The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:47 pm

"Hey there fella - You doing alright?" Ulmwin cautiously approaches, trying to coax the orc out. "Should be safe now."

((Spider, if you can dm me your ip address from the campus, I can check if it might be blocked - There's many ips blocked because of bots, and if yours is a "public" one it's not unthinkable it got hit too.))

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:42 pm

Randy pokes around in the sand pile looking for his arrows and anything of interest.

investigation: 1D20+1 = [3]+1 = 4

He just finds lots of sand.

On impulse he cast Detect Magic .

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:20 pm

Ulmwin follows the 'hurm's and 'hurr's, and finds Renny crouched under a fern, rocking back and forth with his hands over his ears. He startles at Ulmwin's approach when he eventually notices, but gives the little gnome a happy "Hurr, hurr, hurrm.", and peers around him, looking around and apparently no longer distressed at what he sees. Or doesn't see.

As he emerges from the undergrowth, Ulmwin notes that Renny is green. Not the dull greenish cast of an orc, but a vibrant, lime green.

Randy catches residual conjuration and transmutation magic, but just kind of suffused through the sand, and fading quickly. The oasis and the vegetation surrounding it have a similar signature, but more that they are the result of such magics, than inherently magical themselves.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:33 pm

Dornikal calls back up to Szartha,

"Well, Kreldoran can speak with them and ye can so maybe ye should come down? The little guy with the big lance and little dragon is with us."

Dornikal takes a breath and pushes himself up to his feet.

"Aye didn't miss the sand."

He walks so he can get sight of the tribes' camp.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:17 am

Randy looks around. "Quite a spell to make all this. And it most definitely was a spell. I wonder if it will last?"

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:58 am

Seeing thier friends go to the oasis, Zokk follows. They look at the vegitation and chirps ‘hello’ to them. They go to the pool to dip thier roots in it.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:38 am

Szartha calls down. "Yeah, we'll be down, gonna sweep the tower for Renny, make sure he's alright."

Dornikal crosses to the other side of the tower, and sees the approaching party coming from the tents, and they are close enough now to see that they are indeed dragonborn. Some seem to be carrying staves, and two seem to be carrying a chest suspended on two poles.

Kreldoran, still catching his breath, turns to Randy. "I'm not sure, but we might get some time to see if it lasts... those cracks in my tower are gonna take a bit to mend and make sure it isn't going to come apart when I take you east."

Zokk moves through the dense vegetation, the plants pulling aside to allow them through. They seem a bit confused at what they are doing here, but seem happy. The temperature drops a fair bit as Zokk approaches the water, and the humidity rises. Within the shelter of the vegetation ringing the oasis, one could forget they were in a hard desert. The water is cool, refreshing, and fresh.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:18 am

Coljin heads over to Gordon. "So, you can speak Gnomish now, that is good. Has your memory returned? Who is your friend here?" as he looks at the dragon/lizard steed.

(In Gnomish) Edited
Last edited by NotStickFigures on Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:24 am

As long as Coljin is speaking gnomish, Gordon, you understand him perfectly.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:33 am

I think the forum ate my post. Or my own stupidity. Both are good options.

Ulmwin cautiously approaches the noises. "Easy fella, danger should be over. Are you alright?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:34 am

"Hurr, hurr... hurm." Renny shakes his arm, puzzled by it, but when nothing happens he comes over and gently takes Ulmwin by the hand. "Hurm hurr."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:54 am

"There, easy... Sorry it took so long buddy. These have felt like an awfully long couple days. Let's see if you've been keeping up with your common, OK?" he asks, with express intent to try and tutor him for a little bit. He'll keep out for anyone passing by to make sure of what the situation down is - and if maybe kreldoran needs help mending the tower.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:58 am

Renny seems to understand simple phrases, but responds well to tone, though he still has trouble expressing himself verbally. He seems content though to hang out with you.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:02 am

Gordon pauses only briefly. "I know what I was but not necessarily my purpose, the past is still fuzzy to me though I look forward to remembering more of the things I've left behind..... I'm sure there will be many happy memories alongside many sad ones."

Gordon pats griff on the nose "This is griff, my oldest and most faithful friend. He's a Drak, but you seem to be confused, are their not still creatures like this in these times?"

"I'm not for sure why I can understand you so well and speak in this tongue so well, perhaps the unlocking of my mind is a part of it. I must seek out my god."
(Gnomish)
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:08 am

The beast plods over to Coljin, giving him a cautious sniff before turning to look at Gordon.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:10 am

Randy eyes the tower. "Maybe Holger and Ulmwin can help. They've got mending spells. " He turns to face the advancing group of dragonborn. "In the meantime..." He moves up with Szartha to listen in on the conversation.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:13 am

((Coljin, you can give me a "Knowledge" check on 'Draks', the flavor you choose will determine what your roll gets you and how it's flavored.))

Szartha and his two companions emerge from the tower.

"Looks like Ulmwin found Renny... uh, why is he bright blue? They look alright, but I'll go check on them.", says Galt. "I'll catch up to you guys.

Szartha and the rest of your party that are acting as envoys to the dragonborn clansfolk that are approaching head over, and Szartha gestures for you to hold back as he goes to speak to their leader.

((Do any of you there speak Draconic?))

Ulmwin, where you sit with Renny at the edge of the oasis, you see Galt approaching.

"Hey buddy, where you been? We were looking for you when the big sand guy showed up. You been hiding?", he asks Renny.

"HURR! HUR HURM!", Renny smiles and pats Ulmwin on the head.

"Yeah, I'm glad their back too. You get into some paint or something?"

Ulmwin, it's happened gradually, but Renny is definitely blue in color now.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:22 am

Given that combat is no longer a pressing problem, Gordon finds his way to a peaceful part of the Oasis and kneels. He gingerly touches his face tattoo and then begins to try to connect with his deity.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:36 am

Gordon wraps up his conversation with Coljin and finds a spot near the waters of the lake that now covers much of the surrounding area. He sends his unfocused prayers out into the world, not sure who he is praying to, or whether he's doing it right, just trying to commune with his sense of self and figure out how it fits into this new time and place.

Griff, meanwhile, is splashing in the water, sending ripples lapping up against Zokk's roots.

((Gordon, give me a Religion check, you can have advantage on it given your re-connection to some aspects of your past, and your good buddy Griff the Drak.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:39 am

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:51 am

Knowledge: Nature Dracs?: 1D20+3 = [17]+3 = 20

Coljin sort of follows along with Gordon to the Oasis, not staying right with him, as he is being pretty quiet and seems to want to think, but does stay and watch the drac.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:12 pm

((I'm dumb and completely forgot that was a rather important part that was mentioned. XD ))

Ulmwin shook his head. "Nono, something is happening... I thought it was a trick of the light first, but he's been gradually changing... He still seems fine though, right?" he asks, hoping that the latter sentence is simple enough to understand.

"Might be some kind of magic... Could we get Holger in here, or Tess? I think both of them got magic that might help us figure this out."

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:16 pm

(Zokk speaks draconic, but not sure how/close far away the dragonborn are to the oaisis

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:21 pm

Dornikal will give Tren, Galt and Szartha a hug.

"It's good to see ye! Been busy here aside from all that? How ye feeling?"

He waved absently at the oasis.

"Ye do any trading with them Szartha? Aye think aye had a few shovels in meh things ye can take to trade. Also we got a large bit of metal orc armor. Think they'd be interested?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:41 pm

Coljin isn't completely sure, but Griff the Drak looks an awful lot like a creature known as a guard drake, a creature with unnatural origins, essentially dog sized stunted clones of a true dragon. Griff is quite a bit bigger, and seems to be pleasant enough, as such things go, so it's unclear if he was produced in the same way, or is something else entirely. What you are sure of is that you've never seen his like, nor heard anyone talk of a dragonkin that matches his description, though he would appear to have blue dragon lineage.

Gordon prays, and finds a sense of peace, the vegetation that seems to still be growing curling around him peacefully. A small pale vine grows around a nearby shrub, dense leaves and flowers bursting forth as it nods in a soft breeze beside him.

"Yeah, someone ought to look at him, I don't know fork all when it comes to magic."

((They're pretty far from where Zokk and the non-bard gnomes are.))

They hug Dornikal back. "Good to see you, Preacher!"

"They made it clear that they weren't taking visitors, we went out to chat, and they just gave us the same lines about the signs telling them it was time, and that they were waiting... stuff like that. Might be they are ready to trade now though?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler