GMSO - Silent Surprise (Turn 25)

For all games that are now over.
Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Re: GMSO - Silent Surprise (Turn 4)

Post by Runsaround » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:28 pm

Fails redeploys into D10.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:19 pm

If i were to heal, which would happen first the healing or being shot at.

My hp went up again (yay) but i guess this was another source file error.

Can we get the spec ops 1 to move forwarsd to D8 this time as well as fire i was hoping to know its square for this turn, but now can't decide on my action.

Also if two (or more) people die in the same turn do they both re-spawn two turns later or is there only one teleport window and one would have to wait an extra turn?
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:30 am

Off Topic
Nerre wrote:Krulle: The tower shot, but all shots missed (lucky dice roll for you), which is why I forgot to paint it into the picture. Did correct it, please press F5 to update picture and text.
No problem. It was not shooting at me anyway.... >:D
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:56 am

Patdragon wrote:1)If i were to heal, which would happen first the healing or being shot at.
2) Can we get the spec ops 1 to move forwarsd to D8 this time as well as fire i was hoping to know its square for this turn, but now can't decide on my action.
3) Also if two (or more) people die in the same turn do they both re-spawn two turns later or is there only one teleport window and one would have to wait an extra turn?
=> 1) dealing and curing damage takes time simultaniously. If you end up with a positive number in the end, you are fine.
=> 2) they can move an fight just like you, and for you the rule is: You can shoot while moving. Therefore they can too. :)
=> 3) Only one window. I will throw a dice then to see who gets in first, if you do not agree on who goes first on your own.
:zzz:

Zigit
Likes to Contribute

Post by Zigit » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:43 am

"Activating healing nanobots and returning fire." Ka'A

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:47 am

I think repairing is an action that excludes moving and firing and flagging of mines....

(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:51 am

Ok in that case--- Pat asteroids will try healing and firing on E8 turret if (a) it's allowed (b)it it still alive (if it is dead and i'm allowed fire at F6 to see if its does anything)

spec op 1 - Move to D8 and continue its assault on E8 turret (this helps me see if E7 is safe or not)

Spec op 2 - Move to D3 and fire on E3 turret.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:08 am

Yes, healing is a full turn action, no moving or fighting, not even auto-defense shots. Made it clearer now in the description. Was that way last game and I would like to keep it that way.

@Zigit: do you want to heal or fire?
@Pats: I understood your post so healing is primary task, the rest optional if possible. Is that correct?
@Runs: You can fire with Fails while being deployed. You cannot move, as being deployed is the move action, but you can still fight.

We got two suggestions for each spec ops, which are not fully the same. If no more suggestions or votes appear, I will toss a dice to split the draw.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:40 am

Yep heal first. If I take more damage at least I won't die by diving right in this turn.
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:33 am

Nerre wrote:We got two suggestions for each spec ops, which are not fully the same. If no more suggestions or votes appear, I will toss a dice to split the draw.
Then I'll add to my move:
SO1 to D8 and firing on E8. (he will not uncover numbers though, if I remember correctly. So no new hint which tiles will be safe.)
SO2 stays and continues firing on E3.

Nerre
Game Master

GMSO - Silent Surprise (Turn 5)

Post by Nerre » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:43 pm

OPERATION: SPACE ODYSSEY

Mission 2: Silent Surprise
After the minesweeper crew successfully cleared the huge minefield during Mission Asteroid Slalom, your fleet now has arrived. While they fight big battles, your squad has already a new asignment. A shield generator has been located on a porous asteroid, which protects the enemy's spacestation. While your fleet can wipe out the enemy fleet, it cannot attack the station while it is protected by the powerfull shield.
Since the generator asteroid also is surrounded by a strong shield, only small objects can be teleported in, and only one at a time. Such as a person in a space suit. Your task is to clear the path for a special ops squad that will try to raid the generator base. To make sure most of them arrive, your task is to clear their path. From time to time, you will get special ops members to help you fight hostile forces. They share the teleportation windows with your team, and can move and fight just like you, only with different attributes. Try not to explode mines, as it might attract hostile forces and block possible teleportation windows for spec ops if players have to respawn. You start in turn 0 after all of you have been teleported in.
Turn 5

Information:
- each tile with a number also has an equal amount of red dots in the upper left corner, just in case you cannot read the number cause of the player avatars.
- your blasters have a range of 3 and deal 1 damage (diagonally = 1.5 tiles). You automatically defend yourself, but do not automatically aid somebody or attack. You can shoot while moving.
- you have 5 health. Lost health can be regained by doing a repair action, restoring 2 health per turn. This is a full turn action, no other actions allowed.
- if you can at least fly 1.5 tiles per turn, you can move diagonally (diagonally = 1.5 tiles). If one of the adjacent tiles, which you would have to pass with none-diagonal movement, is an active mine not marked with a beacon, you have a 50% chance to trigger it.
- if you can at least fly 2 tiles per turn, you can pass several tiles per turn or move at 50% speed and still do an attack, repair or place-beacon action.
- if you have more than one attack, you can split them between several targets.
- better spacesuits might have better values.
- You can only deployed on column A-E until somebody reaches a column further to the right, no matter if PC or special ops NPC. Once somebody reached a column, it is then unlocked for deployment for the rest of the game.

