Curse of the Gold (Final part 1)

For all games that are now over.
Nerre
Game Master

Turn 120

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:01 am

Turn 120
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Strange tries to form the wood planks into a shape usable to craft armor. If it can be bend for boats, then surely it can for armor, too. He thinks about it for a moment and walks down to the lake. He tries to force the wet would so it warps the way he wants, but it seems it has to lay in the water much longer to get completely soaked through and through. At the moment it is still to stiff.
To his right, he can see the former boathouse shrink. More beams are removes while he keeps pushing the wood below the water surface. He spots Punches who just climbs down a vertical beam after he and another goblin attached the rope to it's upper end.
A boat with two fishermen lands close to Strange. A small female goblin looks at him for a moment and then says.
"Oh, you are crafting another boat? You should use some heavy stones to keep the planks under water. They will have to be wet at least a day before you can start to bend them, do you want to stay in the water all night? We got a shallow pothole at the lakeside north of the jetty. There is no current to let the wood float away and there are already some stones. If you help us carry the fish we caught to the storage, I can show it to you."
"She always talks that much..." says the elder goblin who is already busy picking up fish.
"Don't be mean, Rod. Oh, by the way, I am Wet Feet and his name is Fishing Rod. Wet and Rod for short. Don't give me that look, both of you! I know how it sounds if I say 'I am Wet'! But I still prefer it to 'Feet'. And what name did our stupid hometown teller give you?"

Flies leads Norma back to the tower, she is slightly calmer now that she can hear sounds of life again. The nightguard who is helping Coats with Cowers asks them "Is this captive one of those who beat you up so badly? Looks kind of harmless to me."
When they arrive at the tower Flies turns to Norma. "Can you try to help Cowers and Coats? They were both in pretty bad shape after the fight."
Norma, still sparing of words, nods. She walks to the hurt goblins and takes a closer look at them. Meanwhile, Flies walk up the tower and talks to Bones and the others.
"I'm back, and i've brought a human with me but she is not our enemy. She's a medic and she has agreed to help heal our wounded."
"I hope you are right about trusting her. Nonetheless I will have an eye on her. Trusting a human after such a major battle against their kind - you must have to be either big-hearted or light-headed for sure. I hope it is the first one." Bones says while the goblin who ran up to get some bandages for Cowers and Coats runs down again.
"There is your egg." Bones says and hands the egg inside the blanket to Flies. "You should get some sleep, it is close to morning already."
Flies agrees and lies down with her egg, keeping it warm.

Cowers continues to make her way up the stairs, somewhat oblivious of her surroundings, leaning heavily on Coats. Close to the door of the tower, Flies and Norma stop her, so Norma can have a look at the wounds. Norma grimaces a moment when she sees the nasty wounds, and pulls a handful of herbs out of a larger pouch on her belt. She starts to chew them.
"You got bandages?" she asks the goblins with her mouth full, still chewing. The goblin who ran to get bandages returns just in time. Norma spits the pulp into her hand and whispers a few words. The pulp glows in a faint white light for a second. Then she applies it on Cowers deepest wound if Cowers allows it. If not, she starts with Coats, pushing the pulp deep inside the wound which causes a lot of pain. But before she can apply the bandage the goblin hands her, the pain lessens and the bleeding nearly stops.

She looks at the other wounded goblin and says "Your turn." (Coats if Cowers allowed her to take care of her wounds, else Cowers.)

"Are you alright, Grace?" WalksBriskly asks Grace, who just healed her leg a little bit, gently hauling her to her feet.
"I'm fine. Thanks." Grace says and gives Walks a heal.
Seeing that she can take care of herself, Walks turns and runs over to the last wolf with Grace following him. Tinkers comes running towards them, too.
While Walks tries to scare it off with shouting loudly and banging his axe on a stone, Grace shouts at him over the noise "Can you try to talk to this last one Walks? We don't need more death."
The wolf slowly circles around them. Bear limps up the hill and joins them.
"I could try... " says Walks "Come on, little buddy! We don't want to hurt you anymore."
The wolf eyes him carefully. Then he turns and runs to the wolf which Tinkers and Bear just killed. Kind of shocked the others understand that he is eating his own kind to survive now.
"They must have been driven mad by hunger." Carl says and coughs, still lying on the ground.
He does not look good, he lost a lot of blood and his wounds are still bleeding.
"Help daddy!" Faith shouts at Grace.

Wants looks around n the shed, trying to find something that could function as a shield. He finds a large cauldron lid with a handle. The metal is thin and turned away from the handle, and it won't offer much protection, but it is better than nothing. But it will be very noisy when hit, like a gong.
Walks continue to search the shed for useful things. He finds a stack of heavy potato sacks, and two sacks of crop seeds in a rack. There are also small paper bags with images of different herbs, fruits and vegetables. He finds many tools like hoes and shovels. Some smaller handheld versions, some on long sticks. Wants tries to lift one of the sacks, but it is to heavy for him. He will have to put whatever he wants to loot in a smaller bag. But he is lucky and spots two large crate stuffed with empty bags and sacks. And a few wheelbarrows and buckets. Then, nearly inaudible, he hears the faint ringing of the bell he attached to the back door of the inn.
Not a second later, he can hear voices yell. Wants looks out of the window and sees many humans run around. A large man gives command to the others.
"Build a bucket chain. Adam, Matthew, work the pump! Keep the dew pond full."
Two boys run to the pump and start to fill the dew pond. A woman starts to soak blankets and hands them to the fire fighters. The large man shouts.
"Get buckets, we have to stop the inn from catching fire, too!"
Wants sees how a man starts to run towards the shed he is hiding in.

Battle:
Walks is back on 6/6 hp.

Loot:
Wants:
1 cauldron lid shield (+1 DEF)

Anti-confusion-information:
@Cowers & Coats: The part about Norma healing one of you is depending on Cowers actions, so I will change it retroactively according to Cowers reaction.
@Grace: keep in mind you can cast 1(normal spell)+1(domain spell) spells now each turn. I turned your "heals Walks" into casting one normal and one domain healing spell.
:zzz:

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 121

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:02 am

Turn 121
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"...Poor thing..." Walks mutters, watching the wolf as the others ready themselves. He watches the wolf eating his dead fellow and feels a deep sensation of sadness overcoming him. It is hard to describe, but it feels like his soul is tortured. He sinks to his knees, starts to sweat heavily and breathes very fast. Suddenly he feels like his stomach is digesting itself because of a great uncontrollable hunger. And he feels shame, lots of shame. And pain, but he cannot tell where it is coming from. He looks up for a second and notices that the wolf stopped eating and looks right into his eyes.

"Hmm...Grace, I have this cloth here to stop the bleeding." Tinkers says, offering them to her.
If Grace wants them, Tinkers will hand her both sets of rags he has with him. Grace ignores him first and rushes to aid Carl, casting Weak Cure Light Wounds. Then she pulls out a bandage with healing salve and starts bind the worst of Carls wounds. "I still got some of these." She says with a smile towards Tinkers. "Only three of them left now."

Strange wants to tell the fishermen that the teller was lazy when she named him. He wants to tell stories of things that happens. But all he says is "My soothesayer named me "Strange", which I normally am. Unless I am not, then I am normal" He should probably warn them what may happen if he does normal tasks...normally weird things happen, but he decides this is not the right time. He picks up the wet planks and motions for the fishermen to lead the way.
"It is right north of the jetty, you will find it. We have to carry the fish, else I would show it to you." Wet says.
"You never show me anything." Rod teases her.
"For a good reason." she laughs.
Then they pick up the fish the caught and move them over to the camp fire to cure them on the fumigation racks. Strange looks north and sees the small pit, it was not far way, but hidden from sight by the jetty and the boat house.
Punches and Thumbs team are nearly done, all beams are removed. Only thing to do now is to remove the planks from the floor of the floating platform. Then the boathouse will be gone completely. With some satisfaction Punches takes a look at the huge pile of wood. Thumbs is happy, too. This will be more than enough to build some huts. Maybe they could even build some more traps or fortifications or increase the storage. Many plans of what to do with the wood cross his mind.
Suddenly, they hear a scream from the far northwest of the camp. Seconds later, a second one. Not long and there is a hectically antsiness in the camp. Goblins running around with weapons are trying to get some. Some hiding, some looking for the source of trouble. But the carpenter group is to far away to understand what the goblins in the camp are shouting. "Maybe an attack, grab your weapons!" Thumbs shouts from the large wood stack, trips over a plank while trying to jump down and tumbles over the ground. "Ah come on, not now!" he complains with his mouth full of dirt and grass.

Cowers shies away from Norma a bit when she approaches, but lets Norma tend to her injuries. After she is done, Norma treats Coat's wounds the same way. Soon they feel better and stop to hurt and bleed.
"What now?" Norma asks, unsure what to do without Flies, the goblin who vouched for her.

Inside the tower, Flies wakes and asks Bones " Are we staying here or are we returning to the warcamp?"
"I want to have the town carefully searched through, every building. And I want to have a look into that stronghold. I don't want anybody else to run into humans accidently."
he looks at Flies some longer.
"But if you want to go back, we got two boats and don't need all of you over here."
Flies nods, thinking about what to answer, when she notices a long crack in the shell of her egg.

Wants runs and grabs the stack of buckets and places them close to the door of the shed. Then he jumps into the large crates with the empty sacks just in time before the human pulls open the door.
Hectically his eyes, not adept to the twilight in the shed, scan the room for buckets. When he finds them, a faint trace of relief hushes over his face, then he grabs the buckets and runs to the dew pond. Very quickly, the buckets are filled and wander along the line of humans towards the inn.
Wants can see that some are now on the roof of the Inn, throwing the water onto the stable from above. It seems to him they don't stand a chance against the fire. As silently as possible he pops up and throws as much seeds and tools into a wheel barrow as possible. Then he makes a dash with the wheel barrow towards the stone wall. It is high, but he should be able to climb it. In the shadow of the shed and trees, which the fire casts against the wall, he looks at the wall, more than two times as high as he is.

Battle:
Cowers and Coats are bandaged now.
Cowers is back on 3/6 hp.
Coats is back on 4/8 hp.

Skills:
Walks:
Wild empathy (Change attitude of animal, works like CHA-based diplomacy check on persons)

Traits:
Tinkers:
concealable weapons mastery 2 (+2 ATK with small concealable weapons)
Walks:
druid to be (you can get druid levels now. Nature Sense, Wild Empathy.)
Nature Sense (+2 on knowledge (nature) and survival checks)

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 122

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:02 am

Turn 122
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Wants looks around for an opening or entrance in the wall. But there is none. The wall goes around the long garden and connects to the inn on one side and the burning stable on the other side. He notices that some branches of the trees hang over the wall, but no chance to get anything of medium weight over it that way, let alone the wheelbarrow. The half of the stable away from the inn is totally on fire now, while the humans manage to stop the flames leaping over to the inn on the other side.
A tree close to the stable starts to burn now, too. Most of the shadow cast on Wants is suddenly gone. Only a group of bushes close to the shed may provide enough cover.

Eyes narrowing, Punches jumps off the remains of the boathouse and grabs for his equipment, which he left on dry land. Axe held tightly in both hands, he rushes towards the village, and the source of the disturbance.
Stange looks around to see where the scream is coming from. He grabs a fish and runs to that sound. He says "Beeeeee safe, bawck lattar.", whatever that means.
He tries to find the assailants. One human and a few elves are fighting their way into the warcamp from the northwest. A new recruit lies on the ground, bleeding and not moving.
"Adventureeers!"
Another fresh recruit is hit by an arrow, while he runs towards the centre of the camp, trying to alarm the rest of the clan. A large cat runs to the shot down goblin, ready to maul him. Strange advances on the cat, trying to calm it down with the fish. He offers it with both hands as a peace token. The cat jumps at him, wiping the fish aside with it's claws and cutting Strange in both hands at the same time. He receives two damage and falls on his butt.
Punches jumps at the cat, swinging the axe furiously at it's neck. But the cat is swift and agile, and only receives a cut to it's flank. It growls and backs up a few steps. An arrow is flying at Punches, but does not hit. He raises the broad head of his axe in defense, while he scans the camp for the one who shot the arrow. He sees that two of the elves are equipped with bows.
The human between them is wielding two short blades. Behind them there is a female elf, who looks unarmed. She only got a small bag strapped around her shoulders. All elves have white or nearly white hair and a dark skin.
Some goblins are trying to escape towards the camp centre, but the adventurers are chasing them.

More goblins leave their huts or gather around the centre, some ready to fight, some unprepared since they have been interrupted with their normal duties.
"Share spare weapons, take cover!" chief Appears yells commands. Some goblins open doors for cover or take cover behind huts, some run for the storage or their huts to arm themselves.
"This will be fun!" the old veteran says and draws his swords.
"Get the wounded ones out of the way!" Age yells when she spots the injured ones.
A red hand grabs Strange leg and pulls him into safety for now.

Flies stares at the crack horrified for a minute until she realises what is happening.
"Th-thanks," Cowers whimpers, still wary of Norma. "I..." Cowers falters, unsure of herself. "I g-guess you c-can come up." She says, trudging up the stairs again.
Coats and Norma help her, while the guard stays at the bottom of the tower but looks the door.
When they enter the top of the tower, they hear Flies.
"It's hatching!" she exclaims excitedly.
Coats decides to to rest for now ignoring the egg sound. He lies down on a free blanket an lets the healing herbs do their job.
Flies places the egg back down on her bedroll and watches it. Another crack! But it seems the others are not that exited about it than she is.
Once on the upper floor with the other goblins, Cowers mumbles something unintelligible to Bones and finds a place to lay out her bedroll and tries to get some rest, albeit only watching Norma fearfully for a few moments.
But Norma stays calm and sits down and talks to Bones.
"My name is Norma. I am a healer. The orange one already spared my life once during the battle at your camp, after she learned that I was forced to join the army..." with a low and sad voice she adds "...just like my husband."
"So why did you not run back home?"
"Other humans caught me and .... and...did horrible things to me. Then the dark purple one woke them up while she tried to safe me-"
"Cowers tried to safe you?" Bones asks in disbelieve, turning his head and watching her for a few seconds.
"If that is her name, yes."
"I know she got better with controlling her fear, but that is just so far beyond the guts I would have thought her capable of."

"I...I'm sorry..." WalksBriskly mutters, tears in his eyes as he watches the wolf. "I wish we could help you..."
Turning to the others, he asks "Can we leave soon?". Just in that moment, a voice in his head says. <You helped me.>
"Yes we should get going." Grace says, obviously she did not hear the voice. She heals Carl again and helps him back on his feet. Tinkers looks around to assess the situation. Upon seeing Faith missing an arm, he looks around until he finds it, muttering "Hmm..." while he picks it up.
"Thanks." Carl says to Grace.
"Are you ready?"
"Yes, much better now. Did not know goblins had such strong healing magic."
"Let's see if the coast is clear." Grace answers and casts detect undead. She cannot sense any undead, only a faint feeling of them being far behind them.
She uses her last spell to heal Bear back to full health. He stops limping and thanks her, too.
"Is there enough time to get their furs?" Bear asks. "The mountain tops in the east are covered in snow."
"How fast can you skin a wolf?" Carl asks.
Tinkers returns Faith arm to her, saying, "Here. You may wish to keep this. I do not know for certain, but it might be possible to reattach it later."
"My arm! Yikes!" she squeaks and tries to plug it back into the her shoulder joint. "Eww! It does not work that way. It does not hurt, but I want it back." she turns to Grace. "Can you help me, please?"

Battle:
Strange is down on 3/5 hp.
Cowers is back on 5/6 hp.
Coats is back on 6/8 hp.

@Burns: I know you want to make him talk in strange patterns, but this time I had problems to understand what he is saying. "Back later"? Maybe you can write everything he says two times. One time in his strange pattern, and one time in proper english . :)

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 123

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:03 am

Turn 123
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Flies sits beside the egg eagerly waiting for it to hatch.
"Oh I hope it's a bird or a dragon or anything with wings, come to think of it some sort of lizard might be nice or a snake." Flies mutters to herself. For now, no further cracks appear in the egg.
Cowers slowly lets weariness carry her off to sleep, no longer listening to what Bones and Norma are saying. One last thought crosses her mind before she drifts off: 'She's making me sound braver than I actually was.'
On the blanket beside her Coats is sleeping too, while the Bones orders most of the other goblins to search through the orc town until it is clear if it is free of enemies or not. "Flies, maybe you should join Poor and the others." Bones says. "I know you are bursting with curiosity about that egg, but we need to secure the town. And I want us to gain access to the orc stronghold. It may come in very useful if they attack us again."
Flies feels a sensation of chilliness, though it is not that cold in the tower.
"Why is it suddenly so cold in here?" Bones asks surprised and opens some windows, allowing the sunlight to warm the floor inside the tower.
<cold>
"I know, I just asked you." Bones says to Flies.

Wants starts to throw the things over the wall which are light enough. He packs the tiny paper bags with seed into his pockets. The potato sack and the wheel barrow are far to heavy, but he is able to throw the smaller seed bags and the tools over it. When he throws a shovel, a loud noise of metal banging on metal comes from behind the wall.
He turns his head to check if anybody heard something, but it seems he is lucky. Oh wait, isn't that boy at the pump looking at him?
"Dad, is that a kobold at the wall?"
"We got no time for that!"
"But there is a kobold!"
"Stop your nonsense! We have to extinguish the fire or we'll be homeless by dawn."
"But-"
"Do you want to feel the belt?"
"Nosir."
"Good, keep pumping."
The boy still is staring at Wants, but does not say another word. He looks angry. Wants guardian angle must have been very busy during the last minutes.
Wants tries to lift the now empty wheel barrow, but he fails. It is to large and heavy, made for humans, not small goblins. He gives up and starts to climb the wall.

Grace answers to Faith
"We are special goblins. My full name is Grace of Maglubiyet and it is through him I've got these powers. He's not thrilled with me using it on humans though so consider yourself lucky." Grace smiles curiously.
"Am I still a human?" Faith asks confused and shakes around her severed arm. This makes the severed arm look like it got a mind of it's own and like it was waving at Grace.
When Faith asks Grace about help with her arm, Grace turns a little more serious. "I don't know.. I don't think I can reattach limbs.. I'll try, but this might hurt." Grace tries to carefully heal Faith while keeping her arm where it should attach itself if the healing worked.
With a loud snapping noise, the upper arm bone jumps back into it's join when Grace starts to push it in. When she casts a healing on it, a few dry and ripped sinews move like tiny snakes, trying to get hold of the upper arm joint again. But it doesn't seem to work. After a while they stop moving and dangle around like before. But it shows that the healing spell was not necessary after all. Grace maybe is not able to reattach limbs on living being or mend bones, but on this very special patient shoving the bone back into the joint correctly was all that was required to reattach the arm.
Faith moves her arm again. "Hooray, thanks!" Faith says and opens and closes the hand several times.
Meanwhile, Walks talks to the voice in his head.
<I tried. It is sad when creatures go hungry. Hurting something just because it is hungry is not good.>
WalksBriskly says back, not quite realizing that this is in his mind.
<Not hungry anymore, good?>
"Wait...Did you guys hear that voice?"
Tinkers responds to Walks "Hmm...I have not heard anyone but us speak. Perhaps you simply misheard?"

Tinkers then turns to Bears. "Do you need a knife? Can I assist?"
"Sure, four hands work faster than two. I may have lost nearly everything else, but I still got my knife."
Bear starts with a few cuts to open the skin, the he starts to cut it lose starting from the first cuts, while he pulls away the skin at the same time. He shows Tinkers how to do the same on another spot.

The two goblins who are missing parts of their bodies, Plays and One, run for the recruit who got hit by an arrow, trying to reach him faster than the dual wielding human. Age hides behind the door of her hut, preparing some healing.
Chief Appears and the veteran make a dash towards the firewood stack close to the fireplace. On the other side of the fireplace, a recruit runs towards Punches for protection. Keeping one eye on the archers at all times, Punches swings his axe repeatedly in a wide arc to fend the cat.
A Hunter and Tumbler (the goblin who was killed in the large battle but then revived) are equipping themselves in the storage.
"Damn, most hunters are north in the hunter's camp." Appears informs the veteran close to him with an annoyed voice.
With a low growl, Punches circles the cat, trying to keep it away from the injured goblins, whilst putting it between him and the elven archers. This works for him, but the archers got enough other targets. The recruit who just run past Punches gets hit by two arrows and falls onto the ground.
The cat looks at him instantly and runs towards him. Seems it wants to finish him off. But suddenly the cat tumbles and rolls over the ground, a growling and hissing ball of fur. Seems like Nauhir awoke from his slumber inside the boathouse. And it also seems like he doesn't like that cat. He seems not to care about the cat being twice as large and that it is out weighing him by far. Fast like the wind he intercepted it and made it trip by jumping at it's throat and ending up biting into it's breast. But the heavy hat starts to pound him with heavy paws, cutting into his flesh with it's claws.
Punches notices the rest of the working crew and the fishermen behind himself and charges the the cat. He swings his axe and scores an hit to it's flank. The cat spins around, which sends Nauhir flying, and swings it's claws at Punches legs, dealing him two damage.

Being safe behind a door for now, Strange talks to Rod who pulled him back. "Golden feline of large was displeased with offerings of fish. The battle of not yet won I would join, but no armour I have to suit me." Strange waits to get bandaged, but nobody with that skill or bandages is around. "No use to get more coppery nectar on the field, I am no longer here." Strange gets up and leaves the battle field, knowing it is too dangerous to go out in the condition he is in and also with lack of anything decent to defend himself with. He runs across the camp. "Humanoids with furry pets attacking! Arms needed! Shields needed! Pussy bites beware! Has armours!"
"As if we didn't know!" somebody shouts.
"Run to the hunter's camp, alarm then!" chief Appears commands Strange.

Battle:
Cowers and Coats are back to full hp.
Punches is down on 4/6 hp.

Warcamp map link:
http://www.nerregatt.de/games/cotg/N0E0 ... 0E0_H7.png
Who is in which Zone:
http://www.nerregatt.de/games/cotg/Zones.png

@All: I draw two maps this time. One showing who is where, and one showing the warcamp during the battle.

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 124

Turn 124
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Wants empty's the potato sack, which is well I think filled with potato's since it too heavy. After he made it light enough he knots it around his neck and climbs the wall, not forgetting to stair the little child right in the eye give him a big evil grind and two thumbs up. The boy looks even angrier now.
Wants jumps down the wall and gather the tools and seeds he threw over the wall. Then he walks along the wall, heading for the street. But the undergrowth of the trees on the outside of the wall is tight and thorny. He advances very slowly to not hurt himself or damage the sack, while he cuts away the most obstructive blackberry tendrils with his knife. Then he can hear the sound of hooves growing louder on the road. It is coming from the direction the two humans rode, not the direction he was dragged from. He is still to far in the thick undergrowth to see them, but he can hear them very good now.

Cowers sleeps and dreams of standing alone in a frost-covered forest clearing, snow gently falling all around her.
"I didn't say anything" Flies replies confused, but it seems Bones is to busy kindling the small oven in the tower some more. Flies wraps the egg up in her bedroll to keep it warm. "I'll be back soon." she wispers to it.
Coats awakes. He gets up and takes his sword and shield. " Feel better. Will help." He mutters to Flies.
"Better."<better> two voices say synchronously. One of them was Bones, but the other one?
In Cowers dream, the snow stops to fall. It is getting warmer and after a while it even starts to melt. It is a nice and sunny day.
Still confused, Flies gathers her weapons and turns to Bones "Please keep my egg safe while I am away."
"I will." he says, moving it a bit closer to the oven.
Flies then heads out with Coats, Poor and the others to secure the orc village.
Cowers, unaware of Coats' departure, continues to dream. Meanwhile the first flowers of spring broke through the melting snow carpet.

<Yes, not hungry is good...Who am I speaking to?> WalksBriskly says, staring at the wolf.
<Me.>
Well, that was a very detailed answer.
"...you're welcome." Grace says to Faith, surprised she actually managed to relocate Faith's arm. "I don't care if you are human. All I know is that you seem to be a good person."
"You are a good person, too." Faith says with her voice turning low, until she starts to sob. Without a lung, a throat or a nose. "I want to be alive again. Like a complete person." Faith says, wiping over her face with a hand like if her nose was running.
"Shhhh, Sweety! Come here." Carl says and comforts her until she stops sobbing "I am sure Pelor will help you with the flesh problem, once we reach the shrine. But to me you still are a complete person. You never stopped to be. You still got your heart of gold, though now it is hidden in your soul until you are healed."
This causes her to sob some more, but this time it is the emotional kind.

The goblins let them be on their own for a while.
Grace in the meantime, heals all who are still hurt. Which is herself and Walks. Tinkers continues to skin the dead wolves. After they are finished with the first one, Bears let's him practise on his own with the second one. They don't dare to go to the third dead wolf with the last living wolf being right next to it.

Stange is still runing north, towards the hunters camp. He does not reach it this turn, but he keeps shouting, in case they might be close by, hidden by the forest along the small track towards their camp.
"Pussy with humaniods taking goblins down! Need alarm vocals! Need many goblins!"
Strange finds a stick which looks sturdy enough to be a good weapon and picks it up, then he continues to run. He feels the weight of the dwarven bread and the rusted tools in his backpack. Something pointy presses against his back repeatedly while running.

Punches again charges the cat, this time moving so that he and Nauhir attack from different sides. But the cat seems to understand what he intends to do, and hits Nauhir again with it's mighty paws. The little wolf yipes and roles over the ground. Then he lies still in front of the fire place.
But the cat has to back up with Punches advancing and swinging at it with his axe. He deals a minor cut to the cat. Wet catches up to him and gets in front of the hurt recruit. Now Age runs over the camp center to the hurt goblin. A fireball nearly hits her, but she dodges. Instead it hits the hut behind her.
"Our hut, Cloud!" Wet yells.
"Not important, focus!" Cloud bellows back.
Behind Punches more goblin advance. Thumbs chooses another way. He runs behind the storage towards his hut.
In front of Punches Plays and One reach the hurt recruit and start to drag him back, but the human swordsman nearly reached them. Punches sees chief Appear and the veteran get ready to attack. An arrow hits One, another one misses him and gets stuck in the door to the chief's hut. Suddenly the human is hit by an arrow in his shoulder. Punches looks to his left and sees the hunter, now equipped with a bow, standing behind the door of the storage. Another goblin with an spear is giving him cover and keeps his eyes focused on the cat.
"Where is the fifth one?" Cloud says. "They always form parties of five for some reason!"

Battle:
Grace is back on 7/8 hp.
Walks is back on 6/6 hp.

Loot:
Wants:
1 sack with potatoes, seeds and gardening tools
Strange:
1 stick (+1 ATK, blunt weapon)

Map:
Strange reaches H5 this turn. (Map link in my signature)

Warcamp map link:

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 125

Turn 125
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"Don't just stand there! We need to swarm it!"
Not waiting for a reply from the goblins behind him, Punches circles to the left, trying to keep the cat focused on him while the others flank it.
Wet and Rod advance on the cat, followed by Cloud. The two recruits behind them look afraid, but follow Cloud. When the cat has to split it's attention between all the goblins, Punches attacks. Hi charges at the cat, his axe ready for a heavy blow. But then, he is hit by an arrow in his left arm, taking two damage. The impact is hard enough to make him spin and trip. The axe bites into the grass, while the cat swings it's claws at Wet and Rod, who are able to fend it off for now.
Punches crashes onto the ground and notices a blood red veil appearing in his vision. Cloud pushes her spear forward between Wet and Rod and hurts the cat on it's head. The angry cat hisses and retaliates by hitting Rod 's leg.
The human fighter reaches the hurt recruit and hits both him and Plays one time, just before Appears and the veteran attack him. Appears dashes low and cuts into the lower legs of the human, while the veteran uses the pile of firewood to jump along the back of the human, cutting him from one shoulder over both blade bones to the other shoulder. This attack comes at a prize, since the veteran is hit by a magic missile from behind. He is instantly engulfed in purple flames. He screams and rolls over the grass, trying to extinguish them, but it does not seem to work. The human fighter, however, looks worn out and like he is on the ropes.

The second elven archer shot his arrow at the hunter at the storage, but did not hit. But the hunter did neither. Thumbs is able to sneak into his hut unnoticed. Age is busy taking care of the wounded recruit, with the fire on the hut right next to her spreading.

Further north, Strange reaches the hunter camp. Two hunter are present. When Strange tells them what happens, it does not take them long to understand. Arrowhead blows his horn, and then the run back towards the warcamp with Strange. After a minute two more hunters join them.

Cowers kneels down in her dream, picking one of the wildflowers curiously as the clearing continues to warm up and the snow completely melts. Then she looks at the grey-white sky. Suddenly she sees small fissures, growing like ice breaking below your feet. It looks unnatural in a frightening way on the one hand, but on the other hand she can see bright blue sky and the sun through it, feel it's warmth on her skin. The flower in her hands grows and grows, it's petals turning green, while it's stem is turning brown, until it is to heavy for her. She drops it and suddenly it is a little tree.

Flies continues towards the orc village with Coats. They start checking the houses closest to the tower first, with two goblins keeping an eye open on the streets, while enter and search through the houses. But except for a few more lootable things they do not spot anything. The keep searching, many houses left to search through.

Wants sits tight and still, waiting for the sounds to vanish. But instead, they grow louder and stop right in front of the burning stable.
"What happened here?" one of the newly arrived asks.
"It was not burning when we left." a nervous voice says quickly.
Wants notices some movement to his right, away from the wall, deep inside the thorny bushes. Was that a rabbit? Or a rat? It was looking him right into the eye for a split second.

<Alright...I going to assume I'm talking to you, wolf, rather than the voices in my head. I am sorry we had to kill your pack mates and injure you, but that was for the same reason you attacked us. Survival.> WalksBriskly says, sitting down, but still watching the wolf. The slowly advances on him.
<Survival yes.>
<If you have had your fill, would you mind moving so that we can remove out share from you pack mate?>
<the dead have no need for their meet and skin. They hunt with Geburah now. Eat them.>
The wolf lies down in front of Walks now.
Grace, seeing that the group won't move on yet, sits down for a prayer.
Tinkers does not think about eating the wolves, but he is busy taking his share from them. Carefully he tries to remove the skin. It is hard and he cuts too deep a few times, scratching through the skin. Well, the holes are minor and the dense fur will still keep warm the future owner of this hide.
"Not bad for the first time. But you need some more practice I think." Bear says and cuts off thin but long strips of flesh from the wolf's leg muscles and ties them around his broken scythe handle.
"This will become good dry meat. Lots of muscles and nearly no fat."

Map:
Strange made it to he hunter's camp and back in H5 this turn.

Battle:
Punches is down on 2/6 hp and in RAGE now.

@Burns: In my profile you can find the link the the world map of this game. At the moment you are in H5. Since the hunters camp is one more field north and the warcamp two in the south, and you can only move two per turn at max, you won't be able to reach the warcamp before the next turn. Take a look at the actions in post one: it is two out of (move, action) per turn in any order or kind of combination. Last turn for example you had move two times.

Warcamp map link:

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 126

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:04 am

Turn 126
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Wants tries to walk as silently as possible away from the sound and scary rabbits as possible. Well, actually it is rather crouching than walking. He hears the riders arguing now, but does not understand what they are saying. The fire, the fire fighters and his own movement is making to much noise. He feels observed, but cannot spot anything.

With a roar of rage, Punches jumps onto the cat's back, swinging his axe down onto it's head with all his might. But the cat jumps and bucks, so his axe does not hit. Instead he loses his weapon and his grip on the cat, crashing hard into the fire pit. Ashes fill his lungs, and he cannot see. He bounces and is off the fire pit again, landing close to Appears and the human. He has problems to breathe and coughs repeatedly, his eyes water. It makes him feel sick, and he feels the urge to throw up.
"Run to the lake and take a dive." somebody says, but he has problems to open his burning eyes. But he can feel the cool wind blow towards the camp from the lake, so he knows the general direction.

The mage fires again at the hurt veteran, but the old goblin rolls into Age's hut and the magic missile only hits the wall. The prisoner inside looks shocked and asks
"What is happening?"
"Shut up!"
"..."
Outside, Plays continues to drag away the hurt recruit, while One joins Appears. Together they attack the human. But he seems to be a capable fighter. Even with one of his opponents being Appears, he is able to fend of two goblins. But he has to back up. Then One jumps at him with a powerful swing. But too late he finds out the human was counting on that and dropped his guard on purpose. One runs into his sword, and since he has no other arm than his sword arm, he is unable to do anything about it. With a gargling noise One coughs blood as the human pulls his sword out of One's belly again. Then he sinks to his knees and looks down on his wound.
"One!" Plays screams.
Appears eyes go all black and he looks very angry. He runs at the human again, feints an upward attack and then ducks below the humans counterattack as he passes him. The human spins around very fast, but he drops one sword and presses his hand on his side. Dark blood is dripping down from it. Appears cut into the human's liver.
"YOU DARE TO ATTACK MY CAMP AND STAB MY PEOPLE?!" Appears yells. All adventurers look into his direction for a second.
"Little help over here!" the human bellows an order. Age uses the distraction to move from the recruit to Nauhir, now tending to his wounds.
An arrow flies at Appears, but he deflects it with his sword.
Another arrow hits Rod. The hunter at the storage hits the cat in return, who then backs up from the goblins. Rod and Cloud follow it carefully, while Wet throws her spear at one of the archers - and hits.
Thumbs, now armed, circles around the huts to get to the adventurers from behind. Tumbler leaves the storage, tosses another javelin to Wet and yells at the recruits behind her that they should the hell get armed, too, while he runs to Rod to give him some cover using one of the large shields the looted from the human army.

Strange looks at the hunters and asks "Are these the rest? Are these the all?" while they all are running back to the warcamp.
"What did you expect? An army to hunt a few prey animals?"
They are able to reach it again this turn.

In the orc town, nothing happens - again. Flies and the others search the houses, but do not spot any traces. The walk by the stronghold again, but still nobody got an idea how to get in.

Cowers stands up and backs up from the tree, fearfully watching the sky. The other flowers start to turn into trees, too. She instinctively reaches for her weapons, only to notice they're gone; she instead decides to watch the sky while hiding behind the cover of a tree at the edge of the clearing.
The ground in the clearing shakes. It starts to swell and form a little hill, which grows further and further in height, but not width. It starts to bend like a tentacle, trying to reach the firmament. But yet, it does not. The sky is out of reach. But the fissures in the clouds grow and spread, as if somebody would push on already damaged glass.

<Thank you. Do you have something you wish to be called? Or shall I come up with one for you?>" WalksBriskly asks, watching the wolf.
<Names are not important - except Geburah.>
<And who is Geburah?>
<He is the wolf god.>
"We got to get going" Grace says as she gets up from her prayer, trying to get the group on their feet.
"Even if we are going to the shrine of Pelor..."
"Why are you saying that? I did not insult your god, so don't do it to mine!" Carl says a little bit angry, while Grace heals herself.
"Hmm...You are right. I doubt our pursuers have slowed in their hunt."
"You are right." Carl says, and gets up, too. "I am just so ... tired. Shouldn't the healing fix that?"
Tinkers, now finished with the last hide packs up the three hides, and looks west from where they came. He cannot spot anything, but Grace can feel them coming after she renewed her detect undead spell. The continue to walk to the east, where she can sense no undead. The wolf follows them. They walk the whole day, with only a few short breaks, until they finally enter the forest along a path Carl led them to. It is very silent in the forest. Except for the wind playing with the trees they cannot hear anything than the sounds made by themselves.

@Dusk: Sorry, you diced horribly this turn.
@All: Info about Geburah:
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Geburah_%283.5e_Deity%29

Warcamp map link:

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 127

Turn 127
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Flies continues searching the village, but they find nothing and are done with all buildings after a while.
"We must have already found them all, unless they are in there." She says pointing at the stronghold.
"I could try to climb up. I see some rain water drain holes..." Poor suggests.
"Theirs nothing here...We should head back to Bones and get further orders." Coats says.

Wants tries to get as far away from the humans a possible, crouching to freedom and hoping to get out of the human infested area as soon as possible. But so far, the tight and thorny undergrowth is a more urgent problem. He is already bleeding from several small stitches.
Suddenly he notices movement to his left, some way in the thorn bushes. To his right he got the wall.

Cowers watches with horrified fascination for a few more moments before bolting and running into the forest. However, after only a few minutes of running, she just winds up back at the clearing as the shaking intensifies. "What..." She whimpers to herself. "What's happening?!".
More and more fissures appear in the sky. Larger pieces of sky break away, like a sheet of ice, but floating upwards and allow more light to fall unto the world. The tentacle-hill reaches the sky and starts breaking away more and more fragments of the sky.
Cowers feels the world drop below her feet and shrinking at the same time, while the tentacle grows for the amount the world shrinks. Like if it was consuming it. Then the world is gone, and only the tentacle-hill is left, much longer and wider now.
Cowers bolts awake with a yelp.
"Bad dreams?" Bones asks, turning his head into her direction.

"No, it's just that.. I'm probably not welcome.." Grace says to Carl.
Grace stays silent as the trees gaze down on her, as does Carl.
<Why do you follow, wolfbrother?> WalksBriskly asks, following the others.
<No food here. Only food with you. You live, you must know where more food is. I want to live, so I follow.>
"I thought I'd feel more at home in the forest, but this one is different. There is no life." Grace says.
<We will soon approach a large number of humans in a stone building. I do not want them to hurt you.>
<Why do they want to hurt me? Why not you?>
For awhile, Tinkers walks silently through the forest with the group, listening for any movement from off the path. Eventually, curiosity gets the better of him, and he asks Carl, "Hmm...Approximately how much farther is it to the Shrine?
"A few days I guess. It is all a bit of a blur in my memory, but I am sure about the path."

Stumbling slightly, Punches clambers to his feet and runs towards the lake. Once there, he washes the ash out of his eyes and mouth, before cleaning off his wounds and applying one of his bandages to the worst of them. This takes some time.
Meanwhile, Strange leads the hunters to the northwest of the camp. Thumbs spots them and moves towards them, gesturing the number five with his fingers and pointing to the centre of the camp.
Rod, Tumbler, Cloud and Wet mass attack the cat, but it runs away and suddenly changes shape, until it is a large elf with fur cloth. He got a string with teeth around his neck and some kind of flowers and moss in his hair. He looks hurt, but not as bad as the cat just did.
"Damn it, I told you I was no healer! I am a damage dealer!" he complains not aimed at anybody specific, but to his whole group. He casts a spell on himself, which emits green sparkles, then he says "Cure moderate wounds." and points on the human.
"Rahhhhh! This is much better Augwe, thanks!" he yells with joy jumps back to on his legs. But Appears reacts quickly and guards both swords the human lost.
"I told you we got no healer!" the mage snarls in an annoyed tone.
"And you, Sinsala, told me we got enough dps, even with your two newbie friends!" Augwe the druid barks back.
"Hey!" both rangers complain in unison.
"We got enough dps." Sinsala the mage still claims.
"Sure, that's why they nearly killed Samod and me!"
"I was hit by a spear, too!" one ranger says like if it was something to be proud of.
"Shoot them, noob. We still can make it. But don't aggro them."
"What?" Appears says, not understanding half of what the adventurers said. But he grows even angrier when they talk so much, like if the goblins weren't there or were no threat.
"Bring it on!" the human says to Appears, and pulls the arrow out of himself. He holds it like a weapon and points it at Appears daringly.
Well, sometimes a dare goes wrong. This is one of those times. With a loud and hatred filled war cry, Appears jumps at the human, slashing the arrow in half - and the hand of the human, too. Still in the air he spins around and trusts his sword deep in the just healed leg of the human.
But the human grabs Appears sword hand and tosses him hard against the teller's hut, knocking him out. While Appears sinks to the ground, the human arms himself with Appears sword and picks up one of his own again.
"Who's next?" he asks full of himself, posing heroically on the fire wood.
"That will be me." the veteran says, stepping into the doorway of the tellers hut.
Plays moves forward to grab One and drag him away, now that the recruit is safe behind the door of the chief's hut.
Punches is nearly back. Plays spots him and throws One's sword right in front of Punches path.
The other goblins advance on the druid while the recruits run into the storage.
The hunter at the storage shoots again, hitting the hurt ranger Wet already hurt.
"Shoot, more dps!" the mages yells.
The rangers shoot, but one only hits Tumblers shield, while the other one hits the door of the storage again.
The druid and the mage cast simultaneously:
"Summon nature's ally II - dire rats" the druid says,
"Summon monster III - dire rats" the mage.
Six large rats pop into existence out of nowhere. They look diseased and vicious.
"Rats!" Rod says.
"No, dire rats!" Cloud says.
"No I ment-nevermind, form a line!" Rod yells.
"Be careful!" Age yells from behind.

Warcamp map link:

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 128

Turn 128
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Wants tries to get through the thorns towards the movement he noticed. Heading left, away from the wall, he forces himself deeper into the dense undergrowth, taking one damage. He spots some more of the things moving around, though he gets no good view on them. What he saw makes him thing ok large rats or small rabbits.

<I suppose they will not harm you if you are with me. Although we shall have to wait for the human to explain. My kind is not usually liked by the humans, even those who follow supposedly good gods.> WalksBriskly says, still conversating with the wolf as they travel. <Possible death beats sure death. So I keep following.>
<Hmm...You remind me of another friend of mine. He's a wolf as well. He has a name though. It is Nauhir...>
<Why he has a name? And where is he? He starved?>
Grace feels a creeping feeling that something is wrong in the forest and casts Detect Undead.
But no trace of them is there, not even behind them.
"Where do you think we can stay the night Carl?"
"I slept on a tree last time I was here. But there was more animal noise back then. The forest seems dead except for the plants..."
"They are nice." Faith says, busy picking up flowers for a bouquet.
Tinkers walks along with the group, still listening for any sounds from deeper in the forest. He hears faint movement, like wind playing with leaves.
Then Walks notices some vines slowly crawling towards them from both sides of the path. A few leaves are flying around along them, in a pattern which would be impossible due to wind blowing them around. The others have not yet noticed them.

Cowers takes a few deep breaths and nods. "It... it was weird. The sky was cracking open and the world was vanishing beneath my feet. Something was reaching up..."
"You should tell Age. Dreams sometimes are closer to vision than you would believe."
Cowers shakes her head and chuckles. "Sorry, I'm rambling. It's just the weirdest dream I've had in a long time." Cowers looks around. "Hey, where did everybody go? Did something happen?"
"No, I just send them to secure the village. We encountered enough humans for one day. If you feel rested enough, you can take Norma with you and join the others, just in case they run into something. Or climb upon the storage shed and keep your eyes open."

Flies looks up at the stronghold. Huge, very huge. Well, it has to be, since Orcs are around two times larger than goblins. Mostly smooth stones with little joints at all, hard to climb even for creatures smaller and lighter than orcs.
"If you think you can go for it but be careful their may be humans in there."
"Ok, help me up then."
Poor tries to get hold of a wider joint.
Flies and Coat help Poor by giving him a leg up. He stretches far but is not able to find grip. He slides down. A few broken crates are left from the stack of items the goblins build when the visited the town for the first time. Seems the humans broke it.
Poor tries and fails again. Flies feels very tired from being awake for such a long time without rest. Lifting half of Poor's weight increases that feeling.
"Maybe if both of us throw you up to that drainage hole?" Poor suggest to Flies.

Punches runs past the burning hut and snatches the sword thrown in front of him with his left hand. He tries to charge at the fighter, trying to approach him from the side and catch him by surprise while the Veteran distracts him.
The hut has been ablaze now for a while, and it is finally too much for the roof. It collapses and sends sparks of fire flying around. Two larger ones jump over to Coat's and Poor's hut and set its roof on fire.
"Somebody fight that fire!" Age yells while she runs over to One who is bleeding heavily. Behind him, the recruit faints.
"Bring it on!" the human shouts at the veteran. Like if those words had been a starting shot, the veteran starts to run at the human. Short before he reaches him, he jumps high into the air. He manages to deal minor damage to the human, then he is caught at his throat midair by a very strong hand. The fighter is much more brawns than brain. Else he would have killed the goblin instead of playing around with him and even drop a sword to be able to do so. The old goblin does not miss that chance of opportunity and deals another cut to the same arm. Then a sword handle hits him hard on his head. His limbs droop and dangle around his body, as the human turn towards Punches. He did spot him out of the corner of his eye, but it is too late. All he can do is to take an eye for an eye by pointing his sword at Punches, who is not able to evade it. While Punches sword enters deep into the side of the human, the sword of the human penetrates Punches shoulder. Both drop their swords. But while Punches feels his rage expire, the human is still standing and grabs him by his ears and lifts him up.
"This is your-" the human starts to say, but is interrupted by a scream.
"FOR ONE!" Plays screams, shoving his sword into the chest of the human with both hands.
Unbelieving the human looks down and topples, taking all three goblins with him. They crash into the fire wood, but they are free of his grip.
The elven rangers try to help the human, but one arrow misses Plays and goes wide, the other one never is released. Because the second ranger falls flat on his face with three arrows in his back. Strange and the hunters got in position!
"Razor leaves!" The druid yells and points in their direction. A whirl of leaves appears out of thin air. The black colored recruit who was taken out first seems to receive more wounds where the leaves touch his skin. Arrow and the hunters are cut of from the fight for now, except for Thumbs who runs around the hut he was hiding behind, followed by Strange.
The mage looks like he has to put more concentration into his summoned monsters. He does not cast anything this turn.

Meanwhile, the rats attacked. While Tumbler is able to fight two of them off and only gets a minor wound on his leg, two of them take out Rod, who is only able to deal medium damage in return. Another rat attacks Cloud. She is able to stab it while it jumps at her, but it still bites her. The last rat attacks the hunter at the storage door. He is unable to defend himself, until the recruits in the storage, now armed, run to help him. Finally he is able to pull out his dagger.

Battle:
Wants is down on 4/7 hp.
Punches is back on 3/6 hp and then down on 1/6 hp again.
Flies is now tired (-1 ATK, -1 DEF, only one action per turn)

@All: Nobody wants to tell Poor you already tried that once and there was iron bars inside the drainage hole?
@Coats: Sorry, your hut is now on fire. I hope somebody extinguishes the fire.

Warcamp map link:

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 129

Turn 129
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Cowers nods, stands up, and stretches a bit, then loads her crossbow. "O-okay, I think I can do that." She thinks for a few moments, then turns to Norma. "Um... are you any good with a bow? Or with a sword and a shield?" Cowers, nervous around the human, doesn't actually quite wait for an answer before foisting her shortsword, shield, and short bow (with arrows) off on Norma. "Erm..I...you are giving me weapons?" Norma says confused. So far, she felt rather like a prisoner than like a part of the goblin team.
She puts the items down and then picks the quiver up.
"They'll probably be better in your hands than in mine."
"I had a little bit training with a bow when I was younger, but the only thing I know about a sword is which end I should point away from me. Well, if you don't need it I will put it away in my backpack."
She grabs the backpack from the loot she and Flies carried over to the tower.
"I think I will grab it too, if you don't mind." Norma says.
"Do you have more bandages?" she looks down at herself "And maybe new clothes? Those bastards ruined mine."

For now, Cowers' heads out with Norma, towards the Orc Stronghold where they run into Flies, Coats and the others.
Flies tries to fight back a yawn while looking at the drainage hole.
"I think we may have tried that before... I can't remember why it didn't work."
"I think I should go back to the tower and rest I'm not going to be much use like this."
"Let's return. The fortress can wait." Coats says noting Flies Yawn.
Poor agrees and so they walk back.
Well, that was a short mission for Cowers and Norma. The group walks up the tower, where they rest for some time. In the late afternoon, Bones suddenly jumps up.
"There is smoke over there in the warcamp!"

Wants still tries to get out of the thorn bushes and as far away from the farm and humans as possible. Preferably without bleeding to death from those damned thorns! Finally, he reaches the rear end of the wall. He sees a few trees in the distance, so the bushes won't go on forever. He thinks the density of the undergrowth already got less. He continues to crouch forward, until he reaches the edge of a little hollow. The bushes are not growing down there, and the ground is sandy. He notices a few holes like rabbits dig them for their tunnels.

Punches leaves the sword in his shoulder, to avoid causing more damage, and keeps the handle away from the fighter so he cannot pull it out himself. On the other side, the veteran pulled out his knife and tries to attack the human who tries to fend him of with one hand, receiving some cuts this way.
Punches rips his sword out of the human's side, and swings it down on the adventurer's throat, but the human blocks it with his metal bracers. It slides along the bracers and leaves a deep cut in his arm. Then Plays stands up. He is hit by another arrow but ignores it. He grabs the handle of his sword again and turns it. Finally, the human faints and is beaten. His limbs become limp.
Punches rolls off the wood pile, which is a very bad idea with a sword right through his shoulder. When he rolls to hide behind the wood pile, the sword is pushed laterally and out of his wound at the same time. He receives three more damage, is bleeding and faints.
Behind them, Age is done with One and starts to treat the recruit now.
"The got Samod down!" the druid shouts and wants to cast another healing spell at the human, but the veteran uses his last reserves and jumps right into the path of the spell, right when the energy left the hands of the druid. Like a water balloon the energy splashes and hits everything around. The fire wood starts to grow green sprouts, the grass below grows much taller. Punches is healed for 1 hp. Plays and the human also are healed for a low amount, but the human is still unconscious, while Plays is at full health. He jumps down to Punches and presses his hands on his wounds. "Age, we need you over here!" he yells.
"I'll be over in a second!"

The veteran, still engulfed in green energy, crashes into the grass which starts to grow around him until he is hidden within it.

Unnoticed by the adventurers, Thumbs and Strange sneak upon them from behind. Thumbs tries to reach the hurt recruit, but he cannot since the leaves instantly cut him too when he tries to move close enough to pull him out.
Strange wants to make a move on the druid after he got the sharp item out of his backpack, but he is noticed before he can reach him. The druid says something Strange cannot understand. Then he is attacked by his own duck. "No Quention, not in my eyes!" he says, rolling over the ground, trying to fight of the duck without hurting it or get hurt.
The hunters and Friendly are running to bypass the razor leaves.

The rats only stop to bite Rod after they are sure he is dead. With tears in her eyes, Wet attacks them. One rat does not look good, the other one is still unharmed. Wet gets bitten once. Cloud meanwhile manages to kill the rat that attacked her and hurries to aid Wet. Tumbler is able to fend of two rats while he hurts one of them again.
At the storage, the two recruits fight well enough to taunt the rat away from the hunter and hurt it again. The hunter uses this time to shoot another arrow, this time hitting the druid centre fold.
The mage still looks concentrated, but not as much as before. Maybe the dead rat was one of those he summoned.
Unnoticed by anybody, the chief stands up again. One of the sparks of green energy had hit him when the veteran intercepted it.
Suddenly, when nobody expected it, Cloud gets hit by a ray of frost the mage cast without any gestures and vocals. She is knocked back and a layer of white frost covers her skin.
"You are next!" the veteran yells at the mage.

Grace keeps wary of undead with another spell, staying close to the others.
<There was a great battle bewteen my my kind and Carls kind> WalksBriskly thinks, indicating the human. <Above the waterfall. The four of us were forced over the edge and managed to survive. Last I saw him, Nauhir was above. I hope he still is.>
The wolf does not answer to this, instead he keeps his eyes on the forest.
<Movement!>
When Walks notices the plants he stops and warns the others "Guys, I would not recommend sleeping in a tree this time. They seem to be moving about..."
"Hmm...Interesting. They are moving of their own accord. Is it possible the undead have somehow affected the plants?....Perhaps we should continue on."
"This place is really creepy". Grace thinks while she heals herself.
"What is wrong with this area..." Walks says and wants to ready his axe.
"I would not do that if I where you." something inside the forest says. At the same time, many of the vines shoot out of the forest and pull Faith to the ground, constraining her.
Tinkers wants to help her, but two vines shoot forward and grabs his wrists.
"What did I just say?" the voice asks.

Battle:
Flies is not tired anymore.
Punches is down on -1/6 hp, bleeding and unconscious.

Items:
Moved from Flies to Norma:
1 backpack
Moved from Cowers to Norma:
1 medium iron shield (+3 DEF)
1 short sword (small, +2 ATK) => 1 knive (medium, +1 ATK)
1 short bow (+1 ATK 75% to miss without markman skill)
12 arrows
Strange:
1 sharp rusty tool (+1 ATK, chance to poison enemy)

NPC character added to group (will be shown in 2nd post, the character overview post):
NAME: Norma
RACE: human
HP: 6
ATK: -1
RATK: 3
DEF: 4
TRAITS:
untrained melee (-2 ATK)
first aid 3 (stop bleeding when binding somebody on first try, bandages now tick for +1 every turn even without healing salve. Treated patients have 1 move action even on 0 hp or below.)
strong (strong, more stableness, more powerful strikes, higher benefit from shields.)
marksman 1 (+2 ATK with ranged projectile weapons per level)
ITEMS:
1 set of leather clothes (+1 DEF)
1 medium iron shield (+3 DEF)
1 short sword (small, +2 ATK) => 1 knife (medium, +1 ATK)
1 short bow (+1 ATK 75% to miss without markman skill)
12 arrows
3 bandages

@All: You know that time passes in different paces for the group, depending on the actions and if there is a battle going on. This turn the actions in the warcamp and the orc town became synchronousl again. That is why Bones could spot the smoke from the hut this turn, and nobody did notice it before.
@Dusk: Punches is not dead, since the limit which means death is -10. So he still got 8 hp to loose.

Warcamp map link:

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 130

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:05 am

Turn 130
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"Yeah, I've got a few bandages right here..." Cowers' digs out her bandages. "I was keeping them in case of emergencies, but I suppose it'd be silly for a medic not to have them. No clothes, though, but the warcamp probably has some new ones that'll fit." Cowers hands over her three bandages. Norma takes them and puts them in her backpack, while Cowers lifts hers up with one arm.
"Wow." Cowers chuckles. "It's been a while since my pack has been so light." She takes the knife out of her pack and tucks it into her belt.
Then Bones raises the alarm.
"W-what?" Cowers gasps, her eyes wide. "B-but we just c-confirmed there w-weren't any b-bad humans left here! How..."
"Not here, at the warcamp! The must have come from the other side of the river!"
Flies stares in horror at the the smoke all traces of fatigue leaving her. "We have to get over there and help."
"Grab your gear and let's move!" Bones commands the goblins.
Flies runs to her egg and grabs it. It is still wrapped inside the blanket to keep it warm.
Coats grabs his stuff and calmly heads to the boats, but is still one of the first to leave the tower, followed by Poor and his men. Cowers quickly gathers her equipment and loads her crossbow. She and Flies are the last to leave the tower, only followed by Bones who uses the key they found to look it. He hides the key below a rock and then they hurry to the hidden boats at the lakeside north of the tower.

Wants heads for the sand, and takes a little break from running. He tries to look around, but since he is lying in a den inside thorn bushes, he cannot see much. But he feels tired after a whole night without sleep, and falls asleep. The last things he hears are faint voices whispering.
"He is in our den, chief Cunning Pete!"
"But he did not spot us, Stubborn Mike."
"Like hell, I tell ya he did see me, chief!"
"He did only see something moving around in the bushes. Maybe a rabbit."
"I am sure he looked me right in the friggin eyes. We should attack now, chief."
"We will stay calm now, Mike. He is only lying around and not doing anything."
"But he moved right into it when he spotted it. Getting into the den of a Jermlaine is like attacking one of us. A vey bad idea. It is our home."
"Our home is deep below the earth right and not in the den, thanks to those bone-fellas. Shut up now, Stubborn Mike."
"But I want to fight, chief. Jermlaine don't hide if they can fight!"
"They do, if they don't want to fight me. Now shut up!"
"....mmmmmkey, chief."

Grace watches the situation tensely. She readies herself to cast Burning hands on the vines in case they cause harm to anyone.
"Hey! We don't want any trouble. Were just trying to pass through." WalksBriskly says. "We don't want to fight anyone."
"That is good. But in times like this, everybody has to choose a side and fight."
A sound of crushing bones and joints comes from Faith. The goblins see the vines ripping away her arms. On this signal, Grace grabs the vines holding Faith down. It starts to burn and pulls back. Another vine shoots forward and pounds right into Grace stomache. She feels sick of the heavy impact and loses 3 hp. Maybe one of her ribs broke.
"I won't give any more warnings."
Tinkers quickly relaxes his muscles, to indicate he isn't resisting, and speaks in his usual emotionless voice, "Hmm...Stop. Everybody, please wait. Whoever you are out there, my name is Tinkers. My companions and I are traveling through this forest to escape undead monsters that have arrived in the west. We do not aim to cause damage to you or your home, we only seek passage. If you release us, all of us, we shall leave this forest with all the speed we can muster."
"But I cannot let you go. The enemy is within your ranks. Explain this."
A very vivid vine is pointing at Faith, while the vines holding Tinkers are turning him around so he gets a good look. Another vine is picking up Grace be her feet and moves her next to Tinkers, upside down.
The vines do not grab neither Walks, Carl, Bear or the wolf.
She remains silent for now and casts detect undead just to be sure there is none close-by. When you're stuck in vines the last thing you want to happen is a zombie coming to you. She can sense three undead coming to the edge of the forest the path they walked earlier.

Strange pushes his duck away and wants to run towards the druid. But the duck follows him and since it can fly, it is faster than him. It flies at his back and picks and bites him, but since is only has a beak made to eat water plants, it does not cause any damage. It is tickling and distracting above all. Strange dives underneath the druid and kicks him where it hurts much. But before he can react, two paws pound on his chest and he can feel claws showing up and piercing his skin. He looks up and sees a large cat sitting on top of him. But instead of attacking him any further, the cat seems distracted. It turns around still sitting on him an pushing him down, and tries to catch it's own tail, since a duck is hanging on it's end. Seems Quention remembered which team he belongs to.
Strange sees a green arm attack the cat and stab it, distracted like it is. Then a paw pushes his head on the ground so he is forced to look north.
The wind carrying the leaves fades and the fall down. But the recruit does not look good, bleeding from many wounds. Strange is no expert, but he thinks he is dead.
He cannot see much, with the cat and Thumbs fighting over him.
Punches can see more when he regains consciousness. He feels week but sees the archers arrive behind the cat. Oh, did the druid change shape again? He hears four snapping sounds. Like a bow sinew released.
Right beside him, Plays is hit again and takes cover behind the fire wood stack, too. But the hunters are turning the odds of the battle. The mage took two hits, the ranger one. Punches stays in cover behind the wood pile, careful not to strain his wounds any more. He pulls a dwarven bread out of his backpack, but feels to week to throw it further than his arm is long.

With a simultaneous war cry, Arrow and Appears are charging at the remaining elven archer. He looks like he wants to run away for a second, but then he defends himself by hitting arrow in his face with the bow. He kicks Appears but receives a cut in his leg in return, while he was only able to deal minor damage to both goblins.

"CLOUUUUUD!" the veteran yells while he charges at the mage. Cloud drops to the ground, looking much paler than normal. The layer of white frost covers her skin does not dew. The veteran reaches the mage, but he seems to be surrounded by a shield. The sword cannot reach him, as hard as the veteran tries.

Further south, Wet has problems fighting two rats. She does not deal much damage but receives a lot. Tumbler however takes down one rat and only gets minor damage from the other one.
The recruits at the storage and the hunter are fighting one rat. It is in no good shape and won't last much longer.

Age dives behind the stack right between Plays and Punches. "Make some room for me!" she complains and starts to take care of Punches.
Appears notices that the mage seems to talk, but he cannot hear him. Neither can the veteran who is right next to him, too.
"Stop him from casting!" the chief yells.

Battle:
Grace is down on 5/8 hp.
Punches is back on 0/6 hp. He is awake again, but cannot attack until he get's more hp.

Items:
Moved from Cowers to Norma:
3 bandages

Map:
Bones, Cowers, Flies and Norma move to K6 (orc town).

Warcamp map link:
Who is in which Zone:

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 131

Turn 131
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"The girl is special. She is not infected, nor is she harmful. In fact, she might have saved my life." Grace says.
"She lives without flesh." the voice answers.
"While she seems like 'the enemy,' she has the mind and soul of a harmless little girl. Of all of us, she is the least threat to you. We are travelling to a place where her body might be returned to her, and where we may gain some knowledge on the true enemy that had plagued this land." Tinkers explains.
"The true enemy you say?" the voice asks.
Grace feels a little drowsy with all the blood rushing to her head. "Please let us go. The real threat is getting closer. I can feel it. They'll be here soon! We have no time to dwell."
"You are able to feel them? Not paladin ...maybe a cleric you are!"
"Let them go." Carl says.
"They attacked us."
"They defended themselves or other members of our group."
"We let you pass through our territory unharmed many times, why do you bring back a being connected to death somehow to a resort of life?"
<Not much life around lately.> Walks can hear the wolf say in his head. Suddenly, another voice appears there.
<Wolf, it is not your time to speak!>
The wolf bows down it's head and is silent.
"This man is Faith's father" Walks says. "He left to go get a cure for his family from the shrine of Pelor, but they were gone or already turned undead when he came back. For some reason the girl-" he points at Faith "-was different, coherent and talking to us. He used the cure on her and Faith changed. She doesn't seem to be violent or even actually undead anymore."
"Not undead anymore? This is interessting."
Grace is moved, still hanging down until she faces some bushes from where the voice appears.
"If you, blue one, let me see with you eyes, I might be able to prove your words are the truth. This might be uncomfortable, but it is the only way if you want to pass. No undead is allowed to pass this lands!"

The vines pause and lift up Faith too, just like Tinkers and Grace. But Carl, Walks, Bear and the wolf are still for some reason allowed to walk free.

After a while, Wants awakes. He remembers the voices he heared, when his mind slipped off into sleep.
"Huh..what...anybody their?"
He looks around, but all he sees is a sandy den around him with some rabbit holes, and much thorn bushes around and over it.
"My name is wants, Want to be save, I'm the leader of shield bash city...and kind of the only inhabitant."
"He is a chief, too, Cunning Pe-"
Wants hears a slapping noise follow by a low "Ouch!"
It seems to come out of one of the holes.
"I don't mean you any harm. These humans kidnapped me, brought me to here, took my stuff and wanted to kill me."
"Not true, we took-"
Another slap and another "Ouch!" interrupt the voice.
"I burned down their place, and escaped."
"Wow, hemmmpff-"
This time the the voice trails off into a muffled sound.
"Can you help me?"
For a while nothing happens. Then a voice appears right behind Wants.
"The right question is: can you help us?"

Flies runs to the boat and climbs in. When everyone is in she helps row the boat.
Please let us get there in time she mutters

Cowers runs and climbs into the boat with Flies and the others. When everyone is in she wants to helps row the boat, but Poor and Coats already snatched the paddles. With their increased strength, they are able to row far more powerful than Flies would be able to.
They see a second pillar of smoke arise from the warcamp.
"Hurry!" Bones commands.

Strange thinks over his situation, though there is not much time and all the people trampling over him while fighting are very distracting.
<What is the druid using...must make it go away. Must find a way to rip out nature itself out of the druid.> He sighs when a claw of the druid scratches him again and looks around carefully. <The druid is right over him, he knows it, though he cannot turn. And if there is no driud there is no cat. Why would a druid attack? Done nothing to hinder nature....what is against nature that is near by. Maybe...destroying nature will hinder its powers...>
"What is against nature yet lurks in the woods?" he asks to no one in particular. His voice is muffle by the grass his face is pressed in. Behind him he can hear his duck cackle.
Strangee wants to think over the situation some more. But there is just not much time left for such a think in the heat of the battle. He notices feather falling down right behind him. Then he sees a blood soaken Quention crash into the chest pedestal.
Over him, Thumbs and the druid are still fighting, but Thumbs receives much more wounds than the druid. At least until the veteran joins the fight. Since he cannot attack the mage, his experience tells him to take down something else instead. Better bring down any target than none. He deals a deep stab wound to the druid who did notice him too late.
The hunters are firing on the mage, but all arrows except bounce of him.
A scroll suddenly appears in the hands of the mage. Appears and Arrow take down the last ranger and advance on the mage, but his shield still seems to be up.

In the east, the recruit Age tended to first wakes up. When he notices Cloud and the signs of frost on her, he does not hesitate and pull her back to the burning huts. Maybe the heat will help.

As Age tends to his wounds Punches glances up, noticing for the first time Rod's body and Wet's losing battle with the two rats. Careful not to move too much, he gets Play's attention and points over at the fight.
"She's outnumbered. Help her."
Plays starts to get up but suddenly he lets himself drop back to the ground. A ray of frost flies over there heads, giving them goose bumps.
"That was close!" Plays says. A second later he notices his intact ear is frozen stiff. He touches it and says "Not the second one, too!"
After Age is done, Punches feels good enough to take a dwarven bread out of his backpack and carefully takes a look at the mage over the firewood pile. Age in the meantime, crouches back to One. He may be bandages but his wounds are still bleeding the way Age hurries to get to him.
Punches sees the mage started to read a scroll, but no sound can be heard, though it looks like he is yelling. Punches throws the bread, but it bounces of the shield just like the arrows did.

"Fall back!" Tumbler yells at Wet. She runs towards the storage and he fends of all three rats, but he takes some damage for that. The rat at the storage bites one recruit again, then it dies. But the recruit does not look good either. The other recruit jumps over the dead rat to help Tumbler, while the hunter scores another hit at the druid.

Battle:
Strange is down on 2/5 hp.
Punches is back on 1/6 hp.

Map:
The orctown-group moves to J6 this turn.

Warcamp map link:

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 132

Turn 132
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Thumbs is knocked back by a slashing swipe from the druid sitting on top of Strange.
"Using magic against living beings, are you not being a hypocrite?" Strange yells at the druid in his cat form. With this distraction he is able to grab his claw and get close enough to it with his teeth to bite it.
It does not cause much damage, but it buys the veteran an attack of opportunity. With all of his strength, he stabs his sword deep into the flank of the cat, while the archer at the storage scores another hit on the druid. With a dreadful roar the cat spins around, ripping his sword out of his hands this way. Two mighty claw attacks knock him down, then the teeth of the cat sink into his throat. But together with all the blood he lost, the druids energy seems to fade. Instead of ripping out the throat of the goblin, he collapses on top of him. The veteran faints, too.

"Okay, lets try this again."

Moving quickly, Punches ducks out from behind the wood pile, grabs his axe from beside the fire pit, and attacks the closest rat.

Nauhir awakes. Confused he runs over to Cloud who still is cold, despite of the heat of the two burning huts. The rime on her skin is gone and instead steam rises from her.

Close by, Wet and the recruit joining her are able to take down one rat, just in time before Wet faints due to a nasty bite to her leg.
On the other side of Tumbler the two recruits from the storage join in and deal medium damage to one of the rats. Just when the rat wants to return the favour, it is split in half by Punches axe coming down.

Plays runs to Age, trying to help her stabilze One.
"Damn, I cannot stop the bleeding. It has to be inside of him!"
"Don't let him die, please!" Plays yells with tears in his eyes.
With a sad face, Age looks at Plays.
"It is up to Maglubiyet now."

Appears, Arrow and Friendly and the other hunters pile up on the mage, who seems to be protected by some kind of magic shield. Suddenly, a splash of blinding colors explodes around the mage. Some of the goblins close by are blinded or dazzled, others faint or are disoriented.
Punches is not affected because he did turn his back on the effect, but Strange is disoriented and confused.

Coats rows as fast as he can towards the camp.
As they get closer to the warcamp, Cowers stands up in the boat. She watches the camp closely, trying to determine what's going on. She can see a large vulture fly away from the camp towards the west.
"Who do you think it is?" Flies asks Bones "More of the humans or another group after the chest?"
"I got no idea. But that is not important now. Get ready to fight! Cowers, you and the hunters will climb up to the archer platform at the storage. Flies, you will give them cover against melees trying to climb up their tree. Poor, Coats, we will go in directly from the jetty, using the smoke to hide us. Stabs, you will take the others to circle around the camp and get in from behind."
Once the boat lands, Coats leaps out of the boat, drawing his sword and charging towards the action like together with Bones and Poor.
While running west, Cowers quickly raises her crossbow and tries to determine if she gets a clear shot. But most she can see are goblins, which are busy fighting rats. But since the goblins are in the way, she got no clear shot. She cannot spot any adventurer so far except for a large human lying on the pile of firewood which looks dead. Flies is right behind her with her wrapped up egg.

"Yes, I'm a cleric. I'm Grace of Maglubiyet, and you may see if I speak the truth." Grace takes a deep breath. She pushes away the dread that tries to fill her body, and prepares herself for whatever could be happening.
Tinkers remains silent as he awaits a decision from the voice.
<Why can't the wolf talk?> WalksBriskly mindspeaks.
<I would be willing to hold whatever you require as well...>
<Silence I require now!> the voice says. Walks feels like falling asleep, unable to
develop a thought. Unable to speak or even phrase what he is feeling. He stands still like a tree, not moving or doing anything at all.
A little fairy flies out of the bushes until it is right in front of Grace forehead. Then it touches it. A sharp pain erupts in Grace head, but only for a split second. Then she feels a second mind in her own, much larger and stronger. Not as strong as when she was taken over by Maglubiyet, but still very strong. She is merely a spectator in her own mind and body, while she feels how the other mind takes over. She feels how the other mind sees the undead with her own magic.
<You told the truth> a sharp pain again, and it is over. The vines relase Grace who falls to her knees, feeling dizzy but somehow also enlightend.
This has to be fey magic, one of the oldest and most natural kind of magic beside the gods, she understands.
"You told the truth." the small fey repeats what it said before.
"I will grant you passage, but I will send some guardians along. And we will get rid of your pursuers. RAOOOOOOMMMMMBRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU."
Suddenly, one of the largest trees around starts to move and... lift its heads, while it lowers it's branches - arms.
"MMUUUUUUUAMMMMMOOOOORR." is roars with a slow and deep voice and starts to trot along the path to where the goblins have come from.
Walks slowly regains his ability to think and move again, but he feels different now. Like if the fey magic had some influence on him. He also notices flowers and small vines growing in Grace hair. And in his own too. Wait, he had no hair before. What is happening to him he thinks and touches his green hair. He feels dizzy, but in a good way.
Above him, he can hear movement in the trees. A group of very small lizards is moving through the trees towards the group by climbing and jumping from branch to branch. When they reach the goblins they climb down.
"Bring them to the shrine." the tiny fey says. "I will help Brorumm."
Then she flies after him, accompanied by many wisps.

Meanwhile, Wants down in the Den.
"Sure, I would be honored to help you out." Wants says as hè turns around to face the creature. It looks like a little rat-hummanoid, not larger than his lower leg. It is dressed in rags and has a small rapier like weapon.
"Euhm what are you ?"
"I am Cunning Pete and you will help us clean our well! Follow us, Large Wants, and leave your bag here. Got no time for that!"
They start to run through the thorn bushes. When the notice that Wants is unable to follow them in the same manner, despite him trying his best to clear the path with his sword, they slow down.
"Hurry!" a small rat man says.
"Fast Farin, grab Not so fast Farin and Lightning Larry and run ahead and alarm the other Dens. The Jermlaine go to war!"
"Ay." the small rat man called Fast Farin salutes and runs head over heels down a slope overgrown with thorn vines, followed by two other rat men.
"We already went to war twice this morning, but I am with you!" Stubborn Pete says.
"Pete, I wish it would be another brawling between two Dens. But this time it is a real war." then he turns to Wants
"So, Large Wants, you are a chief too? Then act like one and get you butt moving to where we are needed if you really want to help us. We will clear the way a little bit."
The rat man start to pull the thorn vines sideways so it is easier for Wants to crouch behind them.

Battle:
Grace and Walks magic is empowered now for a while.

Class:
Walks is now a level 1 druid.
+1 HP
+1 MATK (magical attack).
+1 DEF
You will gain new spells to choose from. We will do this over PMs.

@all: I hope it is ok I moved the boat-group a little bit after disembarking, so they are in a better position for next turn.
@Donnigan: Congratulation for Walks getting his first level.

Warcamp map link:

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 133

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:06 am

Turn 133
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Stange pushes the druid off of him with Thumbs helping him. Everything is so blurred but staying here is fine. He looks at the druid, the only thing that is clear and starts to use the corpse as a drum and starts to do some a cappella:

"So you think that you can stop me?
Well that is something that won't be!
All you've done is given me a scratch.
Do you dare another nut kicking match?

You will end up like your buddy -
lying on the ground, dead, bleeding and muddy!
Look at the mess that you've got yourself in.
I'll get some boots made out of your flayed skin!"

"Thank you, we've been on the run for days." Grace says as the ent and the fey departs. The tiny lizards leave the trees and step in front of the group.

Tinkers sheathes his daggers and momentarily looks at Grace and Walks. "Hmm....You both look odd."
"I have...Hair?" Walks says, running his hands though it. After a few times, he folds it luxuriously.
"I feel odd too." Grace replies. She strokes her hair while she contemplates the sensation in her mind. She cures her minor wounds.
A small lizard walks close to the goblins.
"What are you? Where are you from?" it asks with a hissing but soft and friendly voice, it's eyes wide with curiousity.
"Patience, Sissra. Hello. I am Hisbez, the matriarch of our clan." the lizard turns and point at the other lizards. "This are Zoss, Nasur, Assira, Kassir, Asimoz, Narrs, Sussura and Sissra. We will accompany you to the shrine and show you the path."
The group leaves, led by Hisbez.
Grace kills the time by asking her a few questions.
"So you have made a haven here? We are from above the waterfall and we've never heard of this undead plague before. What is it? And can we do anything to help?"
"The monks gather survivors around the monastery at the shrine of Pelor, who survived the plague. We only happen to live close by, like the fey and ent folks. But many humans and other larger races fled to the shrine, and so yes, it became kind of a haven.
They got not real cure yet. They can stop it, but not reverse it. But they are very eager to get rid of the source and find a cure. Something from Westengaard - if you know that town - is supposed to be the source. They can tell you more."

<Who are these things, Wolf-Brother?> Walks mentally asks the wolf as he follows.
<Lizard folk. But very tiny ones. Wolves don't hunt them cause they live in trees and are too smart.>

Wants keeps following the rat men, trying to clear a path trough the thorns with his sword and keeping his eyes open for any other threat.
"So why are you at war...or better with whom? "
"We are always at war death bringers! This is a grave war, no fun war."

Flies will run to the tree as Bones commanded and defend Cowers and the hunters from any incoming enemies while they climb up the tree.
"Why does this keep happening?!" Cowers says to herself as she runs full-out for the tree behind the storage shed. She quickly scrambles up the tree, clambering up onto the archer platform.
Coats charges into the fray yelling out a war cry and starts striking out at a rat with his sword. Moving quickly, Punches spins around and brings his axe down on the final rat's head. With Tumbler behind the rat, it does not stand a chance and is killed instantly. The rats are dead.

On the platform, Cowers looks down at the battlefield and scans for the attackers. There is much chaos around, goblins, rats elves, many hurt and some dead. Two burning huts and a cloud of colors, slowly fading away. All rats seem to be dead since the goblins there seem to calm down. She can see the vulture in the distance, to far to take a shot.

Bones is running to the dead human, and makes sure he is really dead.
Appears does the same with the druid.
Friendly and Arrow take a look at the recruit, but they only can confirm that he is dead. The other two hunters are guarding the elven ranger, not sure if they should kill him or not.
"Do you want this one to stay alive, chief?"
Punches jumps over the dead rats, and takes care of Wet. He finds out that the healing salve is to try, but even without it the bandage still does the job thanks to his first aid training. He is able to stabilize her.
Age is not as lucky with One. Plays is hugging his dead friend and moans desperatly.
"I am sorry I could not help him. The sword went right through him. The wound was to grave."
Age says and puts her hand on Plays shoulder. He does not answer and continues to sob and moan.

While Flies is guarding the archer tree, Nauhir comes running towards her. A few meters in front of her, he does stop and look around. Maybe he did expect Walks to come back, too?

"OK, it seems the fight is over!" Appears announces. "Take care of the wounded first, then loot the-"
Then Plays notices Norma, who wanted to help. He looks at her with anger burning in his eyes.
"ANOTHER ONE!" Plays shouts and pulls his knife, pointing it at Norma and jumping up.
"WAIT, STOP!" Poor yells and jumps in the way, while Norma backs up a few steps.
"She is here on Bones order to help us. She is a medic and already helped Cowers and Coats."
"THEY KILLED ONE!" Plays answers, drops of spit flying with his yelled words.
"Plays!" chief Appears shouts, with a rather understanding and calming than commanding voice. "Put your sword down." he turns to Bones "Why did your group bring this human along?"
"She is a healer and ally, will explain the rest later."
"I trust your judgment. Let her do her job then."
"But-" Plays starts
"Plays, other goblins still have a chance. Let her help. That is an order!"
Plays keeps looking angry for a second, then he puts his sword away.
Norma looks unsecure, but starts to help. Poor stays with her. You cannot tell if he thinks she needs a bodyguard or somebody watching her. Norma takes a look at Rod, but shakes her head.
Bones waves at Cowers and the hunter, signalizing them to come down.

Battle:
The battle is over.
Punches is back on 2/6 hp.
Wants is back on 5/7 hp.

Spells:
Walks:
Level 0
Create Water (Create a few liters of pure water)
Know Direction (Determine north)
Mending (Smaller repairs on items)
Level 1
Entangle (command some Tendrils to entangle enemies at a specific spot. Tendrils have to be around)

@Burns: Changed it a little bit so it rhymes and fits to the flow of
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwZglqQp ... re=related
Hope you don't mind. Strange goes Eminem.
@all: I also updated the world map. Make sure your browser has enough height and width so it is arranged correctly.
http://xenom.de/nerregatt/games/cotg/worldmap.html

Warcamp map link:

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 134

Turn 134
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Upon scanning the battlefield and seeing no targets, Cowers unloads her crossbow and scrambles down the tree.

"Well, you guys certainly took your sweet time. Find anything interesting over there?"
" more humans...." Grunts Coats says warily looking around. " Whats with the rats?"
"Magic."
"Speaking of which, where'd that mage go? Teleport, again?"
"Coward....."
Punches moves up to the veteran as he talks, since he wants to apply another bandage to his wounds to stabilise him. But Norma has the same target and quickly picks the bandage out of his hands. "Give me some space." she orders Punches around. Fast and with much routine she applies the bandage to one of his wounds.
"Sorry, but often speed is as important than doing the right thing." she says while she gets another bandage out of her pocket and takes care of another wound. Punches learns a few tricks by watching her.

"Extinguish that fire! I already gave that order minutes ago." Age yells many goblins start to run to the storage. Thumbs, two recruits, two hunters and Cowers, who darts past Punches and Coats into the storage first of them all. They grab the water bags and the metal buckets, then run for the lake to fill them with water.
Stabs and the two gardeners are running at the hut and trying to smack out the fire with branches of a bush they fetched from a nearby bush and wet in the lake.

Strange tries to orient himself and grabs what the druid has on him. Which is nothing, since he was in cat shape and only got his fur and claws.
"...Everything done? Nevermore? Where...is the rest?"
Strange looks at Quention and says "Fire nearby, get-", before he finds him lying on the ground, covered in blood and maybe dead. One wing looks broken and points away from his body in an awkward angle. Feather are lying on the ground.

"Punches?" Appears says. "You did well in the fight, but you should keep in mind that our greatest strength is fighting together in greater numbers. Your guts nearly cost you your life! Look for others and group up, like I did with him. Now help me carry him over to Age's hut."
Appears points at the veteran. Norma is done patching him together and hurries to the recruit northwest of her.

Meanwhile Age commands Tumbler and the hunter to bring Wet into her hut, and Coats and Bones to do the same with Rod. Then she runs over to Cloud and takes a look at her. Then she commands the Recruit beside her to help her carry Cloud into the shallow water of the lake.
"It is still warm around this time of the year, maybe it will help at raising her temperature."

Flies looks at Nauhir "I am sorry Walks has not returned yet. I shall ask the chief about sending someone to look for them. In the meantime you are free to stay with me until he returns."
Seeing that the enemies have been defeated Flies returns to the boat and retrieves her egg and equippment. Then she walks over to the chief, who is busy carrying a wounded goblin to Age's hut. When he notices Flies and understands that she wants to talk to him, he says "Yes?"
"Sorry chief it was my idea to bring Norma back with us, she was attacked by the other humans and she needed our help."
"Well, so far I don't mind." he says looking down at the veteran Norma took care of and which they are carrying.
"We will have to so if we can trust her."

Wants remains pretty silent and follows the Jermlain, getting ready for the battle with whomever it might be. Finally, he is able to leave the thornbushes. The terrain changes to a dense and dark pine forest on a very steep slope. He slides down a few steps from time from time, but is able not to fall down the whole flank of the mountain.

Carl tries to reattach Faith limbs.
"Greetings Hisbez. I am Grace of Maglubiyet, and us goblins are part of the 'Clan of the Golden Curse'. We come from above the waterfall, but we fell down. I've never been this far from home... "
Before Hizbez can answer, WalksBriskly suddenly gets the urge to cast a spell in the direction of his camp, which he does, casting Create Water. Well, it works. But not as far as he hopes. Instead, a splash of water hits Bear, Carl and one lizard. While the lizards look rather surprised, Bear and Carl look a little bit angry.
"Thank you for water." the lizards says, which suddenly causes Carl to burst into laughter. Faith joins in, despite of her being so detached at the moment.
Tinkers watches Walks casting Create Water. "Hmm...are you alright Walks? Did that fairy cast some sort of befuddlement spell on you?"

"Whoah! What was that? Umm...Anyway, are you lizard guys and the fey helping them or are you just smashing any undead and undead sypathizers?"
"We are not helping them, we are part of the resistance against the undead plague they
brought into being. You being from so far away explains why we have never met your kind before."
"So you've never met a goblin before? I think I haven't met your kind before either.."
"Most lizard folk are much larger than us. Actually, they are even much larger than you."
The lizard looks at Carl and Faith.
"Can you fix her?" she asks Grace. "That way we will be faster."
Grace turns to Faith. "Are you hurt?" asks. Seems she did not notice the vines unplugging her limbs since she and Tinkers were captures by the vines, too.
"Wait, I can heal you!" Grace is happy to oblige. With Carl holding the limbs into the right position inside their regarding joint, Grace casts healing on them. Like last time, this causes the ripped and dried out sinews to rearrange and reconnect until the bones are properly fixed again. She is able to reattach both legs this turn, so the group can continue walking.
Carl is carrying the arms of his daughter until Grace can cast again. Tinkers walks along with the group, but keeps a wary eye on Walks, and Grace after giving it a bit of thought.

Grace continues to talk to the lizards while they walk.
"So you guys live in the trees? You seem very agile in the canopy!"
"Yes, we live in the trees. Do you and your fellows live in the ground, like the fox and the rabbit? I think that would feel strange. Resting in a tree is like being rocked to sleep by a giant mother's arms. How do you sleep with no movement?" one of the smaller lizards says.
It is not the curious Sissra who spoke up before, but another one who looks similar.

Warcamp map link:

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 135

Turn 135
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"Yes, sir."
Punches helps Appears carry the Veteran to Age's hut. All injured or dead goblins are placed there for now.
Flies shows up and tells Age "I found these at the orc village, a group of humans had them but I can't read them so I do not know what they are. I thought you might want to see them."
"Yes, thanks. But I got no time now. Later, okay?"
Age and Norma take care of the wounded ones, with Poor helping them since he wants to watch over Norma anyway. Norma gives Enno a strange look and asks Age about the human prisoner.
"We cannot trust him, he was part of the human army that just attacked us."
"I was part of that army too!"
"What?"
"I was spared by a member of your tribe. It stopped it's group from killing me after the lay mine, which I was forced to heal."
When she notices the angry look on Ages face, she hurries to add
"I was forced to join that army and heal the wounded ones. It was that, or something worse than death. It is the truth and she believed me."
"She? ....it was Flies, right?"
"How did you guess?"
"Well, most of the other female fighters would have killed you - or were busy running from the battle in one case."
"I am sorry for being part of the army that attacked you, even if it was not willingly."
"Some would not agree, but not every human is our enemy."
"What do you want to do with him?"
"I don't know yet. So far he was only a source of information."
"About the cultists?"
"Shhhh! Don't tell her. If I got nothing left to tell her, they might kill me. You got your healing skills to be of use, but I can only read, write and draw. Thats all!" Enno complains.
Age looks amused by this and walks over to her desk.
She grabs the scrolls, the map and contracts and puts them in front of Enno, but not before telling Poor "Stay ready to kill him if he tries to cast anything from those scrolls." then she turns to Enno who looks pale all of a sudden. "Just to be clear: I don't want to kill you, but I will if you become a threat. So just check if you can identify them."
Enno nods, with Poor's sword right behind him. Then he starts to read.

Strange also brings Quention to the healers. "Can he has heals?"
"Sure." Age says and puts some healing salve on the duck and binds his broken wing to a stick.
"We lost One and Rod today, and the recruit does not look good either. I fear he won't make it through this night. So there is no reason to lose anybody else, even if he is only a duck."

Cowers runs to the lake and fills her bucket. The group got three buckets and two water skins. The barrel would have been to large to use it to fight the fire, but some just grabbed one of the many larger bowls.
Since running back and forth does not work since the would only run into each other, Coats organizes them to form two lines very quickly. Meanwhile Punches runs over to the storage hut. He finds nothing to carry water, since everything has been already taken. So he grabs two more bandages and runs towards the boathouse, where he finds the other goblins forming a line, which he joins.
At first, Cowers throws the water on the flaming parts of the burning hut, but then Coats takes over the first spot in the line since he is larger and can spread it over the fire more effectively.
They keep working until the fire is out. They did not save the roof of the house, and most of the things on the inside are burned, but they saved most of the planks and all of the beams. A new roof and little grinding with a rasp or sand, and it will be fine again.

The goblins start to clean up the camp. Items are cleaned, and repaired - if possible - and brought back into the storage. Or thrown in the chest, if they seemed valuable. But some items have been destroyed. The adventurers are being looted and then carried into the woods, by those who just carried the injured and dead, to the mass grave were the small army which attacked the camp already is buried. Except for the druid, since some people are unsure what to do with him. Skin him? Wait if he maybe will return to his elf form so he can be looted too?

During the aftermath, Appears and Age give some orders:

"Thumbs, grab some people and repair the hut of Poor and Coats, then build some more for the new recruits. We may have lost some people, but we still need more room. After that, start building a stockade around the camp, especially towards the north west. If necessary, cut down some trees." Thumbs moves some tools over to the damaged hut and asks people to join him.

"We are running low on bandages and herbs, Wet. Can you send some people to find herbs? We need dry and living herbs as well, since we still have not plant any into the fine new herb bed Appears build." Wet leaves her hut and is looking for people to help her.

Appears also gives the order to Bones "Collect and check the loot. Sort it out, maybe there are some more items for the treasure chest or to improve our equipment. Also, people should put spare items they don't need back into the storage. I didn't find half of the tools when I went looking for them last time. And if strange items appear, ask Age, she will try to identify them." Bones helps collect the loot and then enters the storage.

Wants follows the gang. The Jermlaine are loud and joking around, some even fighting each other in a friendly and competitive way. But when the forest gets lighter and lighter, they fall silent. Then the forest ends, and the group sneaks through the bushes. Well, except Wants, who is still carrying his sack around.
"Put it down until after the battle!" Cunning Pete whispers. "You will make them notice us."

Tinkers turns to the lizard that spoke and says "Hmm...we live on the ground, not in it. We construct huts for safety from the elements and as storage for our possessions. We would be too exposed sleeping in a tree."
"You get used to it. Sleeping in a tree sounds wonderful and free. But I prefer my bed in my hut. It's always warm and cozy, and you can't fall down."
The lizard named Sussura laughs, a clicking sound. "You live in boxes! Like the humans. I understand now. Funny box people. You are dry and warm but you miss so much."
The other lizard join in and laugh too.
The group continues to walk. A little bit later, they reach the top of the hill ridge they have been following. It is the highest point around, and consists of rocks. You could also call it a small mountain. Not much trees are growing there. An old ruin is visible in a horizontal rift high above the ground, which has an enormous height and width. Looks like an abandoned city. Slim stairs are visible at the wall below it on.
The group rests in front of the wall.
Grace turns to Faith. "And the arms.." Grace casts 'Weak cure light wounds' to reattach Faith's arms. Again, Carl helps and soon the arms are repaired.
"Walks, how about you make some water for us to drink? I'm thirsty. And hungry.." She forms her hands in the shape of a bowl and turns them towards Walks with a gesture.
"Uhmm...Right..." WalksBriskly says, trying to remember how he'd cast the spell the previous time. He succeeds, however, his aim is off and he makes a large sphere of water appear a foot above Grace's head and comes crashing down. Grace is soaken wet with chilly water instantly, while Sissra, Sussura and another lizard are swept away a few steps. "Ohh, Sonuvacrap...Sorry."
"Haha, Sussra was wrong, you are not dry and warm. But she was right about you miss so much." the small lizard laughs.

Battle:
Punches is back on 3/6 hp now.
Wants is back on 6/7 hp now.
Faith is completely healed.

Items:
Punches:
- 2 bandages
Moved from Flies to the teller:
- 2 unidentified scrolls
- 2 contracts about Rick and Hayan being employed in the army the order of revenants send.
Moved from Flies into the storage:
- 1 small golden statue (100 g)
- 2 bedroll (? g)
- 1 rags of a backpack (0 g)
- 1 set of human clothes (medium) (? g)
- 2 set of leather armor (medium, +2 DEF) (20 g)
- 1 short sword (medium, +2 ATK) (10 g)
- 1 long sword (small, +2 ATK) (20 g)
- 1 leather cap (small and medium, +1 DEF) (? g)
- 1 leather hat (small and medium, +0 DEF) (? g)
- 1 long leather coat (medium, +1 DEF) (? g)
- 2 long capes (medium) (? g)
- 1 pair of spare socks (small and medium) (? g)
Moved from Flies to Norma:
- 1 set of human clothes (medium) (? g)
Lost or destroyed during the battle and replaced by an item out of the storage:
- 2 knife (20 g)
- 1 long sword (small, +2 ATK) (20 g)
- 2 set of leather clothes (small, +1 DEF) (10 g)
- 3 bandages (? g)
- 4 arrows (2 g)

@All: You can choose and group to go on a mission or help to improve the camp. Thats what the "Appears' and Age's orders" section was for.
@All: Sort out your equipment like Flies just did, which means join Bones this turn, if you want. This was rather a call to put away items you don't need or improve your equipment with items inside the storage.
@All: I hope I did not miss something, there was very much to do this turn.

World map link:

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 136

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:07 am

Turn 136
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"...but....who's going to....I need to..." Strange looks around for a healing potion, but finds none since all have been used up during the fight with the army before he even arrived. He goes out to the fishing area and puts the planks in the water with rocks, most of them in the centre.
Meanwhile, the recruit on the bed inside Age's hut is suddenly starts to twitch for a few seconds, then he collapses and does not move anymore.
"Damn, we lost another one!" Age hisses. "That increases our loss to three."
"Maybe not." Enno says to her surprise.
"What?"
"This is an ressurection scroll. I can bring him back."
Age looks very happy about it, and is out of words. Then she looks sad again, but not as much as before.
"It is not upon me to decide that. Three goblins died today, and every one of them got the right to live. Maglubiyet will have to decide it."
"That sounds fair." Poor says.
Age walks over to a bag, and retrieves one piece of gold.
"I will throw a piece of gold for each of them. If two get the same symbol, they will remain dead, the one with the other side will life. If all get the same side, it will be a sign from Maglubiyet that we should not use the scroll now and keep it for somebody else."
(Take a look at Anti-confusion-information for this!)

Quickly glancing over the loot that Flies brought back, Punches notices the leather cap. Snatching it up and placing it onto his head, he then goes to help Thumbs with the reconstruction effort.
Cowers deposits her bucket in the storage, where she meets Punches who is on his way to Thumbs. Bones is also there, and muttering.
"Well, at least two are helping me to get some order in this mess."
She then gathers the stuff she was storing at her home and redeposits it in the storage. Then she takes a few minutes to sort out her inventory. As she does, she notes the abundance of armor and other clothing too large for a goblin to use. "I wish Tinkers were here." She says sadly. "Some of this stuff would be useful if only it could be sized down and we could wear it."

Coats goes to the chief once the fires are out and asks if he has any dungeons or caves he wants explored.
The chief turns to Coats
"Yes, there are some things to explore. Nobody did explore the mine the hunters spotet yet, and I also would like to know what Divya is doing with her spiders in that cave you already visited. The old orc mine can wait. But you know, we got much to do right now. But on the other hand, a little reconnaissance can't hurt, no, on the contrary, it can be very important later. Just try to stay low and keep the scout group small, ok? We need most people here and already got enough problems and enemies."
"Thank you" Coats nods and leaves, asking the others if anyone is interested in joining him for a small scouting group.

Cowers looks up when Coats starts asking around for volunteers. "M-maybe, but wouldn't it b-be better to wait till morning, so we aren't walking through the w-woods at night? Some of us are injured. Also, there's an adventurer still out there, r-right?"

Since they don't find somebody else, they decide to not depart before the next morning. Cowers uses the time to look for one of the hunters. "H-hi. Um, I w-was wondering; do any of you know h-how to make arrows or q-quarrels? And c-could you teach me, p-please?"
"Well, the beginning is easy. Take an arrow - or a quarrel - then try to find the most sturdy wood you can find and try to carve it like the one you got. You also need some bones, stones or an iron top. This is the hard part. You have to carve it and attack it to the stick tight enough and without misbalancing the arrow. If you get some material, I can show you later. Right now I'm on the way to help thumbs."

Flies walks over to the camp fire and begins digging a small hole near it for her egg.
"Don't worry you'll be nice and warm here." Flies mutters to the egg. When she leaves, she notices Plays sitting on one of the logs, his head in his hands and weeping. Pitying him, she does not say anything to him for now, and continues walking. She volunteers to help Thumbs rebuild the hut.
Thumbs is very happy about so many people wanting to help him. They break away the planks which are two burned, which is most of the floor and some of the wall. The roof is all gone anyway.

Wet does not look that happy, she was only able to persuade one female recruit to help her collect herbs. And above all, Rod just died. They were no couple since he was much older, but she will miss his dirty jokes. He was more like a cool uncle to her.

Wants gets ready to rumble, but yet they don't reach the ones the Jermlaine are at war with. After a while, the Jermlaine shut up all of a sudden and he cannot hear any sound from than at all which is louder than wind playing with leaves.
Then Cunning Pete signalizes him to shut up and orders him to follow. They crouch through a bush into an clearance with a well. Pete points at the five humanoids standing there and then at Wants. Then he makes a cut-throat gesture.
Then he orders Wants to crouch back. When they regroup with the other Jermlaine, most of them are gone - at least Wants cannot spot them.
Pete starts to whisper "We tried to kill them a few times, but they cannot be killed, at least not
by stabbing and cutting. They are poisoning the well. Who drinks from the water becomes dead-but-still-moving. It kills every living being and turns them into those nasty creatures. They threw some of us into the water during the first fight, and the dead-but-still-moving killed some more of us before we found out what was going on. Nasty poison! The barrel is to large for us to handle. We will distract them. Toss it from the wagon and break it. Then help us fight them, maybe you can kill them. Ready to fight?"
If Wants says yes, Pete leads them back to the bushes. The Jermlaine are all hidden now, and Wants feels like he is left behind. But he is sure they are still around.

Sissra and Sussura laugh about being swept away by the water. "Very good fun!" Sussura chirps. She seems not to mind being wet at all, though she holds her arms out as they continue to walk, so that the sun can start to dry and warm her.
"Maybe you should practice a little more first.." Grace twists her shirt to get some of the water out. "Yeah...Sorry." Walks says, thinking of Home and Nauhir. "I really want to get back..."
Grace then looks around from as high as she can get. Which is pretty high with the cave city in the hill flank right above them. She starts climbing the ancient stairs, but they are broken and slippery. She only dares to climb high enough to have a wide view over the trees, and still she gets a slight feeling of vertigo while climbing.
"Hmm...Could you tell us more about the Fey and Ents? I am curious about them." Tinkers says to the lizards while they rest.
"The Ent is one of the ancient fathers. He has been here longer than any other mortal race. He has already been here for long when ancient mortal build what now are the oldest ruins. He and his kin are the shepherds of the forests of this world. The fey ... I think it it bound to the nature of this forest somehow, but I don't know how. They are strange folk, moody and playfull sometimes, but normally they are nice and kindhearted. We share this forest with them as long as we can remember. But before the plague, we never have seen an ent and only very few fey."

Grace reaches a small resting place on the stairway, about twentyfive meters above the ground.
She tries to spot the waterfall, and thereby, home. "If only we could let them know them we're alright... and find out if they are." She can spot a faint spray of white in front of the dark line of the rim where the earth is broken, far in the west. This must be the water spray of the waterfall. Home.
Grace sits down and meditates, trying as hard as she can to get a connection with Age, just to give her the notion that they're alive and well.
Age is just tossing the first coin. It lands, and it shows the head of an ancient king for One. But didn't that face look like Grace for a split second? Age shakes of the vision and tosses another coin. The coin shows a large tree for Rod. Age picks up the third coin, which will determine who will live. It is not the recruit, she already knows, since he will share whatever outcome either with Rod or One.
The coin falls down and she catches it and slams it on the table. Slowly, she lifts her hand. It is another tree. So One is the lucky one who get's to live again.
"Thank you for your guidance, Maglubiyet. This was a hard decision and I am glad you took the burden of my shoulders." Age says and bows.
"And?" Enno asks curiously, which earns him a frown from Norma.
"One will live." Age says.
"Who?" Enno asks, since he does not know which goblin is One.
Age points at him.
"I will read now, just don't kill me, ok?" Enno says to Poor.
"Don't be such a wimp and already start to read." Poor answers with a sigh.
And Enno starts to read.
Poor looks at the length of the scroll and understands that this will take some longer than an ordinary healing spell.

Battle:
Strange is back on 3/5 hp and bandaged now.

Items:
Punches:
- 1 leather cap (small and medium, +1 DEF)
Cowers:
- 1 Nina's Longbow w/ 15 Arrows (+3RTK 75%MissChance)
- 1 Longsword (Small, +2ATK)
From Cowers into the storage:
- 1 light crossbow
- 5 crossbow bolts
- 2x Liquid Darkness Phials
- Flint & Steel
- Lousy Sword (From Hut)
- Handheld Grindstone (From Hut)
- Bottle of Oil (From Hut)
- Leather Rag (From Hut)

@All: You ALL get to vote for who will live. For some strange incident Maglubiyet will come to the same conclusion than you will. The dead goblins are:

- One, the one armed goblin. He is a fisherman. He is a good and brave fighter. Reviving him will also regrow his arm.
- Rod, the red goblin who is a fisherman, too. He is an average fighter, but a very good fisherman.
- The black recruit, who's name and abilities you did not learn yet. Is he worth reviving? You don't know.

You got four options:
A) One lives
B) Rod lives
C) The recruit lives
D) nobody lives, the clan will save the scroll for later.

@Dusk+Burns: The dwarven bread has been split equally between both of you, two for each goblin. There was a little confusion about it since I am not updating the first post of the threat every turn. Originally it was only 3 breads but I am generous.
@All: N4 (old orc mine) and C7 (old mine a hunter spotted) are unexplored, F5 (Divya spider cave) is not totally explored yet. You got those three options, but keep in mind the chief told you that the orc mine can wait.

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 137

Turn 137
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Cowers thanks the hunter, then runs back to the storage hut, nabbing one of the quarrels she just set down along with a few arrowheads from the box of arrowheads. But since they are pointy and only would hurt her or damage her pocket, she decides to pick up the whole box. She then looks around camp for suitable material for making quarrel shafts, paying close attention to any particularly sturdy branches or other such objects that might work. She checks some of the bushes, and finally finds some young trees which provide straight and sturdy wood. She starts to cut them down with her knife first, but then she draws her long sword and finds out it is much easier that way. Since they are thin and full of sap there is no risk of damaging the sword that way. After a while she got a stack of sturdy and straight sticks.
Stange goes back to the healing hut. How to put this nicely? They lost a goblin because of him...all of his fault. At least that is what he thinks. But unlike Wants, he only had a bad timing and happened to be there when the goblin died. But he does not know.
If he didn't ask for heals that goblin would be alive.
"uhhhh I am going to the place of acracnids. Soon! Now not. I need some - uhhh - do you need... Wait that may end badly - mmm"
"Make up your mind and lower your voice." Age says, gesturing at Enno busy reading.
"Yes. It's just...gahh! I need help."
"We are out of healing potion, and you are already bandaged as best as we could. Just rest a night, that should be enough. I suggest not going on another raid right now."
Enno raises his voice, maybe to show them they are disturbing him while reading.
"Shh!" Poor hisses and puts a finger on his mouth, while he winks at them.
"Maybe you should continue to work with the wood you were carrying earlier, and use this night to rest." Age whispers.
Suddenly, One's body starts to glow in a warm and bright light, like the sun itself, but without hurting the eyes. Norma and Strange have to step back, when a serpent of light shots out of the stump of One's arm. It's end splits up into four smaller serpents, and then the light fades. One got a new arm and after a few more seconds, his breast raises and lowers when he starts to breath again. He opens his eyes, looking very confused and tired for now, but Age calms him. "Rest for now, my dear. We will explain it tomorrow. Everything is fine now."
One looks at her, and his gaze is full of peace and happiness. Then he closes his eyes and falls asleep.
"Poor? Find Plays and tell him about what just happened. I am sure he will be more than happy to hear about it. But don't let him in, One needs to rest."
Then she turns toward the prisoner.
"Good job Enno. If you continue that way you might gain a status like Norma."
Enno looks very relieved about that, since he feared to be killed the instant he showed he got nothing else of worth to give to the goblins anymore.
Wet and a recruit enter.
"Age, we are only two. Can you help us collect herbs?"
"I am busy, but if Norma wants she could accompany you?" Age answers, with the end of the answer sounding like a question towards Norma. Norma nods and starts to look for equipment.
"Black..." the female recruit says and tears start to run down her cheek while she gently puts a hand on his head.
"We could not save him, I am sorry." Age says with a sad face.
Age hands Norma a basket and they leave towards the north to collect herbs.

Seeing that no one really wants to go explore, Coats helps with the rebuilding effort using his greater strength to good purpose. Punches and Flies join him, although Flies thoughts keep wandering to Plays and his fallen friend. She mutters a quick prayer to Maglubiyet that he will look after her fallen comrades, not knowing Maglubiyet already did that.

With Coats lifting up Thumbs and Punches lifting up Flies they are able to install new roof beams very fast. After not even an hour Thumbs is already sitting on the beams and tying new
sticks and reed to them. He sends Flies of to cut down more bushes like she did when they build huts the last time, while he orders Coats to replace the burned planks of the wall and floor with new ones. Punches gets the order to craft two new bedframes.

Tinkers looks up at the ruins, and asks the lizards "Hmm...Speaking of oldest ruins, do you know what these ones used to be? And why they seem to no longer be inhabited?"
The little lizards look like they want to tell the story, but Hizbez lifts a finger, which causes them to shut up before they even started.
"Let Asimoz tell the story."
"What?" The old male looks up from the fire, seems he did not pay much attention.
"Tell the story of the ruins."
"Which one?"
Hizbez only points up as answers.
"Ah, ok. Obvious."
He pauses for a second.
"The original trolls were one of the the oldest mortal races. At first they lived on the planes and in the forests, but then they started to develop many different sub races. Some preferred to live in caves, some mountains, others rivers. Some grew larger, some smaller. Some smarter, some more dumb. Some lost the little natural magic they were cable of, other learned how to control it. They were the forefathers of the elves, the orcs, the ogres and some giant races like the hill giants. Some even say the goblinoids and other races also descended from them. Well, one of the sub races were the high trolls, which later became the elves. They were maybe the first mortal beings who started to build cities and develop a language and scripture. It is said that those ruins are one their cities, which means they are older than the first orc and elf. Many adventurers tried to find treasure in there, but the old trolls were good trap builders and architects. Maybe that's why the ruins last so long. And the stairs are slippery and narrow. Many did die before they even made it up there."
He looks at Tinkers
"I hope you don't want to climb up there?"
Well, another goblin already did.
"...home" Grace sighs, looking longingly towards the horizon. What are they even doing here? How long should they follow Carl and Faith? While she and Carl doesn't always get along that well, she's come to like Faith.. And what is this place? She examines the ledge she's on for any clues, then takes another look on the view. This time, not towards home, but towards the ruins. She's never seen such a huge building before.
"Grace, I think we should keep moving..." Walks calls up to her. When she is still about six metes away from the ground, Grace slips and falls down. Walks tries to catch her, but he is standing on a slippery slope of gravel and stone chippings. He is able to turn her so she falls feet first, but then they skid and roll down the slope together, both taking one damage.
Couching, they stand up in a cloud of dust and shake even more dust of their clothes.
After they made sure they did not hurt themselves seriously, Walks asks
"Any success?"
"I saw the waterfall, but it's very far away. And I'm not sure if Age got my message."
"You alright?" a small lizzard out of a group of three asks them, who came running when they noticed the dust trail on the slope.
They are not sure but they think it is Narrs, Sussura and Sissra.

Without the jermlaine around, Wants decides to make a run for the barrel, despite of the five humanoids in robes and hoods around. Since he lost his shield while the two humans caught him, he only got his sword and knife to defend himself. He is fast and surprises the first two humanoids, sending them falling to both sides of him when he drives against them while running, but then they humanoids notice him before he can reach the wagon. Two step in his way, while one stays with the wagon. He kicks down one of them, but another one tries to grapple him. But then he stumbles and falls. "The goblin is not alone, the small pests are with him!" another humanoid yells. Wants now notices two jermlaine running from the humanoid who just stumbled. Seems they cut into his knee from behind. But the wound in his greyish flesh already closes and he starts to stand up, right when a third one reaches Wants.
"RUN!" Wants can hear Pete yell and ducks below his grasping hands and dashes through the humanoids legs, despite of him wearing a robe, right towards the wagon. He now understands that the jermlaine can only engage and distract the humanoids so long. An opponent with such a strong regeneration power is hard to kill. One stands up but collapses over again , with about five jermlaine on him. Wants looks back and sees one of the humanoids on the ground being swarmed by at least eight jermlaine swinging and stabbing their tiny swords at him. He grabs one and bites it's head of, which causes the others to scream and fight even more spirited. But two humanoids are running after Wants, while another one is still right in front of the wagon.
Suddenly, Pete drops on Wants shoulder and holds tight to his ear so he does not fall down.
"We can't kill them. Hurry!"
Wants notices he got a good overview over the battle and his options, possible tactics and his opponents strength and abilities. He learned a lot during the battles he fought so far. Just as if Wants has gained the chance to become a fighter!
He got two foes behind himself, running at him. One in front of him, waiting for his actions. Two temporary down thanks to the jermlaine.

Battle:
Punches is back on 4/6 hp now.
Strange is back on 4/5 hp now.
Wants hp rises to 7/8 first, then drops to.

Items:
Cowers:
- 1 box of arrowheads
- 1 crossbow quarrel
- 1 stack of sturdy and straight sticks

Traits:
Wants
fighter to be (you can get fighter levels now. +1 HP.)
Please choose: Defensive style, mixed or offensive style.

@all: The vote was 3 for One and no vote for the other options. So he lives.

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 138

Turn 138
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Age sighs and starts the sad work of preparing the corpses of Rod and Black for the burial. Then her head spins around at Enno and an idea bursts out of her.
"Can you copy those scrolls? I know most of them lose their magic when you use and read them and that you need magic to create them, but if there is even the slightest of all chances, I would give it a try."
"Are you asking the chief storekeeper and logistician of the first company of the seventh battalion if he can write?" Enno asks theatrically, like if Age did hurt his pride.
"If you would be so kind and hand me my bag? It is out of my reach." Enno says, pulling on the chains binding him.
Age picks it up and looks inside. It is full of paper, parchment, small ink vials an a pencil case filled with penholders. Some of them even got expensive metal tips, and are not using feathers. She hands it to Enno and returns to her work.
Outside she hears a cheerful cry and then some friendly arguing
"No, you can't go in there."
"But..."
"Age's order. He is asleep anyway."
"I know you are glad he is back to life. But he needs rest now. You will have enough time to spend with him later."
"Okay, okay, you are right."
She hears someone whistle, and is sure it is Plays.
Poor enters and continues to keep an eye on Enno.

Meanwhile, Strange follows Norma, Wet and the recruit.
"Suddenly everybody wants to join me." Wet says "Where have you been when I was looking for people helping me earlier?".
She looks like she would normally laugh now, but it seems the shock about the loss of Rod is depressing her too much.
"What do these leaves of remedies look like?" Strange goes to try to help.
She explains it like http://naturmedizin.lauftext.de/img/spitzwegerich.jpg (I am not good in describing plants in english).

Flies does as she is asked and begins cutting down the bushes at the north end of the camp, being careful not to disturb any nests. Since it is already the beginning of autumn, she does only find abandoned nests. This time when her mind wanders, she starts thinking about her egg and she makes a mental note to check on it soon.

Cowers finds a place to sit down and starts carving one of the sticks, trying to get it to look like the quarrel she's using as a reference. She succeeds at this part. But when she attempts to attach an arrow head to it, she is unsure how to do it. Despite of having an example, she is not sure about the technique and if she got the right material to bind it to the quarrel. Maybe if she disassembles the one she got as an example? Or should she ask the hunter again?
She notices Flies walking back to the hut, carrying a large load of sticks and twigs.
When she reaches Thumbs, she asks "Anything else you need me to do?"
"Yes, about the same amount again and it will be enough." he says while he pulls the first pack up onto the part of roof he already finished.

Punches is still working on the bed frame as ordered, since it is hard to make the parts fit. Coats is half done replacing the burned planks. He has to make Punches move to replace the rest, because he is in the way.

Wants makes a run for the barrel, but the humanoid is faster. He grabs Wants and pulls him back so he nearly falls. In the last instant, he get's enough balance to only sink down on one knee. In sheer horror he sees an undead face with an open mouth flying at his throat. Well, at least it looks undead, so Wants decide to call them undead or zombies. But Pete jumps from Wants shoulder and into the mouth of the zombie, one tiny sword in each hand. He cuts into the corners of the mouth. The jaw and tongue of the undead dangle down while Pete falls to the ground. Instead of getting bitten Wants only is liked by a nasty and stinking wet tongue.
"You owe me o-." Pete complains, covered in spit, when a large foot kicks him into the little pool around the well.
"Ayyyyyyyyy!" *SPLASH*.
The undead releases Wants and tries to reattach his jaw. Wants uses the time to nearly sever his head with his sword. Green-brownish blood squirts at him. Another zombie reaches Wants, but only scratches his back, dealing one damage, as Wants runs to the wagon head over heels.
Triumphing, he puts a foot on the barrel after he climbed onto the wagon and looks at the zombies. One is raising a spear, ready to throw it, but Wants already kicked the barrel of the wagon. But the grin on his face freezes. The damned barrel does not break, but slowly roll down towards the creek going south from the pool. Two zombies already are on their way to intercept it. Wait, wasn't one of the four zombies ready to throw a spear Wants remembers just in time to duck. Four? wasn' it fiv-.
"Roooaacck...ch...ch."
Behind Wants, a zombie falls down onto the grass, with the spear thrown by the other on sticking in it's throat.
Wants looks at the zombies in front of him. Four of them are in the path between him and the barrel. A few Jermlain try to stop it, but it just rolls over them. They don't look hurt much, but stunned.
A pain in his back tells Wants they are recovering faster than expected. He is able to throw his weight forward, so the spear the zombie used to stab him does not do as much damage as it could. But still, it deals two damage.
Wants lands in front of the wagen, out of the reach of the spear for now. He notices a small depression in the ground right beside the path the barrel will roll along if it continues that way. Maybe he can break it in there?
"Stop it before it reaches the water!" a jermlaine yell and all of them attack the zombies even more ferociously. But the zombies are not as lame as the typical zombies, they are fast and smart and kill at least five jermlaine. But the small fighters are able to cut down three zombies so Wants is only facing one of them right now, who is wielding a longsword now. He keeps in mind that that the one with the spear is right behind the wagon.

"Mostly." Walks answers to the curious lizards. "Took a tumble as Grace came off that height, but we seem to be alright."
"Sorry Walks.. and thanks." Grace cures the minor wounds she caused Walks. "I'd love to see what this place is, but I think we have to get going. Maybe we can come back after we've been to the shrine?"
Tinkers looks back up to the city briefly "Hmm...", before turning back to the group. "Grace is right. We should continue on to the shrine."
"So, what exactly are we doing here? I mean, what is causing all this death and destruction?"
"You will learn at the shrine." a young lizard says.
It is getting dark now, and a little bit cold. Typical autumn weather. Good thing the group lit a fire and the forest is protecting them.
<Rest eat and sleep. More walk tomorrow.> Walks heares the voice of the wolf in his head.

Battle:
Wants is down on 4/8 hp.

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 139

Turn 139
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"I-I-I-I w-w-was doing s-s-something-g and I wa-wanted to go el-elsewhere, but it is-is n-not the t-t-time." Strange continues to try to help. "A-And more is-is be-better"
"Yes, it is." Wet says with a sad voice. The group continues to walk north. From time to time Wet - and Norma, who seems to have knowledge about herbs too - find some herbs which the group collects.
"No, don't collect all of them, so they can spread for the next year." Norma says to the recruit who eagerly wanted to collect all herbs of the patch they spotted first.
The continue to collect herbs and move further north.

Punches picks up his tools and materials then moves out of Coats' way, before continuing his work on the bed frames. Coats is glad to see that and nods appreciatively, seeing that Punches constructed a slightly larger bed for him. After an half hour both of them are finished and get two sacks from the storage which they fill with hay.
Meanwhile Flies returned with some more wood for the roof. Tinkers is nearly done.
"Ready to move in again soon, Coats."
"I will be back in a minute. I just want to check on my egg." Flies says and walks back to the fireplace to ensure her egg is warm enough. Well, it definitly is. A goblin started the campfire and is preparing meet for the every evening dinner.
"Oh no!" Flies says and runs to where she put the egg. It is close to the fire, but not too hot to burn her or boil the egg. On the contrary, she feels the pleasant heat of the fire on her skin. This autumn is really getting cold. But the egg! It looks broken. The ground below the eggshell smithereens is wet. What has happened?

Cowers takes her things and looks around for the hunter again to ask him about attaching arrowheads to shafts. She finds him walking into the storage with a shovel. After he put the shovel back, he explains it to her. He tells her what can be used to tie the tip to the shaft. And that she has to split the tip of the shaft so she can put the head in. Then she has to tie the string - or plant fibre - around it multiple times until it is clamped securely.
"The heads have a narrow part so they don't slip out. See, I can even pull hard on it. But if you use fibres or cords of poor quality, it will get lose, rip or widen if it get's wet. That's important. Hope that helped. Any more questions?"

Wants swings his sword at the zombies neck, trying to cut of the head. But the zombie parries. But he does not parry the second hit from Wants, which cuts of the zombies offhand arm and parts of his shoulder. Green-brownish liquid which looks more like mud than blood sprays out of the wound for a few seconds. Two jermlaine grab the arm and pull it away so the zombie cannot reattach it to easily. But he got no time for that anyhow, since he is still fighting Wants.
The reason he did not parry is obvious. He preferred dealing damage to Wants over avoiding damage on himself. He deals a cut on Wants worth one hp. The barrel keeps rolling and is about to pass the depression in the ground in which he could break it safely. But the jermlaine are smarter than expected. The two who dragged the arm away positioned it in the path of the barrel. It stops it successfully. But another zombie shakes of his load of tiny warriors and walks to the barrel. two more jermlaine die, three get thrown into the pond. Wants got no time to take a look behind himself to see what the zombie with the spear is doing. The one with the long sword right in front of him keeps him to busy.

<Farewell, WolfBrother.> WalksBriskly tells the wolf as it leaves into the wood for the night.
Grace follows the lizards to the fire, then says a little prayer to Ol' Mags. She thanks him for giving her courage to face the fey and the ent, and asks him to send a sign to the camp that they are alright. She then makes herself comfortable by the fire, and rests.
Tinkers quietly sits down by the fire and listens to the rest of the group talk. After a bit, he takes out one of his normal knives and tosses it a little bit into the air so it flips and he catches the handle. He nearly cuts himself a few times and has to drop the knife, but he is a quick learner in this discipline.
"So, how much further is it to the shrine?"
"Only a days walk." Hizbez explains. "We should be there by tomorrow eve-"
She is interrupted by the wolf running out of the forest.
Tinkers knife falls to the ground and sticks in it.
<Smoke. Fire. Spilled blood. Hurry after me!> he mindtalks to Walks and howls.
"It looks stressed." Asimoz says alarmed.
"I can sense something is wrong." Hizbez says and quickly climbs a tree, followed by half of the lizards.
The wolf stops in front of Walks, slithering a little bit over the soil.
<Follow. Follow quick!>
Walks feels his stress so intense he shares it. He understands the wolf does not fear for himself, but others. And that it is really urgent.
Then they can smell the smoke.

Battle: Wants is down to 3/8 hp.

Map:
Strange and the herb collectors are now in H5.

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 140

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:08 am

Turn 140
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Cowers responds to the hunter
"No, I think that's it. Except are there any tools you'd recommend to make the process easier? I've been using a knife," Cowers holds up her knife, "But I suspect there's an easier or more efficient way."
"A little saw is better for creating the gap in the quarrel tip, but we got none. So a knife is the best option."
Cowers thanks him, then heads to the fire and starts working on attaching an arrowhead to the shaft, creating a new quarrel. She then proceeds to work on making more quarrels and creates another one.

"So......what now?"
Punches asks Thumbs when the crew is done with Coats' and Bones' new hut. Coats waits for Thumbs answer too.
"We should start to build a rampart made of logs like the chief ordered. We got much wood, but not much logs. We will have to cut down more trees."

"W-what are these here leaves of remedy going to help aid?" Strange asks. "I think they are helpful about wounds not getting infected easily." Norma answers. They continue to collect herbs, but after the current patch is harvested they run out of luck.
"You are the native, where should we go." Norma asks Wet.
"West, but Divya lives there. In the north the forest is to dense and dark, not much herbs grow there."
"Who?"
"The one who commands the spiders. Her lair. So what you think?"
"I am not sure" Norma says, and the recruit also shrugs her shoulders. They look at Strange, waiting for what he is thinking.

"There is trouble further ahead. We must hurry!" Walks says, rushing off after the wolf with his hatchet ready. "Come on!"
Grace and Tinkers jump on their feet and run after Walks. Tinkers picks up his knife first, and runs very silently. He keeps one hand on the hilt of his Black Dagger, but doesn't draw it from its sheath.
Grace is wondering why no place was safe anymore. She heals all remaining wounds while they run. It is not easy but there were no serious wounds left anymore. Half of the lizards is moving through the trees ahead of them at about equal speed, while the younger ones are running right behind them, together with Faith and Carl.
"I can smell smoke!" Carl says, being the last one to notice it except for Faith who got no nose to smell anything.

Wants fights the dead-but-still-living ahead of him, targeting its head and face, trying to cut it off. He manages to deal a nasty cut across its face, but it still keeps fighting.
Wants runs at the zombie ahead of him, kicking him so it falls on his back, but Wants lands on the ground, too. Out of the corners of his eyes Wants notices the one with the spear walked around the cart and is ready to attack. Another zombie is walking towards him from behind, but being slowed down by two jermlaine. The little fighters took many casualties so far, but they don't give up.

Flies looks down at the shattered remains of her egg.
"Oh no! I missed it hatching!" Flies begins looking around in a panic, turning to the goblin at the fire.
"Did you see anything crawling around here? Like a lizard or a bird or anything that would hatch out of an egg?"
"Yes, there was a snake going for the meat, but I shooed it away." he answers, pointing west, towards the storage and the pedal with the poorly locked treasure chest.
While Flies is looking around the fireplace for it.
"Was that a pet of yours?" he asks, but Flies mind is focused on finding the hatchling.
"Here little hatchling. Come on out." Flies repeatedly calls trying to find it.

Battle:
Punches is back on 5/6 hp.
Strange is back on 5/5 hp.

Items:
Cowers:
- 2 makeshift quarrels (-3 ATK on heavy crossbows, -2 on light crossbows used to fire it)

Map:
The waterfall group moves to G12 (N0E1)

Map of Wants at the well:

World map link:

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 141

Turn 141
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Flies realises she was just asked a question and turns to the goblin.
"A snake? I think it's mine my egg just hatched but I missed it. What size was it? Did it look like it had just hatched?"
"Well, it is hard to tell if a snake is wet or not due to their shiny scales. Often they look like metal or wet even when they are dry. But it had some things sticking to it's body, which might have been remains of the egg-inside. It was not large, maybe like my arm but much thinner."
he says and waves around with the arm.
Flies asks him "Can a take a piece of meat so I can lure it out? It must be very hungry."
"Yes, just take a few pieces from the cut off scrap meat. Should be good for a hungry snake."
Flies grabs a few and moves near the chest and tries to draw out the Snake.
Coats walks over to Flies acting strange.
"What happened? Did your egg hatch?"
Coats keeps an eye out for the hatchling.
Suddenly both of them feel very hungry, and Flies has to fight the urge to eat the scrap meat herself. Then both goblins notice a small snake head sticking out from a small gab under the chest pedestal.
Close by, Cowers is sitting and continues practicing her fletching and making new quarrels.

Then Age walks out of her hut, spotting them. She has a huge load of items in her hands.
"Hey! I identified some more items, you want to distribute them among our tribe members? Got two more important task going on with the human we caught. He proves to be very helpful!"
She hands the items over to Flies, Coats or Cowers, whoever offers to do what she asks for.
Then she returns to her hut.

"Alright then, Thumbs, which tree do you think we should start with? Presumably one that won't fall down on anything important. We don't want to end up destroying another hut when we're nearly finished fixing this one, after all...."
"Actually, I am just done with the roof. So it is finished." Thumbs laughes.
"Yes, I suggest we don't cut down the large trees right beside the huts, since we may want to build more archer platforms into them later. The chief said he wanted more protection against the northwest, so we should move over there. Flies cut down many bushes there already, so we should have enough space to chop a tree and work on it afterwads."
"Sounds good."
Letting Thumbs lead the way, Punches follows closely behind, hefting his axe in his hands.
"Heh. I think this might be the first time I've actually used this axe for chopping wood....."
Thumbs joins in the laughter.

Much unlike Wet who is still very sad. But Strange is asking enough to distract her from the sorry feelings about losing Rod.
"Ssssso sssshe jusssst has a few sssspiderssss? Do they attack whatever they ssssee or do they just sssscurry unlesssss you bother them? What issss ssso bad about a few sssspidersss? Are they jussst sssscary? I do not know much about the ssspider persssson asssidesss that sssshe hasss sssspiderss. Can we warn her sssso that her petsss do not harm ussss? The sssspider area wasss the area I wanted to explore before, and I am sssstill interesssted to go in."
"Woah, gimme a second to answer one question after the other..." Wet stops him before he can ask even more question.
Norma chuckles slightly and smiles at the goblins.
"She controls the spider, and I think she even raises them. She is a strange woman. At first she played a little trick on us to test us, but then she helped us out twice without us asking. The second time was just before you arived. Happened during the great battle with the human army. Led a whole army of spiders into our camp, which attacked the humans from behind. Giant spiders.That turned the balance of the fight and we won..." Wet becomes silent suddenly.
"...we won without losing even one goblin. But we had more resurrections scrolls back then. But one was wasted and .. and Rod could still live."
She begins to sob and cry again.

Wants sees the jermlaine fighting like lunatics. Two more seem to die, but the others finally manage to cut down a zombie into so many pieces he seems to remain dead - finally dead.
Wants takes heart out of this and tries to finish off the zombie in front of him, too. He attacks and the zombie moves like he wanted to parry with the arm he is missing. His longsword does not parry, but stab forward at Wants, but only scratching him for one hp. Wants, however, manages to cut of the already beaten up head of the zombie. The two jermlaine who dragged away the arm of the zombie now run for it's head, dragging it away, too.
Wants advances on the barrel and rolls it right in front of the pit, so he could smash one side to make the fluid run into the it.
But then the zombie with the spear finally throws it.
A burning pain rushes through Wants body, as the spear nails his upper leg to the barrel, dealing two damage. While Wants clinches his teeth and suppresses the pain as much as possible, but his body is to beaten up and won't listen to him anymore. It collapses right onto the top of the barrel, and then starts to slide down on the other side. But since his leg is still nailed to the barrel, his weight lets the barrel roll again. Since the riverbank is getting steeper after only a few feet, the barrel gains more speed and drags poor Wants behind.
"Retreat! Get the wounded ones." he hears a jermlaine yell. He knows that voice...but he feels so tired. Until he is woken up by the water.
He and the barrel both are floating in the river now.
"Gargle!" Wants swallows water, but then he feels an soft impact on his back.
He is turned over by two jermlaine. He sees more of them swimming or running after the barrel.
"Protect the barrel. Don't let it crash into a rock!" Cunning Pete yells.
Wants feels the cold water cleaning his body and cooling down some of the pain. Suddenly he feels strong enough to move again and regains one hp.

The youngling lizards are slower than the rest of the group and start to fall behind.
One yells "Hello new friend! You run very fast and are big and strong. I have only little legs and I am not heavy! We can be a team!" and jumps and clings onto Carl, then climbs up to his shoulders and hangs on. Carl slows down while yelling at the goblins
"Go ahead. We will be right behind you!"
Then he looks at the lizard on his shoulder and laughs. Amused, he helps another lizard youngling up.
"Faith?" he says, and his daughter understands. She picks up the other young lizards.
Then they run after the others, only a few feet behind.
"Something is burning!" WalksBriskly says, rushing towards it together with Tinkers, Bear and Grace right behind them. The group now notices a pilar of dark, black smoke over the forest through the small openings in the canopy of leaves. But he notices another fire much closer to them. He stops and when he understands what he sees, he instantly casts Create Water at the flame, trying to put it out.
A burned lizard is floating over the ground.
"Uhh....undead! Help...." the lizards murmurs with his last breath.
"Yoriz!" Hizbez yells and jumps down out of a tree together with two more adults. But Grace is faster. She darts forwards and slams her hand on the dying lizard, already glowing with a healing spell.
The little lizard's body floats for a second and follows her hands as she lifts it up again like a yo-yo, but then it sinks to the ground again. The lizard looks much better now.
"No-no-not dead? Th-th-thanks!" it stutters and moves his hands over his body in disbelieve. He looks surprised and shocked. But Hizbez does not care about that and grabs him at his shoulders.
"Undead, where - how many?!" she shouts and looks panicked.
"Our tr-trees."
"Run! They are attacking our home!" Hizbez jumps back onto a tree and the other lizards follow suit.

Battle:
Wants is down to 0/8 hp and then back up to 1/8 again.

Items:
Age identified:
- 1 scroll of enhanced nature control (? g)
- 2 scrolls of sending (long range communication to know being, 25 words. Answer of same length possible within 1 minute) (? g)
- 1 scroll of mass cure minor wounds (+1 HP, 10 feet) (? g)
- 1 ring of +1 HP (? g)
- 1 ring of +1 ATK (? g)
- 1 ring of regeneration (+1 hp every 2 turns) (? g)
- 1 amulet of spell strength +1 MATK (? g)
- 1 amulet of shielding (+1 DEF against magic) (? g)

Map:
The waterfall group moves to H11 (N0E1)

Map of Wants at the well:

World map link:

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 142

Turn 142
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Strange messes with his hair, looking slightly stressed. "Uh uh...if not a ssssssingle person died then how was one wassssted? If only sssomething wasss not wasssted on sssssomething elssse then they would all be alive...."
"It was wasted cause a goblin killed a goblin. We had to spend a scroll on somebody who should have not been dead. That's what I call wasted. But I don't like talking about it, so please..." Wet looks at him with sad eyes.
Strange looks at her blankly for a bit before shaking his head.
"Letsss go to the ssspidersss, the change of ssssenery and sssstuff hopefully can take our mindsss off of thisss for a while..."
The group walks west towards the hive of Norma's spiders.
Wet wants to show them them the entrance the other group who took a look into the hive went in. But shortly before they enter it, the face a surprise. Strange pushes away a branch of a bush, when something moves at him very fast. He dodges it by rolling back. Only then he got enough time to understand what it was. A large bear swung it's claw at him. That was close.
The bear looks angry and stands on it's rear legs.
Wet stands beside Strange, Norma and the recruit are behind them.

Meanwhile, in the warcamp, the goblins split up the items Age gave to them.
Coats eyes the ring of regeneration .
"Can I have the regeneration ring?" Punches asks.
Coats nods and and hands it to him before taking the ring of attack and health and placing them on separate hands.
Flies takes the amulet of spell strength and scroll of enhanced nature .
Cowers walks up to them and takes the Amulet of Shielding "Th-thank you."

Three items remain, which Coats and Cowers take back to Age since they want to ask her something anyway.
They find her sitting over a large map, Enno standing right beside her, with Poor right behind him.
"Yes?"
"W-what kind of tasks did you have in mind?" Cowers asks her after they entered the hut.
"I got nothing in mind for you. How...oh - I was talking about two tasks we-" she points at Enno "-are busy right now. If you want something to do ask Thumbs, Appears, train fighting or join the hunters. Sorry, but this is so interesting." she says, making it clear she wants to continue with it.
"And this is the path the army took to the town on the other side of the lake." they hear Enno talk while they leave.

Punches continues to work with Thumbs, cutting down the tree he picks, while Coats walks over to Flies.

Flies tears a small scrap of the meat off and gently throws in near the snake.
"Come on out little serpent. Do you recognise my voice? I hatched you. I've thought of a name for you aswell, just come on over and eat."
Flies slowly approaches it holding out the meat for it. The little tongue of the snake tastes the air to see what is happening around it. Slowly it comes out a little bit more. Flies sees some colourful goo sticking on it's body. It looks slimy.
Flies slowly reaches out for the snake, dropping the meat in front of it. It snatches it and moves back, so only it's head and the meat are still visible. Flies feels very happy and the urge to swallow the scrap meat is very present again.
If Coats did not appear and talk to her, she might have swallowed one piece. She catches herself with a piece of scrap meat in her hand right before her mouth.
" Soooo....what is that thing..." He asks Flies.

Wants, goes under the barrel so the he is between the barrel and the current, but the angle his foot is nailed to the barrel does not allow it. The wound hurts while he tries to move. But at least he protected the barrel one time, since his shoulder and not the barrel bump into a river rock. He is lucky the current is not fast enough to make it really hurt him.
The jermlaine cheer. Then the barrel hits another rock on the side Wants can't reach and he hear jermaline screem. Seems they are using their own bodies to shield the barrel.
Wants wants to get that damned spear out, but he notices it is to deep into the barrel. If he pulls it out, the barrel would leak whatever is inside.

"Undead! Damnit!" WalksBriskly says, rushing off again. They find another burned lizard, but it is already dead. They hear angry snarls from above when the elder lizards rush through the leave canopy.
"Let me check where they are!" Grace casts detect undead. She spots a lot of them, right where the smoke rises. She tells the group knows the location of the threat so the group can avoid them.
"What? Why avoid them? We have to help!" Bear complains
One of the young lizards sitting on top of Carl points after Hizbez, trying to get the group follow her. "Quick quick! To the trees!"
"It is right, we have to hurry if we want to help and not only burry them!" Carl says with a commanding voice.
Grace tries to get a view of the fires, but the forest is too dense. She finds a spot from where she can see the smoke pillar, but to see the fire they have to get closer or climb the trees, which looks not easy.
But they get close enough to hear yelling, screams and battle noise. Then the forest gets lighter. No, that is not right. The trees are taller, so there is less underbrush. Only twilight remains. They can move faster now, but can see further ahead. After some more running, they finally can see the fire straight ahead. The smoke is covering up most of the scenery, but they spot lizards are running and climbing around, desperately fighting much larger undead which are setting the forest on fire. Burning branches are falling down out of the treetops. The smoke is holding off even more light, so it looks like it is night - lit only by the fires.

Items:
Punches:
1 ring of regeneration (+1 hp every 2 turns)
Coats:
1 ring of +1 HP (? g)
1 ring of +1 ATK (? g)
Flies:
1 amulet of spell strength +1 MATK (? g)
1 scroll of enhanced nature control (? g)
Cowers:
1 amulet of shielding (+1 DEF against magic) (? g)
Back to Age:
2 scrolls of sending (long range communication to know being, 25 words. Answer of same length possible within 1 minute) (? g)
1 scroll of mass cure minor wounds (+1 HP, 10 feet) (? g)

Map:
The waterfall-group moves to I10 (N0E1).
Strange's group moves to F5 (Norma's hive)

Skills
Strange:
basic herbalism training 1 (Ability to distinguish some herbs from other plants. Basic "when should i collect what" knowledge)

Traits
Strange:
evasion 1 (higher chance to evade attacks. Depending on speed, flexibility and attention paid on the attack)
Flies:
animal friendship 1 (lets you befriend with some animals if you do it right. One pet companion)

@Coats & Cowers: Sorry that I confused you. Age never had two tasks for you. The jobs available have been offered right after the fight a few turns earlier.
@All: Stats in the second post - char sheets - updated.

Warcamp map link:
Who is in which Zone:
World map link:

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 143

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:09 am

Turn 143
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Strange looks at the bear. He has to keep it distracted long enough for the others to get away or through....or at least calm it down a bit.
Norma raises her arms so she looks larger.
"Don't run. Don't turn your back on it. Look at it, but not into it's eyes." Norma says in a calm and loud voice.
"I heared curling down helpes." The recruit says hectically.
"Maybe if your as small as a goblin..." Norma replies.
Wet seems unsure what to do and hides behind Norma.
Strange, standing right beside her, prepares to dodge any incoming attack and tries for a calming melody.

"This bear needs its sleep
In a way that is deep
Make way for him to slumber
Go now before you are lumber

Go for the spidey cave
Or for the warcamp rave
If I am not there remember
Get help from a member"

The bear sinks down on all four paws and charges at them, but skids to a stop before it reaches them. Strange was only a split second away from jumping sidewards.
The bear blows out air vociferous and growls. Again, it turns at them. But since nobody runs away and the group stands it's ground, the bear leaves in a huff after it understood nobody wants to attack it and that they are no prey either.
"Wow, that was awesome." the recruit says, looking at Strange and Norma.
"I nearly wet my pants - and no jokes about my name!" Wet says.
"It didn't cross my mind." Norma says and smiles.
"Let's go to the spider cave then." Wet decides.
The walk west, until they reach the entrance to the cave. It is dark and silent inside. In front of the cave there is grassland between the rocks and the forest. Beside some goblin footprints in the dried out mud they find no traces in front of the cave.

In the warcamp:
"I'm not sure it's some sort of serpent but that's all I know so far." Flies informs Coats. Coats goes and intends to find others willing to train their fighting skill together with him.
Cowers heads back to her pile of sticks and continues practicing and working on her fletching.

Flies tears off a larger piece of meat and sets it between her and the snake. Flies tries to make her voice soothing Come on out. Slowly, the snake slithers and picks up the meat. The colorful goo does not fall of the snakes body, but is dragged along while it moves. The snake swallows the meat and then looks at Flies again.
"You must be hungry, we have more food I can take you to it."
Flies holds out the rests of the meat in her hand. She then keeps her arm held out so it can slither up her arm.
The snake slithers towards her, now much faster than before. When it reaches Flies hand with the meat, it opens it's mouth again and bites Flies right into on of her fingers. What is it doing? Flies feels strange and falls to the ground, instantly falling into a dreamlike state. The snake however is lucky, since nobody is around who could notice it and get an idea like killing it would be a good thing after it bit Flies. It sits on Flies hand now and eats the rest of the meat.
In her dream, Flies opens her eyes and stands in the centre of the war camp, only that the whole world is orange-coloured and she is standing about twenty meters above the war camp centre.

Appears and the veteran finished breaking away the burned hut remains and the veteran agrees to train with Coats.
Occasionally Cowers looks up to watch Coats spar a bit. The old fighter got many good tricks, of which many count as dirty fighting. This and his experience gives him a edge over Coats. He does not spare Coats, so Coats receives one damage during the training.
"You are not bad, but even with all that equipment you still need a lot more training." he teases Coats after he gave him another slap on his back with the flat side of his sword.
"You are fighting like you got light leather armor. But yours is much heavier. You can't move as good, but you can take blows much better. Don't ignore that and fight that way." he shouts. He parries Coats sword and pushes it so he can jump to Coats side, now unprotected. He slams his elbow into Coats ribs. It hurts but the armor took most of the blow. Coats feels his bandages are healing him for one hp.

Punches keeps on chop-choppin' the trees with Thumbs crew. They are four goblins now, Thumbs, Punches, Friendly and Tumbler and would be five, if One would not sort out the wood the gained from the disjointed boathouse.
At the moment they are busy cutting away bushes around the large tree Thumbs chose.
"Punches, can you get the rusty one man saw from the storage while we cut down the remaining Bushes? And maybe some rope? Then you can climb up and start cutting of the main branches while we clean the area around the next tree.

Wants breaks the spear shaft off at it's point, but he still cannot get free. An acute pain informs him that the tip made of bone seems to have barbed hooks, so he cannot pull it out of his leg without risking to hurt himself even more. Moving to much would also risk pulling it out of the barrel. It is hard enough for him to keep his head over water, since the small river is running faster now. More rocks are in the water, and he hears a jermlaine scream from time to time when they hit another rock.
But he notices he might be able to carve the spear tip with his knife so it breaks between his leg and the barrel.
Suddenly, he feels slightly better. Where is that healing coming from?
"Hurry, we will reach the white water soon!" Cunning Pete tells Wants, before he is slammed against a rock. The jermlaine looks battered and bruised.
Wants is not sure, but he thinks they lost another jermlaine, since there are only three voices left instead of four.

At the burning treetop village.
Tinkers is hidden somewhere, the others cannot see him but know he is there. In the smoke filled twilight, it is hard to see since their eyes start to water. But there twilight vision gives them an edge above the undead, since they seem to be humans. If becoming an undead does not change their vision, they should only be able to see were there is enough fire.

Grace immediately goes on healing duty. She casts her weak healing spell on a still fighting lizard, while she cast her strong one on a severely wounded lizard between herself and the undead. Seems those little creatures don't have many hit points, since it stands up nearly fully healed. At least it looks that way. It yells and runs away without picking up his weapon when it notices an undead right beside itself.
Hizbez and the other elders are jumping out of the trees now and attack too. They save a little lizard from behind killed and take down one undead, using knife-like swords and magic. At least two of them seem to be casters.
Then a group of four undead walk out of a smoke of cloud and attack them.
"Damnit! Leave them alone!" Walks Shouts, casting entangle in his rage, trying to catch and hold as many undead as he can.
There are not many plants left who are not burning, but his magic finds a few which do their best to snare the undead. Two are pulled down to the ground and take some damage from the vines cutting into their flesh while they try to get lose. But there are more around.
Another hurt lizard youngling runs towards the group, yelling something which seems to be "Help!" in their language.
Walks attacks him, swinging his hatchet in a low chop to his knees. He cuts of one leg and the zombie falls down. But it raises again right away and hits Walks slightly for one damage before he can jump back, until Tinkers shows up for a second behind it and pushes his black dagger right into it's neck. It topples over and seems to remain dead.

Then Faith and Carl and the lizard younglings arrive. Faith seems to be shocked for a moment, since she has not seen such a horrible battlefield yet cause of her age. She slowly puts down the lizards she carried.
"Damn what a mess!" Carl says and coughes. One of the younglings on his shoulder jumps down, while the other one remains there.
Suddenly, it yells "Take that, monster!" and shoots a ray on an undead who is busy setting another tree on fire. Another caster lizard. The zombie's arm freezes and breaks off, when it does not understand what was blocking it's movement and tries to keep moving it. The torch and arm fall to the ground.

"Help them!" Carl shouts at his daugther throught he noise of the battle. He got problems to see anything. He moves, trying to find a spot with less smoke. Faith runs to aid the goblins and knocks the head of a skeleton which was about to attack Grace. She grabs it's upper leg bones and hits the arm of a zombie who caught a lizard. The zombies arm goes limp and the lizard falls down, free again.

The goblins hear one of the lizards yell "The fire! Put out the fire! Stop them!" while more and more burning wood falls down out of the trees.

Battle:
Coats is still on 8/9 hp.
Walks is down on 6/7 hp.
Wants is back on 2/8 hp.

Items:
Cowers:
- 2 makeshift quarrels (-3 ATK on heavy crossbows, -2 on light crossbows used to fire it)

@All: If I get enough time, I maybe will draw and add a picture of the fight with the undead in the treetop village. Else next turn. :)

World map link:

Nerre
Game Master

Turn 144

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:09 am

Turn 144
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Strange makes sure the bear does not run after them to attack. "How recently have you guys been here?" He looks at the goblin prints briefly, then towards the cave.
"You think that is smart?" Wet asks.
"No bear prints." Norma answers.
"But the ground is very dry now..." Wet says.
Strange however, moves into the cave. Inside it is very dark, and he can't see much except a straight tunnel leading further into the cave.

Wants tries to get his foot on the ground, which is all mud and gravel. The water is too deep and the ground does not grant much grip. He slithers along the ground, being dragged along by the barrel as large as himself but much wider and heavier. Stupid spear tip! Then he slips and his upper body falls into the water and he swallows some water. He flails his arms to get back to the surface. After he is able to breath again, he notices he slightly feels better - again.
The barrel bumps into another rock. It sounds like it cannot take much more hits like that. This time, the jermlaine who tried to protect it with his own body loses consciousness and floats along the barrel, head down, not yet out of Wants reach.

Flies looks around her <What happened? Where am I? Whats going on?>
She then looks down at the spot she was standing a second ago. Her etheral body flies down and she spots the snake sitting on her hand and herself lying on the grass. She still feels the urge to eat some of the meat, despite of her out of body experience. But it is not as strong as before.

Leaving his axe on the ground for the moment, Punches follows Thumbs' instructions. Walking over to the storage hut, he grabs the rusty saw and some rope, getting a piece approximately twice the height of the tree, before returning to the chopping area.
Completely focused on his actions, he fails to notice the unconscious Flies.
When he gets back to the chosen tree, he straps the rusty saw to his back so his hands are free, and starts to unwind the rope. He ties one end around his waist, as tightly as possible, and starts looking for a route up the tree.
Since there aren't any low branches within reach, he takes the loose end and tries to throw it up and over the closest thick branch above him. The part of the rope he throws is to light compared to the rest of the rope lying on the ground. So he tries tying a small rock to the end for weight. This makes it easier, and he manages to throw it over a branch about six meters above.
He tries to pulls himself up the tree using the rope, But Thumbs and another goblin offer to help and pull him up. When he reaches the branch, he climbs up and starts to climb normally.
Once he reaches the highest main branches, he unties the length around his waist, loops it over a couple of sturdy branches above him, and ties it back around his waist. Then he grabs for the saw on his back.
He then, finally, starts work, sawing through the largest branches that he isn't using to hold himself up. After a while it snaps and crashess onto the lower branches, causing a havoc of wood splinters and broken twigs, branches and leaves to rain down on the other goblins. They run around the trunk to evade the rain of wood.
"Hey, start with the lowest ones, not the highest!" somebody complains.

Cowers frowns when she sees her quarrels aren't matching up to the higher-quality one she has, and continues practicing, focusing to try to make a better quarrel. She crafts two more which are still not as good as she wants them to be. She frowns again and looks over to Coats.
He shrugs off the pain and changes his fighting style to become more parry based instead of dodging like most goblins would and deliver powerful blows using his great strength to push the veteran back.
He can defend himself now a little bit better against attacks from the side and front, but it is still very hard to protect his back against the agile and fast veteran. He receives a few more hits and bruises worth one hp. But he manages to at least score one kick against the veterans legs which sends them flying, while his torso hits the ground. But he gets up nearly instantly.
With a smiley, he says "Good one..." and swings his sword at Coats again.

Tinkers ducks back into some shadows for a now.
"Faith you are my guardian!" Grace thanks the girl, then she gets an idea. She prays to Maglubiyet for strength, then tries to draw the fire from the trees and the grass and back towards the undead. If the magical affinity from the fey magic works this should prove it. And indeed it does, but much unlike Grace expected. The fire swirls around the trunk of one large tree for a few seconds, then it splashes into a group of several undead like a sphere of water. The tree seems to heal. And Grace can sense where the energy comes from. The water seems to drain the power of the undead and pump it towards the tree. Two of the undead rot and turn into dust in only a few seconds. Then the effect is over, and Grace falls to her knees, feeling very exhausted. The flowers in her hair wither and fall off. She feels like she won't be able to cast anything next turn.
Walks who watched that happen, concentrates on his own power again.
"Uhh...Create Water!" Walks shouts, casting it at the base of one of the fires, trying to put it out. It does put out some of the fire, but only the first meter of the trunk. It requieres much more to put out the fire on the whole trunk.

Close by, Tinkers remerges out of the shadows for another sneak attack on a zombie. He has problems seeing them in the smoke, but then he nearly bumps into one on a spot with slightly less smoke. He cuts boths knees from behind and vanishes again. The zombie is not dead yet, but he cannot walk anymore, only crawl on it's knees.

Walks rushes over to an entangle zombies and tries to hit it. But he fails and only hits one of the vines holding it down. The zombie swings his arm at Walks legs, but misses too.
Faith slams her club at the spine of another undead trapped by Walks entangle spell. He breaks into two parts. The one with the legs does not move, while the one with the head and arms turns to Faith and attacks her.

The lizard fight too, but they are no match to the undead, two of them die. The goblins who see it think it were Narrs and Kassir. Only the casters stand a chance, which seem to be Sissra and a goblin out of the village. They kind of melt a skeleton, while Sussura, the lizard on Carl's shoulder shoots another ray at another zombie with a torch, trying to disable them from setting more fires. She misses the zombie, but causes the location it stands to freeze. It slips on the frozen ground and falls on it's back. But the ice is already melting due to the heat of the fire. Carl now is in a fight himself, nearly causing her to fall down. she clings onto Carl's back but tries to stay out of his way as best as possible so she doesn't hinder him.
Zoss and Asimoz manage to extinguish a fire, while Hizbez, Nasur and Assira fend of a zombie.
Yoriz fights together with bear against a zombie. Right behind him, more undead show up.
You notice - if you did not already - that you cannot see those hidden in the smoke.

Battle:
Coats is down on 8/10 hp.
Wants is back on 3/8 hp.

Items:
Cowers:

Traits:
Coats:
fighter to be (you can get fighter levels now. +1 HP.)
Please choose: Defensive style, mixed or offensive style.

@All: The large and light gray dots are skeletons, the large and brown-gray dots are zombies. The little dots are lizards. Those you know got their names right next to their dot. Everbody is on the ground or close to, nobody is up in the village. The fires mark the burning trees. Those with steam have been extinguished. Smoke hinders sight on undead. Smoke goes away when the fires causing it are extinguished.

Treetop village map link:
http://www.nerregatt.de/games/cotg/N0E1 ... E1_J10.png
World map link: