGreatOldOne
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by TheGreatOldOne » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:51 pm

RidcullyJack wrote:I know the time in Canada is a little different to the time down here in New Zealand, but VCON is October 3 to 5 this year.
The thing this weekend is the 2014 Annual General Meeting for the West Coast Science Fiction Association, on Sunday.
nikohl wrote:Isn't the weather really bad in that part of the world right now?

Just trying to minimise the panicking that seems to be spreading like wildfire... What if they're just dealing with a downed power line or something?
The weather where he is has actually been pretty nice all this year. Coldish, but it's only dropped (just) below freezing a couple times. It's possible their net connection is out, but by now they surely would have found a way to put quick update up on Twitter at least.

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:07 pm

Meltheim wrote:Haven't you guys considered that he's in Sochi, competing for the glory of Canada's hockey team? That's why he's been OOC for the last few days! I'm sure we'll hear from him any minute now ..... right?
nah, He's probably the captain of their Curling team!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

PaintsTurtles
Former Mod

Post by PaintsTurtles » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:21 pm

kisa360 wrote:My theory is he is trying to see how many of us lurkers he can get to register on the forums. ;)

I think it's working, it finally lured me out of hiding. This is a much fancier background when you're logged in! Not the sterile grey I was seeing before.

At first I was a little bummed when Day 2 of "Today!" rolled around, but now I'm mostly concerned. Hopefully we'll get some good news soon, even if it is "Everything's okay, but the comic will be a little while yet."

Hello for hi, everyone. :)

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:32 pm

TheGreatOldOne wrote:The thing this weekend is the 2014 Annual General Meeting for the West Coast Science Fiction Association, on Sunday.
Right. Important meeting of the people who run the convention, Danielle is a key member of the convention committee, and the convention is really big this year because they're also hosting the Hugo awards.

So it's possible that they're in city now.

P.S. Odd, is that you, by any chance?
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Saxxon
Remains Silent

Post by Saxxon » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:37 pm

With all the talk of luring people out of the shadows I thought I would join the club of coming out... of the shadows...

Hope all is well with Thunt. been reading this comic for years (usually at work and this is the only forum that my work doesn't filter out.. wonder how long that will last)

I'm sure I'll be spending more time on here now.

....Hi!

Meltheim
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Meltheim » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:55 pm

Oh I just realized that my Sochi comment was my first. Wow. Um, hi!?

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:00 pm

Hey! It's DOY, and Firefly! Good to see you guys again. How have you been? Here's a cookie.

And a whole bunch of new guys. Welcome to all of you. Here's some cookies for you too.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

PaintsTurtles
Former Mod

Post by PaintsTurtles » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:05 pm

SamWiser wrote:Hey! It's DOY, and Firefly! Good to see you guys again. How have you been? Here's a cookie.

And a whole bunch of new guys. Welcome to all of you. Here's some cookies for you too.
Thanks! At this rate, we'll have to group up and form the Newcomer Adventuring Party or something.

Daughter Of Yahweh
Whispers Softly

Post by Daughter Of Yahweh » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:09 pm

Hi SamWiser, I only wish it weren't such a worrisome matter that brought be back. I have a vision of all us fans gathered together during a blackout, huddling and bringing battery-powered lights, canned rations and other such emergency supplies.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:23 pm

Indeed, it would have been better to come back because of better circumstances. That's a pretty good mental image of how people are feeling.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Brightnotshiny
Of Few Words

Post by Brightnotshiny » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:29 pm

Daughter Of Yahweh wrote:Hi SamWiser, I only wish it weren't such a worrisome matter that brought be back. I have a vision of all us fans gathered together during a blackout, huddling and bringing battery-powered lights, canned rations and other such emergency supplies.
Well now I feel all warm inside.

*starts singing soulful folksong*

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose
UStream Username: See_a_Moose

Post by SeeAMoose » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:35 pm

PaintsTurtles wrote:
SamWiser wrote:Hey! It's DOY, and Firefly! Good to see you guys again. How have you been? Here's a cookie.

Thanks! At this rate, we'll have to group up and form the Newcomer Adventuring Party or something.
Sorry... but I couldn't help it :paranoia:
► Show Spoiler
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

Brightnotshiny
Of Few Words

Post by Brightnotshiny » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:38 pm

SeeAMoose wrote:
PaintsTurtles wrote:

Sorry... but I couldn't help it :paranoia:
► Show Spoiler
Ahhhhhhhahaha :3

Is "fumbles" a class?