D'Jinn Keeper

Home to all current Forum Games.
Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Re: D'Jinn Keeper

Post by Nolandking » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:20 pm

Vote totals:

A. Upgrade one of your buildings (Designate in your post. Ties will result in a coin toss) [Costs Ten of each resource non-food and non-magic resource] - 0
B. Send out the Orcs to hunt up some Food (Designate what resources you wish them to focus on. Ties result in a coin toss)
(a)- 3 deer (Badgem Donnigan,Chuck)
(b) ÔÇô No preference (Alaen)
C. Repair a Building (Designate which one you'd like to fix) [Costs 10% of the build cost of the Structure]
(a)- 4 Gate (Badge, Gathers,kida, Noland ) - cost 10 Planks, 5 ingots, and 10 Bricks
(b) - 2 lumber camp (donnigan,Chuck) - Cost: 10% of this: [Cost to build: 40 (Any Kind) Planks, 40 (Any Kind) Bricks, At least 4x4 Tiles of space.] (Or Substitute another 40 (Any Kind) Planks in place of (Any Kind) Bricks.]
D. Focus free creatures on gathering more raw materials. - 6 (Badge, Donnigan,2x Alaen,kida, Noland)
E. Order the Gremlins to begin digging tunnels, in preparation for expansion. [Costs twenty Planks and ten Bricks] (May result in more resources being obtained) - 1 (Donnigan)
F. Order Construction on a new building (Specify in your post, ties will be resolved with a coin toss) - 0
G. Begin producing equipment or goods. (Specify specific types, or choose: Tools, Weapons, Armor, Cooked Foods, Building Materials, Random Items, Etc. Coin Toss resolves Ties)
(a) - 4 snares (2x Chuck, Gathers,Noland) - [Cost to build: 5 (Any Kind) Rope, 1 (Any kind) Pole] per snare
(b) - 3 more tools (2x kida, Gathers)
H. Propose and Vote on an option not on this list! The D'jinn Crystal is willing to listen your ideas
(a) 1 Dig a pit, outside, in front of gatehouse (Badge, )
(b) 3 try to locate precious stones/minerals/ores within the tunnels of our home (Gathers, Alaen, Noland)
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:21 pm

GathersIngredients wrote:Chuck, if your guy happens to come across a POT, that would be very useful, because with that, we could makes stews, which are even more efficient than just roasted meat.
If anyone else has requests for my thievery attempt I will add it to my list of priorities. Also the stuff in parenthesis were just examples not specific stuff I was looking for. I was pretty much interpreting it as take the best quality stuff I find that I can carry in those specific fields. But if I find a pot I will make sure that's one of the items I bring back.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:36 pm

Important:
We don't have enough ingots to repair the gate building. (we have 2, we need 5 - and I am going to use one ingot for nail making with my char)
To make more ingots, we would need (ore, which we have and) coal, which we also don't have (not even raw).

We don't have any ROPE yet, and only 3 poles, so we most likely won't be able to make those snares, as lovely as they sound. We might want to try and focus on making some of the following first:
- rope (for the snares, and other stuff)
- more poles (for the snare, for roasting meat, for making bows, and most likely other stuff, too)
- nails (for the tanning rack, which we need to make thin line, which we need to make bows which we need to hunt deer)

We might have to gather resources for some of those first (e.g. grass to make grass rope), so resources we need badly:
vines (to make ropes)
coal (to smelt some ingots)
raw meat (to cook) - not BADLY but our supply isn't going to last forever

@ guys voting to hunt deers:
Did you see that to kill the adult ones you'll need a BOW (which we don't have yet) and for the Juveniles, you'll need a SPEAR or BOW (which we also don't have). So unless you want to try and go for the fawns (which would be a shame, because someday they will grow into something that gives more meat, bones and hide), you might want to reconsider... (rabbits only need ANY weapon and a stone knife to harvest)

CHARACTER ACTION:
So, since I don't see any raw meat (I'm assuming that the 300 units in the food section are already cooked?) on our resource pile, my char is NOT going to try and cook roasted meat.
They are instead going to INVENT A HAMMER (from a brick/stone and a wooden stick/pole/???) and use that to MAKE 25 COPPER NAILS. (dunno how many actions that uses up)
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:37 pm

This obsidian thing looks really handy. If you guys want to private message me some e-mails, I'll invite you into the campaign and give you the ability to modify your characters portraits and Bios. This is probably also where I'll be moving recipes and spells to, when I finally don't have to stress over them too much. Will be much easier to navigate than a forum post.

