Raptor at Heart - OoC discussion/chat

Home to all current Forum Games.
nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Re: Raptor at Heart - OoC discussion/chat

Post by nikohl » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:38 pm

Meh, I'm working based on the knowledge that half of us haven't quite got the hang of walking in a straight line yet, rather than any knowledge of dinosaur anatomy...and the more experienced members of the group just struggled to kill it's crappy baby, let alone a giant version of that.

Entirely possible we could take it, but... Brigitte saw that it killed one of us in one fairly lazy hit, sees that it's a good 10x her mass, and thinks that's a big ol' Nope.

(Edit to add: Good luck though. I'm just worried that you're not going to manage it, 'cos you're small/still growing.)

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:44 pm

I think there's a good chance I might die. I'm having fun with it and playing to Hoff's personality. He fights. It's what he does. Let's see how much pain it will cause him! :D

Hoff knows jack about dinosaurs, doesn't even know the names of them. He just knows that he's angry and wants to fight. His instincts are helping a bit with telling him to slash with his claws not his arms but I fully expect that I might fail in my attack and die like Allysa.

Also, Hoff doesn't want Doug to die. He likes Doug. Lauren just earned a ton of respect from him too.
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:06 pm

Well Sam is with him. Sam really needs to learn the names of the other dino's too. It would make storytelling much easier.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:24 pm

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... on.svg.png This is a size comparison chart. Most of you are around the 6' mark. Hoff is 4' =D It makes for an amusing visual

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:28 pm

Oh I just remembered, you are allowed to use my character in whatever way you want and I don't need any particular recognition.

And Hoff could more or less get beneath it and attack the throat then xD
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:37 pm

Throat is what I was thinking.

You can use my character if you want to as well.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:46 pm

for some reason i was thinking the size comparison was much greater. I mean, this tri-top is supposedly knocking over trees, and from my understanding, though they may be soft-wooded trees, they were more than sapplings. Thus, i am confused, It seems that I was thinking of a much much larger creature.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:52 pm

Ditto. From the picture, it doesn't look much bigger than us.

Then again, my brain keeps telling me velociraptors are turkey-sized, when they aren't at all, which isn't helping >.<

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:59 pm

BadgeAddict wrote:for some reason i was thinking the size comparison was much greater. I mean, this tri-top is supposedly knocking over trees, and from my understanding, though they may be soft-wooded trees, they were more than sapplings. Thus, i am confused, It seems that I was thinking of a much much larger creature.
I'm sorry, i suck at clarifying things sometimes. Yes, this particular trike is a gargantuan. I meant the image reference for general ideals >.<

The trike you are up against is easily 45' long, accounting for its ability to ram over even large trees, where the reference shows them as averaging 30 feet long. I really should have put time into describing it better in the post itself. I'll do better with that from here out! Forgive me >.<

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:03 pm

Forgiven

well, haha, its not that, i simply feel like a wuss for running from something so small, Also, i understand the trike is in blood-lust mode. However, upon reaching a point where it is now facing off against enough creatures to take it down, i would run.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:06 pm

I feel a bit more justified in running away from this big bugger now, or at least in trying to run away. No-one else seems to be coming with me, but oh well. I will live with being considered a chicken :lol:

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:12 pm

and we'll all die trying to attack! Yay! Fun times to be had by all!
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:17 pm

Thus far it seems four of you have chosen to fight while three are running. Last to make their decision is Terrence!

Soon as he makes his decision i'll start doing responsive posts and get the fight underway as well as cover things pertaining to the runners.

Hey, there are reasons I made it a choice. I also have things lined up based on the choices made as well as based on how many make what choice. The choices so far affect several factors down the road.

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:20 pm

Sorry for posting here even tho' not playing, but it's just too intriguing. :D

An encouraging video on youtube for you.
Inventing forum games since '10 ...
Skill Table Cheat Sheet for my players in the Minesweepers game.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:22 pm

Great motivation since one person is already down and we are more than 3 other raptors to attack :D
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

kurik
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by kurik » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:26 pm

*Sigh*

Brock got stupid. We're all going to die, I just want you all to know that.

Augment to my action posted in the game thread.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:31 pm

B might not even manage to run at this rate. After all, she ran in before she ran away. Might get impaled before she can turn tail and run! Haha. I'm hoping not though, I like this character. She's playing differently than I thought she would.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:37 pm

Sam is a lot braver than I though he would be. Also, Kurik, we will survive. I hope.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:39 pm

LooksAndSmiles wrote:Sorry for posting here even tho' not playing, but it's just too intriguing. :D

An encouraging video on youtube for you.
Ah, you know we've nothing against you chatting with us on it! There is always the waiting list, too.

kurik
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by kurik » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:40 pm

Always expect the worst, and you're usually pleasantly surprised.
Thought I'd share some dino art blogs I follow on tumblr.

http://fuckyeahdinoart.tumblr.com/
http://paleoillustration.tumblr.com/
http://dryptosaurus.tumblr.com/
The last one seems to mostly be older art, with little feathering. The other two have both with and without. But all three of them have stuff I've never seen or rarely see.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:31 am

About halfway down Paleo Illustration is a pretty sweet Raptor. Featherier than us but still neat!

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:36 am

kurik wrote:Always expect the worst, and you're usually pleasantly surprised.
Thought I'd share some dino art blogs I follow on tumblr.

http://fuckyeahdinoart.tumblr.com/
http://paleoillustration.tumblr.com/
http://dryptosaurus.tumblr.com/
The last one seems to mostly be older art, with little feathering. The other two have both with and without. But all three of them have stuff I've never seen or rarely see.
Thanks for the links!

I spent like 2 hours browsing the first one yesterday, it's indeed pretty good. :)
Now I have to find the time to check out the other ones, too. :paranoia:

Dinos bring back memories, I remember loving them when I was a small kid... Guess I've grown out of them a bit by now. But... dragons. So yeah.
Inventing forum games since '10 ...
Skill Table Cheat Sheet for my players in the Minesweepers game.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:54 am

Sorry for the delay guys, response will be up tonight. been a bit busy.

kurik
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by kurik » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:32 pm

LooksAndSmiles wrote:Thanks for the links!

I spent like 2 hours browsing the first one yesterday, it's indeed pretty good. :)
Now I have to find the time to check out the other ones, too. :paranoia:

Dinos bring back memories, I remember loving them when I was a small kid... Guess I've grown out of them a bit by now. But... dragons. So yeah.
Welcome :D

I was mega into paleontology as a kid, I haven't kept up on it as much as I could the last 10 years or so, but it's still a major interest.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:49 pm

As the small chicken like creature that I am, i suppose I'll create my own kingdom in this new world after the rest of you are killed. "flee to fight another day and all"