Apr - 9 - 2013 - How many faces is that?

Discuss the comic here!
Generic
Converses Frequently

Re: Apr - 9 - 2013 - How many faces is that?

Post by Generic » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:03 am

willpell wrote: I was banned from controversy for suggesting that some actions aren't severe enough to count as rape, so I would suggest it's probably not a good idea for you to say such a thing there either. People are extremely touchy on this subject, it seems, and cannot handle very much discussion of it...the board's name is a trifle misleading in that respect.
I don't remember that being the reason you we're banned. As I understood it was about the way you debated, not the subjects you presented.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:46 am

► Show Spoiler
 ! Message from: LooksAtYouFunny
Please, do drop this topic, it is off topic and do not need to block up this thread more. Keep on topic wich is the comic of Apr - 9 - 2013. or action will be taken.
Best regards - LAYF-
-Best regards LAYF

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:52 am

When I first saw the update, I thought about the leash right away too!

The arm has been severed, so either A) the leash is uncuttable B) Minmax has VERY good precision whilst in a rage or C) the leash has been cut and nothing has happened.

B) is highly unlikely because what reason would he have to not cut it, that would be crossing his mind at the moment? They didn't know for SURE that the leash would explode, and it would really require some concentration to stop it JUST before his sword went through the leash.

So either it's uncuttable, or he's cut the leash.
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: CelineSSauve

Post by CelineSSauve » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:16 am

lingrem wrote:They didn't know for SURE that the leash would explode
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Okay. Crazy idea.

What if the reason Kin has yet to "see" MinMax is because that is one of her species' natural abilities? You know, amongst the things that the collar suppresses!?

sunphoenix
Of Few Words

Post by sunphoenix » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:26 am

Oh MY Gods! Composite-monster Kyn's tits are looking at me!

{SANITY CHECK!} Failed!

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:32 am

CelineSSauve wrote:
lingrem wrote:They didn't know for SURE that the leash would explode
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Okay. Crazy idea.

What if the reason Kin has yet to "see" MinMax is because that is one of her species' natural abilities? You know, amongst the things that the collar suppresses!?
That is an interesting piece of speculation! I like that idea! :)
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:33 am

sunphoenix wrote:Oh MY Gods! Composite-monster Kyn's tits are looking at me!

{SANITY CHECK!} Failed!
That is a 1d6 sanitypoints right there. I am surprised MinMax is not in the asylum already. His POW does not strike me as very good.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

kijihir
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by kijihir » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:44 am

I wonder if all of Composite-Kin's heads can feel her pain...
Because in panel five, the "main kin" is clearly screaming in pain, while the purple ogre(?) head and the goblin head seem to have similar expressions of rage.
Either way, this is a pretty terrifying concept. (And makes me feel so, so bad for Kin.... This comic is giving me feels whiplash...)

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:19 am

This comic and the previous one now have light effects for glowing eyes and the like, but still do not have full shading. I wonder if this was intentional? While the full shaded comic looks incredibly detailed, it's a bit hard to see (though admittedly that's partly my own fault for keeping my monitor a bit dark), and I for one wouldn't mind if these panels stayed as they currently are.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:22 am

willpell wrote:I for one wouldn't mind if these panels stayed as they currently are.
I hope they get shaded. :shrug: It would be more than a little strange to suddenly stop shading. The transition to shading was gradual, cutting it off cold turkey, but leaving the magical/light effects would be rather strange, IMHO.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:03 pm

willpell wrote:This comic and the previous one now have light effects for glowing eyes and the like, but still do not have full shading. I wonder if this was intentional?
That happened with the previous page too - I think that Forest's getting the easy bits out of the way first.

Firestrum
Remains Silent
UStream Username: Firestrum

Post by Firestrum » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:46 pm

Incoming crazy theory!!!!

It certainly looks like Minmax is looking at death sooner than later (the guy even tried to kill the uber paladin wielding a weapon that could potentially kill everyone if the demon is released!). I have a strong feeling he is going to take a limitless amount of people out until he is out of his barbarian rage, in which he will be exhausted and inevitably get overwhelmed.

UNLESS- the jade teapot. Kin and Forgath use the teapot to return to Minmax, help him, and win. Keeps Kin with Minmax and Forgath and still questing for her teapot.

AccursedBiscuit
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by AccursedBiscuit » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:04 pm

Firestrum wrote:Incoming crazy theory!!!!
UNLESS- the jade teapot. Kin and Forgath use the teapot to return to Minmax, help him, and win. Keeps Kin with Minmax and Forgath and still questing for her teapot.
Ahh, hadn't thought of that. Good thinking, my favorite theory so far. They can just step around the circle that sends them home and poof back to MM. Wonder how they'll get back to the treasure room though? Also, assuming there isn't some sort of crazy messed up trap.
I'm no ordinary biscuit. Just look at my horns.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:31 pm

The key puzzle will probably accept the wrong keys being reinserted.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:00 am

AccursedBiscuit wrote:Ahh, hadn't thought of that. Good thinking, my favorite theory so far. They can just step around the circle that sends them home and poof back to MM. Wonder how they'll get back to the treasure room though? Also, assuming there isn't some sort of crazy messed up trap.
Why even step on the circle that sends them home? Why not just grab the teapot from the treasure room and use it then and there?
And AFTER getting MinMax, going back to the treasure room AND picking up the teapot, only then step into the circle that sends them home. :idea:
BuildsLegos wrote:The key puzzle will probably accept the wrong keys being reinserted.
I agree, there has to be some way to go up even after picking the wrong key initially. Else the MoM wouldn't get one winning party EVERY time, there would be bound to be a percentage of when - because of the heat of the battle or other reasons - the wrong key gets picked and there would be NO winners.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Rorrik
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Rorrik » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:50 am

lingrem wrote:When I first saw the update, I thought about the leash right away too!

The arm has been severed, so either A) the leash is uncuttable B) Minmax has VERY good precision whilst in a rage or C) the leash has been cut and nothing has happened.

B) is highly unlikely because what reason would he have to not cut it, that would be crossing his mind at the moment? They didn't know for SURE that the leash would explode, and it would really require some concentration to stop it JUST before his sword went through the leash.

So either it's uncuttable, or he's cut the leash.
Plot device, Mr Frodo. Minmax needs to grab the leash and use Kin as his attack dog for a couple rounds. I'm not sure if Minmax would have a moral problem with that, but he seemed willing to control not Walter when he realized Kin was getting his name. I don't know if Minmax has the presence of mind to grab the leash, but it would certainly increase his chances of survival.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:37 am

Rorrik wrote:Plot device, Mr Frodo. Minmax needs to grab the leash and use Kin as his attack dog for a couple rounds. I'm not sure if Minmax would have a moral problem with that, but he seemed willing to control not Walter when he realized Kin was getting his name. I don't know if Minmax has the presence of mind to grab the leash, but it would certainly increase his chances of survival.
I highly doubt that MinMax would ever control Kin. I don't think he would have controlled not Walter after Kin's statement about how that's no different than her own leash.

brnforce
Speaks Quietly

Post by brnforce » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:39 am

Cutting the end of the leash may not cause the explosion either. It could be that it is just the act of taking it off of Kin that triggers it (it is magic you know?). Like it might trigger if you lift the collar off of her, or if you cut it in a way that causes it to fall off of her. It wouldn't be smart to have a collar that explodes if it is singed with fire on the far end.

Rorrik
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Rorrik » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:11 pm

CelineSSauve wrote:
Rorrik wrote:Plot device, Mr Frodo. Minmax needs to grab the leash and use Kin as his attack dog for a couple rounds. I'm not sure if Minmax would have a moral problem with that, but he seemed willing to control not Walter when he realized Kin was getting his name. I don't know if Minmax has the presence of mind to grab the leash, but it would certainly increase his chances of survival.
I highly doubt that MinMax would ever control Kin. I don't think he would have controlled not Walter after Kin's statement about how that's no different than her own leash.
I'm not so sure. I see no evidence that he grasped that statement. Also, that's hardly Kin, that is a terrifying mass of monster faces.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:20 pm

I also don't think there's been any evidence that holding the leash allows controlling Kin or forcing her to obey orders; it just prevents her from attacking the holder. Dubiously worth the hand he'd need to devote to it.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Corruptuser
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Corruptuser » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:56 pm

Question, in the headlining world, can high level clerics cast Regenerate? Because if a headlined cleric was kept around for a few centuries, eventually s/he'd level up enough to restore his/her body.

I know in 'our' reality, regeneration and raise dead are virtually never cast, in part because anyone in the double digit levels is considered freakishly high level. Given that an undead monstrosity that can liquify you on touch is both "only" challenge rating 7, and there are "greater" versions of that, it's no suprise practically no clerics live long enough to resurrect anyone.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:54 pm

willpell wrote:I also don't think there's been any evidence that holding the leash allows controlling Kin or forcing her to obey orders; it just prevents her from attacking the holder. Dubiously worth the hand he'd need to devote to it.
Looky here. :D

Rorrik wrote:Plot device, Mr Frodo. Minmax needs to grab the leash and use Kin as his attack dog for a couple rounds.
But this wouldn't work either, if it's the same kind of leash our Kin has. "Commit NO violent act" are the keywords here.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:14 pm

willpell wrote:I also don't think there's been any evidence that holding the leash allows controlling Kin or forcing her to obey orders; it just prevents her from attacking the holder. Dubiously worth the hand he'd need to devote to it.
Added a link to your statement.
But, later we learn this.

So, she has to obey, at least in our reality. Other realities might be different...

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:21 pm

I was just thinking what about the realities were kin didn't fall of the cart
those realities never mad it to the maze of many since kin could never have told them
but she could have told the map or gap and they could have gone, that would make one hell of a interesting story
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:58 pm

Krulle wrote:
Added a link to your statement.
But, later we learn this.

So, she has to obey, at least in our reality. Other realities might be different...
Here's the original statement from Goblinslayer. He says nothing about obedience (and would he hand the leash to a guard he's threatened to execute, if it was possible said guard would order Kin to attack him?). Your link is a soldier speaking; he might not know the exact details of how the leash works and might just assume it includes obedience. Perhaps she's always obeyed the leash-holder but only because she knew it was futile to do otherwise, rather than because she was compelled to.
GathersIngredients wrote:Looky here. :D
Ah. I stand corrected.
My long-neglected blog.