Yes, once food is added to the "Foodstocks", it's stuck there and can't be extracted as anything else. Raw Meats and Plants gathered from Foraging or Hunting will be thrown into the list as ingredients first, where they will last for 1d4 weeks, before risking rot.

Also.. you guys should remember that you can spend action points to attempt to invent new things, or discover new recipes. Right now, there's two recipes that you guys have ALL of the ingredients for, but don't know yet. One is a weapon, one is a new recipe to make something you don't have, but need. A component.

Also, for Action Points:

Each Action Point pretty much covers one "Goal".

For instance, You want to make some nails, smelt some ore into ingots, and craft some swords. This is all one action point.

You want to make some nails, go fishing, and go dig a pit. This is three action points.

Alternatively, you want to make some Thin Line, make a Long Pole, make a Hook, combine them into a Fishing Rod, and then go Fishing. That is one Action Point.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:45 pm

Vote totals:

A. Upgrade one of your buildings (Designate in your post. Ties will result in a coin toss) [Costs Ten of each resource non-food and non-magic resource] - 0
B. Send out the Orcs to hunt up some Food (Designate what resources you wish them to focus on. Ties result in a coin toss)
(a) - 2 deer (Badgem,Chuck)
(b) ÔÇô 2 No preference (Alaen, Donnigan)
C. Repair a Building (Designate which one you'd like to fix) [Costs 10% of the build cost of the Structure]
(a)- 3 Gate (Badge, Gathers,kida ) - cost 10 Planks, 5 ingots, and 10 Bricks -> We got the planks and the bricks, but NOT ENOUGH INGOTS
(b) - 2 lumber camp (Donnigan, Chuck) - Cost: 10% of this: [Cost to build: 40 (Any Kind) Planks, 40 (Any Kind) Bricks, At least 4x4 Tiles of space.] (Or Substitute another 40 (Any Kind) Planks in place of (Any Kind) Bricks.]
D. Focus free creatures on gathering more raw materials. - 5 (Badge, Donnigan, 2x Alaen, kida)
E. Order the Gremlins to begin digging tunnels, in preparation for expansion. [Costs twenty Planks and ten Bricks] (May result in more resources being obtained) - 1 (Donnigan)
F. Order Construction on a new building (Specify in your post, ties will be resolved with a coin toss) - 0
G. Begin producing equipment or goods. (Specify specific types, or choose: Tools, Weapons, Armor, Cooked Foods, Building Materials, Random Items, Etc. Coin Toss resolves Ties)
(a) - 3 snares (2x Chuck, Gathers) - [Cost to build: 5 (Any Kind) Rope, 1 (Any kind) Pole] per snare
(b) - 3 more tools (2x kida, Gathers)
H. Propose and Vote on an option not on this list! The D'jinn Crystal is willing to listen your ideas
(a) 1 Dig a pit, outside, in front of gatehouse (Badge, )
(b) 2 try to locate precious stones/minerals/ores within the tunnels of our home (Gathers, Alaen)

The Deer part is actually something good to mention. Changed to Whatever we can get. Maybe Larvae and stuff?

Also, I really think that the Lumber Camp would help more than the Gate House, especially since we have the stuff for it.
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:55 pm

thunteater wrote:Also.. you guys should remember that you can spend action points to attempt to invent new things, or discover new recipes. Right now, there's two recipes that you guys have ALL of the ingredients for, but don't know yet. One is a weapon, one is a new recipe to make something you don't have, but need. A component.
evil taunting, I love it. Thats gonna bug me. I'm guessing spear?
Also, for Action Points:

Each Action Point pretty much covers one "Goal".

For instance, You want to make some nails, smelt some ore into ingots, and craft some swords. This is all one action point.

You want to make some nails, go fishing, and go dig a pit. This is three action points.

