Twitter: [now] new colourist, again.

Discuss the comic here!
Guus
Floods your Ears

Re: Twitter tweets (now: THunt's back to the forum.)

Post by Guus » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:10 am

Hey, we spent a lot of time and effort making that thread random, everything before that is nothing! Everything glorious has to grow out of dirt, doesn't it?
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

smjjames
Of Few Words

Post by smjjames » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:10 am

Yeah, that update freeze one got heated and there was also this one person who kept insisting it was some kind of conspiracy.

You can read the 'who has the wildest theory' one for some laughs and sillyness though. :)

SccrD25
Likes to Contribute

Post by SccrD25 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:12 am

THunt!

You are lucky this is not real life, as I'm fairly certain we would all tackle-hug you at once, crushing you to death.
At some point I should really come up with a clever signature

smjjames
Of Few Words

Post by smjjames » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:18 am

SccrD25 wrote:THunt!

You are lucky this is not real life, as I'm fairly certain we would all tackle-hug you at once, crushing you to death.
Lol on the image.

Thunt, if you do want to read that goblins freeze thread and don't want to read the vitriol and arguments, you could start at page 30, assuming you're using default thread layout settings. There are a few minor flare ups after that, but it's past the great majority of the vitriol and arguments.

Edit: Actually, no, maybe page 38, that way you can skip that one guy who kept insisting 'that someone go to your house and find out what's going on, breaking in is optional'.
Last edited by smjjames on Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:22 am

Thunt is back! And in fine form. That was awesome, Thunt. Welcome back. :D
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:27 am

smjjames wrote: Thunt, if you do want to read that goblins freeze thread and don't want to read the vitriol and arguments, you could start at page 30, assuming you're using default thread layout settings. There are a few minor flare ups after that, but it's past the great majority of the vitriol and arguments.

Edit: Actually, no, maybe page 38, that way you can skip that one guy who kept insisting 'that someone go to your house and find out what's going on, breaking in is optional'.
But that's the funniest part! :P
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

smjjames
Of Few Words

Post by smjjames » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:32 am

Guus wrote:
smjjames wrote: Thunt, if you do want to read that goblins freeze thread and don't want to read the vitriol and arguments, you could start at page 30, assuming you're using default thread layout settings. There are a few minor flare ups after that, but it's past the great majority of the vitriol and arguments.

But that's the funniest part! :P
Was just suggesting a spot that was past the great majority of the heat if he didn't want to read that part of it. Though I guess he could dissect and laugh at BinaryTears who kept insisting it was some sort of conspiracy, which everybody poked full of holes every time.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:44 am

Naw, don't make fun of BT. He had previously experienced an attempt on his life by a crazy person... his worry was, given that history, completely understandable and while he went a little overboard it's not fair to mock him. You don't mock a PTSD sufferer for flinching at cars backfiring, this is the same :(

smjjames
Of Few Words

Post by smjjames » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:46 am

nikohl wrote:Naw, don't make fun of BT. He had previously experienced an attempt on his life by a crazy person... his worry was, given that history, completely understandable and while he went a little overboard it's not fair to mock him. You don't mock a PTSD sufferer for flinching at cars backfiring, this is the same :(
Really? DIdn't see him say that.

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:50 am

:) Welcome back Thunt
I hope you'll feel better

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:53 am

smjjames wrote:
nikohl wrote:Naw, don't make fun of BT. He had previously experienced an attempt on his life by a crazy person... his worry was, given that history, completely understandable and while he went a little overboard it's not fair to mock him. You don't mock a PTSD sufferer for flinching at cars backfiring, this is the same :(
It was, if I remember correctly, both posted on the forum and noted in his text-file. Someone tried to kill him for an insurance payout, or something similar to that. I'm disinclined to search for the post I saw it in, but I definitely read it. Either way, given that BT's concern came from an entirely positive and caring place (albeit it was a little OTT), it's not cool to openly mock him. Discourage him and reassure him, fine - we did that - but don't mock him after the fact. We only gang up on trolls and assholes here, not other fans :P

smjjames
Of Few Words

Post by smjjames » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:03 am

nikohl wrote:
smjjames wrote:
It was, if I remember correctly, both posted on the forum and noted in his text-file. Someone tried to kill him for an insurance payout, or something similar to that. I'm disinclined to search for the post I saw it in, but I definitely read it. Either way, given that BT's concern came from an entirely positive and caring place (albeit it was a little OTT), it's not cool to openly mock him. Discourage him and reassure him, fine - we did that - but don't mock him after the fact. We only gang up on trolls and assholes here, not other fans :P
I might not really have read the forum post where he said that because I wasn't listening to the conspiracy stuff. When I looked again, I did read the last (or second to last) post where he said something about two attempts on their life, but it was in the context of overactive imagination (or at least that's what was said in there), so I might have misunderstood. I didn't know he had posted a text thing, but in the same post I read, there was a link to it and I see what you mean.

Sorry for suggesting that we mock the person, I didn't know he was serious about the attempts on their life.

CooksACarrot
An Obvious Distraction

Post by CooksACarrot » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:12 am

Yeah, that stuff with BinaryTears got pretty heavy, it was pretty hard to get back to random after that.
Look! A Distraction!
-William Lyon Mackenzie King, Prime Minister, Ninja

TeaLovingDave
Whispers Softly

Post by TeaLovingDave » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:18 am

A wild Thunt appears! :D :D :D

wyntirrose
Remains Silent

Post by wyntirrose » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:27 am

I'm a shade late to the party here, but welcome back THunt! :D I'm glad to see that you're feeling better enough to start commenting on the boards again.

CooksACarrot
An Obvious Distraction

Post by CooksACarrot » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:28 am

Yes, welcome back! I think this is definitely a "Good Sign," and that was a pretty spectacular post. :thumbsup:
Look! A Distraction!
-William Lyon Mackenzie King, Prime Minister, Ninja

Lurch
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Lurch » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:20 am

CooksACarrot wrote:Yes, welcome back! I think this is definitely a "Good Sign," and that was a pretty spectacular post. :thumbsup:
I'll second that on all counts -- that was a weapons-grade reply, and a solid positive sign in my book!

Gryphonic
Voices Opinions

Post by Gryphonic » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:54 am

TeaLovingDave wrote:A wild Thunt appears! :D :D :D
That is exactly what I came over here to type. >:-?

I'm not sure going through all the update-related threads is a positive way to spend an afternoon, but I hope you get some laughs out of the Wildest Theories thread. Welcome back!
Image Joiiiiiin ussssssss.....

dr pepper
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by dr pepper » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:05 pm

Good to see you doing better. I hope you don't mind, but while you weren't looking, i swapped out Kore's axes for nerf ones.

Daughter Of Yahweh
Whispers Softly

Post by Daughter Of Yahweh » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:13 pm

GoesDownThatPit wrote:*Parades his own problems in front of everyone*
The rest of us wrote:*Gather around the spectacle, unimpressed.*
Thunt wrote:*Rockets down from above in an Iron Man suit and fist-flattens GoesDownThatPit to the ground, cratering the cement.*
And there was much rejoicing.

Welcome back, Thunt.

TeaLovingDave
Whispers Softly

Post by TeaLovingDave » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:18 pm

This is more or less how my mental picture of Thunt's triumphant return post went:

Owlbear
Mutters to Themself

Post by Owlbear » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:11 pm

Welcome back, Thunt! Relatively new forum member, but long-time reader. Glad you're recovering.
You've missed a bit of excitement on the forums; rampant speculations, some of which was musical in nature. One of your mods became a supervillain; I became Inspector Javert.
OH! And someone crashed a hot air ballon.

In short: you were missed, and I'm glad you're back. :)

Catmandont
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: Ajrimmerstu

Re: Twitter tweets (now: THunt's back to twitter.)

Post by Catmandont » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:01 pm

Thunt wrote:
GoesDownThatPit wrote:You know what I'd appreciate?
Oh. Hang on a second...

:confetti: :Dance: :woot :praise:

Fantastic... Best return to the forums EVER (imagine my voice going up an octave on that last word, it helps)
"And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit." The Tick

Hey! Why are you reading this? It's bad for your eyes, and there's nothing to see here; no words of wit or sage like advice.... Nope, none of that crap... Still here? Well, I guess you can stay for a little while, but no touching. Ok, MAYBE a little bit of touching, but don't expect a kiss... Oh, and don't expect me to cuddle afterwards, either. This is purely physical in nature, and you can't REALLY want something serious after everything we've been through? Fine... 20 seconds of heavy petting, and that's IT! Annnnnnnd done...

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:37 pm

WELCOME BACK THUNT!!!

(I was very tempted to put that into my mod-voice to make it very noticeable.... but well... no!)

I personally think it was very brave of you to share as much as you have so far with all of us - people who care about you who are essentially strangers. That takes a lot of guts, and I feel really honoured/cared about/special/etc that you did share with us as much as you have. It's really, really, hard to describe things when it's so close to when it happened! It was a big risk to share, and you were brave enough to do it when you know that you have a wide readership. Many people can't even share it with their friends and families, so I'm really proud of you for being able to! *hugs*
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

grizzled grizzle
Of Few Words

Post by grizzled grizzle » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:53 pm

Heh, my first thought was that why did that thoughtless person have to come online right when our Author could see it, but then perhaps it's just what was needed, his density was to see it before us..? Anyway, many have said Anger is a useful and necessary emotion, focusing the mind and generating survival instincts where needed, and that was a pretty awesome post, arguably better than any of us could have done. Hope the rest of our posts refreshes his energy levels when he experiences all the feelz we gotz for 'im.