Actions:
Comes-too-late places a warning beacon on B3.
Fails-to-see is deployed on D10, which is already uncovered - erm - exploded and safe (now).
Ka's Splaat remains on E11 repairs his suit, regaining 2 hp. The tower on F10 however deals 3 damage to him.
Makes-it-go-boom flies to C3 and uncovers a 1. The tower on E3 fires another volley of blue plasma shots at him and does not switch targets despite spec ops 2 firing at it as well. He receives 2 damage explodes, but not before dealing 1 damage to tower E3. His clone will be deployed in turn 7 (post actions after turn 6).
Pats-Asteroids remains on E6 repairs his suit, regaining 2 hp. The tower on G4 continues firing at him, dealing 2 damage again. So he ends up where he started, but things could be worse.
Spec ops 1 flies to D8, which doesn't seem to be mined, and fires at the tower on E8 twice, dealing 4 damage. The top of the tower where the weapon was mounted collapses. Before being destroyed, tower E8 delt 4 damage to spec ops 1.
Spec ops 2 stays on D4 and fires two times on the tower on E3, dealing 4 damage overall.

Makes-it-go-boom did die, but despite him not being yet ready to teleport in again next turn the next spec ops is not ready yet, so nobody teleports in.

While the smoke of the destroyed tower rises, you hear an alarm close by.

Player Chars:.[tabs: Comes]
Name: Comes-too-late
Health: 5/5 hp
Speed: 1.5 tiles/turn
Attack frequency: 1 /turn
Attack strength: 1 dam
Attack range: 3 tiles
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Fails]
Name: Fails-to-see
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Ka'a]
Name: Ka'a Splaat
Health: 2/6 hp
Attack strength: 1.5 dam
Specializations:
- "Minefield marshaller" (you can place 2 beacons in on round, or move and still place 1 beacon)
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Makes]
Name: Makes-it-go-boom
Health: 1/5 hp
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Pats]
Name: Pats asteroids
Health: 3/5 hp
► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]NPC:.[tabs: Spec ops 1]
Name: Spec ops 1
Health: 3/10 hp
Speed: 1 tiles/turn
Weapon: Laser gun
Attack frequency: 2 /turn
Attack strength: 2 dam
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Spec ops 2]
Name: Spec ops 2
Health: 10/10 hp
► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]Hostile:.[tabs: Tower E3]
Damage taken: 11
[tabs: Tower E8]
Damage taken: 15 - destroyed
[tabs: Tower F10]
Damage taken: 1.5
[tabs: Tower G4]
Damage taken: 0[/tabs]

unlimited spots left, Please chose a unique name, a unique color and your starting field. There will always be up to 5 player chars on the map.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: GMSO - Silent Surprise (Turn 5)

Post by Krulle » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:52 pm

SO1 fires on F10.
SO2 fires on E4 E3.

Comes-too-late flies to B4

Edit: marked above by strikethrough and bold.
Last edited by Krulle on Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:40 pm

"Turrets SUCK!"

Fails whips out his laser and blasts at the F10 turret.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:12 pm

In space nobody can hear you scream! ;)

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:30 pm

Drat...i thought the spec ops might reveal the square...ok then...

I will Reverse to D6 and fire at F6 to see what happens...(should have done that last turn.)

Spec op 1 -do repairs.

Spec op 2 -continue firing on E3
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:21 pm

Spec ops votes:

1 Fires on E3 twice.

2 Fires on f10.

Zigit
Likes to Contribute

Post by Zigit » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:49 am

"I regret nothing!" Ka'a dives at the turret in F10.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:25 am

Dives? So you are entering F10? Sorry, bit tired and confused. ;)

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:00 am

Ramming speed...

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:53 pm

I vote for Ka'as to repair himself again.

Zigit
Likes to Contribute

Post by Zigit » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:59 pm

It was meant as going out in a blaze of glory, but if people want to be boring I guess he can try healing again....

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:02 pm

Whoops, forgot that you had posted. :oops:

EDIT: Well, at any rate, I vote for Makes to repair himself instead.

Nerre
Game Master

GMSO - Silent Surprise (Turn 6)

Post by Nerre » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:56 pm

OPERATION: SPACE ODYSSEY

Mission 2: Silent Surprise
After the minesweeper crew successfully cleared the huge minefield during Mission Asteroid Slalom, your fleet now has arrived. While they fight big battles, your squad has already a new asignment. A shield generator has been located on a porous asteroid, which protects the enemy's spacestation. While your fleet can wipe out the enemy fleet, it cannot attack the station while it is protected by the powerfull shield.
Since the generator asteroid also is surrounded by a strong shield, only small objects can be teleported in, and only one at a time. Such as a person in a space suit. Your task is to clear the path for a special ops squad that will try to raid the generator base. To make sure most of them arrive, your task is to clear their path. From time to time, you will get special ops members to help you fight hostile forces. They share the teleportation windows with your team, and can move and fight just like you, only with different attributes. Try not to explode mines, as it might attract hostile forces and block possible teleportation windows for spec ops if players have to respawn. You start in turn 0 after all of you have been teleported in.
Turn 6

Information:
- each tile with a number also has an equal amount of red dots in the upper left corner, just in case you cannot read the number cause of the player avatars.
- your blasters have a range of 3 and deal 1 damage (diagonally = 1.5 tiles). You automatically defend yourself, but do not automatically aid somebody or attack. You can shoot while moving.
- you have 5 health. Lost health can be regained by doing a repair action, restoring 2 health per turn. This is a full turn action, no other actions allowed.
- if you can at least fly 1.5 tiles per turn, you can move diagonally (diagonally = 1.5 tiles). If one of the adjacent tiles, which you would have to pass with none-diagonal movement, is an active mine not marked with a beacon, you have a 50% chance to trigger it.
- if you can at least fly 2 tiles per turn, you can pass several tiles per turn or move at 50% speed and still do an attack, repair or place-beacon action.
- if you have more than one attack, you can split them between several targets.
- better spacesuits might have better values.
- You can only deployed on column A-E until somebody reaches a column further to the right, no matter if PC or special ops NPC. Once somebody reached a column, it is then unlocked for deployment for the rest of the game.

Actions:
Comes-too-late flies to B4, which is already explored and safe.
Fails-to-see stays on D10 and fires on turret F10, dealing 1 damage.
Ka's Splaat remains on E11 repairs his suit, regaining 2 hp. The tower on F10 however deals 3 damage to him.
Makes-it-go-boom awakes in the cloning tank. He should decide where he wants to be deployed soon.
Pats-Asteroids flies to D6, which is already explored and safe. He fires at F6, but cannot really see if he hit something, as the smoke of the collapsed tower E8 blocks his view.
Spec ops 1 stays on D8 and fires at the tower on F10 twice, dealing 4 damage. The tower looks damaged now.
Spec ops 2 stays on D4 and fires two times on the tower on E3, dealing 4 damage. The top of the tower where the weapon was mounted collapses. Before being destroyed, tower E3 deals 4 damage to spec ops 2.

Makes-it-go-boom did die, and will now be redeployed.

While the smoke of the 2nd destroyed tower rises, you hear another alarm close by.

Player Chars:.[tabs: Comes]
Name: Comes-too-late
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Fails]
Name: Fails-to-see
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Ka'a]
Name: Ka'a Splaat
Health: 1/6 hp
Attack strength: 1.5 dam
Specializations:
- "Minefield marshaller" (you can place 2 beacons in on round, or move and still place 1 beacon)
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Makes]
Name: Makes-it-go-boom
Health: 1/5 hp
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Pats]
Name: Pats asteroids
Health: 3/5 hp
► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]NPC:.[tabs: Spec ops 1]
Name: Spec ops 1
Health: 3/10 hp
► Show Spoiler
[tabs: Spec ops 2]
Name: Spec ops 2
Health: 6/10 hp
► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]Hostile:.[tabs: Tower E3]
[tabs: Tower E8]
[tabs: Tower F10]
Damage taken: 6.5
[tabs: Tower G4]
Damage taken: 0[/tabs]

unlimited spots left, Please chose a unique name, a unique color and your starting field. There will always be up to 5 player chars on the map.

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Re: GMSO - Silent Surprise (Turn 6)

Post by Runsaround » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:02 pm

Fails flies to C9.

Patdragon
Game Master

Re: GMSO - Silent Surprise (Turn 6)

Post by Patdragon » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:30 pm

Place a flag in D7 and fire at F6 again just because its lasers are cheap to fire :)

Special ops 1 continue fire on F10

Special ops 2 fire on G4
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem