Clan Altogetha: Aftermath

For all games that are now over.
I'mBob
Game Master

Re: Clan Altogetha: Turn 51

Post by I'mBob » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:00 am

Soul buys the book with the money Sees gave him and reads the book.

"Thanks Sees. Wonder what spell it holds..."
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:33 pm

Turn 55

The gang joins together and has a bit of a spending spree. Dodger buys first the discount card, then the [Machine Part], the [Jar of Funky Blue Gunk], and the [Scroll of Magic Missile: 1 use. Make an armor ignoring, ranged attack that will not fail to hit, at your ATK +1.]. He also sells a [Dagger: +1-2 ATK. Main hand or Offhand. Slashing damage.]. Licks turns his [Rare Snakeskin: Looks pricy.] in for a hefty 12 [Golden discs]. Sees buys the [Healing Seeds: Can be permanently affixed to the palms of the owner to confer the Lay on Hands ability.] donates the rest of his gold to Soul, who buys the [Red Book o' Tricks].

Thundershock: By expending a number of hitpoints equal to 3 plus the number of enemies in the room, the user makes an attack against each of these enemies at their ATK +2. Has a 33% chance to stun any enemy it hits for 1 turn.

Soul gained [Aura, Awakened Thunder: +2 to air based attacks]

*Ding* The loyalty card activates, glowing briefly gold, and a bright green belt comes tumbling out. Anyone who bought an item has dibs.

OoC: To solve the problem of having to come back here and wait around, Fairy Vend Inc. is providing each party member with a Personal Delivery Device, which will let them access to the shop at any time or place. It will also alert them when new stock comes into the shop.

FAO Nerre: The Lay on Hands healing won't stack with cleric healing, so you might like to volunteer another party member to gain the secondary heal :)

Current Stats:
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Jibjib on Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Psychosis is such an ugly word... I prefer Internalised Reality Warping.

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:00 pm

Yay, update! :D

Sees asks the fairy if she can tell him what the pink funky gunk is he found and what it is worth. He also asks what she would give him for one hand full of the glass shards.
:zzz:

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:52 am

Licks asks Soul, if he could get one of his golden discs and Dodger to lend him the discount card. If he gets both, he'll buy the bow and arrows(?) in the lower left corner.
He also volunteers to be the one the healing seeds are affixed too, since Sees can't use them.
Since he didn't buy anything yet, he leaves the belt for the others.

Afterwards he goes back into the room with the machine, and, if the last part is put in its place, he helps operate it.
► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:07 am

Turn 55 and a bit no game time taken, don't worry :P

The pixie chuckles as he answers Sees:

"Heh, I'm a pixie dude, fairies are all about trees and flowers, us pixies are a little sparkier. Hmm, sandglass, that'll go for 2 gold per handful. The pink stuff? I haven't got any records about it. Looks like the same kind of vial as the blue one though, huh."

edited a few things too:
► Show Spoiler
Also, to clarify, you can buy and sell stuff from the FairyVend gadget wherever you are in the dungeon :)

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:17 am

It doesn't matter who has the discount card right, we all get it?

I got two seeds, at least the picture was two. Does this mean I can give it to two persons, or does one person need both to use the spell?

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:27 am

@Nerre: Yup, it's shared by the whole group... both seeds for one person, one implanted in each palm :)

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:35 am

Hey, I have a problem with my internet provider which does not allow me to see the pictures of the update... So if you guys could vote for my actions it would be great.
► Show Spoiler

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:03 pm

"I'd like that belt if that's alright with everyone else. How many gold discs do we have left? Should we try getting that bow if we have enough?" Dodger reaches to grab the belt thing and equip it if no one has any issues. He tries to identify what the funky blue junk is.

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:25 pm

Update incoming (I'm assuming that Dodger gives Licks the machine part to use)

As the only thing left in this level is the machine which you can access remotely, I hope it's cool if I move the group on to the next one, keep things fresh like :P

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:14 pm

Turn 56 (in which we reach a new level!)

Licks places the last part in the machine, which grumbles slowly into life, lifting a slab of stone from the floor. A second magical door is revealed, this one a dark shade of blue. He also clubs together with Soul to buy the bow and quiver from FairyVend. The bow is finely made and inlaid with the bone of some strange creature. The scroll delivered with them marks them to be a [Wild Bow: +2 ATK] and a [Quiver of Growth: Regrows arrows, like that one that guard had in that comic that one time.]

In the other room, Dodger examines the [Vial of Blue Funky Gunk] for clues to it's use. There are no obvious markings on the glass, it's just a small simple vial of the kind used to store potion ingredients. He also picks up the green belt and puts it on. He instantly feels a rush of power to his limbs: the belt is a [Circle of Power: Add an additional damage point to any attack you make.]

The gang, finished with this level, pile through the portal and find themselves having to hold their breath. They are in a small cavern which is filled halfway with cold water, and spanned partly by a small wooden jetty, on which sits a bent old lady gnome and a lively black kitten.

"Welcome Gethans, Derris has been waiting for you, as have I. It's been many a moon since we've had a visitor in his dungeon."

Current Stats:
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Jibjib on Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:31 pm

The Machine Part should probably be removed from my Inventory, unless I'm That Good!

Also the Circle of Power should probably be under equipment, since I assume I'm going to be wearing it.

As for Actions, Dodger is going to be Stealthy and observe the situation. If anything attacks the group Dodger will do his best to backstab it with his cutlass.

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:31 am

Soul swims up to the surface "Gah! I hate water!" he says.

"Hello there woman. What are you doing in this dungeon? You live here? Why would you live in a dungeon?"
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:32 am

Licks bends down to the kitty and lets it smudge against his legs, if it wants this. He'll also let it sniff his hands, and pet it, if the cat wants this, too.
If anything attacks, he'll fight back.

Vote: Worf passes the cat and the lady, unless they object, and checks out the room to the left.
► Show Spoiler

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:16 am

Vote: Worf speaks with the cat, asking it about the maze.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:37 am

Sees greats the woman and climbs out of the water. "Hello, my name is Sees the truth. Can you tell us a bit more about this place?" he asks.

If he gets a positive feedback or none, he moves into the next room, shield raised.

Jibjib
Game Master

Re: Clan Altogetha: Turn 56

Post by Jibjib » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:00 pm

Drawing all the rooms for this section and just did my favorite one of the whole game. It's cheesy, cliched and utterly amazing :P

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:04 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:31 am

► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:51 am

kind of reminded me of a praying mantis, except for the snake tail. Or hydralisks from Starcraft, they also got those sharp blade-arms. :)

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:34 am

Yeah I also thought of the Hydralisk.
► Show Spoiler

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:37 pm

Turn 57

Dodger stealths, in case trouble arises.

"Hello there woman. What are you doing in this dungeon? You live here? Why would you live in a dungeon?"
"Hello, my name is Sees the truth. Can you tell us a bit more about this place?"

Soul and Sees talk to the old gnome lady.

"Yes, dearie, I live here. My name is Dala. My husband Derris and I live here, have done for hundreds of years. He's a wizard you know, terribly good with all kinds of time-alteration spells. We live here because my Derris needs the 'untapped magical essence' in the rocks to study. I don't know much of such things, I just like to bake and knit the odd scarf. Still, it's been just us and Berry here for many a moon now. Derris whips up the odd 'creation' now and then too. If you'd care to go speak to him, he's in his study. Just head behind me, the door's open."

Licks bends down and pets Berry, who purrs excitedly and rubs against Licks' hand.

Sees then accompanies Worf into the next room, which seems to be a hub for the whole level. The first door on the middle level is ajar.
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:51 pm

OOC: reminds me of monster AG.

"Ok Worf, this is strange. So many doors. Either it is some kind of trick game with one leading to another - maybe with some exceptions, or this dungeon is huge. 9 rooms would be a lot to check. The first one is open, maybe this is where Dala came from. I think we should stay together, let's go into the second door, don't want to walk into her private rooms without asking. We can check the open door as the last one."

Sees the walks into the second door on this level, joined by Worf. In case of attack, the fight, in case of chests/boxes/shelves and similar stuff, they loot.

vote: Worf joins Sees.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:01 am

@ team: Sorry, but could we please settle the question of who gets the healing seeds before we possibly get into any more fights? Just keeping them in Sees' inventory isn't going to do any of us any good...
And as I said before, Licks volunteers to have them attached into his palms. But really, anyone getting them would benefit the whole clan.

Actions:
Very happy about his friendly encounter with the cat, Licks greets the lady with a nod and introduces himself. "Me Licks. What about. Other doors?"
Practically exhausted from talking this much (with his poor, numb tongue, from always licking frost, no less!) he listens patiently to whatever the female gnome has to tell him and then, with another nod that is meant to say 'bye for now' moves to the left. If he still can move, he'll follow the lady's advice and go into the study, to see her husband Derris.
► Show Spoiler

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:15 am

Dodger goes into the room full of doors and searches the area for any hidden traps, switches, panels, or treasure.