GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 36)

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 4)

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:37 am

Turn 4

"it could be quite plesant, beesides are you not tired of hovering above them all the time? Perhaps they can even help you."
"Hah! No! Look, they're dicks and we want nothing to do with them."
"Yeah!"
"Want to hear another joke?"

"Alright, well, if we're going to help you you have to let us. So hang on a minute, and don't swoop at me again while I'm trying to help, okay?"
"Your funeral."
"Yeah!"
"What kind of bee can't make up its mind?"

"I'm sure we can work something out. Now, please get back - we need space so we can control the situation. You may hear the annoying noise for just a little bit while we're taking care of this, but remember that we're trying to find a long-term solution here. If we fail or if we need you, we'll holler out for you to come back."
"No we won't. That noise is the WORST!"
"Yeah!"
"A mayBEE!! Hahahahaa!"

All sticks her head into the pond and is immediately grabbed by two of the merfolk and hauled bodily into the pool. Tink looks startled for a moment then throws herself into the pool after All as well. The merfolk back off a bit, obviously wary that this is about to turn into a fight...

"We saw you up there! Talking to those buzzing... menaces. Are you here to kill us for them? Because you should know we won't roll over without a fight!"
"They showed up a few weeks ago and started acting like they own the whole damn place... We've been here for WAY longer than that!"
"Yeah... Look, if you can see fit to get rid of them for us, we'd be really grateful. It sucks being trapped down here all the time..."

---------------------------
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:59 am

"We're here because we want to get past and go into that pipe, we don't really want to kill anyone. They wouldn't let me talk to you up there, so I came down here. It doesn't sound like they want to work out a deal though. How come they hate you so much?"

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:43 pm

Tink lowers her sword, but doesn't put it away. "I'm not going to kill anyone unless they hurt me or my friends, and certainly not going to kill merpeople that haven't done us any harm just because some bugs tell us to. What is this 'horrible noise' those bugs are talking about? Have you tried just not making it so you can leave in peace? Apart from not liking the noise, have these bugs hurt you in any other way?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:05 pm

"what noise do the merpeople make? I like the bee that tells jokes, it's funny. I got one.

Why did the bee cross the trail?
Beecause she can!"

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:29 am

"Do we maybe just swim through?"
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 5)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:23 pm

Turn 5

"We're here because we want to get past and go into that pipe, we don't really want to kill anyone. They wouldn't let me talk to you up there, so I came down here. It doesn't sound like they want to work out a deal though. How come they hate you so much?"
"Oh I don't know. Ever since they moved in here, they've done nothing but complain. Honestly, we're sick of their shit. If you get rid of them, we can make it worth your while."
"I'm not going to kill anyone unless they hurt me or my friends, and certainly not going to kill merpeople that haven't done us any harm just because some bugs tell us to. What is this 'horrible noise' those bugs are talking about? Have you tried just not making it so you can leave in peace? Apart from not liking the noise, have these bugs hurt you in any other way?"
"They don't let us surface to go foraging, they don't like us talking to each other or singing our moon songs, and if we do any of that stuff they sting us. THEY'RE the dicks."

"what noise do the merpeople make? I like the bee that tells jokes, it's funny. I got one.

Why did the bee cross the trail?
Beecause she can!"

"Squeaky, screechy, wet noises. It's horrible. Really, truly, awful."
"Yeah!"
"I don't get it... "

"Do we maybe just swim through?"
"Hey! No! Get rid of those guys!!"
"Yeah!"
"Beeee...cause.... she's a Beeeeee...! AH! I GET IT!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

► Show Spoiler
[/quote]

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:27 pm

All right everyone, my husband is coming to Florida tomorrow and since I haven't seen him in 2 months I'm putting us on hiatus for 10 days until he goes home again. We should be back on the normal update schedule on Mon 18th April :)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:53 am

Tap snortles a bit when the bee laughs. "how would you like it if someone stunf you because they did not like the noise you make? Can you try to talk to them?

Okay what did Shakes his spear say?
'To bee or to not bee, that is the question."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:28 pm

Hey folks, just a heads-up that we're back to the usual update schedule. Sorry for the late reminder, I thought there were more replies here than just Burns's :)

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:16 am

"Bah, we should really go. You bugs are wasting our time."

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:02 am

"Okay, well, let us swim through to the other side so we're nearer and we'll see what we can do. I need air soon anyway."

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:10 pm

Tink breaches briefly to get a breath of air, and then tells the merpeople, "Hey look, my friends want to move on, but it seems totally unfair that those bees came to your house and won't let you enjoy it. I can't stay and help you, but I have a plan if you're interested."

"Those bees don't respect you, and are bullying you because they can. You need to show them you're not easy to mess with either. So, set a trap and scare them a bit so they'll fear you. Send one of you up to the surface, while the rest of you hide near them. When the bees come down to sting the person that's breaking the surface, the rest of you jump out and haul the bee underwater. Don't let it drown now, just hold it tight and don't let it sting you."

"Use that bee as a hostage to negotiate with the other bees - tell them attacking people is not the way proper creatures solve their problems, and that you're strong enough to defend yourselves if they keep doing it. Let the hostage-bee go as a show of good faith, and tell them you want to come up with a peaceful solution that works for you both."

Then Tink will go with the rest of the group.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 6)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:43 pm

Turn 6

"how would you like it if someone stung you because they did not like the noise you make? Can you try to talk to them?

Okay what did Shakes his spear say? 'To bee or to not bee, that is the question."

"<SNNNNOOOORT!> HAH! that's a good one! I like you! Pssst... Can you keep a secret? I quite like the songs the water-people sing and Gerald's stone deaf. It's just our boss that doesn't like them."

"Bah, we should really go. You bugs are wasting our time."
"Really? Ok... See you I guess!"
"YEAH!"

"Okay, well, let us swim through to the other side so we're nearer and we'll see what we can do. I need air soon anyway."
"Hey look, my friends want to move on, but it seems totally unfair that those bees came to your house and won't let you enjoy it. I can't stay and help you, but I have a plan if you're interested.

"Those bees don't respect you, and are bullying you because they can. You need to show them you're not easy to mess with either. So, set a trap and scare them a bit so they'll fear you. Send one of you up to the surface, while the rest of you hide near them. When the bees come down to sting the person that's breaking the surface, the rest of you jump out and haul the bee underwater. Don't let it drown now, just hold it tight and don't let it sting you.

"Use that bee as a hostage to negotiate with the other bees - tell them attacking people is not the way proper creatures solve their problems, and that you're strong enough to defend yourselves if they keep doing it. Let the hostage-bee go as a show of good faith, and tell them you want to come up with a peaceful solution that works for you both."

"... Hmmm... That seems like a good idea... Except... well... They're a LOT faster than we are and those stings really hurt..."
"<ahem>... Yeah... Ummm....... Maybe... YOU... could do that?"

All plods slowly through the weeds and mud and gets stuck at the vertical wall on the right side of the pond. She can probably climb it, but she'll need some help to get up there.

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:55 pm

Tap grins at his bee friend. "MayBEE you can tell me your name?

Hmmm...I am unfamiliar with bee culture, how would we go about making you boss instead?"

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:15 am

"See you on the other side!"

Holds jumps into the pond and starts working his way across.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:41 am

"Give me a bump up please, someone! Let's figure out how we're going to do this as peacefully as possible when we're up there."

Once one of the other Goblins or a mer-person helps her out of the pond, All will help the next one up and then speak to the bees.

"Alright, I'm here and ready to plan. Who's in charge? We need to negotiate proper terms if we're going to help you."

(OOC: I'm trying not to steal Burns' thunder as TAP has found useful stuff out from the joke-loving bee - if All can get the boss talking, TAP might be able to arrange a mutiny over the other side of the pond!)

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:29 am

Holds will help All climb up if he can reach the end of the pond in time.

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:09 pm

Tink grins at the bees. "Hold that thought. One of my friends caught more bees with honey-jokes than... vinegar... insults? Good going, TAP!

"Anyway if my friends can come up with a plan to resolve this, are you willing to help? If so, surface just a little bit and wave to the gray goblin. Excuse me for a bit."

Tink goes over and gives All a boost out of the water, and also breaches for another breath of air before sinking back into the water to wait for a plan to come together.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:51 am

Having some minor RL drama to deal with, so today will be a skip day I'm afraid! We'll resume normal service on Monday.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 7)

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:10 pm

Turn 7

"MayBEE you can tell me your name? Hmmm...I am unfamiliar with bee culture, how would we go about making you boss instead?"
"I'm Busbee! Who are you? I don't want to be anyone's boss though... Besides, we're just hanging here until the cold weather passes on then we'll go somewhere else and make a new hive! Once it gets warm, we'll be out of here!"

"Give me a bump up please, someone! Let's figure out how we're going to do this as peacefully as possible when we're up there."

Holds hops into the pond and drags himself across the muddy bottom. He nearly trips on something about halfway across, but otherwise makes it to All and helps her climb up and out of the pool. The bank is super slippery, so she has to grab hold of the grating to keep her footing. It looks like it opens outwards and that there's a small peg holding it closed.

"Alright, I'm here and ready to plan. Who's in charge? We need to negotiate proper terms if we're going to help you."
"Me obviously! What do you want?"
"YEAH!!"

"Hold that thought. One of my friends caught more bees with honey-jokes than... vinegar... insults? Good going, TAP! Anyway if my friends can come up with a plan to resolve this, are you willing to help? If so, surface just a little bit and wave to the gray goblin. Excuse me for a bit."
"Well, I guess so. I don't want to get stung though... And if this is a trap... well, you'll have BIG problems!"

Tink grabs a breath of air and sinks back down under the water to wait while one of the merfolk gives TAP a wave.

------------------------------
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:28 pm

"temporial Anomally Phenomenom or TAP for short. Actually I know of a mudhoneyfountiN you can probably live at, if you guys are interested."

Tap waves back at the merperson. "hello, this is Busbee, don't worry this bee is friendly."

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:54 am

"Right, hello. Now that I'm over here I've noticed a bit of a problem. This grate that we need to get through - when we're done helping, of course - opens outwards, see? And I can't tell how far up it goes, but it looks like it might touch your hive if it opens all the way up there. I don't want it to break. Have you ever seen this grate open before? Did it open safely without squashing your house? If not, we're going to need to come up with a plan!"

All keeps the boss bee's attention on the grate and the hive for now, while TAP and Busbee talk. It's an important point, even if she is partly distracting him, because she would rather not destroy anyone's house.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 8)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:48 pm

Still waiting on 2 actions

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:51 pm

Holds pushes all further upwards, then once she's table rises himself to breathe.

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:20 am

Carp, sorry! I *thought* about the action and then immediately went to bed at 7:30 >_<

Tinkers pulls herself out of the water on the tunnel side to join All. She eyes the hive appraisingly, and says "That's a nice house alright, but I don't know about the neighborhood. I can think of better places to live if I were a bee, for example like by our fountain of infinite mudhoney that grants magical powers, and has full-time guards so a bee can live in peace without being bothered. That's where I would live, if I were a bee. Too bad we don't know any bees that would really enjoy the good life like that.".