DND Ashren OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Quarg

Re: DND Ashren OOC

Post by Quarg » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:45 pm

We have two against one at the human for the moment...I am all for charging him in close quarters combat...though it would be damn foolish actually...

Alright, I am about to use my special and vanish for two turns unless someone has something better planned...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:53 pm

Posted.

In for a penny...in for a pound.

Edit: tonight would be a good night for me to do multiple postings on this if needed so we can get through this fight.

Double Edit: can you tell me why my bluff attempt did not work? Also, question: is it possible to use the power attack feat and smite evil in the same attack
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:08 pm

I'm wondering if really you should push him off while I cast acid splash on the donkey and get our enemy spread out a bit so we can attack them in uneven numbers...

But I think grabbing the armed thief for that is key...

Also, no posts tomorrow except early tomorrow morning...going back in time this Saturday....

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:20 pm

I dont know how this game will be run, but I was thinking about something tonight.

I haven't played dnd in a long time, but I also played back before 2nd ed came out. To me that was back in a time when rp'ing actually had an effect on what happened in the game and was not just like "background music". It might be tactically advantageous for me to trip him into an acid splash, but Tokryn wouldn't know that (and might not consent).

I want to do things that cause me to work well with the rest of the party, but I dont want to sacrifice the richness of rp'ing I remember in order to "win" by the numbers.

I guess what I am saying is I want to try to strategize in here, but I am admitting that I will ignore things we discuss in here if I feel like it goes against something Tokryn would do (even if it seems beneficial) in order to maintain a consistency in representing Tokryn and rping. Saying that may seem to open the door to "everybody do whatever they want", but if the goal is to be a group together and go forward with our individual characters, I see no reason we cant do both and have this be more than a chess game with lots of math and rules.

Just my thoughts.

Thanks

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:56 pm

This is a check in just to keep this game fresh in everyone's mind...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:21 pm

Im chalking the staleness up to holidays. Maybe we will get rolling at the end of the week?

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:47 pm

still waiting on the gm update, did already post. seems to be the holidays. :)
:zzz:

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:20 pm

Sorry, I couldn't update due to two 12 hour shifts and a lack of internet. Sometimes during the weekend I can't get access to the web so if I suddenly disappear for a little bit thats why.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:35 pm

Just take your time. But letting us now is fine. :)
:zzz:

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:48 pm

Sorry you had to work 12s. They suck. Not as bad as 24s, but bad enough. Look forward to seeing you back around when you get time.

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:12 pm

Yea, I usually only work 8 so it was a bit tiring for me.

Anyway to your post I agree. I think people sometimes keep rping and their fighting actions apart but it's really the best time to show who you are etc. I hope you guys don't mind that sometimes I add details to make the fight more interesting. Should I have your character do something you don't agree with let me know and i'll change it.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:18 pm

I actually like the added details. I am curious why my bluff failed when I rolled so high (if you dont mind explaining that).

Tokryn will be the last to pick gear of what is left and, if nobody else wants to come along, will insist that the man gets locked up inside the cage so he can transport him to turn him in to some kind of authorities (unless someone suggests a better idea for punishment.) He wont be worried about the lone hobgoblin coming back with the way that we pretty much just annihilated that group.

So I guess this is where we either stick together or fall apart as a group. I vote for the former, but expect everyone to do what they think is best for their character.

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:25 pm

You had some pretty steep penelties on you due to how much you were asking. The human was pretty wary of the elf and didn't want to let her hands be free. Even with your high roll it was quite enough to beat the dc I set ( but you were pretty close.)
You also had some penelties when you asked to go inside the cage but they weren't as big and the dc wasnt incredibly high either.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:36 pm

Well Adrena, who will apply the Code in this matter, will
A) Want to know if the human has sold other elves
B) Deal with him if he has...though she's likely going to deal with him anyway...
C) Suggest that they travel to someplace to sell the donkey and divide the proceeds between them...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:31 am

I feel like Bob's question was directed to me, but I am holding off answering because I want everyone to have a chance to post actions and stuff. I am also trying to decide what to do next.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:40 am

I thought our human captor was wearing chain mail?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:43 am

corrected

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:50 am

Just clarifying some stuff.

The mace and shields shouldn't be on the human as I said I moved them away.

I am obviously looking at the necklace.

I would be interested in the chain mail, but isn't it human sized and therefore not wearable by me?

Depending on whether we stay together or not, I would be interested in keeping the mace. The money, spells, wand, and other things I am not really interested in.

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:03 am

Yes the shield and weapon is away from the human.
Info on the necklace next update.
Human size, to big for you to wear the vest.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:11 am

Er...how many feet of rope do we have? I noticed that everyone had been previously tied up

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:12 am

4 ropes with the length of 10 feet. Editted in.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:23 am

Im also going to say in here (I can say it IC if needed) we should probably move the dead off into the woods rather than just leave them out in the open.

Im not going to say we have to bury them, but I think we should do something with the bodies.

Edit: I also missed the chest. I guess thats what the silver key goes to. Maybe some of our original gear is in there?

We definitely should move to a place other than "the middle of the frikin road" to divide up the rest of the loot unless people just want to lay claim to stuff now.

Also please let me know if I am being overbearing. I am not trying to be in control or party leader or anything. Im just sort of thinking out loud in here. I will defer to the direction of whatever party leader this group decides to elect.

Also Im sorry for posting frequently rght after an update comes out. What can I say...Im a refresh monkey.
Last edited by SGTdude on Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:51 am

Well realize Adrena wants to get moving so she's going to sort of step in just to get people moving...though she likely will acquiesce to most protests about things...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:21 am

Just wanted to mention that Tokryn swooped up the coin in response to Adrena's suggestion so it could be split later. I have no intention of keeping it from the group, and may even give up my share. I picked up the hammer because it seemed interesting to me and was going to put it with the other loot, but once I sensed evil stain on it, I felt like it was appropriate to find out more about it and see if it can be returned, or used for good. Or something.

I just want to make sure I am doing my part to not contribute to creating a looting race.

thx

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:30 am

It wasn't meant to be accusing, just a bit of a look into what my character takes note of. :)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread