Requests for Forums/Features?

For creating groups, suggesting features, reporting problems and the like.
Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Re: Requests for Forums/Features?

Post by Amara » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:56 am

They mean for the card game itself, not the kickstarter. C:

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:04 am

Ayeaka wrote:They mean for the card game itself, not the kickstarter. C:
This.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:10 am

From the latest podcast:
Thunt wrote:If you have thought, "I would like to see Biscuit and K'Sellis fight," but you're too lazy to write a fan fiction... The whole point of it is to, uh... What would happen if Minmax teamed up with Big Ears and they went off like a buddy cop movie and just took care of everything together, the two of them? And you can do that and see what happens. And if other people start messing with your story. And the whole thing comes together and creates this big story that, hopefully... I'd like to have an area on the forums where you can play the game, and you can go into the forums and explain what happened in your story. (And hopefully it isn't better than my story, because that would be embarrassing.)
(Emphasis mine.)

So that seems to be a vote in favor.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose
UStream Username: See_a_Moose

Post by SeeAMoose » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:39 am

Where should it go?
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:55 am

Subforum of Games?
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:19 pm

So I'd like to bump my request for a fanfiction subforum. I suggest it goes as a subforum in Bookclub or as a subforum in Communities. I think it would get far more visibility, and therefore use, as a Communities subforum. The turn out of WearsHats' recent fanfiction contest and the subsequent replies regarding it show that there is a strong interest for writing fanfiction in old members, new members and as of yet unregistered members.

Can I get a yes or no? If no, why not? :)
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:39 pm

I shall set this up tomorrow.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:02 am

Yay! Thank you! :mrgreen:
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:49 am

BeanDip wrote:Yay! Thank you! :mrgreen:
So now that it's open for business, you'll be posting the first one... right?
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

BeanDip

Post by BeanDip » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:45 am

Wolfie wrote:
BeanDip wrote:Yay! Thank you! :mrgreen:
So now that it's open for business, you'll be posting the first one... right?
Heh. Maybe not the very first one as I am busy and don't have anything prepared immediately but yes I will most certainly be active and using it. :)

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:07 am

and FYI, I posted this in the Fan Fic Thread as well, the Fan Fic subforum is a Hidden forum, so no bots or Guests can see.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:06 pm

Just out of curiosity, can you explain why you made it hidden? It seems like a strange subforum to do that in.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:48 pm

SamWiser wrote:Just out of curiosity, can you explain why you made it hidden? It seems like a strange subforum to do that in.
Well, to me at least, Fan Fic is somewhat copyrighted to the writer and some people may be a bit hesitant to share their private work if they know that anyone off the street can stop by and steal it. I know that nobody from here would ever do that (yes that was sarcasm and supreme hope all rolled up into one) but I would rather not take chances with the mass public.

I also put a 5 post limit before you can see it and post in it. That is only so that a member can become somewhat established as a forumite before being able to post there... to keep out spammers and whatnot. :D

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:36 pm

Question: If we're going to make fic prompt contests a regular thing, should those be in the fic section or the contest section? Maybe have the active one in contests and move completed ones to the fic section? Not sure. What do you guys think?

► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:46 pm

Wolfie wrote:
SamWiser wrote:Just out of curiosity, can you explain why you made it hidden? It seems like a strange subforum to do that in.
Well, to me at least, Fan Fic is somewhat copyrighted to the writer and some people may be a bit hesitant to share their private work if they know that anyone off the street can stop by and steal it. I know that nobody from here would ever do that (yes that was sarcasm and supreme hope all rolled up into one) but I would rather not take chances with the mass public.

I also put a 5 post limit before you can see it and post in it. That is only so that a member can become somewhat established as a forumite before being able to post there... to keep out spammers and whatnot. :D
I didn't think of that. That's smart.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

friedkitty
Voices Opinions

Post by friedkitty » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:27 am

WearsHats wrote:Maybe have the active one in contests and move completed ones to the fic section?
This. I think separating a contest out of Contest would just be confusing. But completed ones could be moved to fanfic, (or artist's alley for fanart) when done. I think the more exposure you give to the finished ones, the more people will participate in later ones.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:44 am

We can always move them but leave a shadow link here for others to follow

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:14 am

That works.

Also, since the current contest is over, that thread can go back to the contests section; no need for it to be a global announcement anymore.

► Show Spoiler

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins

Post by Wolfie » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:54 pm

Yessssssa ma'sah *hobbles off dragging an arm and limping weirdly*
► Show Spoiler

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:04 am

I know it is so for a while now, but I still get confused and then subsequently annoyed by the pinned topics that look no different from "normal" topics aside from having a gentle shade difference.

Could you perhaps, please, PLEASE change it?

To make it fit in the theme, pinned topics could have a shield icon with an arrow stuck in them. Because, you know pinned.
Inventing forum games since '10 ...
Skill Table Cheat Sheet for my players in the Minesweepers game.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Post by SeeAMoose » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:58 pm

We are trying to find time to build an entirely new theme from scratch, several of them in fact. We will make sure that this is addressed in any new theme.
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:16 pm

I have a feature request. Would it be possible to work in a dice system, particularly for use in the forum games section?

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:40 pm

This has been up before, the down site of it (as it seems) is that there are few dice systems out there for PhPBB.. and many of them are bugged and outdated.

But off-cause, I cannot talk for Moose if a new system should come up...
-Best regards LAYF

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Post by SeeAMoose » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:14 pm

I will keep my eyes open... but I know a dice roller was the reason LSN's forum was corrupted and I'm not willing to risk the same here unless I am positive we can do it properly. I think the more likely option is that I'll try to set up an embedded chat linked to one of our chatrooms and then you'd be able to use the dice roller there.

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:46 am

Can someone change the way resized images are shown? So when you click on it, it opens full-size in a new tab instead of executing some intricate javascript nuisance.