Pokemon Amethyst RPG (Update!!!)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Pokemon Amethyst RPG (A New Day)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:02 pm

Carrie freezes in place. Waiting. Okay not waiting but can't move because flinch.

Hobo scratches the creature by jumping up and clawing its face. ac: 15dmg: 39

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:24 pm

"Alright... Great job guys!" He says, giving Rocky some attention in special.

"Let's make sure that doesn't happen again and be a bit more careful next time..." Hugh says, running his hand over some of his more nasty bruises.

"...Callisto?"

She doesn't even need any instructions as she moves over, quickly capturing Hugh and Rocky in a healing blast- Before Hugh gets out a potion of his own, spraying away some of Callisto's nastier wounds... If quite ineffectively.

potion: 2d12+10=18

"...You're really not good at this, are you?"

"...You'll be fine, right?"

"I suppose so..."

"Anyways... We're not quite done searching yet. We're still hoping to find that interesting ghost pokemon as well..."

"Actually, maybe you've seen them before Rocky? Like, blue little golem dudes- About this big. Ever seen them before by chance?"
Hugh says- While trying to look where best to search next...

1d20=10

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:58 pm

Danica Trule

"...I Concede. Unless your Pokemon comes within Melee Range of Karis, she cannot Harm her and she will simply be knocked unconscious in 80 Seconds instead."
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

staron13
Indulges in Conversation

Post by staron13 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:56 pm

"Great work in there Brooke. Ok Lee your turn again." Sal says sending out the gloom once again. "Get him with another mega drain."

Lee doesn't waste a second rushing forward to suck the life from the drilbur, maybe going too far with his attack.

mega drain: 1D20 = [20] = 20
1D12+6+23 = [5]+6+23 = 34

Crit damage: 1D12+6 = [7]+6 = 13
= 47
Hmmmm a signature... I could put some awesome things here

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:09 pm

"Great, we can't work out what it's weak to, then. Going to take a gamble on water/ice, since it leaves in the ocean and had frost coming out of its mouth. Finn, Psybeam!" Ian moves around to Carrie, putting a hand on her shoulder to expend another heal;

Light Healing Power: 26
Psybeam: AC=4, Damage=51
► Show Spoiler
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:46 am

Ian and Carrie

As Carrie recovers from the pain of her bite, Ian gives her a quick healing boost to undo some of the damage. Finn tries firing off a Psybeam at the sea beast, but the attack simply deflects off its tough hide without doing anything. Hobo is more successful, scratching the creature for moderate damage with his claws - but then it wakes up, backs into the water, and angrily blasts Hobo with draconic rage from range, doing 40 damage to the sloth monkey!

Ian (12)
Carrie (12), 87/127Hp

Finn (16), Future Sight [1]
Hobo (14), 26/66Hp
Sea Serpent (10), Injured

Hugh

After giving Callisto some minor healing, and benefiting from her Heal Pulse, Hugh goes back to exploring the dunes. Rocky does seem to recognize the Golett when Hugh describes them, but has no idea which direction they might be hanging around. So they're forced to wander aimlessly for a bit, and hope they get lucky.

Unfortunately though, it seems Lady Luck isn't with him. Instead of the Golett, he ends up stumbling across some Phanphy and Sandshrew, foraging in a patch of craggy rocks surrounded by sand. He supposes that they must be looking for roots or something else to eat, though he's hardly an expert in this stuff.

Mace

Countering the hit, Henry slams a rock into the Dwebble, easily finishing it off. And, after a bit of consideration, Joe decides to switch the Carbiink back in.

Field: Stealth Rocks [4]

Henry (18), 31/74Hp
Arrow (15), KO
Solrock (7), KO
Lunatone (7), [51%], Burned, Recalled
Biggs (7), KO
Dwebble (6), KO
Carbink (5), [81%]
Annie (4), KO

Zyph

Leaping out like a bullet, D'Lune crunches down on the Rock Bug, doing some nice damage and Flinching it.

D'Lune (16)
Wendy (16), KO
Geol (14), KO
Anorith (13), Injured
Omanyte (10), KO
Bellerophon (7), KO
Stunfisk (1), KO

Sam

As Sam sends out Nero, Sally recalls the Drilbur from its burrow, replacing it with....the Cubone?

Drilbur (15), Badly Injured, Recalled
Gligar (15), KO
Nero (14)
Alexander (12), 36/63Hp, Recalled
Moose (11), Recalled
Rex (9), Recalled
Cubone (4), Recalled
Baltoy (4), KO
Golett (4), KO
Kate (1), KO
► Show Spoiler
Sal

Lee tries to drain the Drilbur, but before he can get close, it dives under the ground and burrows far out of range.

