April 2, 2013: Altsplatnations 4!

Discuss the comic here!
T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: TrexWithTourettes

April 2, 2013: Altsplatnations 4!

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:50 pm

So, does anyone else want to try out a female-dward-beard-coat? If cat pelt isn't your thing?

[mod="SeeAMoose"]Please review the rules about making threads about new updates, they must contain the date in the title.[/mod]
I am high in fructose.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Re: Altsplatnations 4!

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:57 pm

Cats huh. They may be cool and all but nothing outshines the Pegamoose (ask Arch Lich Burns) ;)
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Rorrik
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Rorrik » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:00 pm

I thought it was revealing that reality 51's Kin is also looking for the Jade Teapot. This seems to contradict any theories that the items are items sought after by those from realities, or that the items were left behind, unless there are two jade teapots.

Cat reality seems like hell! Also, Female Dwarf beards are terrifyingly erotic. I feel dirty just looking at her dwarf beard.

kijihir
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by kijihir » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:03 pm

Am I the only one that is vaguely disturbed by the "microscopic, virus-like cats"? The mental picture of thousands of miniature kittens gallavanting through the bloodstream, playing with red blood cells like demented balls of string, is absolutely terrifying, much on par with KinSlayer's attack from the last page. Or is it just me?
....Okay, so it is just me then... :shrug:

MapsGroxily
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by MapsGroxily » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:20 pm

I finally stopped being lazy and re-registered because of the recent epicness of Minmax, and this was the lockbreaker. It seems that even when Minmax is intelligent he's still an idiot lol.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:26 pm

Rorrik wrote:I thought it was revealing that reality 51's Kin is also looking for the Jade Teapot. This seems to contradict any theories that the items are items sought after by those from realities, or that the items were left behind, unless there are two jade teapots.

Cat reality seems like hell! Also, Female Dwarf beards are terrifyingly erotic. I feel dirty just looking at her dwarf beard.
I suppose that with hundreds of assorted MinMax', Forgaths, Kins, and Goblins, there were at least two Jade Teapots - I imagine that the two merged. Actually, I wonder...if you took treasure from everyone, but only gave a fraction back tons of times, but they're the same fraction... the maker of the Maze must be very rich indeed. Each winner is happy because they get treasure, but in reality (heh), the original thief wins out.

Zwums
Of Few Words

Post by Zwums » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:29 pm

It' be really fun to play a character with ailurophobia (fear of cats) in reality 131.

Also, I wonder how far the moroni-Kin got in the maze...

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:34 pm

Cat reality is hilarious! Also, what would such amount of cats possibly feed on? Cats?

boneguard
Of Few Words

Post by boneguard » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:56 pm

Funny. I love the Cat reality...so disturbing.
You can keep your precious reality, I got a kingdom to save from a horde of savage orcs and then go and do this wetjob for Mr. Johnson.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: CelineSSauve

Post by CelineSSauve » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:03 pm

And we come right back around to "See!? Forgath's beard should not have been covering his skin in the previously bald spot when they were looking down at the battle!" The hair's supposed to grow slowly!

As for 131... Well, I hope the guys get to experience the wonder of a feline-less dungeon for a few more go-rounds. :roll:

SpiderDave
Remains Silent

Post by SpiderDave » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:03 pm

This is the second comic I've read in the last week to provide an alternate timeline involving microscopic cats. Coincidence? Or providence?

Free Radical
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Free Radical » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:06 pm

Is reality 131 the Dwarf Fortress reality? I know my forts are always full of stockpiles of cat leather, cat stew and cat bone crossbow bolts...

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:15 pm

CelineSSauve wrote:And we come right back around to "See!? Forgath's beard should not have been covering his skin in the previously bald spot when they were looking down at the battle!" The hair's supposed to grow slowly!
And I will say again: stop seeing things!

DrinksTooMuchCoffee
Indulges in Conversation

Post by DrinksTooMuchCoffee » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:27 pm

kijihir wrote:Am I the only one that is vaguely disturbed by the "microscopic, virus-like cats"? The mental picture of thousands of miniature kittens gallavanting through the bloodstream, playing with red blood cells like demented balls of string, is absolutely terrifying, much on par with KinSlayer's attack from the last page. Or is it just me?
....Okay, so it is just me then... :shrug:
Or how about microscopic cats that live in the follicles of your eyelashes and come out at night to eat, poop, and reproduce on your face before retreating back into the follicles?

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:59 pm

gamecreator wrote:Cat reality is hilarious! Also, what would such amount of cats possibly feed on? Cats?

I suspect Dies Horribly's name in Cat reality is "Kibble" or "Catnip" or somesuch...
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:08 pm

I like the cat reality. It explains why Minmax was running around with cat heads on his armor. He isn't the killer of peoples pets, he's a killer of peoples pests. Really he's performing a public service.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Eatsakitten
Remains Silent
UStream Username: Eatsakitten

Post by Eatsakitten » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:23 pm

Dear Thunt,
Thank you for Reality 131. I wasn't going to re-register for the message board until I was absolutely sure it was permanent this time... but yeah, that was just too awesome. Thank you.

-Eatsakitten

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:30 pm

We're happy to have you here. Well, the dog people are happy to have you here. The cat people might not be so happy. :P

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Rorrik
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Rorrik » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:38 pm

SamWiser wrote:I like the cat reality. It explains why Minmax was running around with cat heads on his armor. He isn't the killer of peoples pets, he's a killer of peoples pests. Really he's performing a public service.
Not even, I bet he just picked them up in a shop. All armor is made of cats. I do like to believe that he casually slaughters the dungeon cats as he goes, though.

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: TrexWithTourettes

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:58 pm

...How many cats would you have to kill to get anywhere as an adventurer? I'd imagine most dungeon treks are painfully boring, leveling up being equally agonizingly slow...
I am high in fructose.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:00 pm

T-RexWithTourettes wrote:...How many cats would you have to kill to get anywhere as an adventurer?
The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:04 pm

Cats! Cats! Cats! bahahaha.

I really like that Forgirl took Kin under her wing. I thought that was a really sweet touch to that reality. Although with Forgirl is travelling with Wizmax is beyond me!
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

kijihir
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by kijihir » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:07 pm

DrinksTooMuchCoffee wrote: Or how about microscopic cats that live in the follicles of your eyelashes and come out at night to eat, poop, and reproduce on your face before retreating back into the follicles?
That is utterly horrifying. :paranoia:
Especially as I am allergic to cats.

DrinksTooMuchCoffee
Indulges in Conversation

Post by DrinksTooMuchCoffee » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:23 pm

kijihir wrote:
DrinksTooMuchCoffee wrote: Or how about microscopic cats that live in the follicles of your eyelashes and come out at night to eat, poop, and reproduce on your face before retreating back into the follicles?
That is utterly horrifying. :paranoia:
Especially as I am allergic to cats.
Ah, lucky for you that the real eyelash mites are arthropods then.

kijihir
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by kijihir » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:41 pm

To be back on topic, has anyone noticed that while Thunt says that female dwarves do not have neck-beards, WizMax appears to? I'd bet his isn't nearly so silky as ForGirl's.
DrinksTooMuchCoffee wrote: Ah, lucky for you that the real eyelash mites are arthropods then.
Certainly, it is. As anyone who's ever looked at a personal item with a microscope will know, here there be MONSTERS. But at least they aren't cats.