Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:20 am

Damn these meddling trainers, and their damned protagonist powers...

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:01 am

SuperVaderMan wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:50 pm Gonna be honest, I'm losing interest in this conversation. There was all this build-up to Grimm and his plan, but it turns out his plan was only half-baked and, now that we know he's been lacking a lot of critical information, it's completely fallen apart. So now we're basically being prompted to cook up a plan on our own, on the spot, or else he's gonna go through with his plan that sucks.

I can do that, of course. It's just rough with the lack of information. And I gotta summon the energy to do it, hence my lack of posts recently :zzz:
If I can be honest too, it's why I barely take part anymore. No offense to Mort and his amazing storytelling, but I played this game to catch pokemon and fight gym leaders, not spend hours reading walls of text at the end of a long day :? These conversations take weeks and weeks. When was the last time we had a chance to catch pokemon? A whole year ago? Two?
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:00 am

Yeah, I had hoped to return to a sense of more normalcy by now, but sadly these things tend to drag on...

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:27 am

Also, barring I get more input by tomorrow, I'll just have Grimm respond to what there currently is, which at the moment seems to boil down to: "This plan is dumb, you're dumb, we're out."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:32 pm

Could I ask for a charm roll from Vader? (Others may contribute, if they'd like.)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:02 pm

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:31 pm

[2d6] = 7

Haley would agree with the idea of gaining more info before a plan is made.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:58 pm

Team Charm's charmless members going for the charms. If I actually had any contributions to make I would, but I don't really. I haven't really even bothered with the giant walls of text.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:02 am

I'm in a similar boat to Synch - I just want to move on and play the game again :lol:

It sucks because we finally have access to all these legendary pokemon that are hanging out around town, and we should probably be making an effort to recruit them over to our side. But like... that's gonna take so long IRL, and I just don't wanna bother :zzz:

If I could make a suggestion? Maybe we could go ahead and make our final preparations to move away from the city and head towards Hantu? Then if any of us have any NPCs we want to talk to here, we can retroactively converse with them through PM to see if they'd be down to join us in the end-game legend-conglomerate or whatever.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:01 pm

Yeah, I want to rush things ahead by this point too and get back to a more "regular" scheduling already. Still need some people to actually help to get there, though. And work has been unpleasant making things harder.

Though I think the main bulk has already been sorted... Assuming there are no protests, I could just skip ahead until everything is "done"? (And then finish up this chapter...)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:27 pm

Nothing from me.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:55 am

You guys are free to leave for Hantu right away, and we can retroactively have you talk with anyone in Murkoff if you really want to.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:53 pm

Before we leave can we shop for items? Magnus should know where some stores are right? Haley needs some things espessially since we are going to fire island.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:06 pm

Yeah, shopping is fine. Could potentially even try and use one of the black markets in the city. How about you post what you want and we can probably do it through OOC?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:02 pm

... Hot damn, Shell Bells are good on tanks. I mean, you get one hit in and if you have high HP you get a big injection of Temp HP no matter how little damage you do. Be enough of a tank and that pokemon will just be unbeatable in small battles, even if it takes an eternity to wear down the target.

Also, as for shopping, I've got a couple of things to look into local prices for:
Vitamins (particularly Speed Up, PP Up, and HP Up)
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:13 pm

You could find those in a regular pharmacy. 4900 for HP/Speed, 9800 for PP up.

If you'd want to look at the black market for any being sold (that are probably either stolen or manufactured through dubious means), you can give me a charm roll and expect around 10% off the price if you find anything (depending on roll)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:22 pm

I'm sure Alex would do well on that discount, considering social skills are his only skills, but unfortunately the lawyer boy isn't going to go shopping in the black market.

I'll buy a PP-Up, and at the first opportunity Alex will be using Mentor to teach Roy Stone Edge and Move Tutor to teach him Power-Up Punch (Replacing Rock Throw and Dynamic Punch, respectively). The PP Up will be used to make Power-Up Punch At-Will.

Oh, I'm also going to use two Lessons to change Roy's nature to Jolly then Hasty.

I don't suppose anyone would spot me 1900 so I can get a Speed Up? I've still got two uses of Mentor and one use of Lessons for either Empowered Development or Changing Viewpoints poke-edges.
My game:

My characters:

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:02 pm

I can spot you the money. I need a move mentored anyway so Tops can evolve.

Other than giving Alex some money, Bruce will buy 4 Pokeballs and 2 Great Balls.

Also, if anybody needs a Castform, Grimer, Koffing, Magnemite, Porygon, Solosis, Trubbish, or Voltorb, let me know. I can make you one now with some extra stats, moves, make it shiny, etc.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:26 pm

Thanks, Sam. So long as Tops is within 12 levels of the move, or if it's in the tutor list marked with an (N), it can get it.
My game:

My characters:

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:49 am

I just double checked. It's on his tutor move list with an (N) next to it, so it should be fine. Why Poiple doesn't learn his level up move naturally, I don't know. Seems like a strange choice.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:32 am

If it hadn't been I would have just put off teaching Roy a tutor move for one day. Considering we seem to be about to go through a fair bit of open time, one day would have made no difference.

If anyone else wants a use of Mentor or Lessons, there's one of each left, for the low price of $250. A quarter of market value! (And no, Bruce didn't just pay $1900 for that, instead I'm going to consider it a loan of 1900 with the tutoring instead of interest.)

If nobody in the party wants them, I'll probably spend whatever's left of Alex's free time trying to offer his services at full value of $1000. After everything else, I doubt there's any guarantee of a customer.
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:31 am

How did we want to divvy up the items btw?

The one thing I'm 100% on wanting is the telekinesis ring, since Koa's been leveling Focus in recent levels.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:34 pm

Hmmmm I think I'd like shell bell or stat booster (sat). I am pretty sure Haley cannot use the staff since she has pathetic knowledge (occult)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:56 pm

Someone who gets in close should have priority for the armour, and someone with low mobility the Running Shoes (Alex already has a pair, so not him.) The headband I'd vote to sell (When are status effects ever a notable thing?), and for the pink pearl, does anyone have a mon that uses psychic attacks?
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:08 pm

Btw, it looks like your roller is down, Mort. I was gonna do some Pickup rolls, but I can't atm.