Betting Pool: The Next To Die

Discuss the comic here!
Unlucky-for-Some
Enjoys Chitchat

Re: Betting Pool: The Next To Die

Post by Unlucky-for-Some » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:19 pm

That's an interesting thought - I had forgotten about the three 'drow' players ... technically they might count as friends to F+M (although less likely K). I wonder if one of them might now come back as a dwarf and end up fighting Forgath...
All hail the power of the stick!

Master TMO
Speaks Quietly

Post by Master TMO » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:01 am

Next to die?: Onyx, when the machine restores Psimax at Position Zero? It may also kill Psimax (the easy way), or his 'denser material' body may be tough enough to withstand it.

shikashaker
Mumbles Incoherently
UStream Username: Shikashaker

Post by shikashaker » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:37 pm

Sushulana wrote:The next to die?

I dunno, following this a page a week, sometimes it feels like the next to die will be me.
This was epic XD I actually lol'd reading this!

- Even though he was meant to die previously Big Ears can't be next because of his axe... Else Kore would steal it and free the Demon... which actually wouldn't be bad for us! My enemy's enemy is my friend, and Kore would surely fight him in his crusade against evil... Perhaps during the fight our heroes could take chance to run for their lives!
- Forgath can't be the next since Symon (the spider) would need time to befriend the new Forgath... (or probably the other way round XD)
- Surely Dies and Minmax will become friends and fight Duv, I'd bet all my dnd pc's money on that. And who knows, perhaps those friends will become foes just after a long adventuring life together...
- Dies will have some critical part in fighting Duv, Savesafox might die (she was so close so many times since we know her!) even though I wouldn't know what could kill her, seems like danger is over for now... Junior maybe? I would like to follow GAP's adventures next though, not Junior's ones...
- Thaco's had his revenge and he can die peacefully, even if that would make Complains suffer, as he is his father and he recently lost Chief... Also this would make him rightful chief of the clan.
- Fumbles? That would be sad but actually he would be pretty heroic, and I think Fumbles IS actually the most heroic of the GAP.

So my ideas are Big Ears, Saves a Fox, Thaco or Fumbles...
And out of these 4? I'll probably go with Thaco. Time for Complains to grow up a bit... >:?
When the serpent becomes your prey,
friends will become enemies and love will fuel hate.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:49 am

Dies Horribly, as the chiefs of the Clan of the Cryptic Falls have a tendency to die in this comic.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards
STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
it's fully funded, and all realistic stretch goals reached!

Unlucky-for-Some
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Unlucky-for-Some » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:17 am

Krulle wrote:Dies Horribly, as the chiefs of the Clan of the Cryptic Falls have a tendency to die in this comic.

They don't have a great track record do they? :)

friedkitty
Voices Opinions

Post by friedkitty » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:49 am

I guess Ruby, giving Onyx a grief stricken anger fueled fight against a resurrected Psimax, who splishks her while Sapphire tries to figure out what is going on, just before MM kills Psimax twice.

Master TMO
Speaks Quietly

Post by Master TMO » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:02 am

I'm wondering about the Altsplanations and the comic. Is it expected that all readers are familiar with the stories contained, and that they replace exposition within the comic? So if somebody dies and suddenly Sapphire can't remember they even existed. If the Altsplanations are extras, bonus information, then that quirk of Sapphire's would be pretty confusing to a reader who doesn't know her backstory. Which means THunt either has to devote comic space to explaining it, or it just flat-out won't appear in or affect the comic story in any significant way.

Andolynne
Remains Silent

Post by Andolynne » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:20 am

vonpenguin wrote:I don't think so. "When the serpent becomes your prey friends will become enemies and love will fuel hate." I think this means that Minmax and Forgath are after the "white terror" meaning Duv, meaning Viper, "Friends will become enemies", either those three idiots next characters will fight Forgath, minmax, and Kin, or Dies and the GAP will but heads for some reason, "love will fuel hate" Dies arm loves him and therefore hates everything else.

But back on topic. I would be least surprised by Biscuit, too new, or Thaco, cool old guy always dies.
Oh, I'm sorry. Did Thunt reveal the meaning behind the prophecy when I was off having a snack or something? My mistake.
The prophecy's outcome is still in debate, so my explanation and thus my reasoning is just as valid as the next. We won't know until Thunt reveals it in the comic, so in the meantime, please don't try to correct my opinion. If you want to debate it, do it in the thread about the prophecy. I only brought it up because it tied in with who I thought would die.
► Show Spoiler

But yeah, I can totally see Biscuit dying in the next few chapters. I think Thaco is going to hang on for a while, at least until after the Cryptic Falls chief issue is solved.

notimportant
Whispers Softly
UStream Username: not_important

Post by notimportant » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:11 pm

I think Kin will end up in an oblivion hole before they exit the dungeon. Does that count as dying?

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:12 pm

It certainty counts as killing Thunt's efforts to build a relationship between his characters. Does that count as sucking?
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Zeromant
Remains Silent

Post by Zeromant » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:33 pm

Baahhh, you're all blind fools. Kore is a version of Forgath, possibly a former maze of many winner who came back to the wrong world. Kore will target kin her being a 'monster' and the seer couldn't tell kore from forgath., them being sorta the same person. That's my thoughts on this.

arkayn
Remains Silent

Post by arkayn » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:09 pm

How about Psimax again.

RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Post by RidcullyJack » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:29 pm

Psimax killed lots of others without any great effort. It would be a great reversal to see Psimax killed without fanfare in the very next panel.

Unlucky-for-Some
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Unlucky-for-Some » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:33 pm

RidcullyJack wrote:Psimax killed lots of others without any great effort. It would be a great reversal to see Psimax killed without fanfare in the very next panel.
I kind of agree RidcullyJack, but I also rather expect one of the Kins to have planted some tricks into the machine ... he may grab overall control back, but clearly making changes to it will take time he doesn't have while killing (I presume) one or more members of the KinShip.

Buta
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Buta » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:31 am

Morrack wrote:
WearsHats wrote: 2. Thunt said he was considering letting people vote on whether the spider would bond with Forgath. The only way that doesn't affect the story (which Thunt has already written) is of one of them doesn't have long to live.
Well as I see it, the spider could just be bonded with Forgath and not get much role at all in the story (just be some kind of 'accessory' to him), so this vote doesn't necessarily predict that Forgath (or the spider) will die soon. I just don't see a connection.
Feel free to correct me though if I'm missing any information here.
Would be kinda cool if the spider sorts out the Psymax problem for the whole group if Psymax attacks Forgath...

Borys
Voices Opinions

Post by Borys » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:45 am

Now I think it's going to be like this:
PM kills Kin with armors, causing white Kin to rage and finally killing him.
Complains of Everything in Minelings.
Boro in Call of Ctulhu - Filipstad
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

In God School as Dies in Battle

My own game! Castle Story Open for everyone!

shikashaker
Mumbles Incoherently
UStream Username: Shikashaker

Post by shikashaker » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:00 am

Zeromant wrote:Baahhh, you're all blind fools. Kore is a version of Forgath, possibly a former maze of many winner who came back to the wrong world. Kore will target kin her being a 'monster' and the seer couldn't tell kore from forgath., them being sorta the same person. That's my thoughts on this.
I think not, his IME is a different colour.
When the serpent becomes your prey,
friends will become enemies and love will fuel hate.

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:25 pm

Wow, Big Ears originally died in Brassmoon? That's really surprising. Not only is he also one of my favorite characters, but that would have meant that either a different goblin was going to get the Axe of Prissan, or the AoP wasn't originally plot relevant, and either one of those are hard to picture. Chief also probably wouldn't have died, because they'd already be down to four party members, and the most interesting thing Big Ears would have done before he died was fight some zombies and some guards with some tiny and unimpressive weaponry. That would've been a shame.

Anyway, vonpenguin's right, Thaco's totally gonna die. Not only is he the cool old mentor, but he's Complains' dad. I will be very surprised if he makes it, though I don't expect him to die any time soon either. Complains is pretty much the protagonist of the main group, so I'd imagine he lives. Fumbles escaped death and just shook off his stupor, so he's probably got a ways to go, and if he died so soon after they saved him from Brassmoon then that entire story arc would feel really pointless, regardless of all the important things that happened. And the AoP's clearly a thing with Kore, so Big Ears isn't expendable just yet, I don't think. (At least, I really hope not.)

Dies just got a whole different set of superpowers with his new arm, so he'll be fine for a while, to give Thunt a chance to show them off, which is only reasonable. He's also the only one who can fight Junior, so he's got that to deal with first. Saves a Fox I'm not sure about. Grem is interesting mainly because of his relationship with Duv, which won't be relevant anymore pretty soon, and Dies' arm situation makes Grem the only remaining vanilla goblin, so I don't really see him lasting. Biscuit I'm not sure about. He was last shown walking off into the forest, but he didn't get a proper send-off, either, so I figure he'll show up at a convenient moment later on.

Minmax is obviously gonna be fine. I know there's the whole prophecy business, but I really like Forgath's relationship with Minmax, so if he has to die, then I hope his player shows up with an appropriately leveled and suspiciously convenient replacement character at the next tavern Minmax goes to. FMK just wouldn't be the same without him. And Kin's got her romantic subplot with Minmax, and she's there to teach Minmax that monsters are people too, so she'll be fine. Probably.

So if I had to bet, I'd say Grem is gonna die next.

Borys
Voices Opinions

Post by Borys » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:28 pm

Looking at all of this, we should expect everybody dying soon.
But what will be the comic about then?
Complains of Everything in Minelings.
Boro in Call of Ctulhu - Filipstad
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

In God School as Dies in Battle

My own game! Castle Story Open for everyone!

WhispersToSquirrels
Of Few Words

Post by WhispersToSquirrels » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:16 pm

Borys wrote:Looking at all of this, we should expect everybody dying soon.
But what will be the comic about then?
If Sapphire was the last remaining, would she think she was the only being that ever existed?
"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!"

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:36 pm

Godbot wrote:Not only is he the cool old mentor,
Which is exactly why he won't die, because it's a completely overused trope that even the 15-year old Eragon kid came up with. Thunt is better than that.

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:57 pm

RocketScientist wrote:
Godbot wrote:Not only is he the cool old mentor,
Which is exactly why he won't die, because it's a completely overused trope that even the 15-year old Eragon kid came up with. Thunt is better than that.
Yeah, I hope he doesn't die. He's somewhere in my top five characters.

mertol
Whispers Softly

Post by mertol » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:41 am

I bet on complains.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:07 pm

I don't think I can stand it if he kills off any more of the GAP any time soon. Also, baby goblins will cry. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:00 pm

I personally think the GAP is safe for now. Thunt wouldn't kill Chief, only to kill off the other goblin right after him. Not because he's not the sort of person to kill huge numbers of characters at once, but because I think he would have had someone get shot down while they ran across the bridge if he wanted someone dead. I think Forgath might die soon, but then again, if Kore's not a dwarf (though I personally think he is), that goes out the window, as there's no way Forgath's dying from a dwarf in the MoM.

I'm betting that Biscuit, Dies, and Fox are also safe, as well as Grem. I'm going to say one of Kin, Forgath, or Minmax is the next to die, and I'm placing my money specifically on Forgath.
You know you're playing D&D when your party is bartering to get good prices on the sold equipment of a party member... While that party members stands 5 feet away and protests.

My forum game: The Unhallowed Isle (recruiting). OOC.