Prattles on Unremittingly

Re: Tests and Trials OOC

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:21 pm

I betcha his daddy was a medieval dentist

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:29 pm

Ironic, for having no functional jaw on the skull.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:58 am

I thought I was clever, so clever I needed to tell my players :P

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:22 am

I tested the other NPC names, just in case...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:58 am

Kant was Swedish but nothing funny, I just got tired of calling him the son-in-law. You get anything else fun back on any random language? Maybe one got an interesting name as a happy accident?

Triss the vampire got named after my dog.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:41 am

No...just idiocy really...names that translate back to 'smart idiot' or 'loyal traitor'...maybe it was really an oxymoronic name generator...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:49 am

I will be out of town for work until later Wednesday. I doubt I'll be able to post much or at all while I'm gone. Jaq will Fire his bow at an enemy and then move and hide using cunning action and his cloak. He recognized that one of the shadows flew out of sight and he does not want to fall to that same tactic and be surprised again when he is supposed to be the surpriser. So he will be careful to have the cunning action to use his stealth. He will also stay close enough to the group that if something does happen bad, he is close enough that they are able to assist and see he is in trouble.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:49 pm

I think I found the perfect class to multiclass for Joe. Artificer (artillerist) for 3 lvs, she can have a blubderbust/cannon/mini ship/ however she wants hercannon be and go ham on the pirate theme, and be able to make temporary magic items. I was thinking maybe at level 7, after she gets the nextconjuration thing.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:20 am

I know nothing about artificers and would have to read up on that route first, but you only just got a level so I got time :D.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:09 am

Got a couple of levels anyway if the idea is to multiclass at 7.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:58 am

True dat.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:39 am

So...per the whole acid breath thing...your right Rodgeir in terms of if you had a magically created fountain of acid shoot upwards it would drop back down.

Of course it wouldn't come strait down...but spread over an area even greater so your 15 foot cone would become something like a 60 to 75 foot cone with everything

so 3d6 damage or 3-18 damage over an area of 15 x 15 feet square (approx 225 sq feet) or 675 or 4050 damage area factor
translated to just a 60 foot by 60 foot area (I know circles but) 0.18 to 1.125 damage possible per person. Which makes sense the damage of acid causes is based on the amount that effects an area. And when that area becomes larger, there is less damage...

Also note that the rule your trying could lead to some physics exploits by others...

so just to add a third perspective without saying it should be one way or the other.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:49 pm

Does the magical acid even exist for long enough to get back to the ground when it's arced up to 75 feet in the air? Or does it just stick around forever? 'cause acid is very valuable.
My game:

My characters:

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:23 am

An excellent question Dlover...another possible exploit with the acid not just vanishing...one I hadn't thought of...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:42 am

Good points. Bad ruling on my part. Things get too complicated. My fault.

It just disappears after 15ft. Whatever the stated range is, things just disappear. Breath weapons, spells, all of it. They also disappear after the spell or action's duration unless explicitly stated otherwise in the spell/action's description.

It is just simpler.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:46 pm

I've just realised I'm a fool for spending so long flailing about trying to find these things. I should've just cast Light and had everyone stand somewhere in the light so that the things will eventually have to come into it.
My game:

My characters:

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:49 pm

Perfect fireball target...or any area attack target...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:24 pm

I mean, the light has a 40' range. It's better than using Spirit Guardians as a shield. Speaking of, if the one that had been above Dama was only 15' up it should have taken damage on its turn, since it would have been directly above Lurn, and they didn't get a turn between Carrie and Lurn.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:46 am

@Dlover, I had misread you post. I read, incorrectly, that Lurn moved to where Dama had moved to (with Jolly by the tent) rather than where she had been. In that case Lurn would have needed to dash there an wouldn't have been able to holy bolt the thing, but it missed so not a big deal. I will go through and change some things. Dama, Jolly, Celus and Indra are no longer near Lurn!

Okay I edited the previous turn to reflect the extra damage (after the save). It is still not dead!

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:33 am

Mn, I'd have chosen to dash even if it wasn't a miss, since strategically it'd have been the safer choice before knowing how the accuracy rolls looked.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:16 am

Ya, i figured. It was my mistake either way so I wouldn't penalize you. You were clear but I guess I was just tired!

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:54 am

Happy holidays folks!

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:01 am

holiday? happy?

thanks

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:23 pm

Merry Christmas all!
It actually snowed here and is white, as it should be in Wisconsin. We are having a very snowless winter so far.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:41 pm

It's been pretty snowless here too. Snowed a bit on the 25th, which was something.

Update tomorrow!