Alternatively, you want to make some Thin Line, make a Long Pole, make a Hook, combine them into a Fishing Rod, and then go Fishing. That is one Action Point.
Ok for things like scouting which I had originally decided to spend 2 actions on. I'm assuming I could do it in 1 now but would 2 expand the area I scout? Also how much area would 1 or 2 scouts get me?
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:57 pm

I will change all of my votes to H. (a)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:00 pm

Vote totals:

(a) - 1 deer (Chuck)
(a)- 2 Gate (Noland, kida ) - cost 10 Planks, 5 ingots, and 10 Bricks -> We got the planks and the bricks, but NOT ENOUGH INGOTS
(b) - 3 lumber camp (Donnigan, Gathers, Chuck) - Cost: 10% of this: [Cost to build: 40 (Any Kind) Planks, 40 (Any Kind) Bricks, At least 4x4 Tiles of space.] (Or Substitute another 40 (Any Kind) Planks in place of (Any Kind) Bricks.]
D. Focus free creatures on gathering more raw materials. - 6 (Donnigan, 2x Alaen, kida, Gathers, Noland)
E. Order the Gremlins to begin digging tunnels, in preparation for expansion. [Costs twenty Planks and ten Bricks] (May result in more resources being obtained) - 1 (Donnigan, Gathers)
(a) - 3 snares (2x Chuck, Noland) - [Cost to build: 5 (Any Kind) Rope, 1 (Any kind) Pole] per snare
(b) - 2 more tools (2x kida,)
(a) 4 Dig a pit, outside, in front of gatehouse (Badge *4 )
(b) 3 try to locate precious stones/minerals/ores/coal within the tunnels/walls of our home (Gathers, Alaen, Noland)

Switched vote from producing snares (which we don't have the ropes for) and more tools (which we don't even know what we need for) to resource gathering (D) and digging new tunels (we might find raw coal) and with repairing a building (C) I moved my vote there from gate (which we don't have enough ingots for) to lumber camp.
ChuckDaRighteous wrote:
thunteater wrote:Also.. you guys should remember that you can spend action points to attempt to invent new things, or discover new recipes. Right now, there's two recipes that you guys have ALL of the ingredients for, but don't know yet. One is a weapon, one is a new recipe to make something you don't have, but need. A component.
evil taunting, I love it. Thats gonna bug me. I'm guessing spear?
My guess is: hammer. (possibly from a pole and a brick?) I've edited my Character action, as I am assuming a hammer would be useful to make nails...
► Show Spoiler

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:02 pm

Donnigan/gathers - you removed the votes of nolandking

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:06 pm

kida wrote:Donnigan/gathers - you removed the votes of nolandking
Thanks for bringing this to my notice. I fixed it (in my own post). :thumbsup:
► Show Spoiler

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:23 pm

Yes ÔÇô we definitely need a better voting system in the forum ;)

Vote totals:

(a) - 1 deer (Chuck)
(a)- 1 Gate (Noland ) - cost 10 Planks, 5 ingots, and 10 Bricks -> We got the planks and the bricks, but NOT ENOUGH INGOTS
(b) - 3 lumber camp (Donnigan, Gathers, Chuck) - Cost: 10% of this: [Cost to build: 40 (Any Kind) Planks, 40 (Any Kind) Bricks, At least 4x4 Tiles of space.] (Or Substitute another 40 (Any Kind) Planks in place of (Any Kind) Bricks.]
D. Focus free creatures on gathering more raw materials. - 6 (Donnigan, 2x Alaen, kida, Gathers, Noland)
E. Order the Gremlins to begin digging tunnels, in preparation for expansion. [Costs twenty Planks and ten Bricks] (May result in more resources being obtained) - 5 (Donnigan, Gathers, 3xkida)
(a) - 3 snares (2x Chuck, Noland) - [Cost to build: 5 (Any Kind) Rope, 1 (Any kind) Pole] per snare
(b) - 0 more tools ()
(a) 4 Dig a pit, outside, in front of gatehouse (Badge *4 )
(b) 3 try to locate precious stones/minerals/ores/coal within the tunnels/walls of our home (Gathers, Alaen, Noland)

Switched my votes from more tools & gate to expanding and maybe finding new resources.
thunteater wrote: This Week ends on: 03/27/14 (At 0:00:00 EST[Midnight])
IÔÇÖm always confused by this. Is it the night between 03/27 to 03/28 or the night between 03/26 to 03/27?
Also will you lock the votes then or lock the votes before and already post the next week?

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:27 pm

kida wrote: IÔÇÖm always confused by this. Is it the night between 03/27 to 03/28 or the night between 03/26 to 03/27?
Also will you lock the votes than or lock the votes before and already post the next week?

