September 19, 2013: Ding Ding

Discuss the comic here!
ForgetsOldName
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: TwoCoo

Re: September 19, 2013: Ding Ding

Post by ForgetsOldName » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:45 am

Kin's whole purpose in being in Brassmoon in the first place is to retrieve that teapot. She's gone through a hell of a lot for that thing. If there's going to be a conversation where Kin agrees to forsake the Yuan-ti and become an outcast and live out her natural days in human territory with Minmax as protector, we sure haven't had that conversation yet or even come all that close to it.
The old name was Twocoo. The avatar is the scariest thing in Wizardry I, circa 1981.

BreaksGlasses
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by BreaksGlasses » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:27 am

ForgetsOldName wrote:Kin's whole purpose in being in Brassmoon in the first place is to retrieve that teapot. She's gone through a hell of a lot for that thing. If there's going to be a conversation where Kin agrees to forsake the Yuan-ti and become an outcast and live out her natural days in human territory with Minmax as protector, we sure haven't had that conversation yet or even come all that close to it.
But what about this http://www.goblinscomic.org/she-said-yes/
Kin has said that Trueseeing is an extremely rare phenomenon, so it must be a very significant thing in Yuan-ti society, I think maybe that would create a conflict of either giving up the teapot and her clan or giving up the individual that she can Truesee.

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:34 am

I like how PsiMax is forced to win, and thus loses. I was wondering how it was going to work that when ROS respawn they won't have to deal with him. Because he would have been reset, just like they would have been.

I am curious though, when ROS do reset the maze and have themselves put into one group... what is going to happen to Saphire and Onyx's Minmax and Forgath? Will they respawn and wonder what the hell happened to Kin, or will they somehow disappear? Or what???

And I think that Kin and co. will drop off the Jade Teapot and that they'll all teleport together, once it's safe with Kins' tribe.
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:24 am

They'd better hope that Psimax isn't Nomad Specced...or they'll have a nigh-god-level Psion who knows the dimensional "coordinates" of their prime material plane, and the power to go there with a massive grudge.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

pointsthingsout
Remains Silent

Post by pointsthingsout » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:24 pm

Also, I've been looking at the last line of panels and the purpose of the statue became all too apparent.

It's going to wake up and wipe the maze clean of survivors from the loser teams.

DrinksTooMuchCoffee
Indulges in Conversation

Post by DrinksTooMuchCoffee » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:52 pm

lingrem wrote:And I think that Kin and co. will drop off the Jade Teapot and that they'll all teleport together, once it's safe with Kins' tribe.
I'm expecting Kin to leave the story, either opting to join the Four Kin Band and we never see her again (or until much later), or to stay with her tribe after returning the teapot. Some good reason for her continuing with F&M could be presented, but personally I'm not feeling it right now. It would only take one line really, but that's not what I'm expecting, which is a goodbye.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:10 pm

Kennerly wrote:I think its almost time for Young and Beautiful's prophecy to come true.
Am I the only one that is completely sick of this damn thing, and want it to resolve just so that people stop speculating if the newest thing means it's happening? :fume:
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

AntMac
Likes to Contribute

Post by AntMac » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:50 pm

Kennerly wrote:

I think its almost time for Young and Beautiful's prophecy to come true.

Then we are all going to be sad soon. :( I don't want Forgarth to go.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:01 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:
Kennerly wrote:I think its almost time for Young and Beautiful's prophecy to come true.
Am I the only one that is completely sick of this damn thing, and want it to resolve just so that people stop speculating if the newest thing means it's happening? :fume:
No, no you're not.

DrinksTooMuchCoffee
Indulges in Conversation

Post by DrinksTooMuchCoffee » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:27 pm

Ah, but the total fulfillment of the prophecy might be the end of the comic. So we'll just have to kidnap Thunt and make sure that never happens. :D

[Intentional reference to the movie Misery, not an earnest call to actually do so...]

RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Post by RidcullyJack » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:43 pm

It's Forgath's fortune, not the fortune of any of the Goblins, so I think that the story can continue long after Forgath meets his fate.

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:59 pm

DrinksTooMuchCoffee wrote:
lingrem wrote:And I think that Kin and co. will drop off the Jade Teapot and that they'll all teleport together, once it's safe with Kins' tribe.
I'm expecting Kin to leave the story, either opting to join the Four Kin Band and we never see her again (or until much later), or to stay with her tribe after returning the teapot. Some good reason for her continuing with F&M could be presented, but personally I'm not feeling it right now. It would only take one line really, but that's not what I'm expecting, which is a goodbye.
Remember, even if Kin DID join the Kinship group, no matter how long she spends in the Maze of Many, she will exit at the exact moment she first entered. She's spent literally years inside already. Millenia in fact, if we assume each run through takes an average of 10 hours for a group to reach the treasure room, multiplying by the number of failures makes their total time in the Maze 2,262 years - That's longer than Christianity has been around!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

DrinksTooMuchCoffee
Indulges in Conversation

Post by DrinksTooMuchCoffee » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:11 pm

RedwoodElf wrote:
DrinksTooMuchCoffee wrote:
Remember, even if Kin DID join the Kinship group, no matter how long she spends in the Maze of Many, she will exit at the exact moment she first entered.
If she exits, and if she exits back to #156. Okay, no real reason for that not to happen, but I had a scene imagined of MinMax waiting outside the entrance until Forgath convinces him Kin must not be coming out. Good thing the comic wouldn't rip away beloved characters like that. I may be just being a bit maudlin there. Maybe I could use a Klik hug. Oh, that's right. HE'S @#$%ING DEAD!!! >:(

;)

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:24 pm

I don't think the prophecy's fulfilment is the end of the comic. It's likely that the Kore battle will be when Forgath dies, so I doubt that the comic will end that early. It wouldn't be really climactic.
DrinksTooMuchCoffee wrote: If she exits, and if she exits back to #156. Okay, no real reason for that not to happen, but I had a scene imagined of MinMax waiting outside the entrance until Forgath convinces him Kin must not be coming out. Good thing the comic wouldn't rip away beloved characters like that. I may be just being a bit maudlin there. Maybe I could use a Klik hug. Oh, that's right. HE'S @#$%ING DEAD!!! >:(

;)
I hear you, buddy. :sulk: Why did Klik have to die?! *sobs uncontrollably*
You know you're playing D&D when your party is bartering to get good prices on the sold equipment of a party member... While that party members stands 5 feet away and protests.

My forum game: The Unhallowed Isle (recruiting). OOC.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:29 pm

If Kore kills Forgath, as many seem to think, I'm going to predict that he transplants Forgath's shiny new beard onto his own face to fill in that hole left when he had to chop out the rope.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

DrinksTooMuchCoffee
Indulges in Conversation

Post by DrinksTooMuchCoffee » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:20 pm

Loyal Backstabber wrote:I don't think the prophecy's fulfilment is the end of the comic. It's likely that the Kore battle will be when Forgath dies, so I doubt that the comic will end that early. It wouldn't be really climactic.
There can be more than one encounter with Kore. :P

"Hey, Forgath. Do you think that's the dwarf that's going to kill you?"
"Let's not find out. You can fight with the goblins later!"
:)

Brave Brave
Remains Silent

Post by Brave Brave » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:23 pm

psimax? more like anticlimax am I right?

Lathrael
Remains Silent

Post by Lathrael » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:40 am

Is that just me or Minmax's intelligence has been boosted by device's restoration? We have all seen smart moves by Minmax in combat, but most of them were based on insticts or class experience, but making Psymax "win" was not like anything we saw from Minmax in any way.

Dendr
Whispers Softly

Post by Dendr » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:55 am

Brave Brave wrote:psimax? more like anticlimax am I right?
Is it time to rename him?

Khazar
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Khazar » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:38 pm

DrinksTooMuchCoffee wrote:"Hey, Forgath. Do you think that's the dwarf that's going to kill you?"
:D I would love this line of dialogue to be in the comic! It could possibly mean a party with the acronym: T|BE|SVK|CoN|M|F, which is a bit of a mouthful! I don't think MM is quite ready to give up on revenge, but I can dream.
I'm sorry, are you addressing me? Because your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass. - Doctor Krieger

Kore
Speaks Quietly

Post by Kore » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:10 pm

Khazar wrote:
DrinksTooMuchCoffee wrote:"Hey, Forgath. Do you think that's the dwarf that's going to kill you?"
:D I would love this line of dialogue to be in the comic! It could possibly mean a party with the acronym: T|BE|SVK|CoN|M|F, which is a bit of a mouthful! I don't think MM is quite ready to give up on revenge, but I can dream.
They asked the Wall about finding goblins and the Wall answered, how *that* would be bad time. If they get close enough to find the goblins, say "remember me" to them then rest of Wall prophesy comes true. Would take a different sort of twist for Forgath to live after that, already had one of those with Dies Horribly.

But rather than hope for Forgath to live, why not hope for something better? How about if Vipers show up and PsiMax finds a way to gate over from his universe and then PsiMax and Kore kill all the seeds of evil with PsiMax killing himself last and the story of the great battle inspires hundreds of others to follow Kore and clean up the world?

Evil the final frontier. These are the adventures of the hero Kore. His quest: to explore strange new areas, to seek out new evil and its seeds, to boldly destroy evil till evil is no more.

JustRight
Eleventy-one
UStream Username: Frank Erickson, M.D.

Post by JustRight » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:01 pm

I'm hoping Forgath can come away with a new holy mace or a holy relic of some kind from the treasure wall to help him survive the upcoming battle with Kore.

And it would be cool if MinMax and Kin could stay together for a while longer and solidify their relationship.

While I'm fantasizing happy events, it would be good if Minmax and Names have to combine forces to defeat Kore, in the process saving each other's lives and negating their blood feud.

I'm ready for more good triumphing over evil in ThuntWorld. I won't lose interest, promise. It would make up somewhat for losing Klik.
"I don't mind a reasonable amount of trouble"
- Sam Spade

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:14 pm

JustRight wrote:While I'm fantasizing happy events, it would be good if Minmax and Names have to combine forces to defeat Kore, in the process saving each other's lives and negating their blood feud.
I think that if Complains were to save Kin's life, it would have more impact on Minmax... and perhaps be more likely, given that he likely feels responsible for leaving her behind the first time. All provided she is with FM when the eventually meet up with GAP.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

AntMac
Likes to Contribute

Post by AntMac » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:06 am

JustRight wrote: While I'm fantasizing happy events, it would be good if Minmax and Names have to combine forces to defeat Kore, in the process saving each other's lives and negating their blood feud.

One thing we have seen about Minmax, with Kins birthday cake, he is quite able of reaching a surprisingly mature decision, if he has time to reason it out. I mean, I use the term reason there in its most Monty-Pythonish definition, you are to understand.

So he could very well think "I have just warred to the death with an X of universes supply of myself, some of whom were evil, some just opponents because of circumstance. What was it I was angry about with Names?. . . important, really?. Maybe not"

fifty
Whispers Softly

Post by fifty » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:47 am

AntMac wrote:One thing we have seen about Minmax, with Kins birthday cake, he is quite able of reaching a surprisingly mature decision, if he has time to reason it out. I mean, I use the term reason there in its most Monty-Pythonish definition, you are to understand.

So he could very well think "I have just warred to the death with an X of universes supply of myself, some of whom were evil, some just opponents because of circumstance. What was it I was angry about with Names?. . . important, really?. Maybe not"
yeah I think ever since the forest camp Minmax has demonstrated growth of understanding that 'monsters' are not all evil things to be killed out of hand for XP.
...and if Psi-max and Goblin slayer haven't shown how humans can be for more monstrous then I don't know what will! :paranoia:
Orbis Terrarum - British swords, sorcery & science - now on DrivethruRPG :)