Post by RocketScientist » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:51 pm

New Update:

https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/page-1-2023

It's nice to see Ears happy.

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Re: January 20, 2023 - Your Hand!

Post by Velgar » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:38 am

And now we see just what type of wing he was completely oblivious to not having any longer...

They'll make a perfect couple of Ears. Both are absolute himbos...

Also Generic, you were completely right. Plush is indeed his name. Completely missed that they mentioned him being "squishy like cloth filled with wool".
~The smallest of pebbles can start an avalanche, but even the greatest of boulders can hit nothing.~

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:35 am

We have Catchphrase: "Senor Vorpal Kickasso!"
I think what happened with poor Kin was supposed to be Sexappeal.
We have Plush.
I am still waiting for Keychain to drop by to complete the gang.

I might have missed someone. I did not pay much attention to them back then, and I never thought Elli would take them down.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

sshipway
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by sshipway » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:03 am

Is Plush getting a Wingboner there?

Hope_Caswell
Of Few Words

Post by Hope_Caswell » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:51 pm

So Pawlush isn't a stone-skinned gargoyle so much as a crystal-skinned one...interesting.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:13 am

► Show Spoiler

Plasmeus
Mutters to Themself

Post by Plasmeus » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:05 pm

I'm not complaining because it's correct. It is the happiest ears has ever seen pawlush.

But does time work differently in there? Or goblin soul mate partner reincarnation stuff?

That just strikes me as something someone would say after knowing someone for a very long time. Not the like 30 in world minutes that they've known each other?

(I can't remember how much in universe time has passed since the battle with kore and the golem where pawlush was ripped off of kore.)

Does ears "see" plush?

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:17 am

Plasmeus wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:05 pm I'm not complaining because it's correct. It is the happiest ears has ever seen pawlush.

But does time work differently in there? Or goblin soul mate partner reincarnation stuff?

That just strikes me as something someone would say after knowing someone for a very long time. Not the like 30 in world minutes that they've known each other?

(I can't remember how much in universe time has passed since the battle with kore and the golem where pawlush was ripped off of kore.)

Does ears "see" plush?
Since Kore Herbert railroaded them through the angel encounter, they spent a lot of time walking up and down corridors before finding a hidden door, they threw Pawlush through a fishy portal, and they stood and stared at some cobwebs for a bit. So in universe it might have been a couple of hours or perhaps a day.

If we go by DnD logic, they probably wanted a long rest after the fight with Kore, so we can tack on an extra 12 hours.

But, yeah. It's pretty early to say that. Then again, they usually come to pretty deep nested conclusions really quickly in this comic.

jimmes
Remains Silent

Post by jimmes » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:10 am

sshipway wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:03 am Is Plush getting a Wingboner there?
Agree with Hope_Caswell, very interesting...

App
Remains Silent

Post by App » Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:21 am

Wow Thaco has de-aged now to the point he looks as young or younger than the rest of th GAP
Screenshot_20230210-183546_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230210-183536_Chrome.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:02 pm

Nah. He has been young and spry a long time now. He just stopped frowning for a bit. He never really picked up any new traits after his arc was resolved back in the sewer with Goblin Slayer. What remains of him is "Grumpy". Because that translates to old.

Grumpy plays off very well against his son who is... Err... Also grumpy.

That is the GAP now. Two wide eyed dorks and two grousers. Damn, I miss Chief. And I still think Thac0 is a redundant character.