As soon as it hits 03/27, so Thursday Morning, at Midnight (Date changes from 03/26 to 03/27).

At that point, votes will be locked, Rolls will be done, and I will post as soon as possible.

If you guys ever want to end votes early, you can certainly post a request to do so, as well. As long as it's unanimous, I'll do it. I.e. If all ten of you voted to end voting, voting would end the instant the tenth player posted asking for it to be ended, and I'd do all the rolls and get the post up as soon as possible.

I should also point out, with Voting, Your Votes are worth only 1 Vote each. When you do multiple Votes, what you're trying to do, is to designate MORE resources than the default 25%.

So, for instance, badge is voting 4x digging a pit. This wouldn't be 4 votes, but would be 1 vote, with him voting to push ALL of the current monsters available to dig the pit. Basically it's One vote to have 100% of the creatures dig a pit. Remember, the D'jinn needs the Majority Conscientious to issue commands to his minions.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:37 pm

ok - so IMO votes tally should look like:

Vote totals:

(a) - 1 deer (Chuck)
(a)- 1 Gate (Noland ) - cost 10 Planks, 5 ingots, and 10 Bricks -> We got the planks and the bricks, but NOT ENOUGH INGOTS
D. Focus free creatures on gathering more raw materials. - 5 (Donnigan, Alaen(x2), kida, Gathers, Noland)
E. Order the Gremlins to begin digging tunnels, in preparation for expansion. [Costs twenty Planks and ten Bricks] (May result in more resources being obtained) - 3 (Donnigan, Gathers, kida(x3))
(a) - 2 snares (Chuck(x2), Noland) - [Cost to build: 5 (Any Kind) Rope, 1 (Any kind) Pole] per snare
(b) - 0 more tools ()
(a) 1 Dig a pit, outside, in front of gatehouse (Badge (x4) )

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:44 pm

thunteater wrote:If you guys ever want to end votes early, you can certainly post a request to do so, as well. As long as it's unanimous, I'll do it. I.e. If all ten of you voted to end voting, voting would end the instant the tenth player posted asking for it to be ended, and I'd do all the rolls and get the post up as soon as possible.
Normally I'd be all for this but at the moment we all seem to be uncoordinated.

I should also point out, with Voting, Your Votes are worth only 1 Vote each. When you do multiple Votes, what you're trying to do, is to designate MORE resources than the default 25%.

So, for instance, badge is voting 4x digging a pit. This wouldn't be 4 votes, but would be 1 vote, with him voting to push ALL of the current monsters available to dig the pit. Basically it's One vote to have 100% of the creatures dig a pit. Remember, the D'jinn needs the Majority Conscientious to issue commands to his minions.
Sorta realized that but man is this going to make voting complicated.

And actually I'd suggest for votes something more like:

D. Focus free creatures on gathering more raw materials. - 5/1 (Donnigan, Alaen(x2), kida, Gathers, Noland)

5 representing 5 votes for 25% and 1 representing 1 vote for another 25%
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:49 pm

25% increase seems like too much.

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:53 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:25% increase seems like too much.
Each "Vote" you're using is basically telling the D'jinn "I think we should dedicate 25% of your minions to this action". It makes a huge difference to yields and success, on larger-scale actions. For instance, when creatures are Foraging, each creature will be performing a Skill Check with their Foraging Skill, to determine if, and what, they find, and how much. Five creatures are almost always going to find less than ten.

When it comes to combat, it's more bodies in combat, as well.

Just want to confirm that I have the following Actions so far:

Alaen ┬╗

I'll use my actions to look for gems or gold.

kida ┬╗

IÔÇÖll use 2 actions to go explore the mines and try to discover new resources using my high perception

ChuckDaRighteous ┬╗

2 actions I will scout further out into the nearby area for settlements. I will focus on doing so stealthily.

If I find a poorly defended village (will not do if all I find is heavily guarded cities):
1 action stealing resources from the village. I will focus on doing so stealthily. I will have a priority towards finding:
-tools/weapons (shovels, hammers, axes, etc)
-pack(s) to carry stuff in
-anything magic related (unlikely from a lowly village but I won't snub my nose at it)

I'd also like to take a Rotted Doghide Jerkin and soapstone knife to help in case of trouble for both actions. Also I'm going to bring along another orc for both actions just in case of trouble and to carry more stuff if I do find stuff to steal.

GathersIngredients ┬╗

They are instead going to INVENT A HAMMER (from a brick/stone and a wooden stick/pole/???) and use that to MAKE 25 COPPER NAILS. (dunno how many actions that uses up)

Donnigan,

Inhabiting a Minotaur and feeling the Hunger of the Herbavore, will organize any Minotaur not working to range throughout the Mines and Forest to Harvest the Mushrooms and Lichens there. Larvae are just an Extra Bonus. He will also Weave Extra Baskets out of Grasses nearby to Increase Yields.

2 Actions: Weaving Baskets out of Wild Grasses.
5 Actions: Gathering Mature Mushrooms and Mature Lichens, maybe Larvae if they are in the area.

If I missed yours, please Private Message me, so I can add it.
Last edited by thunteater on Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:07 pm

thunteater wrote:
ChuckDaRighteous wrote: Ok for things like scouting which I had originally decided to spend 2 actions on. I'm assuming I could do it in 1 now but would 2 expand the area I scout? Also how much area would 1 or 2 scouts get me?
2 Action points would let you do two different scouting actions for that week, so you'd either scout the same location twice, or discover a new one to scout.
[/quote]
Ok originally I thought scouting would reveal what locations (plural) were in an area. (I'd walk/skulk around and see a mountain over there, a lake over there, and a city over there with 1 scout and a second scout would have me walk/skulk a little further) As I'm understanding it now, 1 scout = 1 new location discovered, and its not necessarily going to be the raid-able settlement I'm looking for, but it could be a location of use like an apple orchard we could harvest from. So I'm modifying my actions under the new understanding.

I will scout twice minimum. If I do not find a settlement I deem easily raid-able enough in the first 2, I will scout again, and if similar results again. I will spend no more than 4 scout actions total. Then I will raid the most raid-able settlement if a raid-able poorly-defended-enough one is found.

Hopefully I'm understanding this correctly now. If not you owe me a bottle of aspirin. (then again with all the questions/work we all probably owe you one)

Also since I've now committed a ridiculous amount of AP already, I'll spend another one inventing. One question though, would trying to back engineer a found item provide any bonus to inventing success? (preferably without disassembly or destruction) if so I will invent a random item I find to add it to our blue prints. If there is no bonus, then I invent the spear since someone else is already doing hammer.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:18 pm

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:
thunteater wrote:
ChuckDaRighteous wrote: Ok for things like scouting which I had originally decided to spend 2 actions on. I'm assuming I could do it in 1 now but would 2 expand the area I scout? Also how much area would 1 or 2 scouts get me?
2 Action points would let you do two different scouting actions for that week, so you'd either scout the same location twice, or discover a new one to scout.
Ok originally I thought scouting would reveal what locations (plural) were in an area. (I'd walk/skulk around and see a mountain over there, a lake over there, and a city over there with 1 scout and a second scout would have me walk/skulk a little further) As I'm understanding it now, 1 scout = 1 new location discovered, and its not necessarily going to be the raid-able settlement I'm looking for, but it could be a location of use like an apple orchard we could harvest from. So I'm modifying my actions under the new understanding.

I will scout twice minimum. If I do not find a settlement I deem easily raid-able enough in the first 2, I will scout again, and if similar results again. I will spend no more than 4 scout actions total. Then I will raid the most raid-able settlement if a raid-able poorly-defended-enough one is found. [/quote] 1 Scout = What you find is TOTALLY based on the die. It will utilize your perception and Foraging Skills to determine. You could find one town or village, or you could find a cache of ancient weapons, another dungeon, and a source of a new material, all at once. Stealth is used to determine whether you attract any attention during the scout, and whether you're followed back.

Two Scouts will basically make it so that you go out on two separate "Days" scouting, so two of all of the above checks. Note that if you are too heavily injured on the first scout, I will -not- make your character go out scouting again, and risk him dying from that. I'll happily let you guys kill your own characters, but I'm not going to kill them with mechanics. I want every character death to be "Well, I certainly didn't expect that to go that direction" or "Bite off more than I could chew there". Instead, I'll refund the extra AP and he'll return home to nurse his wounds, or be dragged back.

