Get Better Soon Thunt!

Discuss the comic here!
BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Get Better Soon Thunt!

Post by BeanDip » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:16 pm

I don't think there's a topic for this yet but I saw Thunt's twitter feed and wanted to say: Thunt, if you're reading this know that we're thinking about you and wishing for the best. Get better soon! :)

Oh, and when they take your blood, ask for the butterfly needle. It's a much smaller needle than the one they normally use and most nurses don't mind if you ask nicely. ;) At least that's how it is at my oncologist's office, not sure if it's the same in Canada.
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: Get Better Soon Thunt!

Post by WearsHats » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:39 pm

I'm hoping it's something simple. I have a close relative whose liver enzymes have been off for the last few years. They're not sure why, and they're keeping an eye on it, but so far she's perfectly fine. Meantime, she's just being cautious - staying away from alcohol, etc.

As for butterflies... I personally hate them. I can feel them fluttering. But I'm weird that way.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:46 pm

Ah... Yea.. I two hope its nothing to dab.. Thunt, get better you!
BeanDip wrote:
Oh, and when they take your blood, ask for the butterfly needle. .
Hmm.. ehm.. hehe... Butterfly needle is just because of the way it is set to the skin (the wings) They exists in all sort of sizes... but yes... the general one is smaller than those used for blood tests...
-Best regards LAYF

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:47 pm

I hope it's nothing and your doctor is just being overcautious. :)
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Catmandont
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: Ajrimmerstu

Post by Catmandont » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:52 pm

THunt, get well soon!

..and if they DO end up taking blood, you should totally react like Buddy the Elf:
"And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit." The Tick

Hey! Why are you reading this? It's bad for your eyes, and there's nothing to see here; no words of wit or sage like advice.... Nope, none of that crap... Still here? Well, I guess you can stay for a little while, but no touching. Ok, MAYBE a little bit of touching, but don't expect a kiss... Oh, and don't expect me to cuddle afterwards, either. This is purely physical in nature, and you can't REALLY want something serious after everything we've been through? Fine... 20 seconds of heavy petting, and that's IT! Annnnnnnd done...

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:06 pm

WearsHats wrote:As for butterflies... I personally hate them. I can feel them fluttering.
The bugs or the needles?

Generally, I don't like bugs or needles. But butterfly bugs are pretty, so I don't squish them or let my cats eat them.

Unlucky-for-Some
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Unlucky-for-Some » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:43 pm

I also would like to add my hopes that it is nothing too serious and that you get well soon Thunt.

I'd also like to add my name to the list of people who do NOT like needles and would therefore vote in favour of the smaller butterfly needle if it is appropriate :)
All hail the power of the stick!

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:58 am

I meant the needle. I like the insect. I'll spare you the details.

The more common problem is that since the needle is smaller it takes longer to fill the tubes.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler