July 26, 2013: Licked

Discuss the comic here!
Sockmonkey
Whispers Softly

Re: July 26, 2013: Licked

Post by Sockmonkey » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:17 pm

All I can think of is that the spider must be stroking Forgath with it's pedipalps.

Greg
Remains Silent

Post by Greg » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:41 pm

Sockmonkey wrote:All I can think of is that the spider must be stroking Forgath with it's pedipalps.

That just sounds...naughty.. :oops:

0z79
Whispers Softly

Post by 0z79 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:47 pm

Wow, cool!

I don't think I could handle the licking ("THEN WHAT IS HE LICKING ME WITH!?") but it would be very cool to have a gigantic spider-buddy like that. I used to catch and keep hunting spiders in the wintertime, and release them when it started to warm up. it was pretty cool watching them get fat and happy, and their colors come back to life.

Then again, I basically have a soft spot for any animal...

0z79
Whispers Softly

Post by 0z79 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:55 pm

GathersIngredients wrote:Awww, Symun is so cute and cuddly. Maybe our Forgath gets to keep him? (He probably wouldn't like the idea, but I don't care about that. I want more to see more of this spider in the future! :D )

Also... "this piece seems to be connected to teleportation AND RECONSTRUCTION." Hello? How come the Kins didn't come up with the idea to reconstruct... oh I dunno... somebody's friggin missing tail for example? o:)
I thought they were supposed to be super smart. :lol:
Maybe it's because Yuan-ti have some hibernation mode in which Kin could regrow her tail on her own someday. But even if so ... why wait?

Oh, and permalink
There might be a natural biological process for her regrowing her tail, which has already started... but regenerating it by magic might interfere with the process.

That's just kind of a guess though, and probably way off - they JUST mentioned the regeneration part of the psi-machine in this comic. Because of the spider's introduction, they didn't have a chance to get any further than "Hey, look at what THIS does!"

Kennerly
Mutters to Themself

Post by Kennerly » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:58 pm

Fun fact: Spiders taste with their feet!

Sockmonkey
Whispers Softly

Post by Sockmonkey » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:28 pm

Guess what the pedipalps are for.

napslikecat
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by napslikecat » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:02 pm

The spider is like a cute fuzzy 8-legged friendly leg-humping dog. Except when you climb instead of walking on the ground, you're not limited to humping just legs. Well played. It makes the spider more 'normal' because it is behaving like a well known and loved companion animal. And I love the bemused expression on the goth kin's face, she seems to know spider anatomy.

It does sound like Forgath is the one saying "The dwarf would like to get out of the air now". It is a very dwarvish phrasing.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:27 pm

Greg wrote:
Sockmonkey wrote:All I can think of is that the spider must be stroking Forgath with it's pedipalps.

Well... it kinda would be. As Sockmonkey seems to know, male spider pedipalps are their 'penises'... that's right, plural.
Kennerly wrote:Fun fact: Spiders taste with their feet!
Kinda, sorta... they have sensory hairs all over, but not quite taste as we are used to thinking of it. The hairs are especially dense on the palps, so if Symun is rubbing them on F, while they are his copulatory structures, they are also his way of chemically exploring the world. What do you think dwarf 'tastes' like to a spider?

I'm hoping Symun becomes a permanent party member and it's RS that has to get over it. o:)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:41 pm

Dawww he's so cute! And almost as much comic relief as Minmax getting dressed
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

deathofbarney
Of Few Words
UStream Username: deathofbarney

Post by deathofbarney » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:51 pm

I really like the happy kin panel (1).
Would make a good t-shirt
ImageImageImageImage

RJJ7
Of Few Words

Post by RJJ7 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:34 pm

I think that this page gives some subtle reinforcement to the idea that we will see Psimax again. I highly doubt that we're going to get a bunch of shots of the kins doing stuff with the machine with no opposition, and since they are apparently friendly (I failed my predictions there :? ), we are left without a villain. However, the fact that Thunt is still referencing 'unknowns' about the machine makes me think that he has some more twists to come related to it, requiring some sort of hostile force. I therefore think that in the next few pages we'll again get to see my absolute favorite Psion in the comic.

The alternative is that the maze starts falling apart, and the 'opposition' comes from natural elements.
If a collection of unpronounceable letters doesn't appeal to you, you may call me Randy.

brnforce
Speaks Quietly

Post by brnforce » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:45 pm

Spoiler prediction!!!
► Show Spoiler

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: Liesmith

Post by Liesmith » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:38 pm

Reconstruction?

Hmm...

Followed by the return and remurder of Psimax. Oh happy days!

I also hope that Symun remains on as a permanent member of the party. He's so ADORABLE.
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed."
► Show Spoiler

Insane Kitty
Whispers Softly

Post by Insane Kitty » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:55 pm

I am going to guess that reconstruction is rebuilding the maze, and they are going to rebuild psimax's counter and make it indestructible and resetting only him back to level 1 (leaving his party members at their current level and memories), while destroying their own counters so they will be able to remember the maze.
Well, you may be right
I may be crazy
Hey!
But I just might be a lunatic you're looking for!

Sleeping Bear
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Sleeping Bear » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:26 am

spiderwrangler wrote:And not to appear sexist, but interesting to recall that Forgath is played by a girl.
This made the page even funnier :lol:

Morrack
Mutters to Themself

Post by Morrack » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:40 am

Haha, I love how Forgath reacts to Symun in panel 11. It's like a dad holding his kid with a wet diaper :D.

Mytical
Mutters to Themself

Post by Mytical » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:42 am

There is something else that can be reconstructed, anybody remember
► Show Spoiler

Dendr
Whispers Softly

Post by Dendr » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:44 am

Know what? As far as I understand Tarol's style, bringing Minmax back also means bringing a big mess. Really big.
Even if it'll be the 156th MM only.

Happy Demon
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Happy Demon » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:52 am

Looks like our Kin still haven't tied up her leash yet, she might want to do that soon.
Could they use the machine to dispell all the cursed collars? PsiMax might have made something related to that variable.

RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Post by RidcullyJack » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:01 am

The three keys from the tower room may not be what they need to open the door to the treasure room. Choosing the correct key from that room was the mechanism for lifting the tower up to the roof opening.
► Show Spoiler

T' Northerner
Of Few Words

Post by T' Northerner » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:04 am

spiderwrangler wrote:
Greg wrote:

Well... it kinda would be. As Sockmonkey seems to know, male spider pedipalps are their 'penises'... that's right, plural.
Kinda, sorta... they have sensory hairs all over, but not quite taste as we are used to thinking of it. The hairs are especially dense on the palps, so if Symun is rubbing them on F, while they are his copulatory structures, they are also his way of chemically exploring the world. What do you think dwarf 'tastes' like to a spider?

I'm hoping Symun becomes a permanent party member and it's RS that has to get over it. o:)
good grief. Is there any apendage spiders don't have a freakish amount of? This is all more evidence that they come from some lovecraftian dimension with eldritch geometries.

JustRight
Eleventy-one
UStream Username: Frank Erickson, M.D.

Post by JustRight » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:45 am

prior quotes about pedipalps and spiders having multiple penises...

I'm hoping Symun becomes a permanent party member and it's RS that has to get over it. o:)[/quote]

good grief. Is there any apendage spiders don't have a freakish amount of? This is all more evidence that they come from some lovecraftian dimension with eldritch geometries.[/quote]

No need to cross branes - just normal polydactyly found on Barsoom. ;)
"I don't mind a reasonable amount of trouble"
- Sam Spade

sunphoenix
Of Few Words

Post by sunphoenix » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:16 am

...yes. Where sexy Red Martian princesses lay eggs.
"...no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein

WhispersToSquirrels
Of Few Words

Post by WhispersToSquirrels » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:48 am

And here I thought that Symun was Onyx's familiar. I wonder if her Forgath was a Druid?
"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!"

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: Liesmith

Post by Liesmith » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:11 am

I think this page was the plot development that Tarol was talking about: the adoption of Symun. It has clearly divided the fanbase more than even Chief's death.
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed."
► Show Spoiler