Twitter: [now] new colourist, again.

Discuss the comic here!
Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Twitter: [now] new colourist, again.

Post by Krulle » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:58 pm

current topic: new colourist

Quick link to
the post for the hospitalzation of Thunt.
Elli's coming-out.

last edits by Krulle: removed the references to posts to Thunt's "downtime". And the frequent changing of thread title; and the new link to Ellipsis' twitter account.

old stuff below:

Okay, there are some interesting tweets about which we can discuss here too. (And I even have to, since I do not have a Twitter account...)

Link to Thunt's Ellipsis' twitter account
https://twitter.com/Thunt_Goblins/status/347837506538057728 wrote:We've all seen characters cry in Goblins. Who's tear is this? http://pinterest.com/pin/404198135276978071/
► Show Spoiler
Now, while many already have guessed Big Ears, me thinks this is Saves a Fox.
The roundness of the face seems to fit so much better.

Any other guesses, or other tweets you want to discuss here in general?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Krulle on Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:25 pm, edited 94 times in total.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: Twitter tweets

Post by SamWiser » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:02 am

I think it's big ears. SavesaFox doesn't have much reason to be crying right now, and it's been a while since we have seen Big Ears.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Twitter tweets (currently: guessing tears)

Post by Krulle » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:07 am

Yeah, story wise in the comic. But the image may be for the upcoming video.

(Which upcoming video?)
https://twitter.com/Thunt_Goblins/status/347851318314012674 wrote:Another pic for the upcoming video. I'M ALMOST DONE! Then I can focus just on the comic! http://pinterest.com/pin/404198135276978557/ 
If the image comes from the upcoming comic pages:
Pro for Saves:
The last we saw of Saves a Foxwas her holding Dies Horribly's when Klik died.
That may be more than sufficient to make her cry.
She may be tougher than she looks, yet she's caring for the feelings of others (or why would she avoid owning magical artifacts to protect her father's feelings?)
Contra for Saves:
Thunt indicated that we'll return to the GAP after the MoM.

Edit: Currently hunting images in the comic archives. But the images load sooo slowly.
The colour seems to fit Saves a Fox better than Big Ears, who's more yellowish (if I remember correctly - that's why I want images)

friedkitty
Voices Opinions

Re: Twitter tweets (currently: guessing tears, Goblins video

Post by friedkitty » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:28 am

Is this video for the game? It must be, otherwise I want to know how Big Ears kicked Kore's *** and took his armor. :shock:

bcas77
Whispers Softly

Post by bcas77 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:50 am

o:)
friedkitty wrote:Is this video for the game? It must be, otherwise I want to know how Big Ears kicked Kore's *** and took his armor. :shock:
And then shrunk it too, apparently!

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:02 am

-Best regards LAYF

friedkitty
Voices Opinions

Post by friedkitty » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:08 am

OK. Now I really have to win that contest. I want.

**mutters under breath**
stoopid no money bank account bills suck BLAAARGH

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:34 pm

So, yes, it was Big Ears....

The pictures are great....
Will new pledges be made to receive this original art for the KS? (idea for you here)

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Twitter tweets (currently: .com transfer, altsplanations

Post by Krulle » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:54 am

.com transfer back to THunt
There was a back and forth:
THunt tweet wrote:Edited Update: Looks like the domain transfer is coming through this week.
(the blog posted: no we won't get .com back for a while)
And accompanied by the new "ad" image:
Image.
I felt like: Oh no, I have to go through all my posts and change the .com to .org in the links....

And now I read:
[url]https://twitter.com/Thunt_Goblins/status/360910574411988992[/url] 4:52 PM - 26 Jul 13 wrote:So we're about to start the process of switching control of http://www.goblinscomic.com to us. .com MIGHT go down for a few hours, but...
We'll see how much more it will go back and forth...
Not yet daring to get my hopes up, but I will also not start the big editing. :D
Altsplanations
https://twitter.com/Thunt_Goblins/status/361156706681622529 wrote:All 217 alts will some day be 'splained.
Let's see how many weeks of fillers that will give us?
Maybe prepare them, and when the next holiday comes up, use them?
And while I'm at it, a joke tweet repeated here:
Thunt_Goblins wrote:Since our FMK may lose this MoM run, they'll have to do it all again. It'll take about 2 more years. Mmmmm Now THAT'S good writing!

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Twitter tweets (currently: Books 1-4 and another project

Post by Krulle » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:01 pm

https://twitter.com/Thunt_Goblins/status/369664229076267008 wrote:After a meeting with a certain publisher at Gencon, we 'may' be looking at Goblins books 1-4 being released in less than 2 months!
Yay!

https://twitter.com/Thunt_Goblins/status/369665220047691776 wrote:Also, another HUGE Goblins project is in the works. I wish I was allowed to say more, but I can't (yet).
Yay?

DrinksTooMuchCoffee
Indulges in Conversation

Re: Spoilers for Nov 27

Post by DrinksTooMuchCoffee » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:04 pm

So this was tweeted (twote? twat?) yesterday. Just a mini preview of the next page:
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by DrinksTooMuchCoffee on Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Re: Re: Twitter tweets (currently: Books 1-4 and another pro

Post by SGTdude » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:11 pm

yeah i was surprised.

If THunt is smart, and we know he is, then he just tipped the hat toward the fact that there is some conceivable reason which could cause MM to not kill Complains. I mean its basically a needy "i lost more" argument. If either (or both) of them received the pity they want and the apology they feel they deserve, it is possible that there could be some middle ground. But that is going to take one heck of a mediator, or one major common enemy, or both.
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

Dagazzard
Of Few Words

Re: Twitter tweets (currently: Books 1-4 and another project

Post by Dagazzard » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:07 pm

DrinksTooMuchCoffee wrote:So this was tweeted (twote? twat?) yesterday. Just a mini preview of the next page:
► Show Spoiler
That looks awesome! =D
Last edited by Dagazzard on Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DrinksTooMuchCoffee
Indulges in Conversation

Post by DrinksTooMuchCoffee » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:18 pm

SGTdude wrote:But that is going to take one heck of a mediator, or one major common enemy, or both.
Complains and MinMax apparently started talking on their own, though. It looks like Complains said something about just walking away. I still like the idea of MinMax asking Forgath if Kore is that dwarf that's going to kill him. :)

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:53 am

Heh. Thanks for posting.
I missed it.
Didn't scroll down far enough yesterday....

(Link to original tweet:

Also, nice reply by Jahrel Jaeger:

Nerre
Game Master

Re: Re: Twitter tweets (currently: spoiler for 27 Nov)

Post by Nerre » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:32 am

Someone is about to lose a hand if this gets out of hand. XD
:zzz:

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: Twitter tweets (currently: spoiler for 27 Nov)

Post by WearsHats » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:03 pm

I really don't like to brag about my own work or swear. Knowing this, you can understand the gravity of my next tweet.

The next three pages of Goblins will blow your fucking minds.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Unlucky-for-Some
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Unlucky-for-Some » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:15 pm

I don't know what Thunt is on about ... my mind is blown on a regular basis by this comic :)
All hail the power of the stick!

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: Liesmith

Post by Liesmith » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:25 pm

Page 1: Forgath's injuries hamper his evasion of Kore's attacks, and he is beaten almost entirely to death. The final panel is a bloodied Forgath at negative HPs, and Kore moving in to perform a coup de grace.

Page 2: There is a "KWU FOOOM!" from behind Kore, and he spins to see Kin, who is now decked out in high-level gear. Her collar is missing. She seems as surprised to see Kore, and he gets an attack on her. The final panel is her easily grabbing his wrist with her indestructible tail, and breaking his arm.

Page 3: Kin tosses the Axe aside, leaving Kore completely disarmed. The two of them grapple for a moment, with Kin casting spells and Kore getting attacks of opportunity. Finally, she she gets the upper hand and begins to choke him with her tail, mirroring the earlier scene where she choked Psimax. The final panels are Kore reaching out with his unbroken arm, drawing Oblivious from thin air, and severing Kin's indestructible tail in one attack. Through the time-hole, we see a speech bubble from someone saying "Never again."
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed."
► Show Spoiler

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:11 pm

bcas77 wrote:o:)
friedkitty wrote:Is this video for the game? It must be, otherwise I want to know how Big Ears kicked Kore's *** and took his armor. :shock:
And then shrunk it too, apparently!
By the way, Magic armor adjusts in size to fit the wearer, IIRC. It's magic weapons that don't scale.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

Gryphonic
Voices Opinions

Post by Gryphonic » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:25 pm

RedwoodElf wrote:By the way, Magic armor adjusts in size to fit the wearer, IIRC. It's magic weapons that don't scale.
The Axe of Prissan apparently does.

Well, shall we take this last tweet as saying Kore/Forgath will wind up in three pages?
Image Joiiiiiin ussssssss.....

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:41 pm

Gryphonic wrote:
RedwoodElf wrote:By the way, Magic armor adjusts in size to fit the wearer, IIRC. It's magic weapons that don't scale.
The Axe of Prissan apparently does.

Well, shall we take this last tweet as saying Kore/Forgath will wind up in three pages?
Well it's an artifact, and artifacts follow their own rules.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:21 am

Liesmith wrote:Page 1: Forgath's injuries hamper his evasion of Kore's attacks, and he is beaten almost entirely to death. The final panel is a bloodied Forgath at negative HPs, and Kore moving in to perform a coup de grace.

Page 2: There is a "KWU FOOOM!" from behind Kore, and he spins to see Kin, who is now decked out in high-level gear. Her collar is missing. She seems as surprised to see Kore, and he gets an attack on her. The final panel is her easily grabbing his wrist with her indestructible tail, and breaking his arm.

Page 3: Kin tosses the Axe aside, leaving Kore completely disarmed. The two of them grapple for a moment, with Kin casting spells and Kore getting attacks of opportunity. Finally, she she gets the upper hand and begins to choke him with her tail, mirroring the earlier scene where she choked Psimax. The final panels are Kore reaching out with his unbroken arm, drawing Oblivious from thin air, and severing Kin's indestructible tail in one attack. Through the time-hole, we see a speech bubble from someone saying "Never again."
No no no no no no no! That cannot happen. Please don't let that happen. :'(
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: Liesmith

Post by Liesmith » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:01 am

SamWiser wrote:
Liesmith wrote:Page 1: Forgath's injuries hamper his evasion of Kore's attacks, and he is beaten almost entirely to death. The final panel is a bloodied Forgath at negative HPs, and Kore moving in to perform a coup de grace.

No no no no no no no! That cannot happen. Please don't let that happen. :'(
I'm not saying it's going to happen...but Minmax does occasionally position his hands in a fashion that would would also fit in a three-fingered glove:
► Show Spoiler
I'm sure that it won't turn out that an undying Minmax is actually Kore. Definitely.
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed."
► Show Spoiler

LordsBreed
Whispers Softly
UStream Username: LordsBreed

Re: Twitter tweets (currently: spoiler for 27 Nov)

Post by LordsBreed » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:26 pm

I really wish Thunt would stop posting crap like that. It's anti climatic.

To paraphrase Sheldon from the Big Gang Theory:

We are going in mind pre blown.

It takes away from it. Yes, I know Thunt is excited, but he just killed any excitement I had for it with his post.