How far have we come?

Discuss the comic here!
BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Re: How far have we come?

Post by BuildsLegos » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:54 am

There's no doubt in my mind that Saral didn't think Ears was rage-worthy; he had no way of knowing the armor would give bigger stat-boosts and even with half as many fingers, rage is best reserved for the horde supposedly ready to storm the gates.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

Morrack
Mutters to Themself

Post by Morrack » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:57 pm

I can understand that the comic will be running for a few more years, but simultaneously it worries me a little.
What will happen when Thunt will, for some reason, not be able to continue with his comic?
Does anybody know? Has he talked about that?

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:19 am

I think he is hoping that nothing happens. Nothing major has happened so far that I know of. If something major happened that forced him to stop the comic for some reason (the only thing I can think of is an injury of some sort), then I assume he or his wife would get a normal job until he was healed, then continue. I'm sure THunt and Danielle have talked about it. Then again, chances are nothing like that will happen, plus he is Canadian, so if he is injured, then he gets health care provided by the government, so they wouldn't have any huge hospital bills.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Marnath
Is Heard Often

Post by Marnath » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:16 am

The Rotting King wrote:I always thought that maybe Saral Caine was the Barbarian who killed Kills-A-Werebear all those years ago, and took his crown as a trophy, which means Chief would have been wearing a replica. Unless I'm way off here.
I'm pretty sure the goblins would have mentioned that if it had happened. "Hey look, it's your dad's old crown!"

ForgetsOldName
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: TwoCoo

Post by ForgetsOldName » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:53 am

Actually Thunt's been in the hospital recently. It's in his twitter stream. I can't really tell what is happening though.

Anyhow I did hear Thunt address this once on the live stream. I can't really remember what he said. But if he wasn't able to continue Danielle and his family would gain ownership of the comic and his notes, and they would have to decide what to do with them. I think there is a good chance that they would hire someone to continue based on the notes. The comic is worth a fair amount of money and hopefully it would still be profitable enough for it to keep going.
The old name was Twocoo. The avatar is the scariest thing in Wizardry I, circa 1981.

The Rotting King
Mutters to Themself

Post by The Rotting King » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:50 pm

Marnath wrote:
The Rotting King wrote:I always thought that maybe Saral Caine was the Barbarian who killed Kills-A-Werebear all those years ago, and took his crown as a trophy, which means Chief would have been wearing a replica. Unless I'm way off here.
I'm pretty sure the goblins would have mentioned that if it had happened. "Hey look, it's your dad's old crown!"
That's... a very good point. Chief did take notice after he looked at Saral Caine's corpse, and then stated that the crown he was wearing is the only crown the clan ever had, and that there's only ever been one... http://www.goblinscomic.org/11062007/ ...Kills-A-Werebear died quite a few years ago, if I'm not mistaken, so Chief might have been too young to remember the specifics of the battle, and if most of the other goblins are around his age (with the exception of Thaco) then they might not have realized it's a different crown either. Nobody seemed to make a big deal of Caine's belt, so maybe nobody noticed except Chief?

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Nobody cared enough about it to jump at the sight of the crown, except for Chief, whose burden it is too wear it, although he is obviously uncomfortable with being chief of the clan. It's his symbol of failed power. So he naturally reacts much faster to it than the others.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)