The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:03 pm

Maji gives a growl at Holger shaking his head, obviously irritated. The chalk squeaks loudly as he writes roughly on the board, gritting his teeth while doing so. You know nothing. Hurt for talking back.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:11 pm

((I'm going to say that the back and forth between Maji and Holger (and anyone else who wants to jump in), is happening before the guard returns.))

"Might be able to make it up to her, but I wouldn't bet on it. It's certainly not worth my spatula to bring it up to her... As far as touristy stuff, depends on what you're into, but I'm not gonna get myself in a fistful of spoons playing tour guide for you. Head to the gates and gawk about... someone will offer to show you the city, just try not to get robbed or cheated."

He gives you a nod, then strides from the room, a pair of guards joining him, and three more following behind you as he leads you down a hallway, outside into the mid-late afternoon, across a courtyard, and through the gate.

"Lame Goat is on Renshaw street, couple blocks up from the harbor. Welcome to Galistri."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:20 pm

Randy watches the guard depart, then rubs the bridge of his nose and sighs.
"Great. Just great. We are now stranded hundreds if not thousands of miles away from where we're supposed to be, and the person who controls the way back is mad at us. All because someone couldn't resist going sightseeing while in a transport spell." He sighs again. "Well, let's see if we can find Kreldoran's friend. At least she should be able to still use the portal. Maybe she can get Kreldoran to bring us home another way."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:42 am

Ulmwin sighs, shaking his head softly, considering for just a short moment.

(Knowledge rolls, since I figure it might alter what he does/what he says/acts)

Religion: 1d20+1 = [17] = 18
Insight: 1d20+3 = [9] = 12 (for general knowledge about the area)

"Do you think it would be possible to briefly request an audience with the scribe warden? I doubt I can just change her mind, but I would like to at least apologize."

"...And what about the pass..?" He asks, getting the impression a medallion like that wasn't supposed to be a "one time thing".

Persuasion: 1d20+7 = [3] = 10

(Note to self: never roll unless asked, at least this is just against the guard and he can save all his charisma for the actual warden if it's granted :shifty: )

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:16 am

"I'm not going to be the one to ask her... If you're really sweet one the idea of testing her when she says she doesn't want to see you again, you'll have to go through other channels. I'm not gonna wave my knife in the wind for folks I just met. Good luck though."

((What are you looking for with the religion check? Insight would let you gauge someone's intent, etc., but isn't going to inform you about the area.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:51 am

"Well, let's see about finding this inn. Once we're done doing what we came here for, I'll see if I can write a formal apology to Scribe Warden and see if I can convince her to give us another chance to use the portal. Since they're archivists, maybe if I offer to give them a written account of our journey to date, they'll at least hear us out. That might take a while to do, though...." Randy then mutters "Particularly if they insist it being archival quality rather than just a report."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:56 am

The city lies before you, based on the position of the late afternoon sun to the west, the Sanctum is in the northeast portion of the city, on a bit of a rise, with a wall to its back. To the west, a park slopes down to the river. The two arms of the city wall extend to the west, one almost directly west of your position, the other to the south, enclosing the harbor. A broad avenue stretches down the slope to the southwest, heading towards the center of the city. To your southeast, you can see, even higher on the hill some sort of fortress or castle ringed by another wall.

There are various townfolk going about their business in the streets below, and a bit of afternoon breeze carries the scent of salt and harbor from the west.

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:23 pm

"So south? Let's do this so we have time to make nice with them before the next portal opens."

Dornikal starts moving towards the harbor, keeping an eye out for trouble and jewelry shops/gold smiths.

Perception: 1d20+4 = [5] = 9

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:34 pm

"Eh, I don't think we have to worry too much. If our adventures are as usual, by the end of these couple days, we'll have stirred up enough trouble that they'll be willing to let us use their portal again as long as it means we get out of here. Talk about exaggeration for something harmless..." he mumbles that last part.

"I do intend to see if I can give my apologies and set some of this right." he sighs slightly, before agreeing they should get to the inn to begin their investigation. On the way there, he seems to think.

"Say, about that group name... Given some of our affinity, and what we keep getting in- How does the troubledours sound? Or troubladours? Perhaps the latter, first might give a wrong impression..."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:23 pm

"Sounds like a bad hairstyle. Or maybe a type of dog?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:34 pm

Ulmwin sticks out his tongue slightly. "Supposed to be a mix with troubadour and trouble. We gotta give it some serious thought sooner or later, in each case."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:27 pm

Maji is keen on keeping close to the group when they head out.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:57 pm

Randy looks things over. "Yeah, let's head south a bit. Looks like the harbor is more or less southwest of here, and the guard said the Lame Goat was a couple of blocks from it. A word of caution: that means we're going to be in an area that's likely to be a bit on the rough side. On the other hand, there's a pretty good chance we won't stand out as much in an area that is frequented by travelers and sailors. Just watch your purse...and your back." Randy looks around with a little concern. Since he's armed to the teeth, he's not sure how the local constabulary are going to react to him.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:33 pm

((Give me a Perception check for Randy.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:09 pm

perception:1d20+3 = [3] = 6

((Sorry. Coyote seems to be offline and we had to duck into the tornado shelter just now. ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:12 am

The party begins wandering into the city, and from what the ranger can tell, you guys totally fit in with the populace.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:37 am

Yeah, Holger wouldn't bring this up in front of the guards so that assumption is good :lol:

You know nothing. Hurt for talking back.

