Interesting theory about the GAP, FMK and Kore

Discuss the comic here!
WhispersToSquirrels
Of Few Words

Re: Interesting theory about the GAP, FMK and Kore

Post by WhispersToSquirrels » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:14 am

ckrowe wrote:"When the serpent becomes your prey.."
Was said to Forgath by YaB -AND- to MinMax by the Brassmoon Wall. So 'your' could be either or both of them.
It has already been presented that 'serpent' could easily be Kin or the Viper Clan but it could also be more metaphorical in terms of referring to a person as traitorous, venomous, deceitful, manipulative, etc... as a 'serpent'. It doesn't seem far-fetched given the great debate over how Kore could be so ruthlessly terrible yet still a Paladin that Forgath could see him as a 'serpent', undermining true Good.
And 'prey' has been accepted as equating to 'becoming an enemy' but, more literally, it could elude to something being hunted and places Forgath and/or MinMax in the role of predator. Kin, as the 'serpent', fleeing? The Viper Clan being sought out? The implication certainly leans towards violence but not necessarily malice, so I wouldn't think it a stretch to equate MinMax's obvious pursuit of Kin's affection in a predator-prey metaphor.
Could Complains be the serpent? His IME looks serpent-like. And MinMax has been hunting Complains for quite some time now.
"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!"

EatsAPeach
Speaks Quietly

Post by EatsAPeach » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:01 pm

I think we can assume that THunt hasn't followed these non-goblin characters around this long for them to just be more enemies for the Goblins to defeat, and that MinMax wants to apologize and let them know he's not hunting them as monsters anymore. Instead, he's going to step into a hail of arrows and be ID'ed by an insane Paladin as "evil" when he greets the Goblins in a friendly way. Kore isn't going to like Oblivious, if it can exist outside of the Maze.
And remember, Kin has to stay behind with the Jade Teapot; the user doesn't teleport. Another Kin with another Teapot could send her, if there can be two Teapots in one world and the Kins decided to get off at #156.
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the International Communist Conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."
--Jack D. Ripper, Gen. USAF, ca. 1963

friedkitty
Voices Opinions

Post by friedkitty » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:05 pm

Or the 3 other Kins could take the teapot back, and Kin could go with MM. It all depends on whether they come to 156 or not.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:25 pm

Not to a significant degree, but you misunderstand the use of the teapot. In fact, Kin pretty much says the opposite: The user must leave the teapot behind.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:13 am

friedkitty wrote:Or the 3 other Kins could take the teapot back, and Kin could go with MM. It all depends on whether they come to 156 or not.
That would mean that the Kinship (Onyx, Ruby, and Sapphire) take over Kin's quest to bring the Jade Teapot to the Silkscale Yuan-ti clan that live in the Sunset Fields.
And that they'd have to set their own reality number to 156 (our FMK's)....

But I can indeed see that happening (and thought of it several times beforehand).

The Kinship loves Minmax's love for his Kin, and will do a lot to allow her to stay with Minmax 156.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

friedkitty
Voices Opinions

Post by friedkitty » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:53 am

Krulle wrote: The Kinship loves Minmax's love for his Kin, and will do a lot to allow her to stay with Minmax 156.
Do they? Even our own Kin seems confused by it. I haven't seen anything that shows they even approve of it, nevertheless "love" it. I would like to think that is the case, but I do not recall any evidence of that fact.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:10 am

friedkitty wrote:
Krulle wrote: The Kinship loves Minmax's love for his Kin, and will do a lot to allow her to stay with Minmax 156.
Do they? Even our own Kin seems confused by it. I haven't seen anything that shows they even approve of it, nevertheless "love" it. I would like to think that is the case, but I do not recall any evidence of that fact.
Well, that's how it play out in my mind...

We'll see once the group comes together and Kin/Minmax reaction to each other...
And I am still waiting for the "I see you!"...
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)