Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

29 April 2021- Take This! -- Meh.

Post by Krulle » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:03 am

Only page 6 this year so far?

Corona's hitting all of us hard.
https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/page-6-2021

So, someone's clock is ticking?
And what's eternity without a little mischief and resulting punishment.
At least something happens, some memory you can spend eternity with.

I also really like her facial expression in the last panel.
*Sqee!*

The transcription:
https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/page-6-2021 wrote:
► Show Spoiler
PS: I also feel like she doesn't like this chore of standing in that room. So she's doing her best to never be selected for this chore again.
Like us men breaking dishes and glasses when doing the dishwashing. If we break enough, our loved ones decide that we cause less damage when parked in front of any game.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Re: 29 April 2021- Take This! -- Meh.

Post by Velgar » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:26 am

Well, at least we know the angels here are not lawful...

And yeah... That lady REALLYABSOLUTELYTTOTALLY not only wanted, but needed to have a kid... Sheesh...

An entity at the brink of destruction throws a comment the target entity himself would deny if asked due to his lawfulness.

But yeah. Take my stuff and screw the rules. :|

Kinda makes Ears hella precious though. :)

"Meh."
"OMG, you're lying."

Just how exactly, Ears? How? :lol:
~The smallest of pebbles can start an avalanche, but even the greatest of boulders can hit nothing.~

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:52 am

Heh, just noticed s.th. else.
We're already in Book 7.
https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/archive

In January, we were still only in Book 5:
Archive page of 26 January 2021, on web.archive.org (wayback machine)
► Show Spoiler

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:43 am

I'm a mooooom! :D

Oh, I love it. :D So cute.

So... Only Thac0 left, huh? I wonder if ONE of the Goblins actually manages to win the quest as it is supposed to be won.

redfeather
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by redfeather » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Well that was disappointing. Pawlush's argument that Gellin is BE's mom because of the horn-fuse is incredibly specious and should not have persuaded Gellin of anything. I was far more pleased with the theory that she was bluescreening because she suddenly noticed the corruption creeping into her pocket-realm.

Well at least we're moving toward some eventual resolution. At this point I find myself hoping the Goblins comic will end in the next few years; it's taken so long to tell its main story, because the author keeps getting distracted with cool worldbuilding and such, that I've all but lost interest in the main characters. Before the momentum is entirely gone, we should get to a climax and wrap the main story up. After that, more stories can be told in the same world, and the comic can continue, without all of us being kept waiting for a resolution forever.

ErisStorm
Remains Silent

Post by ErisStorm » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:33 pm

The angel is just so adorable!
I really hope we see a lot more of her. She's so much fun!

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:01 am

Krulle wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:03 am
PS: I also feel like she doesn't like this chore of standing in that room. So she's doing her best to never be selected for this chore again.
Like us men breaking dishes and glasses when doing the dishwashing. If we break enough, our loved ones decide that we cause less damage when parked in front of any game.
:puke:
redfeather wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:39 pm Well that was disappointing. Pawlush's argument that Gellin is BE's mom because of the horn-fuse is incredibly specious and should not have persuaded Gellin of anything. I was far more pleased with the theory that she was bluescreening because she suddenly noticed the corruption creeping into her pocket-realm.

Well at least we're moving toward some eventual resolution. At this point I find myself hoping the Goblins comic will end in the next few years; it's taken so long to tell its main story, because the author keeps getting distracted with cool worldbuilding and such, that I've all but lost interest in the main characters. Before the momentum is entirely gone, we should get to a climax and wrap the main story up. After that, more stories can be told in the same world, and the comic can continue, without all of us being kept waiting for a resolution forever.
+1 on all of this.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

Arillius
Remains Silent

Post by Arillius » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:08 pm

Considering Angels are definitely not mortal and their mentalities and cultures are very different from mortals, who are we to say big ears isn't her child? I've played in several games where an immortal angel who accidentally helps sire an angelic blooded individual (in some games that can happen just by being near a pregnant person, kind of like holy radiation or something) or even an entire line, they tend to view that line as their own.

Is it strange by our standards? Yes. Is it morally wrong? No, since they are responsible for changing those beings into what they are.

Ears is essentially become something life a half angel. Saying she can't be his mom because it wasn't her intention, it was an accident, and it was a series of coincidences that happened to make things work out this way is kind of discounting that a lot of kids are born that way. She is now, in some ways, responsible for bringing into the world a potentially immortal (or at least very long lived) being with her power. Seems like her saying 'whelp, this is my responsibility now' is a good thing.

I think there's an argument to be made for not giving him more lessons but given she's kind of trapped in an obligation right now not much you can do. And if he is now longer lived, as a lot of half immortals tend to be, there will be time for that. Not to mention she got his life story and already knows what kind of guy he is.

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Post by Velgar » Mon May 03, 2021 5:02 am

redfeather wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:39 pm Well at least we're moving toward some eventual resolution. At this point I find myself hoping the Goblins comic will end in the next few years; it's taken so long to tell its main story, because the author keeps getting distracted with cool worldbuilding and such, that I've all but lost interest in the main characters. Before the momentum is entirely gone, we should get to a climax and wrap the main story up. After that, more stories can be told in the same world, and the comic can continue, without all of us being kept waiting for a resolution forever.

Lessee how long that link works. :lol:
~The smallest of pebbles can start an avalanche, but even the greatest of boulders can hit nothing.~

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Mon May 03, 2021 1:06 pm

Not very long? I'm getting a 403 forbidden when I try to load the image.

Velgar
Speaks Quietly

Post by Velgar » Wed May 05, 2021 6:26 am

Damn that was fast :shock:

Basically a Treebeard-meme with "Don't be hasty". :lol:

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu May 06, 2021 7:49 am

► Show Spoiler

Hope_Caswell
Of Few Words

Post by Hope_Caswell » Wed May 19, 2021 1:05 am

You would think it wouldn't have bothered Pawlush to be unable to see Gellin here, what with having spent a subjectively nigh infinite amount of time trapped in Kore and never seeing anything. Frankly it's a wonder the ex-gargoyle even remembers what vision is, and doesn't just think of suddenly gaining sight as an inexplicable blinding pain in the eyes. I guess that's not the kind of story we're telling here....

cbertrand
Mutters to Themself

Post by cbertrand » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:54 am

I just saw posts pointing out the hell strands in the angel's realm when the broken axe appears. I'm surprised Trolls Mortals doesn't comment on them, but that detail is _awesome_.

However, is there a thread pointing out that this might be a way to get out of the whole "Releasing the Sacred" thing? Drop the axe into the fifth dimensionally echoed dark matter. Even if doing so doesn't squish the Sacred:
1) The sacred will have to start from scratch, converting the pocket realm
2) The Sacred will be facing an angel upon escaping (and the angel probably will have time to get backup)
3) All the Sacred will gain is a tiny pocket realm.