"How could I? You're not saying anything about it. I can only assume from what you've been like thus far in my presence and talking back seem a rather minor transgression to what you've done in our company."

Holger waves dismissably at Maji as this isn't really the time or place to delve deeper into Maji's weird morals.

((Sorry Burns, Holger might love antagonizing Maji a bit too much still. I hope you don't mind or take it personal o:) ))

To the guard as we leave.

"Yeah, once again sorry for the trouble we caused. We aren't expecting you to stick your neck out for us, we're just probing for a way to right our wrongs. Have a nice and hopefully less eventful day. Should other trouble come while we are here though, you can count on us for help if needed!"

"Supposed to be a mix with troubadour and trouble. We gotta give it some serious thought sooner or later, in each case."

"How about The Starwind Troubledours? That way we're not just bringers of troubling tunes."

Holger grins at the others, maybe even laughing if there are severe disapproving glances from the others.

"I like the name even if a bit bland on its own.. We just have to be careful not to be associated with causing people trouble but rather be thought of as seeking out trouble and quenching it.. Speaking of reputation, we should really try to get a more public venue for our deeds. We've done good so far, but besides the abbey at circle vale and Dornikal and the caravan he was guarding no one really knows what we've accomplished thus far. Telling of Zihuazzal and how we vanquished a mummy that had hardly risen is just tooting our own horn and about as trustworthy as the local drunk."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:01 am

"We need a catchy tune to go along with it. Here come the troubladours, they'll make your troubles go away..!" he hums softly, before shaking his head.

"Nah... Maybe we can come to a compromise eh Holger? Ulmwin, Starwind and company?" he continues his talk, if keeping somewhat soft as to not be loudly overhead, as he seems more interested in chatter than discussing the mission... At least not until they're at the inn.

"...You're also making me realize we should be collecting trophies of some kind, shouldn't we..?"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:17 am

Holger claps lightly to Ulmwins tune

"Nah... Maybe we can come to a compromise eh Holger? Ulmwin, Starwind and company?"

"Was that a subtle proposal? You make it sound like you are taking on my surname. I'm not sure I'm ready yet, even with your practical height."

"...You're also making me realize we should be collecting trophies of some kind, shouldn't we..?"

"It's worth considering, granted a singed and shriveled piece of bandage doesn't prove much. Nor would the tree stump from the blights prove much more than we have the potential to be lumberjacks. Think Renny might count as a trophy? Granted he would likely instill the opposite of what we want in people."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:22 am

((Rolled a 9 looking for trouble before but likely not much will come from that.

Also Dornikal presumably looks more like a short thick human without his magnificent beard and hair.))

Dornikal ignores the discussion about silly names and focuses on the job at hand, finding the inn. As they approach the harbor he will find someone that looks like a guard and ask,

"Hello, sir. Can ye direct us to Renshaw street and the Lame Goat?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:55 am

Maji glares at Holger, glancing up as he writes.

How could I? Speech taken. Ate none then. Killed none then. Hurt none then.

Only killed those attack me or ally. Only hurt those hurt me or others.

(No worries!)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:12 am

Yup, you totally blend right in with the city folk, a hulking dragonborn carrying a chalkboard, a reddish tiefling, a singing gnome accompanied by a clapping guy with a purple face tattoo, a dwarf with patchy hair and patches of fresh skin, and Randy and Coljin. Randy carrying the arsenal of a small guard squad on him pretty much leaves Coljin as the odd one out.

As you wander down the avenue, heading in the direction of the docks, you are approaching an open plaza, where vendors have carts set up, and their patrons move about. Dornikal approaches a couple fellows in uniform who look to be on guard duty, to ask one of them directions to Renshaw and the Lame Goat. He looks you up and down, his mouth pulling a bit in at one corner.

"That way. Towards the harbor."
"If you sink like a stone, you went too far.", his companion chimes in, as the first guard seems to be struggling to keep a straight face.

Holger asked about Serenity Guild earlier, so back when you were in holding...

"They've got a small guild post in the northwest of the city, don't recall the street, don't have much cause to go there."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:36 am

Nem, quite delighted at being back in a city is only half listening to the conversation between Holger and Ulmwin.

"The pair of you would make beautiful chaos together!"

With a sigh, Nem's cough sparks back up and her eyes are ordinary and human coloured again, and she spends a few moments arranging her scarves and clothing ad she sips back into her usual disguise as Tess the human.

1d20+4 = [20] = 24

To Coljin:
"Let's see what this place thinks of tielfings before we show it one then."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:44 am

Tess looks like an unusually complected, but otherwise boring, normal human woman.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:27 am

"Thank ye, will do."

He is a bit confused by the flippant attitude but he isn't angered by it.

"Ye have gem workers or jewelers in this square? Or can ye tell meh where aye might find them?"

Either way he will continue to the harbor after thanking them.