Just a thought on the jade tea pot (Spoiler warning?)

Discuss the comic here!
Sidewaysgts
Whispers Softly

Just a thought on the jade tea pot (Spoiler warning?)

Post by Sidewaysgts » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:06 am

Spoiler/speculation warning!

Anyone else forget that the jade teapot has an interested quirk? Kin had stated previously that when you use the jade teapot to teleport to someone, the jade teapot stays behind. Considering she was pretty much exclusively after that tea pot.. It makes one wonder just how things will turn out. Do they really use it like we think to get to the goblin party? Considering its what kin was originally after, will she still be with them, or will they part ways (which sucks to think about for now)? Maybe the maze winds up being broken with no way for them to leave without using the teapot (if itd even work that way)? Maybe they agree to use the teapot to leave, and the other kins "win" the maze- that way all of them get out? Who knows!

Just some interesting food for thought for anyone whod forgotten that little detail to mold over.

RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Re: Just a thought on the jade tea pot (Spoiler warning?)

Post by RidcullyJack » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:15 am

I think they'll find a way for FMK and 3K to leave the MoM together to reality 156. Then 3K will take the teapot back to Kin's clan, and FMK will teleport to the GAP.

Lumenaught
Mumbles Incoherently
UStream Username: Lumenaught

Post by Lumenaught » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:56 am

Option (1) "Delay the inevitable."
#1 The 3Kin alter the exit gate to port For-Max to the GAP.
#2 3Kin say they will port our Kin to her home.
#3 Our Kin says she will use the Jpot to get back to Minmax. (Love cliffhanger)

Option (2) "Start missing how Kin's new butt is extra shiny... (lol! - Magical butt wax vs But acid!)
#1 Tearful goodbye due to peer pressure.
-----Cuz even if a human can see that yuan-ti are not monsters; that doesn't mean the yuan-ti are now all coming over for tea and crumpets or Minmax will see other monsters that way. Kin still hasn't seen Minmax kill any 'monsters'.
-----And its not like there is some predestined romantic tragedy were all waiting for... you know...

shikashaker
Mumbles Incoherently
UStream Username: Shikashaker

Post by shikashaker » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:29 pm

http://www.goblinscomic.org/02192013/

To go out of the maze they just have to enter the red circle :) the Teapot is only a prize, not the only way to get out of the MoM. :)
When the serpent becomes your prey,
friends will become enemies and love will fuel hate.

friedkitty
Voices Opinions

Post by friedkitty » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:46 am

shikashaker wrote:http://www.goblinscomic.org/02192013/

To go out of the maze they just have to enter the red circle :) the Teapot is only a prize, not the only way to get out of the MoM. :)
I think the point is that if the maze has been broken, and the pseudo-oblivion holes have disrupted it to the point of non-functionality, then the teapot MAY be the only way out now. The red circle may not work at all due to interference from the oblivion holes. In that case it is a perfectly rational theory.

Borys
Voices Opinions

Post by Borys » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:49 am

But if teapot teleports you to the specific person (let's say Complains of names)... and you are in another dimension that:
a. Do not contain Complains.
b. Is linked to over 200 other dimensions, most of them containing him.
Where will you be teleported then?
Complains of Everything in Minelings.
Boro in Call of Ctulhu - Filipstad
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

In God School as Dies in Battle

My own game! Castle Story Open for everyone!

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:44 pm

Simple: the teapot doesn't work inside the Maze of Many.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Post by RidcullyJack » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:00 pm

I agree that the Jade Teapot probably doesn't work between universes; however, the MoM does contain the severed head of Complains: comic; in fact, it contains the heads of most (all?) of the GAP, and the Jade Teaport might transport him to that GAP if he was to use it in the MoM. I don't think they'll use it before leaving the MoM.

Borys
Voices Opinions

Post by Borys » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:00 am

As I remember it contains heads of two GAP members and one unknown goblin, but I don't remember Complains being one of them.
► Show Spoiler
Acording to maze of many alts.
http://duke.a-comics.ru/fmk/
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

GriffinDWolf
Mumbles Incoherently
UStream Username: GriffinDWolf

Post by GriffinDWolf » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:30 am

Borys wrote:But if teapot teleports you to the specific person (let's say Complains of names)... and you are in another dimension that:
a. Do not contain Complains.
b. Is linked to over 200 other dimensions, most of them containing him.
Where will you be teleported then?
I would think it would work similar to how "death note" works. you picture the persons name and face as you see/remember it and that is the only way it works, If it is as valuable complex item as I would think it is, it should deduce the reality you are thinking of and teleport you to the one you are thinking of....because if the realities are an issue what would make it stop from porting you to another reality which is very similar. (On that note it could just phase you to another reality where the only difference is the innkeeper has purple socks instead of green, and you would never know mhahaha.) Anyways you would be picturing the person you know which would/could mean the person from that reality, it would be more complicated if our group actually knew more then one Complains that were very similar but the only multiples the party has met is of themselves. Of course this is all speculation because we have no idea how the teapot actually works. For all we know you have to make tea and crumpets while singing "I'm a little tea pot" and writing the persons name on a napkin or boil tea with the blood, hair, or skin of the person for it to work.

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: Liesmith

Post by Liesmith » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:50 pm

Here's my theory:

1) Minmax always refers to complains as "Names"
2) The Noe/No/Know situation wasn't a throwaway gag, but instead clever forshadowing.
3) Minmax will say something like "We need to get to those goblins, but I only know one of their names." *FWOOOOSH*
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed."
► Show Spoiler

Borys
Voices Opinions

Post by Borys » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:46 am

Every sound can be somebody's name. I think you need to be willing to be teleported to the particular person, otherwise what would happen if many people have the same name? Also Noe is dead right now.
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Liesmith » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:04 pm

Borys wrote:Every sound can be somebody's name. I think you need to be willing to be teleported to the particular person, otherwise what would happen if many people have the same name? Also Noe is dead right now.
I agree, but consider that, in my example, Minmax would be saying Complains' name, while referring to Complains, and visualizing him with an intent to travel to him. If any situation could cause the Teapot to fire acidentally, that'd be it.
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed."
► Show Spoiler

Borys
Voices Opinions

Post by Borys » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:09 pm

I thought you think saying "...I know..." would teleport you to Noe under Vipers camp.
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:35 pm

I seriously doubt the Jade Teapot will be voice-activated, or why would it be a teapot? They're probably going to drink from it.

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Liesmith » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:09 pm

BuildsLegos wrote:I seriously doubt the Jade Teapot will be voice-activated, or why would it be a teapot? They're probably going to drink from it.
Why would it be a teapot? Friends don't let friends drink and enchant. The Shield of Wonder was just an Anymug that got out of hand.
► Show Spoiler

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:24 am

My best guess as to how the teapot works: It actually brews a special tea that acts as a "Teleport potion" - you just think of the person you want to teleport to when you drink the tea. This explains why the teapot is left behind.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation

Post by BuildsLegos » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:19 am

In other words, exactly what I was saying but with better detail.