Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:57 am

The Lost wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:29 pm Haley can create great balls (she can make them for 175, so...lets say 200 per ball, and get Haley can get a little bit of moneys out of it)
Oh, you can? Cool! Would you have the time to craft me 5 of them during the downtime day for 1000 poke (so 875 material cost, 125 for Haley)?
M0rtimer wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:03 pm Saddle I'd let it go for 2000. As for changing the goggles so instead it protects against hail... Well, it's just an ice cloak, really. So, 750... Which would just be the price of selling the go-goggles and putting it toward the ice cloak. :roll:
So there's two reasons to keep the goggles over the cloak;
1) The Go-Goggles are a Head item instead of any Accessory item like the Winter Cloak, so I can still wear my Mega Ring with them.
2) I'm imagining the end result after the "modifications" to look something like this:
► Show Spoiler
Except in white/blue, obviously :roll:

Also now that I have those, I'm definitely giving the Band of Deflection to Irene, since she doesn't have any headgear yet.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:19 am

Functionally though, a beanie and goggles won't protect you from hail.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:54 am

To quote Mort from earlier...
M0rtimer wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:10 am Image
My original thought was to have it be a modified winter aviator hat, like this:
► Show Spoiler
But then I found the beanie and decided that looked cool too (and was more fashionable, so fit Izzy's style better). I'm probably going to be imagining it more like a cross between the two hats.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:57 am

Sounds good to me!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:37 am

Anything about teaching Amber ancient power?
Oh sorry I hadn't realized that part was a question. Are you asking because you'd need to find a tutor/TM for it? You could, if you pay the proper price.
(...am I going crazy, or has my last post in this thread disappeared? I definitely remember writing one with Survival and Perception checks for Izzy...)
Yeah you definitely had a post, no idea where it's gone...

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:59 am

I am asking if she could tutor it. She has photography stuff she can use for her. I am going to assume that would be a yes then?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:33 am

Yes, all prerequisites are checked, so it's fine.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:49 am

I was worried because of the whole her being grass thing but yey!

Is it also okay for me to get photos of other player mon's moves? (I'm getting permission from you and the players)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:42 am

Izzy will give you permission to photograph her Pokemon's moves.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:00 pm

Yes, just keep in mind you have a limit to how many pictures you can take each day. It's limited by AP and how many scenes you have. I could probably say though that yesterday if the only other thing you did was some purchases, two entire scenes could be devoted to getting pictures, so that'd be 14 moves total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:20 pm

Alex would allow it too.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:58 am

Oh by the way, assuming no one has any interest in the pokemon, I'll take more survival and perception rolls

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:29 pm

Also, how long is this journey? I want to try making the Porygon on the last day of the trip.
Well, it's an extended action, and honestly, I don't think making new life should be something that can be done in just a day. I'll probably still allow it for the sake of gameplay though. Let's say that Bruce will just be doing the prep work during short rests while traveling, and then if he sets some time aside at the final day he can finish up?

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:59 pm

I've added Survival/Perception checks for Izzy in the main thread, but I'm not sure what the Survival checks are for? Stamina? Since she's riding Kay, should I be using Kay's survival instead?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:26 pm

It's meant both for general endurance, and situating oneself. Athletics might be a better overall fit...

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:08 pm

Okay so the moves I am putting in the archive

Poison jab (bruce)
Bulldoze (Bjorn)
Magnitude (Bjorn)
Avalance (Bjorn)
Power-up punch (Alex)
Drain punch (alex)
Dragon tail (alex)
Power gem (Koa)
Foul play (Irene)
Hurricane (Izzy)
Earth power (izzy)
Dig (Izzy)
Bounce (Izzy)
Surf (Izzy)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:23 pm

M0rtimer wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:29 pm
Also, how long is this journey? I want to try making the Porygon on the last day of the trip.
Well, it's an extended action, and honestly, I don't think making new life should be something that can be done in just a day. I'll probably still allow it for the sake of gameplay though. Let's say that Bruce will just be doing the prep work during short rests while traveling, and then if he sets some time aside at the final day he can finish up?
That works, but I do want to figure out how long it would take for future times. Looking at extended actions in the handbook doesn't give a set time, but the two examples are 15 and 30 minutes. I can understand you wanting to make that longer, but I am really hoping it isn't a multi-day thing. That seems to be nerfing it too much, especially since (other than money-making) it's usefulness is somewhat limited to what could already be received by a good breeder.

My original thought is that it would take a few hours perhaps. Something that would limit the amount of things I could do in a day, but could either do 2-3 per day if I pushed myself, or do 1 and still have time to do other things either with the group, or by myself.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:25 am

SamWiser wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:23 pm
M0rtimer wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:29 pm
That works, but I do want to figure out how long it would take for future times. Looking at extended actions in the handbook doesn't give a set time, but the two examples are 15 and 30 minutes. I can understand you wanting to make that longer, but I am really hoping it isn't a multi-day thing. That seems to be nerfing it too much, especially since (other than money-making) it's usefulness is somewhat limited to what could already be received by a good breeder.

My original thought is that it would take a few hours perhaps. Something that would limit the amount of things I could do in a day, but could either do 2-3 per day if I pushed myself, or do 1 and still have time to do other things either with the group, or by myself.
Yeah, I'm definitely not going for multi day with how slow this game moves. A couple of hours/one scene is probably acceptable. I'm mostly saying just doing it bit by bit over the couple coming days because technically you do still need to do it during downtime, and there isn't really any downtime if you are busy traveling.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:07 am

M0rtimer wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:25 amYeah, I'm definitely not going for multi day with how slow this game moves. A couple of hours/one scene is probably acceptable. I'm mostly saying just doing it bit by bit over the couple coming days because technically you do still need to do it during downtime, and there isn't really any downtime if you are busy traveling.
One scene sounds fair, and being able to spread it across several days if I have to without losing much/any downtime is great.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:22 am

Dusk, can I have a charm roll or similar, assuming you want to try and talk? Or jumping straight into combat-

Vader, give me a survival roll.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:24 pm

By the way, Vader. My Foongus does have mushroom harvester. If you need some mushrooms for any recipes, Bruce can help with that.

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:53 pm

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:28 am

On the first roll for each bird, I think about 1/1024? But if you count it being the first or second ability for all of them then it's only 1/32 odds.
Yes, all five of them had it as their first roll. Though it's still only 1/32 odds - The first roll was only a d2 after all, they don't have advanced abilities unlocked yet by that point. :P

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:33 am

Good point, yeah that makes it less crazy. Still low odds though :lol:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:55 am

Also Dusk, (or anyone nearby) do any of you have Pokemon out? Is Kay still out?