01 Feb. 2021 - Friendship stinks

Discuss the comic here!
Generic
Converses Frequently

Re: 01 Feb. 2021 - Friendship stinks

Post by Generic » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:02 am

WearsHats wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:34 am Elli is currently recovering from surgery, but I plan to discuss that with her next time I check in.

Discord is a different format from the boards, and I agree it doesn't work as well for things like the remaining active forum games or the translation project. It is a nice community, though, at an activity level I find personally works for me. Enough people around that it feels like there's a community, but not so many that I can't keep up from day to day.

As I said, we'll let you know as things develop. But 2020 was a rough year all around, and some things got back burnered.
Also mention to her that she is burning money and band width with that background image.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:55 am

Generic wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:02 am
WearsHats wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:34 am Elli is currently recovering from surgery, but I plan to discuss that with her next time I check in.

Discord is a different format from the boards, and I agree it doesn't work as well for things like the remaining active forum games or the translation project. It is a nice community, though, at an activity level I find personally works for me. Enough people around that it feels like there's a community, but not so many that I can't keep up from day to day.

As I said, we'll let you know as things develop. But 2020 was a rough year all around, and some things got back burnered.
Also mention to her that she is burning money and band width with that background image.
Hey now, that's uncalled for - I think it looks nice.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:37 am

Glemp wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:55 am
Generic wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:02 am

Hey now, that's uncalled for - I think it looks nice.
Yes. It looks great. It's also a png 10mb big. And half of it is covered by the blog section. Cut the lower part off, and jpg compress it, and it will look just as good for the purpose. And cost 1/20th as much of our earth's resources to load.

The image behind the comic is far bigger than the comic itself. And 5 times as large as good ol' Big Ears behind this forum. I only noticed it because the page started stuttering.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:22 pm

And I'm pretty sure Elli can use savings on bandwidth.

I agree with Generic here.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards