Thunt giving away free Goblins PDFs tonight

Discuss the comic here!
WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Thunt giving away free Goblins PDFs tonight

Post by WearsHats » Sat May 04, 2013 4:57 pm

ICYMI, Thunt make this blog post a little while ago. He's going to be broadcasting tonight, and, in honor of Free Comic Book Day, Danielle will be giving out free copies of the PDFs of Books 1 and 2 to (as far as I can tell) anyone who asks. Broadcast hasn't started yet, but it sounds like they'll be on pretty late. Stay tuned!
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: Thunt giving away free Goblins PDFs tonight

Post by SamWiser » Sat May 04, 2013 7:06 pm

The live broadcast is starting now.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Daisy
Remains Silent

Post by Daisy » Sat May 04, 2013 7:56 pm

Got my copy of the PDF and I can't wait to read through it later :> I love this stream btw

LegalsLagsIssue
Mumbles Incoherently
UStream Username: LegalsLagsIssues

Post by LegalsLagsIssue » Sat May 04, 2013 8:43 pm

Truth. Also, If you desire a book, either leave your email in the chatroom or pm Danielle (the_kender) with your email. Make sure to check your spam folder!

I've been informed that IRC pm's seem to not work, so use the chatroom if you're using IRC.

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Sat May 04, 2013 11:39 pm

Any chance of me getting a PDF based on this timestamp?

Edit: I deleted stuff. Oddly, I can't delete the whole post?
Last edited by ThroughTheWell on Sat May 11, 2013 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

Xavier78
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Xavier78 » Sun May 05, 2013 1:15 am

The one day all week that I wasn't home. *sigh*

Kamos
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Kamos » Sun May 05, 2013 1:23 am

Heh likewise. I was at work all day. Ah well I'll probably want the physical editions eventually anyways.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun May 05, 2013 1:34 am

I'm pretty sure that you can buy books 1 and 2 for 5 dollars. It isn't free, but it isn't that bad.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun May 05, 2013 1:59 am

Well, I've tried several times now to catch Thunt drawing live.
What can I say? His times and mine simply don't match.....
I really should see into getting an account which allows paying in american (I mean the continents(s)) shops as well as allowing payment in dollars (whether USoA or Canadian is of a minor importance...).

Lazy me.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sun May 05, 2013 2:48 am

try paypall.. thats what I use and it works fine :)
-Best regards LAYF

Orga the Strange
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Orga the Strange » Sun May 05, 2013 5:33 am

Since I didn't say this last night, Thanks for the free comic, guys! ^,,,^
Unhallowed Isle - Gru-Baak Ironheart
Magic, Mazes, and Monsters Oh my! 2 - Bal-Ghash Zajar/Mage

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun May 05, 2013 8:57 am

LooksAtYouFunny wrote:try paypall.. thats what I use and it works fine :)
Nope. Not going to use services based in the USoA....
My wife's money disappeared, for aleged "fraude" with her account... We proved where every cent of the money came from and listed where it did go. When they "released" the account (less than 25Ôé¼), they tried to charge us 49US-$ for the release of our money! Nope, some lawyer is handling that... (I don't even follow the case, for me the money is lost and some client-protection foundation is handling our case as part of a larger case...
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Sun May 05, 2013 11:00 am

SamWiser wrote:I'm pretty sure that you can buy books 1 and 2 for 5 dollars. It isn't free, but it isn't that bad.
GOBLINS BOOK II (Softcover) $24.99
GOBLINS BOOK I (Softcover) Our Price: $24.99
GOBLINS BOOK II (Limited Edition HARDCOVER) Our Price: $39.99
GOBLINS TWO-BOOK COMBO PACK (BOOK I & II Softcovers)Sale Price: $44.98
???
Plus shipping.

EDIT: Oh, you were talking about eBooks. Sorry, but I prefer physical copies.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sun May 05, 2013 11:44 am

I have the physical copies. I also got one of the PDFs from Danielle yesterday. There is bonus material in the PDF which does not appear in the physical copies.

The physical copy of Book 1 includes a story about Not Walter and the origin of Forgath's helmet. The PDF includes the Not Walter story, Thunt writing about the origins and early days of Goblins, a fumble chart that Thunt used in his D&D games, a couple of pages of Thunt's very messy stick-figure draft scripts, concept sketches for the Drow Adventuring Party and Forgath, a few pages of an early version of Goblins which used kobolds, a very strange comic from Thunt's early days which he says he's showing off mostly because of how horrible it is (it's actually kind of fun), and some "minor" spoilers which Thunt said had all already come to pass... except that there's at least one that we haven't hit yet.

I wonder what's in the Book 2 ebook.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Sun May 05, 2013 12:15 pm

WearsHats wrote:I have the physical copies. I also got one of the PDFs from Danielle yesterday. There is bonus material in the PDF which does not appear in the physical copies.

The physical copy of Book 1 includes a story about Not Walter and the origin of Forgath's helmet. The PDF includes the Not Walter story, Thunt writing about the origins and early days of Goblins, a fumble chart that Thunt used in his D&D games, a couple of pages of Thunt's very messy stick-figure draft scripts, concept sketches for the Drow Adventuring Party and Forgath, a few pages of an early version of Goblins which used kobolds, a very strange comic from Thunt's early days which he says he's showing off mostly because of how horrible it is (it's actually kind of fun), and some "minor" spoilers which Thunt said had all already come to pass... except that there's at least one that we haven't hit yet.

I wonder what's in the Book 2 ebook.
Exclusive bonus goodies? Well, when you put it that way...

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sun May 05, 2013 1:28 pm

Turns out the PDF of Book 2 has short commentary by Thunt tacked on to the bottom of every 4th page or so. It's pretty cool, giving extra background details and some insight into Thunt's thought and writing processes.

There's also some extra stuff about some of the older Tempts Fate adventures.

It also includes the bonus material from the paperback, a short story about the GAP as younglings.

► Show Spoiler

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sun May 05, 2013 1:41 pm

Really? Cool, I think I'll buy book 2 later. I like the physical copies too, but for twenty bucks less, and cool stuff then I'll get that now and the dead-tree form later.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett