The Sundered Way - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: The Sundered Way - OOC

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:32 pm

It's not a matter of repairing it.

Hey spider, Can zephyr use the full plate as is, or would it need to be sized down?

it's a 100gp cost, but if you can provide your own silver, I think that helps with the amount of money it costs.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:36 pm

Could well do. I think it still takes time though (20 days, RAW it looks like).

Ok, well if her desired armor isn't broken, then NVM :) I think there was a set or two that were damaged though, right? Nem was practicing repairing that kind of thing I think (see her montage spoiler) so if it's possible to do that to get a better price for us, she'll try before we visit the merchants.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:40 pm

Hit those greataxes too with mend. They were a bit rough.

The plate armor is big money (1500 gold) if they are serviceable.

There should be 3 sets and two of the will definitely be damaged. Dornikal and co saw to that.

Edit: though they were pretty ramshackle if I remember correctly

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:41 pm

Ulmwin could help out with the mending if required. :)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:45 pm

Since we're discussing it though, would anyone else of the group need or want to use full plate? Randy, Holger?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:45 pm

Sounds good. Mending is just a cantrip, so it depends what you did to them! Actually, it also has a material component of two lodestones... Don't suppose Dornikal can rustle those up?

"This spell repairs a single break or tear in an object you touch, such as broken chain link, two halves of a broken key, a torn cloak, or a leaking wineskin. As long as the break or tear is no larger than 1 foot in any dimension, you mend it, leaving no trace of the former damage.
This spell can physically repair a magic item or construct, but the spell can't restore magic to such an object."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:50 pm

He probably normally could find some lodestones but not right now. Maybe we can check the caravan wagons we have for some? Spider, we have any of those?

Everyone in plate would be great. 4 characters with AC 19+ would be a challenge though!

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:51 pm

We only have enough plate suits for 3, and we have one suit of half-plate.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:53 pm

Dornikal has a naked AC of 17 so with a shield he is pretty tanky without the armor. Besides he can't rage with heavy armor.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:21 pm

Maji has no use for any armour. Maji wants to see what the trader has as well, to try to get some components to make healing potions, and other things.

Also to be evil, he needs to pay with copper/silver pieces. :p

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:28 pm

BadgeAddict wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:45 pm Since we're discussing it though, would anyone else of the group need or want to use full plate? Randy, Holger?
Randy can't go any higher than his breast plate and shield without taking a penalty with dexterity, which compromises several things, including his To Hit. If he wants anything tankier, it will either need to be magic or elven.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:34 pm

The orc plate was rather cobbled together, so isn't likely to pull down full value if sold, even repaired. But, it could serve as a starting point for a smith to adapt it to fit someone.

Lodestones needed for mending can be circumvented by use of an arcane focus, or a component pouch (which apparently has a couple of tiny ones in it), since they don't have a cost listed.

@Randy, Wearing heavy armor that doesn't allow a +DEX to AC doesn't affect your DEX attack modifier as such. However, as a ranger, you're only proficient with light and medium armors. If you try using heavy, you'd be subject to the following. "If you wear armor that you lack proficiency with, you have disadvantage on any ability check, saving throw, or Attack roll that involves Strength or Dexterity, and you can’t cast Spells."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:02 pm

Ah ok. Nem is using a component pouch (I guess she bought one in town?) but I wasn't sure if you wanted her to go and find what she needs each time. Some folk find it fun, others tedious :D

In terms of armour, Nem is light only, so she's aiming to get her DEX boosted asap and never be at the front. Also, you can't sneak without disadvantage in the heavier armours so that's something to bear in mind for future scouting / infiltration operations.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:07 pm

Mithral armor for sneaky!

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:52 pm

That would be nice. Bit pricey though.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:46 pm

I think Coljin could go full plate without any penalty

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:48 pm

NotStickFigures wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:46 pm I think Coljin could go full plate without any penalty
Yes, Life Domain gets Heavy Armor proficiency, so you'd be set. Think it would be just you and Zephyr that could really benefit from heavy armor without taking additional classes/feats.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:20 am

Dornikal is trying to setup a plan to help Szartha make something back on this disasterous trip like a good employee.

That being said the group has at least a wagon full of trade goods that are worth more in the west that would be good to trade out. Dornikal won't offer up these goods if the group is not interested.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:43 am

Hmmm.... I may have underestimated the costs of copying an entire spellbook. Oh well. spider, it's 50GP per wizard spell, including cantrips, right? I guess I need to copy any rituals over as well if I want to be able to use them as rituals?

I'll check the requirements for any costly components too...

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:54 am

If everyone really wants magic items so much maybe we should go to Torfelna instead? It will probably have more magic stuff available, but Estmont is bigger.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:54 am

50 gp per spell level, cantrips are fully ingrained, you wouldn't need to copy those, you know them without need to prep. If you want to use a new spellbook to cast rituals, you'd want them in there too.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:46 am

Gotcha, ok that's better. Not sure why I thought I'd have to copy cantrips... Anyway, that's still a bunch of money, but at least it's better!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:05 pm

Ulmwin already has a pearl to csat Identify with, right? Would he mind sharing it with Nem?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:45 pm

Yes.

Seriously though, it'd be fine. He might take it as a cue to eventually unlearn identify though, because while Tess can do it with little issues, it takes up a valuable spell slot for Ulmwin.

Speaking about Tess... Did she ever break her heritage to the group as a whole, or have just a select few figured it out/have it gotten revealed to? Ulmwin's rolled badly every time the subject got brought up so unless it's the latter he's probably still clueless. :P

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:56 pm

She's still keeping it fairly quiet as long as there are new people in the group, but she's not really hiding it from the original cast. If Ulmwin ever would have joined her and Holger for instance, she's unlikely to have been disguising her eyes and you'd probably have noticed.

Same goes for everyone else - she'd be looking to keep it private, but not really secret any more.

Otherwise, I think Holger, Randy and Maji are the only ones it's come up with IC.