27 May 2021 - I've had enough!

Discuss the comic here!
Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

27 May 2021 - I've had enough!

Post by Krulle » Wed May 26, 2021 11:43 pm

https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/page-7-2021
► Show Spoiler
I don't see how this can go wrong, Thaco.

Also: hell border still seems to be missing.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Re: 27 May 2021 - I've had enough!

Post by Velgar » Thu May 27, 2021 12:26 am

"In old Soviet Goblin Town, the goblin ask you the question."
~The smallest of pebbles can start an avalanche, but even the greatest of boulders can hit nothing.~

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu May 27, 2021 12:39 am

@EllipsisGoblins wrote:Ok, so for some reason, I forgot like a scwillion details on the page I posted today. Oops. I'll fix it all up tomorrow. Thanks for the emails letting me know! You're all wonderful and helpful and wonderful again.

Dendr
Mutters to Themself

Post by Dendr » Thu May 27, 2021 1:09 am

SInce every angel's question had a catch, this is the best strategy. 50% he's safe at once.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu May 27, 2021 1:23 am

Someone on twitter suggested, that Thaco might be doing this on purpose, to make it very hard for the angel.
https://twitter.com/KoganU/status/1397768011331813376 wrote:Not sure if it’s what you’re going for, but wouldn’t declaring his answer as “No.” put the ball in her court?

Since she knows what his answer will be, she has to choose whether or not to condemn him by picking an appropriate question.

Not an easy choice for a being of good.

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by redfeather » Thu May 27, 2021 9:53 am

I assume this isn't "my answer to your question, whatever it is, will be NO", but rather "NO I'm not going to play your stupid question-asking game". I was kind of hoping for the previously theorized "Thaco just flawlessly answers the question", but this works too. Either way we get to see him being a badass and it's been too long.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Thu May 27, 2021 10:18 am

Most obvious "no" would have been "no, please take the rules again".
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

Panando
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Panando » Thu May 27, 2021 11:18 am

I noticed there are no demon tendrils in the angel's realm anymore, also I just noticed in the previous comic the demon tendrils disappeared from the borders after Big Ears was sent back. So I guess his means there was no lasting corruption to the angel's realm.

In other matters, it seems that the Goblins always get the answer wrong (3 out of 3 so far) and so Thaco has decided to skip the pleasantries and gone straight to resolving the encounter without answering the question correctly.

TSBasilisk
Remains Silent

Post by TSBasilisk » Thu May 27, 2021 3:37 pm

I wonder if maybe Thaco's the only one thinking ahead here.

Why did they go through the dangerous ritual to make Fumbles their clan's fortuneteller? So that he could proclaim a chieftain who could then talk to their god about the upcoming end of the world.

But why not take a more direct approach and ask their god's angel to relay the message directly?

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu May 27, 2021 9:52 pm

page got updated. and Indeed, the tendrils are not in the angel's realm anymore.

(OP has link to page image as first published.)

Edit: I finally got around to comparing what has been changed:
The hell's tendrils in the comic panel frame (for panels 1-5)
the hand marking on Complains of Names' face (panels 1-4)
the lighting from below on Trolls Mortals' face (panels 7,9)
Pawlush's eyes are now glowing again (panels 1-3)
some colour details corrected in the sparks of Thaco's landing (panel 6)
[/edit]
Last edited by Krulle on Fri May 28, 2021 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dendr
Mutters to Themself

Post by Dendr » Fri May 28, 2021 2:24 am

redfeather wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:53 am I assume this isn't "my answer to your question, whatever it is, will be NO", but rather "NO I'm not going to play your stupid question-asking game".
But it won't work. She has clearly said "if you refuse to answer, I accept it as i-dunno-answer". Which is the same as a wrong answer.

Plasmeus
Mutters to Themself

Post by Plasmeus » Fri May 28, 2021 12:48 pm

Thaco is too old for this bs! Hahahahaha :shock: damn!

ForgetsHisUID
Mutters to Themself

Post by ForgetsHisUID » Fri May 28, 2021 8:46 pm

Thaco: Screw this bs, THIS time I'M asking YOU a question about YOUR character sheet!

Gellin: W-whaa? You - you don't get to s-

Thaco: What's the REAL reason you're stuck here doing this job?

G: I - I am NOT-

T: If you WON'T answer, that's the same as a wrong answer, and you have to let me go.

G: THAT'S-

T: Just tell me the truth, and you can send me to Hell. But, I'm guessing you REALLY don't want to do that...

G: I. I could Lie...

T: You could... but you're an Angel. A Perfect Goblin. Would a Perfect Goblin lie?

G: B - Y- Th- *looks at Thaco's character sheet again* rrrr... *sigh* Fine! *pulls white lever*

Bapuvitttssf
Of Few Words

Post by Bapuvitttssf » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:05 am

So, does it mean the hell strands are somehow linked to Big Ears (or more probably to the broken Prissian Axe)?
They are only visible with him in Troll Mortal's pocket space, and not when the other goblins are/were there.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:15 pm

Bapuvitttssf wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:05 am So, does it mean the hell strands are somehow linked to Big Ears (or more probably to the broken Prissian Axe)?
They are only visible with him in Troll Mortal's pocket space, and not when the other goblins are/were there.
Seems likely.

TSBasilisk
Remains Silent

Post by TSBasilisk » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:16 pm

Which of course means the easiest solution to stopping the hell invasion is to throw the axe back into the hell itself so the Sacred no longer has the beacon to follow.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:15 am

Or just throw it down the annihilation garbage dump the Angel had. Like ask him to jump and drop the Axe, then pull both levers.

TSBasilisk
Remains Silent

Post by TSBasilisk » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:33 pm

I now have a scene in my head...

BE: *feeling a disturbance* Oh no, it's too late!

*Demon erupts from the ground*

Sacred: Finally, I shall consume this pla- *head touches a watch, appears in front of Gellin*

Gellin: ...Nope. *pulls the disposal lever*

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:43 am

That would be a nice and quick way.
But who gets the XP for defeating the fiend?

Souhiro
Remains Silent

Post by Souhiro » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:41 am

Weeeell...

I think that the questions always were Bulls█t, and were tailor-made with an intend to destroy the goblins.

The angel asked Vorpal Kickasso for his name. Thunt said that he's a trangender, and if my friends are correct, there's no greater insult to a trans that calling by a Deadname.
Complains was asked if he would be a good chief: He WOULD NOT BE A GREAT CHIEF, no matter his stats: He's half possesed. A goblin chief, in permanent risk of being a demon and handle the control of the tribe to the forces of hell is a VERY BAD OPTION. Ask all the chelaxians, if you don't trust me!
And Big Ears was asked if he was a true hero: No True Hero would boast himself.

Not only that, the mega-goblin could have asked "What is your name" to Ears, but it didn't. It went for a loaded question.

So... I think that Thaco just saw through her ruse. He's older and wiser.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:32 pm

! Message from: RocketScientist
Please don't use the name Thunt or refer to the artist of Goblins as "he." That violates the forum rules. Doing so again will get you a warning. The artist who draws Goblins is called Ellipsis Stevens. Her pronouns are she/her. Thank you.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:26 am

Welcome Souhiro!

Indeed, the use of deadnames should be avoided.
Elli is now a she, and while you may use Thuntonian world to refer to the worldbuilding inside the comic, "Tarol", "Hunt", "Thunt" are now deadnames.

But, @RS, I couldn't find it in the https://goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2 (Forum Rules post)
Nor in the corresponding viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1055 (Forum Rules Discussion thread).
We should clarify this.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:14 pm

Krulle wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:26 amBut, @RS, I couldn't find it in the https://goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2 (Forum Rules post)
Nor in the corresponding viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1055 (Forum Rules Discussion thread).
We should clarify this.
It's in the rules as part of the Inclusivity Statement:
Rules wrote:Inclusivity Statement
Goblins Forum is an open and inclusive community. Any and all harassment, criticism, or negative commentary based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or religious creed (or lack thereof) is strictly prohibited and will be dealt with severely. Please make a concerted effort to treat other members with respect even if you do not agree with them. Examples of behaviors that would be prohibited under this policy include but are not limited to:
  • Asserting that a particular racial group are less intelligent.
  • Describing individuals with a different sexual orientation or who are transitioning as gross.
  • Deadnaming a transgender member of this community. (For those who are unaware, deadnaming means using a person's name from before they transitioned).
  • Saying that you identify as an "attack helicopter" (or other such nonsense) as a way to mock those who are transgender.
This list in by necessity non-inclusive of all offenses that might be a problematic so please try to use your best judgement.
Hope that helps. :-)

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:37 pm

Krulle. Try to keep to the rules. I stumbled into this one myself once, so I learned the hard way. ;)

"No commenting publicly on moderator warnings or actions"
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

Arillius
Remains Silent

Post by Arillius » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:20 am

So my theory... He waited until she said 'okay, here's your question', confused her, and got a really simple and stupid question to answer. I.e. tricking her into giving a very easy, non-trick question.

Do I think that actually happened? Nah. But it'd be funny if that was the angle the comic went with. If her question had been anymore specific like 'What did you say?' or 'Sorry, what was that?' then I'd be all on board for this theory. But with just 'What?' it's a little hard to justify that as her capital Q Question.