July 16, 2013: Have to End This

Discuss the comic here!
stevedj
Voices Opinions

Re: July 16, 2013: Have to End This

Post by stevedj » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:30 am

Hey - here's a thought. Why does everyone think PsiMax would teleport back to the machine room? Perhaps instead, could he teleport (like 'summon') Kin to him? Then he'd think his machine is safe (don't know about the other Kins) and he could show our Kin to MM, explaining what he did to her, and get the line from MM that everyone is predicting: "You blew up her tail!?!"

Meanwhile, the other Kins are finding new ways to mess with the machine... :)

DrinksTooMuchCoffee
Indulges in Conversation

Post by DrinksTooMuchCoffee » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:31 am

Probably been said before, "I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling Kins!".

Rogbull
Of Few Words
UStream Username: Rogbull

Post by Rogbull » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:53 am

So now that Psymax seems to be pressured, will he try brave new tactics like bartering? Because I'm pretty sure our Minmax won't pull out the sword for anything ( even threatning Kin's life because the implication of summoning it is that she will never even exist. Something she would put emphasis on in that situation. )

RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Post by RidcullyJack » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:51 pm

stevedj wrote:Hey - here's a thought. Why does everyone think PsiMax would teleport back to the machine room? Perhaps instead, could he teleport (like 'summon') Kin to him? Then he'd think his machine is safe (don't know about the other Kins) and he could show our Kin to MM, explaining what he did to her, and get the line from MM that everyone is predicting: "You blew up her tail!?!"

Meanwhile, the other Kins are finding new ways to mess with the machine... :)
We've never seen Psimax use a 'summon' like power (and I can't find a psion power the teleports an unwilling creature at a distance). Since he hasn't teleported others at a distance before, I would hope that this close to the end of a story arc Thunt wouldn't introduce a new psionic power.

HennaGaijin
Of Few Words

Post by HennaGaijin » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:14 pm

DrinksTooMuchCoffee wrote:Probably been said before, "I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling Kins!".
This. If it hasn't been said before, it should have been.
*Insert witty signature here*

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:17 pm

Elvors wrote:Goldmax got an arm and a leg ripped off.
No dismemberment rules in D&D, it's at the discretion of the DM what Goldmax can and cannot do.
If Goldmax is still in the positives, he might be able to hop on that remaining leg and swing that polearm at Psimax.
Check it again... there is a top half going to the left, and a lower half going to the right... and arms and legs flying about in the middle. Much more serious than losing an arm and leg.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Andreyz
Remains Silent

Post by Andreyz » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:41 pm

I just stopped by to say: That is the damn ugliest version of Minmax in the maze so far!
Also I'm glad my Psimax is still alive and kicking and making friends on the #156 forum hehehe.

Destynova
Remains Silent

Post by Destynova » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:29 pm

Does Psimax know about the oblivion holes? If so, he could just fling himself in and get what he wants.

Or he will get kicke din and everyone forgets about him and wonders how everything got so messy.

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:42 pm

Destynova wrote:Does Psimax know about the oblivion holes? If so, he could just fling himself in and get what he wants.

Or he will get kicke din and everyone forgets about him and wonders how everything got so messy.
Of course he knows...there was one right next to Minmax when he grabbed the chunk of wall with him attached to it.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

Rizban
Remains Silent

Post by Rizban » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:30 pm

Destynova wrote:Does Psimax know about the oblivion holes? If so, he could just fling himself in and get what he wants.

But that isn't what he wants. He wants to have "never" existed, not merely to cease to exist. He also sees erasing the existence of everyone else as the ultimate altruistic act, and he couldn't possibly be so selfish as to deny them true oblivion. That would just be evil!

friedkitty
Voices Opinions

Post by friedkitty » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:35 am

The last thing we want is for psimax to get get oblivion holed. Everyone will forget why they are cooperating, 3k will have no reason to help our fmk, our fmk will have no idea how everything got messed up with oblivion holes and kins. Best bet...use the machine to spit him out in reality 38 with denied access to reenter.

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:57 am

Does Magekin know Feeblemind?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

nitwit
Mutters to Themself

Post by nitwit » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:17 am

spiderwrangler wrote:
nitwit wrote: i just assumed the others had already died in fighting or the continuing destruction of the tower room, since no signs of them or anyone else occur in the background
So it's more logical to assume that in the few moments since we did see them that they all spontaneously dropped dead than it is to see the 11 approaching/attacking Psimax as a subset of those in the room?
we have no way to precisely measure how much time has passed. After all the kins have deduced how to use a psion machine they have never seen before to project a message in what you would call a few moments.

being that we see psimax splishk what, 5 people at once(website is having problems, not about to try and go back and look) and blendermax instantly rip a person to pieces, i have no problem believing these people died in battle with eachother and the 11 survivors, or the destruction in the room.

