Yuan Ti question

Discuss the comic here!
blargfoot
Remains Silent

Yuan Ti question

Post by blargfoot » Wed May 22, 2013 5:53 am

Do they shed their skin? If so, is it just the snake part? Could you make leather armor out of it? Is it a renewable resource?

Just a random thought I had.

Insane Kitty
Whispers Softly

Re: Yuan Ti question

Post by Insane Kitty » Wed May 22, 2013 5:56 am

They probably shed the tail part, but as with most snakes, the skin is more then likely so thin you can see through it, so no good for armour.
Well, you may be right
I may be crazy
Hey!
But I just might be a lunatic you're looking for!

Insane Kitty
Whispers Softly

Post by Insane Kitty » Wed May 22, 2013 5:57 am

my question for Yuan Ti is how are they born, are they laid as an egg and hatched, or like a mammal and actually birthed?
Well, you may be right
I may be crazy
Hey!
But I just might be a lunatic you're looking for!

zeus197666
Remains Silent

Post by zeus197666 » Wed May 22, 2013 6:00 am

shed skin isent like the actual Skin of a snake. Its fragile and brittle and drys out rather fast. - it would be totally useless as armour.

Also im it could be both ways they are born. There are a few types of snakes which actually do give live birth.

Greyman
Remains Silent

Post by Greyman » Wed May 22, 2013 8:50 am

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Yuan-ti

I realise this is in regards to the Forgotten Realms, but as Thunt homebrews a fair amount of stuff I'd be surprised if some of it wasn't relevant.

satiresatyr
Remains Silent

Post by satiresatyr » Wed May 22, 2013 10:31 pm

Greyman wrote:http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Yuan-ti

I realise this is in regards to the Forgotten Realms, but as Thunt homebrews a fair amount of stuff I'd be surprised if some of it wasn't relevant.
A lot of that page was homebrew (wasn't from the cited source Serpent Kingdoms anyway). I've cleaned it up, since some people seem interested in looking at it.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu May 23, 2013 2:33 am

@InsaneKitty (and others):
No double posting please. Edit your post next time, please.
Insane Kitty wrote:my question for Yuan Ti is how are they born, are they laid as an egg and hatched, or like a mammal and actually birthed?
This is all I remember that THunt ever wrote about the Yuan-ti reproduction....

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Thu May 23, 2013 6:02 am

Krulle wrote:@InsaneKitty (and others):
No double posting please. Edit your post next time, please.
Insane Kitty wrote:my question for Yuan Ti is how are they born, are they laid as an egg and hatched, or like a mammal and actually birthed?
This is all I remember that THunt ever wrote about the Yuan-ti reproduction....
Thunt also said in a blog post that he based Yuan-ti reproduction off of that of Garter snakes, which give live birth.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu May 23, 2013 7:15 am

Indeed, I remember I read that on a previous forum too.......
But that referred mainly to the actual mating habits, not to the whole conception/birth complex...
Thunt's blog for Yuan-ti mating habits.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

Marnath
Is Heard Often

Post by Marnath » Thu May 23, 2013 10:57 am

satiresatyr wrote:
Greyman wrote:http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Yuan-ti

A lot of that page was homebrew (wasn't from the cited source Serpent Kingdoms anyway). I've cleaned it up, since some people seem interested in looking at it.
It still needs a few things. The first picture is of two abominations and a half-blood, and the bottom one is a pureblood and an abomination. I don't know where the term malison came from, but they are called half-blood.

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Thu May 23, 2013 11:36 am

Even WOTC products do zum schtrange tinks vith Yuan Ti zumtimes...in DDO, dey're actually supposed to include Gorgons (De vuns vith schnake heir, not de veird schtonebreath kows from first edition)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)