29 september 2013 my precious...

Discuss the comic here!
Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Re: 29 september 2013 my precious...

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:35 am

willpell wrote:The Altsplanation was fairly clear, I thought, on the fact that Sapphire isn't aware of her own condition, but Ruby and Onyx have probably figured it out. Thunt points out exactly how messed up this is, and I strongly suspect a Chekhov's Gun.
This. Something's going to snap and we're going to see the results.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

ForgetsOldName
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: TwoCoo

Post by ForgetsOldName » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:36 am

I hope the tattoos don't become a plot point. Why? Because so far they have only been addressed in the altsplanations, and I don't think key plot points should be confined to altsplanations.
The old name was Twocoo. The avatar is the scariest thing in Wizardry I, circa 1981.

Bad At Jokes
Whispers Softly

Post by Bad At Jokes » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:43 am

Just putting a new idea into the mix. Could Ruby trick Minmax into thinking she is Kin, it sounds farfetched but bare with me.

1. She has Kins necklace.
2. Minmax can only see things in purple.
3. She could say her item was a new set of armor.

I don't believe this will be the case but just throwing it in the mix.

Earthen
Pipes Up Sometimes
UStream Username: Earthen_

Post by Earthen » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:44 am

If Sapphire's "Forget Dead" tattoos do become a plot point, the comic itself will likely provide an explanation. Sapphire's Forgath could describe his handiwork after the reset.
We're all mad here.

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:57 am

Bad At Jokes wrote:Just putting a new idea into the mix. Could Ruby trick Minmax into thinking she is Kin, it sounds farfetched but bare with me.

He can see other things besides purple with his left eye, it's only his right that sees in purple shades.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

Bad At Jokes
Whispers Softly

Post by Bad At Jokes » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:36 am

RedwoodElf wrote:
Bad At Jokes wrote:Just putting a new idea into the mix. Could Ruby trick Minmax into thinking she is Kin, it sounds farfetched but bare with me.

He can see other things besides purple with his left eye, it's only his right that sees in purple shades.
Has that been explained or are you just assuming?

Wild Thyme
Mutters to Themself
UStream Username: Cheshyr1

Post by Wild Thyme » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:31 pm

► Show Spoiler

Bad At Jokes
Whispers Softly

Post by Bad At Jokes » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:54 pm

Wild Thyme wrote:
► Show Spoiler
But the wall in brassmoon has already said when you guys find those goblins it doesnt end well for you.

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:15 pm

Bad At Jokes wrote:
RedwoodElf wrote:

Has that been explained or are you just assuming?
What part of his right eye turns purple and he then says things look "purplish" (not purple, Purple-ISH, as in how you might describe suddenly having a purple piece of celophane over one eye, not both) makes you think his non-purple eye is affected?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

Insane Kitty
Whispers Softly

Post by Insane Kitty » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:38 pm

People are thinking MinMax's weapon is a weird sword or axes, but what if it is claws that work off his improved unarmed strike?
Well, you may be right
I may be crazy
Hey!
But I just might be a lunatic you're looking for!

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:55 pm

That doesn't make sense because he clearly needs to grasp it, meaning he's armed.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Tofu
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: Tofu

Post by Tofu » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:35 am

NO comments about this tweet folks?

twitter.com/Thunt_Goblins/status/384065156277211136

"In D&D, new items can be like new characters. In this regard, a new "character" is introduced to the FMK party in tomorrow's update."

Puts the hand axe of MinMax's in another light, the one which can, if you look at it right, seems to be a smiling face on the side ...

Starfire
Whispers Softly
UStream Username: Starfire

Post by Starfire » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:51 am

At first I thought Ruby nicked the necklace because she wanted something like our Kin had. She was jealous of Kin's ability to heal and thought by taking the necklace she would heal too... but then I read though all of these responses, and thought the O-hole is much more likely.

Now I'm sad.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:52 am

Tofu wrote:NO comments about this tweet folks?
Missed that one. Though now I look at the most recent page, I realized I was seeing it wrong, and that Minmax's dark purple strap thing is in fact NOT part of the weapon. Just four blades, three stacked and one little one joining them to the handle.... weird.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

teknojo
Remains Silent

Post by teknojo » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:33 pm

turtlemonkey wrote:I could see one of two things happening.

1. Ruby impersonating the real Kin.
2. Realizing that somehow the necklace is tied to her feelings for Minmax, she dumps the necklace into one of the oblivion holes. Thus forgetting that the necklace was given and both forgetting the feelings for each other. Now, while not completely full proof, since Kin realized Minmax had pants in a prior comic even after he threw them into the hole. There isn't anything really able to jog memory that Kin used to have a necklace, such as Minmax never wearing pants would do.
Wow... I was wondering what the heck Ruby could do to disrupt the relationship of the group. None of the things I could come up with, nor any of the things mentioned in the prior posts seemed plausible as things that could be done that would actually work.

