Nov 6 2013 Update: "Damn Spiders!"

Discuss the comic here!
stevedj
Voices Opinions

Re: Nov 6 2013 Update: "Damn Spiders!"

Post by stevedj » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:04 am

Miryafa wrote:You can't escape, Kin! The force has you. >:D

Fellow readers: feel free to replace the second sentence above with any of the following:
-It's against the law.
-Minmax's just gonna keep jerking your chain.
-You've been bitten.
-He's seen you.
-You're all wrapped up in each other.
-You've still got that arrow wound.
-You're stuck together.
-He sliced through your defenses.
-Suoicodilaipxecitsiligarfilacrepus!
I think you left off:
-Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious :lol:

Jochi
Speaks Quietly

Post by Jochi » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:18 am

So, has anybody else considered that, IF Minmax has just freed Kin, there is a distinctly high probability, certainly worth testing, that the same method will free the other Kins.
If successful, it MIGHT make it psychologically harder to hit the reset button on the Maze, even if they KNEW they could just repeatedly free each other.
Also, I picture the scene where Sapphire holds her leash, scans over the available candidates for the one most trustworthy, and then reluctantly offers it to Forgath to say the Magic Words.
Onyx would immediately slide up to Ruby and ask her to do her. Ruby might do so. Or ... she might take Onyx's leash and then ORDER her to free HER (which Onyx would have done without being ordered) and then decide to hold onto Onyx's leash for a while.
Probably nor Ruby's style, but I'm still angry enough with her to picture her doing things just because they are evil.

GuessesWildly
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by GuessesWildly » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:50 pm

Why have a schedule if one doesn't plan on following it?

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:01 pm

He does plan on following it, but sometimes life gives you sour lemons.

So, bite it and go to bed. Tomorrow, the comic will be up.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

T' Northerner
Of Few Words

Post by T' Northerner » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:51 pm

Sour lemons is a bad analogy. If you get lemons that aren't sour, they're clearly defective. Demand only the sourest of lemons!

Ellendra
Remains Silent

Post by Ellendra » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:56 pm

If successful, it MIGHT make it psychologically harder to hit the reset button on the Maze, even if they KNEW they could just repeatedly free each other.
Also, I picture the scene where Sapphire holds her leash, scans over the available candidates for the one most trustworthy, and then reluctantly offers it to Forgath to say the Magic Words.
Have they figured out how to deal with Sapphire's memory during the reset? Otherwise, she's going to have problems when she sees her Forgath and Minmax, when she doesn't remember them existing.

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:47 pm

Jochi wrote:So, has anybody else considered that, IF Minmax has just freed Kin, there is a distinctly high probability, certainly worth testing, that the same method will free the other Kins.
Onyx would immediately slide up to Ruby and ask her to do her. Ruby might do so. Or ... she might take Onyx's leash and then ORDER her to free HER (which Onyx would have done without being ordered) and then decide to hold onto Onyx's leash for a while.
Probably nor Ruby's style, but I'm still angry enough with her to picture her doing things just because they are evil.
Cursed items don't work that way however...they are self renewing, so simply ordering someone to take the leash or ignore any further orders won't prevent someone else from grabbing the leash later and issuing orders that the collar would then enforce.

I mentioned another possibility however...the Collar is a cursed item, but what if the leashes are NOT, and you could deactivate the leash's controlling magic (though not the ability suppressing one) by simply cutting the leash off the collar, so the condition for control ("whoever holds the leash attached to this collar") cannot be met unless someone attaches a new leash.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

warrl
Of Few Words

Post by warrl » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:26 pm

RidcullyJack wrote:
Ellendra wrote:Kin better hope it wasn't the spider that bit her. How many living things in the Maze of Many have been harmless?
Other than variant species of FMK, the ocassional other character like Grinorarcen, One Eye and Klik, and Symon the spider familiar, I don't think we've seen any other living things in the MoM. The traps and puzzles are all magical or mechanical. So where'd that spider come from?
It's actually an arachnoid-Forgath from a *very small* alternate universe, trying to tell Kin "you love him, you idiot!" but he's so small she can't hear him.
St.Rider wrote:"Has enough normal features"="do not kill for XP" and "Speaks"="do not eat" respectfully.
It talks! It is not a lunchbeast!
-- from Elftrek
My blog: Alien America - amusing incidents and creative misinterpretations