24 September 2013: Altsplanations 9 ("After")

Discuss the comic here!
AntMac
Likes to Contribute

Re: 24 September 2013: Altsplanations 9 ("After")

Post by AntMac » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:57 pm

I really enjoyed this update. And then I read that guy emailing Thunt complaining that it was "only" an asplanation. So I gave that some thought, I am confused by the "only" bit. Really.

I never measure the work for "Interesting" or "Good", it just never occurs to me to do that.

There have been hundreds and hundreds of bits of "Good" in Goblins, there have been bits I simply have not understood and bits that made me cheer, and bits I can say offended my sensibilities and bits I have not cared for ( And of COURSE, that's not saying anything other than my sensibilities are different to the next persons, some people are offended by something, always ) and bits that made me go on Google and *shudder* learn new stuff ! ! ! lol.

I just read it all, I don't winnow it for goodness sake.

If the lad wants to print up an investigation into the magical economy of Brassmoon with extended reference to how the city council gauges how much V.A.T. is justified when the value is added by someone reading a lot of books then muttering and waving his hands about . . .

Im'ma gunna read it, laughing at the puns or groaning at them, as it suits me.

I just don't get , do. not. get. where people say "This was good this week" when it was all one meal, just the cook is pacing our gluttony out over some years. If he had published in in one book and we were all reading that, K'seliss was payment for every bit that was less than Pure Epic, surely?. :?

Unlucky-for-Some
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Unlucky-for-Some » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:14 am

I wonder if the Reality 156 version of After is what is trapped within the Axe of Prissan?
All hail the power of the stick!

langerhans
Of Few Words

Post by langerhans » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:12 am

Loyal Backstabber wrote:Huh... Interesting. So his reality is basically a zombie apocalypse, with Saral Caine being the protagonist of it. I'm betting Big Ears was turned into a zombie. Big Ears would have been killed by Saral if he weren't a paladin, and zombies can't be paladins, so if Big Ears got zombified, Saral would have won.
langerhans wrote:Anyone else just gain a newfound respect for saral caine? i mean i figured fairly early on in the altsplanation that it was probably caine speaking, but the reveal at the end still kind of sent a shiver down my spine, made this character seem like a real unstoppable badass in a way which i hadn't appreciated before.

all the more kudos to big ears then for killing the guy.
Really? You didn't think he was an unstoppable badass after he picked up a spider the size of a horse and threw it into a pit of orcs?
Being badass isn't about the size of a thing you can lift, it's about determination and courage in the face of a hopeless catastrophe.

Mithcoriel
Mutters to Themself

Post by Mithcoriel » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:25 am

Concerning the comment that Saral Caine may have doomed all the other worlds by sending zombies to them: are you guys referring to the fact that in DnD, zombies are normally not infectuous but these are?

Khazar
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Khazar » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:49 am

Mithcoriel: Not directly, but that is an important fact. I don't know much about DnD, but judging from your comment, this is indeed the case.

The problem with my theory is that a dead team could win the race (to be undead, first you have to die), which may not be true.

But... Psimax won the race after dying (and his team-mates were dead), and even more interestingly: not one part of him that "won" was even part of him originally, it was all reconstructed parts. This implies victory is not done on a "you are alive and hit the circle, therefore you win", but rather on a "you are from x reality, therefore x reality wins and whoever/whatever is left of you wins". Unfortunately this does mean the maze of many should be watched in case of zombies. Although... if you managed to push the orginal* zombies back into the maze they would be destroyed.

*original in your reality, not the first original.
I'm sorry, are you addressing me? Because your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass. - Doctor Krieger

gordo
Mumbles Incoherently
UStream Username: gordo

Post by gordo » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:19 am

spiderwrangler wrote:
Simon wrote:Edit: And we haven't seen the original zombie FMK party,
You mean these guys?
I think he meant not seeing then after the run started

If the unbanishment of not-Walter doesn't reset with the maze (there's this possibility, since he is in a separate part of time and space that never ocurred after someone wins), those guys just lost their last chance of a "critical hit" agains't the Z-nightmare.

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:38 am

gordo wrote:If the unbanishment of not-Walter doesn't reset with the maze (there's this possibility, since he is in a separate part of time and space that never ocurred after someone wins), those guys just lost their last chance of a "critical hit" agains't the Z-nightmare.
Well, not quite. We haven't seen most of the realities in this Maze. And further, on reset, PsiMax's reality is due to be replaced by ... some other reality.

There is always a chance that another reality has their own Not Walter. Not necessarily by name-guessing ... could be any number of reasons why they'd have the demon.

Or, perhaps a demon-hybrid thing in one of that reality's FMK characters, produced by the Shield of Wonder...?

ETA: And, with enough resets, eventually the zombie reality is going to be placed against a reality with demon as the first matchup out of the "starting gate" -- if it hasn't happened already (but then lost, were reset, powers gone...)?

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:50 am

langerhans wrote:Being badass isn't about the size of a thing you can lift, it's about determination and courage in the face of a hopeless catastrophe.
I was talking about how he picked up something many people are afraid of when they're much smaller, and then used it as a weapon. And from the "just", it sounded like he didn't even hesitate.
You know you're playing D&D when your party is bartering to get good prices on the sold equipment of a party member... While that party members stands 5 feet away and protests.

My forum game: The Unhallowed Isle (recruiting). OOC.

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:00 pm

I love the Altsplanations. I really want to know each of them. haha.

And it's nice to see how the zombies ended up there - I thought something more boring like them just randomly wandering in.
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!