Hannibal
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Hannibal » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:12 pm

If the Kin-collar theory works out and she removes the collar without it exploding we may see something from our Kin that's completely unexpected. But I still feel like that would be too satisfying for everyone reading, kind of a collective "finally!" And that seems to one sided of an outcome for the divisive prediction Thunt is hinting at. So I guess we will have to wait and see. Dammit

Moroser
Of Few Words

Post by Moroser » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:03 pm

All the alt Kins we saw had collars. IMO it's a sign of collar removal being lethal.

RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Post by RidcullyJack » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:31 pm

Not all the alt Kins we've seen have collars. These don't:
GoblinslayerKin
StrongKin of reality #032
Kin with grafted heads (we've seen the leash at least)
ScorpKin
PinkKin
Last edited by RidcullyJack on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hannibal
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Hannibal » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:40 pm

I'm pretty sure Kinface had one I remember seeing it in the panel Minmax cut off her bitey-arm

Moroser
Of Few Words

Post by Moroser » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:48 pm

RidcullyJack wrote:Not all the alt Kins we've seen have collars. These don't:
GoblinslayerKin
StrongKin of reality #032
Kin with grafted heads
ScorpKin
PinkKin
Oh, well, that's nice.

Unlucky-for-Some
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Unlucky-for-Some » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:44 pm

friedkitty wrote:The last thing we want is for psimax to get get oblivion holed. Everyone will forget why they are cooperating, 3k will have no reason to help our fmk, our fmk will have no idea how everything got messed up with oblivion holes and kins. Best bet...use the machine to spit him out in reality 38 with denied access to reenter.
Ohh that is just such a mean idea Friedkitty ... and how I would laugh and laugh if that were to happen.

Of course, the numbering system may well be something that only applies within the MoM ... but I don't care, I like the idea of it anyway :)
All hail the power of the stick!

sunbeam
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by sunbeam » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:03 pm

Hannibal wrote:I'm pretty sure Kinface had one I remember seeing it in the panel Minmax cut off her bitey-arm
Ought to call her "Kinhead."

mnementh
Former Mod

Post by mnementh » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:42 pm

I just hope PsiMax can't splishk our Kin from here... THAT would probably be enough to make MM draw oblivious, and without 1/2 a Kin to stop him, well, nothing in the microverse WOULD stop him.

PsiMax just castled and put reality # 156 in check in the same move, guys. Endgame. Lets hope the Kins can pull something ELSE out of their collective patookies.

mnem
GoldMax: Redefining eternity.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:15 am

Unlucky-for-Some wrote:
friedkitty wrote:The last thing we want is for psimax to get get oblivion holed. Everyone will forget why they are cooperating, 3k will have no reason to help our fmk, our fmk will have no idea how everything got messed up with oblivion holes and kins. Best bet...use the machine to spit him out in reality 38 with denied access to reenter.
Ohh that is just such a mean idea Friedkitty ... and how I would laugh and laugh if that were to happen.

Of course, the numbering system may well be something that only applies within the MoM ... but I don't care, I like the idea of it anyway :)
I like the idea too.
But you know what troubles me?
That FriedKitty apparently can come up with very interesting solutions for people who crossed her without effort.
That's someone I don't want to cross when (s)he has the means to implements her ideas....
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards
STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
it's fully funded, and all realistic stretch goals reached!

ChuckNorris
Whispers Softly

Post by ChuckNorris » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:17 am

RedwoodElf wrote:Does Magekin know Feeblemind?
She'd need to be a level 9 wizard on top of racial HD, not to mention that psions have good will saves. Any level 9 wizards won't be in the maze any more :P

friedkitty
Voices Opinions

Post by friedkitty » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:09 am

Krulle wrote: you know what troubles me?
That FriedKitty apparently can come up with very interesting solutions for people who crossed her without effort.
That's someone I don't want to cross when (s)he has the means to implements her ideas....
Thanks, Krulle. I'll even let the "she" thing go for now.

**Writes notes in his notebook while looking over his glasses at Krulle suspiciously**

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:17 am

Sorry, I did not know your gender, and frankly, this is the 'nets, so I simply assume you're genderless, unless your user name is very specific.

And even then I can easily be wrong, as Andrea surely is a name for which gender?

Here, have a ball of yarn!
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards
STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
it's fully funded, and all realistic stretch goals reached!