FMK mix-n-match

Discuss the comic here!
Zwums
Of Few Words

FMK mix-n-match

Post by Zwums » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:07 pm

So, this is completely random, but fun (at least I think so...)

Here we go: If you could build any team of FMK, choosing from any alt. reality, who would you choose? What trio would be the most powerful? The most fun? The most funny?

I think that Goblin-Slayer kin, Axe of Prissan or Hammer of Jale Forgath, and Klikmax would be ridiculously awesome and effective...

Pertinent Links:
Realities List - http://duke.a-comics.ru/fmk/
Tower Room - http://www.goblinscomic.com/03012013/
First views of realities - http://www.goblinscomic.com/02112011-4/

Trojan
Mutters to Themself

Re: FMK mix-n-match

Post by Trojan » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:03 pm

The game-breaking possibilities in a klikmax are quite terrifying given the player's ability to game the system :roll:

Rorrik
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Rorrik » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:45 am

That is a tough group to beat. If we're going for raw power and assume they'll all get along, I might trade out the goblin slayer Kin for the scorpion Kin, the Klikmax for Psimax, and keep the Axe of Prissan. I think that would be a pretty good team, though we never really saw the scorpion Kin's capabilities.

Fen
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Fen » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:18 pm

PsiMax, Forgath (with the Ring of Undeath) and the Necromancer Kin would make an interesting evil party.

Or, we could do like the party with 3 Kins:

GuessMax (with his demon), MinMax (with the Junior arm) and...I'm trying to think of another MinMax that has a pet or helper...ideas?

SccrD25
Likes to Contribute

Post by SccrD25 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:34 pm

WizardMax could summon?

Edit: And there's this blue thing. Maybe that's alive *shrug*
At some point I should really come up with a clever signature

Alvarin
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: Alvarin__

Post by Alvarin » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:23 am

SccrD25 wrote:WizardMax could summon?

Edit: And there's this blue thing. Maybe that's alive *shrug*

I'm pretty sure it's alive, but is attached to a Forgath...

SpeaksManyLanguages
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: dbg_

Post by SpeaksManyLanguages » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:26 pm

Hello. Are the old forums completely lost?
Anyway, i've reregistered here and i'm glad to hear any comments to the FMK list that i support.

I've just finished updating it with images from last months of updates.
http://duke.a-comics.ru/fmk/

Make sure to check out realites # 32, 37, 51, 109, 145 and 160.

Especially #37. did you know, that one of the "unknown zombified alternates" was the one we have had background on? Well, now you do!

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:29 pm

SpeaksWithMistakes wrote:Hello. Are the old forums completely lost?

Yep. Completely.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:30 pm

Yeah, they're completely lost, other than some parts that people have been able to recover through internet archive sites.

And yay! Thank you for updating your FMK list. It's a really useful reference. :D

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:44 am

I noticed you have golden-armor Forgath listed separately from blue-haired Kin and red-stripes Minimax, even though they can be see together in the window.
Last edited by BuildsLegos on Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

SpeaksManyLanguages
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by SpeaksManyLanguages » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:49 am

BuildsLegos wrote:I noticed you have golden-armor Minimax listed separately from blue-haired Kin and red-stripes Minimax, even though they can be see together in the window.
Ah, yes, golden-armor Forgath. I'll add those today, when i'll be adding new info from the altsplanations :D

Rorrik
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Rorrik » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:51 am

SpeaksWithMistakes wrote:Hello. Are the old forums completely lost?
Anyway, i've reregistered here and i'm glad to hear any comments to the FMK list that i support.

I've just finished updating it with images from last months of updates.
http://duke.a-comics.ru/fmk/

Make sure to check out realites # 32, 37, 51, 109, 145 and 160.

Especially #37. did you know, that one of the "unknown zombified alternates" was the one we have had background on? Well, now you do!
Looks like Thunt is going to be providing plenty more information for your list! Exciting times!

Edit: Also, melee Kin either took a Brassmoon elite's armor, or she was part of the Brassmoon Elite Guard, a high ranking one by the two white lines on the breastplate.

I think they call archer Kin "Sapphire" to differentiate her from the each other, they can't just all be named Kin, that would be confusing.
Last edited by Rorrik on Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:59 am

SpeaksWithMistakes wrote:
BuildsLegos wrote:I noticed you have golden-armor Minimax listed separately from blue-haired Kin and red-stripes Minimax, even though they can be see together in the window.
Ah, yes, golden-armor Forgath. I'll add those today, when i'll be adding new info from the altsplanations :D
Also, thankyou for understanding my mistype, that's so embarrassing.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:43 am

SpeaksWithMistakes wrote:Anyway, i've reregistered here and i'm glad to hear any comments to the FMK list that i support.
You are The One Who Is Awesome, that is who you are. Thank you for this magnificent reference. Unfortunately it is already obsolete; today's not-an-update explains this reality and this one.

Why is reality #16 "Can't be talked about"? (Also, in case anyone didn't catch it, hidden behind Kinslayer's hair, this Forgath has both horns on his helmet.)

It's been speculated that This Minmax was carrying the green sword (which someone said was a Luck Blade) because their Dellyn couldn't grow wooden weapons from his arm. Which in turn means that if this party goes into the room of upside-down trees and gets trapped, their Kin might not panic because Dellyn might not have had the wooden arm at all, and thus she wouldn't associate wood with her mistreatment.

I'm going to take a moment and speculate about the completely-unknown realities I have the most interest in:
► Show Spoiler
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

SpeaksManyLanguages
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by SpeaksManyLanguages » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:57 am

I'll add everything from there today, as soon as possible! (might be in 3 hours from now)
willpell wrote:
► Show Spoiler
I think, Kin was there amongst zombies too. There were no good shots of her, so i didn't make one right away, but i will.
willpell wrote:
► Show Spoiler
Isn't it just Minmax's IME? The smoke comes from the +1 sword, that Complains is wielding in our reality
willpell wrote:
► Show Spoiler
You might be right. It's one of the questions I've sent to Tarol in an email today.

Rorrik
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Rorrik » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:08 am

willpell wrote:IndianaMax? Kin looks very affectionate; she might just find Harrison Ford expies sexually irresistable (whether or not Dellyn raped her; I'd be inclined to say he did in this universe, just because we know the other universe where she hooked up with MM it's because she wasn't raped, so I'd rather have the variety), but it looks more like a "my hero!" hug than a sexy hug (not that they're necessarily different, but not necessarily the same either). Makes me wonder if maybe 156 isn't[/url] the only reality where the two are in love...

No sign of Kin

I thought this guy when you said IndianaMax, but I guess he looks more like a ranger or a mounty or something.

Also, We don't see Kin exactly in that picture, but there is a hand entering the picture on the left. It probably belongs to someone, most likely a Kin.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:16 am

SpeaksWithMistakes wrote:Isn't it just Minmax's IME? The smoke comes from the +1 sword, that Complains is wielding in our reality
Oh. :wall: Right you are.
Rorrik wrote:I thought this guy when you said IndianaMax, but I guess he looks more like a ranger or a mounty or something.
Didn't even notice him before, but you're right, he looks exactly like a park ranger, and I'm guessing that's because his player wanted to roll up "a ranger" in D&D. Favored enemy: Forest Fires.
Also, We don't see Kin exactly in that picture, but there is a hand entering the picture on the left. It probably belongs to someone, most likely a Kin.
It would stand to reason if at least one of the Kins was more deeply traumatized and is now painfully shy (rogue levels?), going to great lengths to stay out of sight lest she be captured again. Would be interesting to learn how F&M managed to earn her trust if she's that skittish.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:50 am

willpell wrote:
It would stand to reason if at least one of the Kins was more deeply traumatized and is now painfully shy (rogue levels?), going to great lengths to stay out of sight lest she be captured again. Would be interesting to learn how F&M managed to earn her trust if she's that skittish.
I don't see why would you ever make such conclusion. Off screen part of window with Kin does not imply her shyness.

Zwums
Of Few Words

Post by Zwums » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:25 pm

I would love love love to hear how the Kin-trio teamed up

SccrD25
Likes to Contribute

Post by SccrD25 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:30 pm

Seconded. There has GOT to be a good story there. What happened to their companions? How were they able to come to compromise? What has the plan for being the "winning team"? Could they even do that?

Plus, come on, its a story with 3xs the Kin.

SpeaksManyLanguages
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by SpeaksManyLanguages » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:19 pm

Okay, it seems i've updated all info. The new #53 and #169. Also, some more updated after confirmations by Tarol in an email:
* The barbarians reality is #183
* #117 and #107 are different ones, no mistake
* The #54 is the one with archer Kin and the #12 is the one they were fighting back there (they appeared together and i didn't have a way to diff them)
* Some confirmation on #42 color reality, but he'll talk about that one more later

SccrD25
Likes to Contribute

Post by SccrD25 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:26 pm

:confetti: You rock :confetti:

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:43 pm

Sorry I didn't catch this earlier, but you listed Klikmax (#171) a second time as well.

SpeaksManyLanguages
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by SpeaksManyLanguages » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:54 pm

BuildsLegos wrote:Sorry I didn't catch this earlier, but you listed Klikmax (#171) a second time as well.
Yikes, thanks! I've added their mini top-down view from the next page too then 8)

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:47 pm

gamecreator wrote:I don't see why would you ever make such conclusion. Off screen part of window with Kin does not imply her shyness.
Just wildly speculating; I like to exercise my creativity given the slightest excuse.
My long-neglected blog.