Gligar (15), KO
Drilbur (15), Burrowing
Brooke (14), KO
Audree (11), KO
Lee (8)
Trapinch (1), KO
► Show Spoiler
Danica

"...I Concede. Unless your Pokemon comes within Melee Range of Karis, she cannot Harm her and she will simply be knocked unconscious in 80 Seconds instead."
"Oh....you sure?"
"Yeah....sorry about that. I don't normally resort to such cheesy tactics, but....well, you're guys are really strong! I wouldn't have stood a chance in a straight fight."

Exp: 8710xp
► Show Spoiler

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:14 am

Danica Trule

"It is an Entirely Acceptable Tactic. I need to have Karis Taught a reliable Ranged Move and if I had Kept Oogie in reserve, I would have likely succeeded despite it. Thank you for the battle."
Danica says as she give out the money and goes to get her Pokemon Healed.
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:14 am

Carrie throws the pokeball.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:21 am

Sure, I'll keep the shadow ball.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:17 am

"...Let's try and ignore these guys, for now at least. We can ensue the normal plan if they get too frisky..." Hugh says, trying to sneak around- And while he manages to be relatively quiet, he drops his glasses and doesn't have time to clean them.

1d20=1, 1d20=14

staron13
Indulges in Conversation

Post by staron13 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:39 am

Mulling over his choices that he has before him, "Lee, just wait for him to reappear then hit him with that mega drain."

Same roll please.
Hmmmm a signature... I could put some awesome things here

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:15 am

"That's it, D'Lune, keep it up!"

And indeed she does, continuing to chew on the Anorith, although not quite hitting the same painful spots again.

--Bite (AC2): 13 to-hit, 49 damage physical dark

(Huh. I would've thought that hit would knock the Anorith down to Very Injured at least, considering Stealth Rock would've knocked 1/4th of its health off.)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:31 am

► Show Spoiler

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:55 am

Mace will actually switch Shimmy in this time.

"Throw some Poison on it, Shim. Their defenses can't stop that!"

Poisonpowder on Carbink: 1D20 = [14] = 14

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:32 pm

Alright, Finn. Let's hit it hard this time. Go for a Swift. Even as he's talking, Ian fires off an Extrasensory at the beast.

Extrasensory: AC=7, Damage=52
Swift: Damage=36
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:45 pm

Of course carrie waits until after ian attacks.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:51 pm

Ian and Carrie

Focusing his powers, Ian blasts the water monster with psychic energy, doing significant damage. To the point where the creature is barely able to stay upright in the rough waves, and looks ready to dive underwater and escape as soon as it can. Fortunately, before it gets a chance, Carrie overcomes the pain of her injury and tosses a ball through the stormy air......a ball which soon dings with the sound of a successful capture!

As Finn quickly grabs the ball with his telekinesis, before it can drop into the raging ocean, Carrie and Ian's dex's suddenly make a dinging sound of their own. It seems they've finally figured out what it is they were fighting, the information matching up with what Carrie sees on the Pokeball when it floats into her hand.

Carrie has caught a Lv22 Bashful Male Dragon/Ice Gyarados with Steadfast!
► Show Spoiler
Hugh

Opting to ignore the uninteresting ground types, Hugh decides to sneak around and leave them to their foraging. And while he is pretty good at the sneaking, it takes most of his concentration to do so. Which means he's caught completely by surprise when the group of herbivores suddenly start making a commotion and scatter, screeching loudly.

It takes him a couple of seconds to realise what the problem is - a swarm of Trapinch appear to have burst out of the sand and ambushed the other Pokemon. And they look hungry. One (the largest) has a Phanphy trapped in its jaws, while another two are fighting over a Sandshrew. The remaining four are chasing the scattering Phanphy and Sandshrew, and they appear to be gaining......

However, none of them have seen Hugh yet. And probably won't if he decides to just leave without getting involved....

Mace

Shimmy finds himself getting hit in the face by a rock as he comes out, losing 14hp in the process. The Carbink follows this up with a Rock Throw, but thankfully whiffs the attack. At which point Shimmy coats it in some poisonous powder.

Field: Stealth Rocks [3]

Henry (18), 31/74Hp, Recalled
Arrow (15), KO
Solrock (7), KO
Lunatone (7), [51%], Burned, Recalled
Biggs (7), KO
Dwebble (6), KO
Carbink (5), [72%], Poisoned
Annie (4), KO
Shimmy (3), 44/58Hp

Zyph

D'Lune keeps chomping down on the Anorith, doing significant damage and leaving it barely conscious. But then it finally gets in a hit of its own, slashing out with metallic claws and....completely missing.

D'Lune (16)
Wendy (16), KO
Geol (14), KO
Anorith (13), Badly Injured
Omanyte (10), KO
Bellerophon (7), KO
Stunfisk (1), KO

Sam

The Cubone takes moderate damage from Nero's Shadow Ball, as he floats high above. But then Sally grins.

"Alright Charon, you know what to do - Break Through that pesky ghost!"

Pulling out its bone, the Cubone rears back, then tosses the club at Nero like a boomerang. With a sickening crack, it connects with Nero head on, then collides on the way back too, doing a total 68(63) damage! I.e. exactly enough to knock him out.....

Had he not just grown hands, that is.

Nero has evolved into a Haunter!

"Well....crap. Alright Charon, nice try. But there's nothing you can do now."

Recalling the Cubone, Sally replaces it with a Trapinch.

Drilbur (15), Badly Injured, Recalled
Gligar (15), KO
Nero (14), 8/69Hp
Alexander (12), 36/63Hp, Recalled
Moose (11), Recalled
Rex (9), Recalled
Cubone (4), Injured, Recalled
Baltoy (4), KO
Golett (4), KO
Trapinch (1)
Kate (1), KO

Sal

Surging up out of the ground, the mole slams into Lee, doing 54(43) damage with the attack. But then he starts sucking, draining it of practically everything it's got and recovering all the way back up to full! With a sigh, Sally contemplates the plant, then sends out a Baltoy, floating 5m up.

Gligar (15), KO
Drilbur (15), KO
Brooke (14), KO
Audree (11), KO
Lee (8)
Baltoy (4), ^5m
Trapinch (1), KO

Danica

After paying her forfeit, Danica goes and heals her 'mons at the Center. She also double checks the Gym challenge levels, which are totally on the front page of the OOC thread, and always have been :paranoia:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:54 pm

"That is the most awesome thing ever, fuck yea i am going to keep it."

So any different moves abd capababilities I should know? Like...can it fly?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:04 pm

"Great, now try for a Stun Spore next, Shim!"

Stun Spore on Carbink: 1D20 = [7] = 7

Key word being 'try'

Nioca
Floods your Ears

Post by Nioca » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:22 pm

"One more D'Lune, finish it off!" Zyphirim calls. The Absol does not disappoint, jerking her head rapidly as she bites down even harder on the Anorith, shaking it like a ragdoll and causing massive and agonizing-looking cracks to form in the poor creature's shell.

"Now this is more like it." Zyphirim comments, having to physically try to conceal a smirk as D'Lune tears into her prey, single-handedly evening the scorecard back up.

--Bite (AC2): CRITICAL HIT [20]! 61 damage physical dark (41 Base + 20 Crit), Flinch Inflicted, Affirmation Triggered
--Affirmation: D'Lune gains 10 Temporary Hit Points.
► Show Spoiler

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:47 pm

Danica Will Now consider the Gym Levels and decide to try one more battle to get Experience before trying the Gym at the Regular Level. She will look for another fight for $500.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:05 pm

Sam almost laughs as the bone heads toward Nero, expecting it to pass right through him, but his look changes as the bone connects. He is about to recall Nero when he takes a second look, not seeing what he expected. Instead of a ghostly body slowly falling to the floor, Nero looks more angled, and is holding the offending bone in one hand, and rubbing his aching head with the other. With a snarl he throws the bone back at the Cubone who has to jump in the air to catch it.

Yeah! Woo Hoo! Lets try something you have never done before. Shadow Punch. You'll get your rest soon.

Nero's face spreads into a ghostly smile, which is the last thing showing as he slowly dissapears, appearing behind the Trapinch and using those brand new hands to strike the pokemon.

Power=40
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:14 pm

"Hah, that worked out pretty well... Good thing you caught that. If you hadn't, it could well have... Well, met the same fate as those frogs. Anyway, we did well there, but I'd say that's enough fishing. We don't want to drag up anything we can't handle and put the ship in danger. We owe the captain that," despite his words, Ian is still grinning exuberantly, "And you're not in the best condition, anyway. I can only heal your so much, you know, don't want to be worn out if something serious happens."
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:44 pm

"alright....fine. I won't fish any more for now. Instead...." Carrie lets out the gyarados. "okay you are the coolest thing i have ever encountered. You deserve a decent name. Wyrm."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:04 pm

► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters: