Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:07 am

((It took embarrassingly long to make.))

Jaq takes look a through a doorway that probably once, a very long time ago, had a door into a smallish room that has another door opening to the main hallway.

Unlike on the first floor, there are clear signs that people have been in this room in the not to distant past in the form of piles of, what from a glance, looks to be garbage and graffiti scratched in the walls. Most of it is profane drawings but sometimes there are words written. Perhaps the most interesting thing beyond knowing that 'Hngir' and a half dozen others were here is that most of it is written in Dwarven.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:09 am

Jaq will glance at the others and once he has at least one of theirs attention he will beckon them over with his hand and then he will move fully into the doorway and take a step in.
When they or someone follows inside, he will say not too loudly, "Well, looks like others have been here since the library has collapsed, but I don't know how long ago. And dwarves, so maybe they got in from some caves or something?"

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:23 am

Joe replies sadly, "Ya...it looks like whomever was here took a lot o books n left tha oth'rs ta rot." Joe looks in to try to read the dwarven runes.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:41 am

Kroshav will stand rear-guard, keep an eye on the other two hallways.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:57 pm

Joe is easily able to read the dwarven profanities on the walls.

The trash isn't particularly ripe but there is still a hint of it in the air.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:30 pm

Joe snickers at the profanities. “Ah’m pretty sure this ainnae imp’rt’nt.”

(How long ago does it seem they were made?

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:38 pm

((Give me an investigation with advantage.))

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:12 pm

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:55 am

Some of the scratches look kinda old and some look kinda new. On average it is hard to say, could be anything from a couple hundred years to a couple of months.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:55 am

”Some look ta be very recent...Ah hope thar be some treasuuure in these ruins fer us...”

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:18 am

((nudge?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:55 am

Kroshav is still standing rear guard, letting the experts work.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:14 am

Joe will look around the room for anything asides the dwarven runes to be of interest

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:23 am

Lurn's not much for investigationing, so he's just standing watch until we're ready to check more rooms.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:49 am

Jaq is ready to go to the next room, but he will wait for Joe to poke around in the room a bit, and then he will exit back through the door he came in from, and head west again.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:30 pm

Joe finds nothing more or interest beyond that Dregin is a poorly forged tool.

The next room is significantly larger than the previous room and looks to have been been inhabited in the not too distant past. It is largely empty aside from some bits of refuse but the north, east and west entrances to the room have been filled with dirt and stones.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:32 pm

Since there is no interest then she'll go to another room to search for anything interesting.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:27 am

This room looks to have had some stone shelving as was found above but someone has hacked most of it away leaving only a few regularly spaced thinnish pillars remaining.

A wider survey of the room reveals where at least some of the shelves ended up, the room's three other entrances have been blocked up with their pieces.

((Everyone that went into the room can give me an... intelligence roll. Also one person can roll me a flat d20.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:04 am

My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:59 am

”Feckin’ vandals...”
Int: 1D20+2 = [3]+2 = 5

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:54 am

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:55 am

"I wonder what they were trying to keep out of this room?"

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:02 pm

Joe determines these people had no respect for ruins, breaking them like they did. She is so upset she doesn't really think about much else.

Jaq notices the work to remove the shelves and blocking of the doors was precisely done. The shelves' bases having been so cleanly cut that it is hard to see where they were and the doors are filled so expertly almost no cracks can be seen in them. Probably not a rush job.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:02 am

"Whoever did they took their time and did a good job, they were probably down here a long time. But the problem is we have no idea how long ago. It could have maybe been before even my father was born!
Looks like we are going to have to explore another direction, nothing further this way."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:17 pm

"To have barricaded all but one door on these rooms, perhaps they were adapted for defensive positions? Or maybe just for separated rooms with some privacy?"
My game:

My characters: