10th June 2013: BROW

Discuss the comic here!
Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: Liesmith

Re: 10th June 2013: BROW

Post by Liesmith » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:08 pm

Rogbull wrote:Have no fear friends, Minmax's armor isn't blue yet.
I think someone may have already had this idea, but my memory is terrible: Psimax will try to taunt Minmax into drawing Oblivious by detailing how he killed Kin. Minmax will scream something along the lines of "You blew up Kin?!" and the armor will change to match. If you listen carefully, you can hear that entire scenario through Oblivious' scabbard.
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed."
► Show Spoiler

Kennerly
Mutters to Themself

Post by Kennerly » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:45 pm

What are you referring to?

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:58 pm

Kennerly wrote:
When Minmax next draws Oblivious, his armor will be blue.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

GriffinDWolf
Mumbles Incoherently
UStream Username: GriffinDWolf

Post by GriffinDWolf » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:43 am

Actually the very fact the armor is blue when it is next grabbed, Psimax probably already has a good idea of what the sword does, once the armor color would change he could probably guess what it does so he may not necessarily need to have the sword drawn to figure out the sword moves through time. But then it comes to question whether he can figure out it IS oblivion and only minimax can move it. Not to mention if he needs to factor in all the different possible factors each reality can do or face, a sword randomly jumping in and out of reality would be a pretty hard factor nail down when it is in existence and could effect the outcome. So either, like others have said, he will need to take control of it or destroy it.

RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Post by RidcullyJack » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:03 am

I hadn't really thought about what Psimax is thinking, and the fact that Psimax has also seen the blue glove clue we're all obsessing on. Since he's run the maze 818 times, Psimax must know that the armour from in the chest changes colour when the wearer says (proper) colours. He's seen the blue gauntlet, and so now he knows that Oblivious won't be drawn until Minmax says 'bloo' (choose your homophone).

langerhans
Of Few Words

Post by langerhans » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:02 am

GriffinDWolf wrote:Actually the very fact the armor is blue when it is next grabbed, Psimax probably already has a good idea of what the sword does, once the armor color would change he could probably guess what it does so he may not necessarily need to have the sword drawn to figure out the sword moves through time. But then it comes to question whether he can figure out it IS oblivion and only minimax can move it. Not to mention if he needs to factor in all the different possible factors each reality can do or face, a sword randomly jumping in and out of reality would be a pretty hard factor nail down when it is in existence and could effect the outcome. So either, like others have said, he will need to take control of it or destroy it.
can you destroy what doesn't exist? actually on that note, can the maze 'reset' the sword if it doesn't exist?

as for the colour change, i'd think psimax would know better than to expect minmax to draw oblivious without giving him a chance to speak/change his armours colour.

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:55 am

langerhans wrote:
GriffinDWolf wrote:Actually the very fact the armor is blue when it is next grabbed, Psimax probably already has a good idea of what the sword does, once the armor color would change he could probably guess what it does so he may not necessarily need to have the sword drawn to figure out the sword moves through time. But then it comes to question whether he can figure out it IS oblivion and only minimax can move it. Not to mention if he needs to factor in all the different possible factors each reality can do or face, a sword randomly jumping in and out of reality would be a pretty hard factor nail down when it is in existence and could effect the outcome. So either, like others have said, he will need to take control of it or destroy it.
can you destroy what doesn't exist? actually on that note, can the maze 'reset' the sword if it doesn't exist?

as for the colour change, i'd think psimax would know better than to expect minmax to draw oblivious without giving him a chance to speak/change his armours colour.

Minmax: Giving me a free shot? You BLEW it! (armor turns blue)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

langerhans
Of Few Words

Post by langerhans » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:25 am

RedwoodElf wrote:

Minmax: Giving me a free shot? You BLEW it! (armor turns blue)
The general consensus seems to be that this next colour change is going to be some kind of pun, i motion that all further plot details are resolved by method of wordplay

HennaGaijin
Of Few Words

Post by HennaGaijin » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:08 am

langerhans wrote: The general consensus seems to be that this next colour change is going to be some kind of pun, i motion that all further plot details are resolved by method of wordplay
Seconded! :P
*Insert witty signature here*

Product Placement
Whispers Softly

Post by Product Placement » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:05 am

Still trying to figure out how the hell PsiMax can be juggling this many powerpoints, although the whole "figured out the cheat code for the maze" theory is pretty good. I'm just hoping for some clarification in the story, at some point.

SirButcher
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by SirButcher » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:35 am

Well, I suppose MinMax will cry: "I will throw you into the blue flame!"

This guess as good as any other :D

Rooks
Speaks Quietly

Post by Rooks » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:27 am

Has Thunt stated when the next comic will go up? I don't see the clock up on the main site yet.

DrinksTooMuchCoffee
Indulges in Conversation

Post by DrinksTooMuchCoffee » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:37 am

Rooks wrote:Has Thunt stated when the next comic will go up? I don't see the clock up on the main site yet.
Despite the note at the top of the page about the update schedule, it's actually every week at Monday for a month or so, and then the clock will go up when it is the four-day schedule. http://www.goblinscomic.org/big-changes-for-goblins/

Rooks
Speaks Quietly

Post by Rooks » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:45 pm

Thanks! I had read that. Not sure why I thought it only applied to one week though.

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:03 pm

Well now that Psimax killed Browgath...will Browmax be coming for revenge?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

Plays_Games
Remains Silent

Post by Plays_Games » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:55 pm

willpell wrote:
Kennerly wrote:
When Minmax next draws Oblivious, his armor will be blue.
I remember seeing that particular update when it came out, and indeed the armor looked blue. But when I load the page now, its just black. I guess after coloring/correcting, it got reverted back to black.
Woops, just noticed the hand grabbing the sword does indeed appear to be blue.

Zwums
Of Few Words

Post by Zwums » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:20 pm

It looks purple to me. I hate being color blind.

Kore
Speaks Quietly

Post by Kore » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:27 pm

Product Placement wrote:Still trying to figure out how the hell PsiMax can be juggling this many powerpoints, although the whole "figured out the cheat code for the maze" theory is pretty good. I'm just hoping for some clarification in the story, at some point.
http://www.goblinscomic.org/05272013/
"It looks like each of these gears is storing and amplifying mental energy as well as manipulating physics"

Corpsificus
Speaks Quietly
UStream Username: Corpsificus

Post by Corpsificus » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:15 pm

Misery enjoys company.

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: Liesmith

Post by Liesmith » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:04 am

Well, since all the cool kids are doing it:

I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed."
► Show Spoiler

Orzahn
Likes Puppies
UStream Username: Orzahn

Re: BROW

Post by Orzahn » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:28 am

Misterkami wrote:
Changes_everything wrote:Yeah, well how about you add "June 11" to that smashing thread title? :roll: Ôé¼dit: never mind that.

What does that last panel with the levitating PsiMax remind me of? I'm sure it's another reference, maybe a movie, but I can't grasp it...
Hmm.. I know what you mean. Storm indeed used to have that pose a lot, but also Jean Grey, in her Phoenix form. Still, they're not the thing that's in the back of my mind. I seem to recall someone hovering and slowly and slightly bobbing up and down..
Hmmm, green lantern, in his cartoons and the new movie.
Kida in DIsney's Atlantis when she's all freaky blue pissed off, and her mom in the intro scene.

just about every psychic flying person ever.

And the BEST fit, Dr. Manhattan. HE floats like that before zapping people in 'nam in the movie.
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Jake: Hit it.

RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Post by RidcullyJack » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:02 am

It's familiar because power floats.
Before you click, beware!

wonderdrow
Mutters to Themself

Post by wonderdrow » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:57 am

RedwoodElf wrote:Well now that Psimax killed Browgath...will Browmax be coming for revenge?
Watching his bro getting splisk'd should raise the hair above his eyes.

If he's smart he'll probably browse for easier targets.

Zwums
Of Few Words

Post by Zwums » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:53 am

Shaded Browgath splishk? Kinda yucky. On a similar note, I think I want some lunch meat. Or sausage. mmmmm

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:39 am

Permalink changed after shading.

Please accept the new one: http://www.goblinscomic.org/06112013/.
unshaded version
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)