But your number two turtlemonkey... that idea scares me, a lot. The vary concept of it made my brain twitch. Your mind is awesome, your idea terrifying. I hope Thunt goes with something else even though I think you hit it on the head.

Bleh...

-Tek

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:46 pm

The problem with the Ken necklace getting oblivion'd is that Kin will remember mentioning something that doesn't exist, and will be able to put together that it somehow got destroyed. That might cause some problems for Ruby.
You know you're playing D&D when your party is bartering to get good prices on the sold equipment of a party member... While that party members stands 5 feet away and protests.

My forum game: The Unhallowed Isle (recruiting). OOC.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:09 pm

I totally don't get the facial expressions in panel 7, ftr.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

extrabigmehdi
Of Few Words

Post by extrabigmehdi » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:51 pm

ForgetsOldName wrote:I hope the tattoos don't become a plot point. Why? Because so far they have only been addressed in the altsplanations, and I don't think key plot points should be confined to altsplanations.

This reminds me all the explanations regarding the "axe of prissan".
It was necessary to understand what happened after, but I didn't like it.
I prefer , when the cartoon is self-sufficient. I'm not reading a regular book ...

http://www.goblinscomic.org/08122007/

raaabr
Likes to Contribute

Post by raaabr » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:28 pm

Loyal Backstabber wrote:The problem with the Ken necklace getting oblivion'd is that Kin will remember mentioning something that doesn't exist, and will be able to put together that it somehow got destroyed. That might cause some problems for Ruby.

But only if there was some major sign that she should have been wearing a necklace, like the string leaving a light mark or tan on her neck, and even then she could only know that she used to wear a necklace, not what it was or what it meant. Though the chain of events that resulted from it wouldn't be affected.
Sometimes I get the feeling that If I was a goblin I would be called "Chews scenery". I have no idea why people might think that!

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:48 pm

raaabr wrote:But only if there was some major sign that she should have been wearing a necklace, like the string leaving a light mark or tan on her neck, and even then she could only know that she used to wear a necklace, not what it was or what it meant. Though the chain of events that resulted from it wouldn't be affected.
She still would have known that something had let her trust Minmax, that it had been important to him, and that it had been destroyed by Ruby. That's still enough to get her angry.
You know you're playing D&D when your party is bartering to get good prices on the sold equipment of a party member... While that party members stands 5 feet away and protests.

My forum game: The Unhallowed Isle (recruiting). OOC.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:10 pm

willpell wrote:I totally don't get the facial expressions in panel 7, ftr.
Kin's is a "you're screaming in my face" cringe. And Ruby's is a jaw drop + yelling (in Kin's face).

00iCon
Remains Silent

Post by 00iCon » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:23 am

turtlemonkey wrote: 2. Realizing that somehow the necklace is tied to her feelings for Minmax, she dumps the necklace into one of the oblivion holes. Thus forgetting that the necklace was given and both forgetting the feelings for each other. Now, while not completely full proof, since Kin realized Minmax had pants in a prior comic even after he threw them into the hole. There isn't anything really able to jog memory that Kin used to have a necklace, such as Minmax never wearing pants would do.
So either Minmax or Kin will get mad at the other?

Love will fuel hate?

EDIT: dammit, mentioned before. Missed it on my first read through.

raaabr
Likes to Contribute

Post by raaabr » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:04 am

00iCon wrote:
turtlemonkey wrote: 2. Realizing that somehow the necklace is tied to her feelings for Minmax, she dumps the necklace into one of the oblivion holes. Thus forgetting that the necklace was given and both forgetting the feelings for each other. Now, while not completely full proof, since Kin realized Minmax had pants in a prior comic even after he threw them into the hole. There isn't anything really able to jog memory that Kin used to have a necklace, such as Minmax never wearing pants would do.
So either Minmax or Kin will get mad at the other?

Love will fuel hate?

EDIT: dammit, mentioned before. Missed it on my first read through.
Hey, just had a random theory pop into my head. What if Minmax's and Kin's love for one another (Which caused a bunch of problems for Psimax) has already fueled hate? Specifically, Psimax's hate of them; before that they were just another reality, but from that point on they became constant thorns in his side until his defeat.

Probably not what's going to happen, but I like randomly throwing out theories :)
Sometimes I get the feeling that If I was a goblin I would be called "Chews scenery". I have no idea why people might think that!

Raza
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Raza » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:29 am

I'm curious what'll happen with the tea pot exit and Kin's intention of asking Minmax and Forgath along.

Maybe sending them out with the teapot without winning the maze will create duplicates of them, with one set being teleported to the GAP for the confrontation with Kore while another gets re-popped in the maze with Kin and will eventually come out when they win it. If nothing else, this'd be a loophole for Forgath's death prophecy, much like Dies' got for his.

Master TMO
Speaks Quietly

Post by Master TMO » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:03 am

WMG: Maybe Kore has been through the Maze of Many, and they're near the entrance, and they somehow push him through it and he is vaporized by the paradox?

Nahhhh...