You can think Blue
Maybe count two
And look around for a pretty red shoe
Gold star for anyone who can place the quote without looking it up

Kamos
Pipes Up Sometimes

Re: 5 August 2013: Collision Avoidance

Post by Kamos » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:13 am

Huh in the fully colored version he has blood on his sword. Wouldn't have thought it would have stayed on there being immune to the universe and traveling through oblivion or whatever like that.
ImageImage Feed the beast please.

SpeaksManyLanguages
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: dbg_

Post by SpeaksManyLanguages » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:19 am

stevedj wrote:
tempUser44 wrote:Image
Umm, this is either a mistake, or a time distortion plot point connected to killing Psimax twice.

Our Minmax grabs Oblivous with the wrong hand.
Or... that "imager" thing that PsiMax was looking at... perhaps was kind of a reverse-image/mirror-like thingy? Meaning, he did in fact grab it with the correct hand...??? :lol:

In fact, consider how a 'floating' image would look if you were to stand on one side looking at it (PsiMax), then walked around and looked at it from the other side (Us viewers). Yea, I think I'm on to something here... maybe? :D
Actually, yes... and, at the same time, no...
That is - we should see the mirrored version of the image if PsyMax is looking on it directly correctly. So we should see a "left" hand in terms of where the thumb is. However, the gauntlets of the armor are different, so by it missing fingers we know which hand it is (the "real" left). So, there is indeed a minor error in the drawing. Also, the different eye should be "white".

Caltera
Mutters to Themself

Post by Caltera » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:57 am

Just... btw... I remembered something... "When the serpent becomes your prey"

Well it'd be a really awkward way to make them die here, so it shouldn't be the prophecy, anyway... Make me thought about it
French reader, sorry if my english isn't always OK

French Goblins Traductor

bcas77
Whispers Softly

Post by bcas77 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:23 am

tempUser44 wrote:Image
Umm, this is either a mistake, or a time distortion plot point connected to killing Psimax twice.

Our Minmax grabs Oblivous with the wrong hand.
Also, I'm not sure how we never noticed this, but the only part of MinMax's hand that has blood on it when he draws oblivious after turning his armor blue is his thumb. How did we not see that when we were speculating about killing PsiMax with his thumbs?

Groo_the_Wanderer
Mutters to Themself

Post by Groo_the_Wanderer » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:15 pm

Well I noticed it I just didn't put it together until the end.

I was worried I was the only one who noticed THIS inconsistency however. Not sure what it means but I expect it's not an editing error but rather done on purpose. It would be unusual for Thunt to miss something like that, especially on a joke he spent nearly a decade waiting for.

Also I don't think he's switching hands, as again, Thunt has been quite careful every other time to show the portal.

That said the portal is missing entirely in this comic???

I is confused now ... anyone have some cheese dip?

DrinksTooMuchCoffee
Indulges in Conversation

Post by DrinksTooMuchCoffee » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:32 pm

Thunt on twitter said that there is hand-switching, and that he didn't think there needed to be two panels for the reaching through the portal and for switching hands.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:51 pm

I would think that teleporting MM into Onyx would only kill her; when he teleports into an "empty" space, he must be displacing air, so it should be teleportation-standard to displace any matter occupying the ported-into space; this shouldn't be dangerous to the teleporter. If there weren't safeguards to prevent any matter in the ported-into space from affecting the ported person, then you'd die when dust particles that had been suspended at random points in the air became suspended at random points in your body instead - almost certainly some of them would end up in places where they could cause fatal damage, such as by appearing in the middle of a neuron connecting your medulla to your heart muscles.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: Liesmith

Post by Liesmith » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:07 am

willpell wrote:I would think that teleporting MM into Onyx would only kill her; when he teleports into an "empty" space, he must be displacing air, so it should be teleportation-standard to displace any matter occupying the ported-into space; this shouldn't be dangerous to the teleporter. If there weren't safeguards to prevent any matter in the ported-into space from affecting the ported person, then you'd die when dust particles that had been suspended at random points in the air became suspended at random points in your body instead - almost certainly some of them would end up in places where they could cause fatal damage, such as by appearing in the middle of a neuron connecting your medulla to your heart muscles.
*BAMF* "Hey guys! Wait, how did I get here, and why am I covered in spaghetti sauce? Guys?....Guys?"
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed."
► Show Spoiler

langerhans
Of Few Words

Post by langerhans » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:16 am

willpell wrote:I would think that teleporting MM into Onyx would only kill her; when he teleports into an "empty" space, he must be displacing air, so it should be teleportation-standard to displace any matter occupying the ported-into space; this shouldn't be dangerous to the teleporter. If there weren't safeguards to prevent any matter in the ported-into space from affecting the ported person, then you'd die when dust particles that had been suspended at random points in the air became suspended at random points in your body instead - almost certainly some of them would end up in places where they could cause fatal damage, such as by appearing in the middle of a neuron connecting your medulla to your heart muscles.
in my mind, the teleport moves you to a single focal point and then expands you out from that, so a teleport into open air would create a small breeze, and teleporting to inside of onyx would cause minmax to explode out from her center of mass, but it would mean ripping onyx open by forcing minmax inside of her so it's possible that minmax would also be crushed.

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:56 pm

Actually, the usual result of one object being teleported into another is for the atoms of the first object to be interspersed with the atoms of the other object, creating portions of the volume of each object with doubled density, and impeding the function of any affected internal organs, blocking all blood vessels where part of the other being fills that volume, etc. Pretty much instant death.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:58 pm

That's why I would build "double-transporters": transporting A from location b to location a, and B from location a to location b, that way you prevent an "implosion" from transporting a volume away, and an "explosion" by transporting matter somewhere where there is already matter...
And the transported volume would be exactly the same form at both transports.... large enough to encompass the largest volume and extremest position of the corresponding extremest position of either A or B...
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

T' Northerner
Of Few Words

Post by T' Northerner » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:43 pm

That would prevent explosions/implosions but could still end horribly for someone at the other end if they where only partially in the target space.

Orzahn
Likes Puppies
UStream Username: Orzahn

Post by Orzahn » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:11 pm

This guy should play Psimax XD ( I know I'm late, but I just figured this out and am severly sleep deprived) Ian Hanmore
https://www.google.nl/?gws_rd=cr#bav=on ... e&safe=off
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Jake: Hit it.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:43 pm

:shock:

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:10 pm

► Show Spoiler
Well Orzahn... you are right :)
-Best regards LAYF

deathofbarney
Of Few Words
UStream Username: deathofbarney

Post by deathofbarney » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:24 pm

Omniscient Spork wrote:For some reason, I keep wanting to think "Bodyslide by One!"
Silly tryndamere XD
ImageImageImageImage

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:58 am

Groo_the_Wanderer wrote:I is confused now ... anyone have some cheese dip?
There once was a warrior named Groo,
Who fought and he hacked and he slew.
He came to each town,
and burned it right down,
and ate all their cheese dip up, too!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

Simon
Speaks Quietly

Post by Simon » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:45 am

Orzahn wrote:This guy should play Psimax XD ( I know I'm late, but I just figured this out and am severly sleep deprived) Ian Hanmore
https://www.google.nl/?gws_rd=cr#bav=on ... e&safe=off
Ooh, yes. He looks just like psymax! (well, like what I would imagine psymax to look like if he was a real human lol)