I also want to remind you all that being reduced to 0 HP simply means you're unconscious. Now, where you fall unconscious determines whether you'll be able to be dragged back to the Dungeon or not, but you'll need to lose ~10 HP before your creature fully dies. Some creatures will stop attacking you when you reach 0, some will continue and eat you, or loot you.

Also since I've now committed a ridiculous amount of AP already, I'll spend another one inventing. One question though, would trying to back engineer a found item provide any bonus to inventing success? (preferably without disassembly or destruction) if so I will invent a random item I find to add it to our blue prints. If there is no bonus, then I invent the spear since someone else is already doing hammer.
Reverse-Engineering -always- gives a bonus to the research (Which is based on rolling your relevant crafting skill). Even failed Research will still give you a little information, and repeated attempts at -any- task (provided it's the same exact task and done soon enough) will result in a bonus to succeeding the next time. Crit failure on Reverse-Engineering can result in things being destroyed however. On the up hand, reverse-engineering something you -already- know how to make.. can result in it costing less resources (or discovering improvements) for that blueprint.

Case in point. You Grab a fishing pole. You guys already know how to make it. You decide you're going to reverse-engineer it, see how it ticks, see if you can improve on it. You succeed, and learn that you can make it not only cost less resources by doing certain things, but also that you can make it more accurate, give it more durability, and make it easier to catch fish, by adding a certain object onto it. (And yes, this is kinda a hint as to two researches keyed to the Fishing Pole)

Also, having the Blueprint for the base item gives a small bonus to inventing enhancements for it.

I will also give bonuses to research/invention attempts that actually use the -REAL LIFE- way things are built/refined in the fluff. Remember, your characters come from the real world, it's okay to cheat a little and "invent" things that were already invented in your world.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:32 pm

Ok so if I can make multiple discoveries per scout change it to max 3 scouts instead of 4. Still min 2.
thunteater wrote:I will also give bonuses to research/invention attempts that actually use the -REAL LIFE- way things are built/refined in the fluff. Remember, your characters come from the real world, it's okay to cheat a little and "invent" things that were already invented in your world.
I come from the year 3672. I invent the plasma torpedo. Game over. >:D
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:34 pm

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:Ok so if I can make multiple discoveries per scout change it to max 3 scouts instead of 4. Still min 2.
thunteater wrote:I will also give bonuses to research/invention attempts that actually use the -REAL LIFE- way things are built/refined in the fluff. Remember, your characters come from the real world, it's okay to cheat a little and "invent" things that were already invented in your world.

"You manage to invent it, however you lack the rest of the technology required to actually make one. You estimate it will take you roughly 12,000 years, with your current facilities, to research the necessary materials to test your invention."
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:39 pm

thunteater wrote:
ChuckDaRighteous wrote:

"You manage to invent it, however you lack the rest of the technology required to actually make one. You estimate it will take you roughly 12,000 years, with your current facilities, to research the necessary materials to test your invention."
shush, we're from the future, we an cheat!
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:39 pm

Donnigan wrote:Donnigan, Inhabiting a Minotaur and feeling the Hunger of the Herbavore, will organize any Minotaur not working to range throughout the Mines and Forest to Harvest the Mushrooms and Lichens there. Larvae are just an Extra Bonus. He will also Weave Extra Baskets out of Grasses nearby to Increase Yields.

2 Actions: Weaving Baskets out of Wild Grasses.
5 Actions: Gathering Mature Mushrooms and Mature Lichens, maybe Larvae if they are in the area.
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:41 pm

I'm so confused right now :?
► Show Spoiler

thunteater
Of Few Words

Post by thunteater » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:44 pm

Added yours, Donnigan.
D'jinn Keeper Stuff:
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:29 pm

Options B (mushrooms and larvae with baskets), D, F(construction of a Library), G(make cooked good)

As for my choices might join chuck with the exploring (can either go with him or not)

Otherwise how is magic learned, do i need to just say i'm practicing magic or do i need to find a book or something first,

(Would talking to the D'jinn count as leaning magic and learning of this world/ Would like to try and learn enchantment spells first to increase quality of material, work efficiency and eventually things that might control intruders when they enter. )

Ok so May choice is

3 Explore with Chuck For a few rounds or on own if he doesn't want me, (i will be looking out for places that might have books, or magics)

4 Meditate in D'jinn chamber on spell lore....and enchantments.
Last edited by Patdragon on Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:38 pm, edited 9 times in total.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem