PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by The Lost » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:13 pm

it is overseerer’s nickname, I don’t want the guys that worship it get angry.... If they don’t like the name then maybe they shouldn’t try to harm those that say it’s real name.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:50 pm

There's no way in hell that we could capture that thing, either.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:34 pm

Temple Mind wrote:I... Suppose I could do that, yes. :)

It is more meddling than I anticipated, but it something I could do. :)

Matthias and your mother are technically already considered priests. Though not head priests. :)

Usually you'd need one of the gods in place for that... I will count for this instance ;)

We'd just need that staff you guys took. I believe it was Koa, or Drake, to take a hold of it?
well, either way I should meet up with them. I have no clue what becoming the head priest would actually entail process wise

With that Irene finally tries to get out of bed, and starts walking while trying to not reopen the freshly healed wounds.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:12 pm

Alex, Koa, haley

"Well, we're planning to beat Prometheus senseless and kick him out anyway. We'll just have to add Giratina to the list of gods I need to slap. If I'm actually to be serious though, I didn't expect the cores to be that easily drained, or maybe it only seems easy. 'nigh infinite power' just sounds like it should take more than sealing a couple of powerful entities to make a dent in them. If that's the case, what about the power of the temples, does that drain them? This place with the psychic core, or the temple housing the bug core that's given us some options, are those just minor things that don't really drain them?"

"Good question. I suppose to call it infinite is a bit of a misnomer. For any purpose us mere mortals can think off, it may as well be. It is simply that to seal a MissingNo, takes a vast amount of power. You are correct overall it's not like there's any risk of it running out, it's more like... Imagine all these cores are the legs of a table, and each time they get abused, you cut off a piece. With so many legs, just one a bit shorter shouldn't matter. But if many are taken like that, the table gets wobbly."

"And yes, the functions in the temple are minor enough to not be drained. Even if they were, it would be like taking a teaspoon out of the ocean."
Grimm first answers to Alex... And then listens mostly intentionally, though with continually furrowing brow, as Koa starts.

"I don't... think that lines up with what we know, And I think we have some pretty reliable sources, yeah?"
the youngster starts, and while Grimm at first seemed skeptical, notably did keep silent.

"So first thing, are you... sure about the cubes? Because those aren't the reason the world is falling apart, from what I've seen. We had a uh... run-in with the Overseer. It abducted me for a bit and... showed me things, in my head. How it saw the world, yeah? Well it showed me the Red Chain, and how that was like the backbone of the universe or whatever. And now that it's broken, that's the reason the universe has been falling apart. That happened before the whole Colress thing, yeah?"

"Oh, I am quite certain, yes. After all, the first time, Midas, happened way before Colress or any others from Babylon even had the chance to come here. But you are not wrong. The chain is yet another matter entirely that does not help matters, indeed. And perhaps you are correct that it may be more of an influence than even the cores."

Following that, Koa recaps, recounting their experience of meeting Pandora in the woods, Gaia and Hermes, the tree. Grimm silent through most of it, though clearly thinking, somewhat confused. Only really speaking up near the end.

"...You are correct there are things that don't seem to make sense," he noted, and then fell silent for a moment again, clearly still processing some of the information.

"But in the end, there has to be a reason behind all of it. Presume, for a moment, that Colress and Prometheus truly just wanted to go home, why do things as they did? Why is Prometheus leading the Godslayers, rather than finding a way home? You make it sound like there was an opportunity - And they clearly did not intend to take it."

"So, perhaps... The ones you meet might have been pure and naive, yes, but we can not put away the possibility they are good liars. And even if not... If this is really a ploy from Giratina, it is possible he has entrusted this mission only to Prometheus. His people at large may not agree with whatever plan he has, but trust a couple of his most worthy..."

"...But even then, I admit it does not make sense about the tree. It... Honestly, I can not really give you an answer. It is believed that destroying it would weaken, perhaps even sever the link between our worlds, yes. But,"
he starts, briefly seeming deep in thought before continuing.

"There is some manner of connection between our world and his. But nobody seems to know for certain what it is, or does, if anything. Perhaps one would cut down that tree, and nothing happens. Perhaps things turn to chaos. The matter is too esoteric... For anyone but the likes of Giratina itself, perhaps. There may be a very good reason in his ploy to have this matter happen."

"But even with all that, while I still believe my own theory is correct, for lack of a better motivation driving these events... Well, in the end, it does not matter. What matters is that we have Prometheus here now, and we need to deal with him and the organization he created."

”...It sounds like you are not sure yourself that there is not anything manipulating them... Would any of it do with the void thingy?”

"Of course I believe someone is manipulating them. Giratina, in this case."

"The Empty Lord..?" Matthias responded, thinking for a moment, a slight grin on his lips. "Oh, his appetite is insatiable. I have little doubt he stuck his fingers in many pies, and none ever even realized. But I couldn't say if this particular thing is one of many... If it's influence still matters, now."

“... Er riiight. ...What is Giratina anyways? If she is a mon, we can capture her like I plan for Neked. If she plans to evade at all...which she might not? But we can’t let her harm the ...tree? That sounds like a bad idea?

...The godslayer creeps were near an area that gave off a lot of energy...I think they may try to do something bad with that.”

"Giratina's a god, Haley. In another dimension. So no, not a pokemon. And I've got no clue what you're referring to as 'Neked,' please don't go giving things obscure nicknames."

"I agree that trying to capture either one of those would be a terrible idea indeed. Not dismissing the fact we do not want Giratina in our world."

Irene

well, either way I should meet up with them. I have no clue what becoming the head priest would actually entail process wise
Temple Heart wrote:Usually there's some ceremony. Some manners of tradition. :)

It is mostly principle, however. :)

I could skip most of it. :)
With that, Irene slowly gets up. Still hurt, from her experience - But it seems she has been plenty healed up that moving should be possible... With some difficulty.
Temple Heart wrote:Hey, careful! Are you sure you don't want to rest a bit more? :o

If you feel fine, though, I could just teleport you up to your friends. :)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:38 pm

"Table's not an amazing analogy for the cores, considering one could either supplement the missing section of a leg with something else - even just a book - or could trim the others to match and it would become stable again, but I get your point. Anyway, are we done debating about Giratina's forces? None of it really makes sense, but I don't care to doubt that he's up to something, considering only one of the handful of gods we've met hasn't seemed generally unpleasant to me. Though maybe that just says something about me. Probably does, but the ones I antagonised were jerks first."

"Anyway, I'm going to find something other than my hand to stick into this thing before letting it eat my arm." Hefting the weird object, Alex goes to look for a discarded weapon, or rope from the hostages, or something, to poke into the opening.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:50 pm

”So um they are from another world right? And missingno can go from world to world? Are you sure it wasn’t one of them that went to there abd influenced things? I mean...the overseerer told these guys what was happening right and led them here? Why can’t other missingno things do the same...just in a different world?”

Haley quickly turns to the ‘cube’ “That is the thingy that came out of the void right? Um...Maybe Mattias might know what it is and we won’t accidently destroy something...or it? ...It seems...important?..I think...

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:33 am

"You mean the lunatic who was willing to risk his life for a chance at... Religious fervor?" Alex's expression shows no faith in the man, "Alright, sure, he was a researcher on all that stuff, I guess. Hey, Matthias, do you know anything about weird void portal artifacts, or can I continue with finding something to stick in it?"
My game:

My characters:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:26 am

I most definitely don't feel fine, but being teleported would help a lot... Especially since I actually don't know where I'm going from here exactly

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:39 pm

"Hrm... nah, Prometheus isn't the one wanting to go home, that's for sure. I dunno what he wants here. Gaia said he was sent to out to fight something like a Missingno. from the sound of it, but he came here instead to mess around with our Cores and bully our god-pokemon around...? Like, I was kinda suspecting he was working with the Missingno. thing he was sent to fight, like he got turned to its side or something? But whatever he was doing, now that the Overseer's gone and destroyed it... I dunno what that means for the Godslayers now."

"So... you had some kind-of plan to kick Prometheus out, yeah? And you needed a Core for it?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:08 pm

"Do we want to use a Core for that, considering it may cause instability? He's only mortal, after all, it shouldn't take super magic to deal with him."
My game:

My characters:

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:43 am

”It’s bait. But I don’t think we should trust the plan of someone who put other people’s lives in danger to try to get what he wants. Espessially since they don’t seem so keen on hearing thier mistakes. And no Grimm I am not going tp just ‘drop it’ wheb it fuckin’ occured an hour ago, and I xannot trust that you won’t do that again. Hell I think this time you are going to try to put us in danger to even remotely get this half baked ‘plan’ to work.”

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:35 pm

Alex, Haley, Koa, Irene

"Table's not an amazing analogy for the cores, considering one could either supplement the missing section of a leg with something else - even just a book - or could trim the others to match and it would become stable again, but I get your point."

"Yes, I suppose it's not a perfect analogy. Still, in the end, the table would look ugly."

"Anyway, are we done debating about Giratina's forces? None of it really makes sense, but I don't care to doubt that he's up to something, considering only one of the handful of gods we've met hasn't seemed generally unpleasant to me. Though maybe that just says something about me. Probably does, but the ones I antagonised were jerks first."

"...I'm not quite sure what you have done, but I presume you mostly got unlucky. Regardless, you're right."

”So um they are from another world right? And missingno can go from world to world? Are you sure it wasn’t one of them that went to there abd influenced things? I mean...the overseerer told these guys what was happening right and led them here? Why can’t other missingno things do the same...just in a different world?”

"Yes, Prometheus is from a different world. As for your other question, however. To answer they can not would be outright false, of course, given the Grand Overseer, but it is not a common occurrence. He is an exception to the rule, both having more ambitious desires, and the power to back them up. In most cases... It doesn't make sense for them to do anything like that. But it is not impossible I suppose."

"Hrm... nah, Prometheus isn't the one wanting to go home, that's for sure. I dunno what he wants here. Gaia said he was sent to out to fight something like a Missingno. from the sound of it, but he came here instead to mess around with our Cores and bully our god-pokemon around...? Like, I was kinda suspecting he was working with the Missingno. thing he was sent to fight, like he got turned to its side or something? But whatever he was doing, now that the Overseer's gone and destroyed it... I dunno what that means for the Godslayers now."

"An odd reasoning of thought. But we can only presume to hope you're right- Perhaps if these events are in someway connected, Prometheus own priorities will indeed shift. For the better, not worse."

As discussion briefly abates, Alex has another thing to take care off. The strange cube he has found. And before he'd try and squeeze in his finger and potentially lose him, he'd want to try something else... Until Haley offers at least one other thing.

“That is the thingy that came out of the void right? Um...Maybe Mattias might know what it is and we won’t accidently destroy something...or it? ...It seems...important?..I think..."

"You mean the lunatic who was willing to risk his life for a chance at... Religious fervor?"

"Tsk! Look at me, dear boy? Do you think fervor is the only thing I got..? But allow me a look, yes."
the man speaks, soon accepting the artifact in question, while Alex continues to search. Some of the grunts, and Angstrom himself seemed to carry blades that should be thin enough to enter. Angstrom one's bigger, and fancier, than what some of the grunts carried.

Psychic blade
Fine small melee weapon
User uses SATT stat rather than ATT while attacking.
Weapon moves: wounding strike and gouge

"Mmm... Why, it almost seems like nothing, doesn't it? Just an empty box..." Matthias meanwhile examines, his eyes seeming to widen in a strange way while continuing to examine it. Before chuckling.

"Oh, but to me, it seems obvious to me what this must be. It's a prison bottle."

"...Except, nobody seems to be talking. Is it but an empty shell of what was left after the Overseer finished..? Well... In each case. If there's anything... One should never, ever, let it out."

"So... you had some kind-of plan to kick Prometheus out, yeah? And you needed a Core for it?"

"Do we want to use a Core for that, considering it may cause instability? He's only mortal, after all, it shouldn't take super magic to deal with him."

”It’s bait. But I don’t think we should trust the plan of someone who put other people’s lives in danger to try to get what he wants. Espessially since they don’t seem so keen on hearing thier mistakes. And no Grimm I am not going tp just ‘drop it’ wheb it fuckin’ occured an hour ago, and I xannot trust that you won’t do that again. Hell I think this time you are going to try to put us in danger to even remotely get this half baked ‘plan’ to work.”

"Oh, for the love of... I already explained multiple times my reasonings, and the safeguards put in. Assuming no interference, no one should have died, and the Red Hand taken care off once and for all. There was an inherent danger with sending out those two small groups, I admit... But with sabotaged efforts, this was the safest way one could ever devise to get rid of them. Arceus forbid the bloodshed of trying to take on the entire group all at once. Now, are you going to force me to explain every intricacy to sate your bias yet again, or need I remind you off what happened only ten minutes ago?"

"Now, on to actual matters... Yes. I do have a plan. And effectively, I did deduce that for it to work, I would need one of the cores. There is very little that seems to bring the Godslayers out of hiding besides those. And we need not only bring out their group, but their very leader. So you'd need one hell of a bargaining chip."

"The plan, as it stands for now, is to try and get word we wish to meet with Prometheus, to trade for one of the cores. I will do it under pretense I wish to discuss him halting some of his experiments. From there, I admit things get a bit messy... But I've multiple plans for either trying to trick him into a portal, or running away- Then catching him as he would try and pursue. And send him back home."

Meanwhile, far below them, Irene slowly starts to walk... At least until Spark, or perhaps the tower now, brings her up- Surprising the trainers as the girl suddenly seems to appear from thin air, nearby a mirror that stands in one of the recesses at the edges of the room. Gayle meanwhile, can also be heard coming back up from the lower floors.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:49 pm

”If there’s nothing there...what can get out? Can I see it?”

Haley takes a good look at the ‘cube’ at various angles and looking into it’s hole.

6d6+5 = [5, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1] = 24 +2 if glitchrelated

“That. That is your problem Grimm, you don’t think about the possible interferences nor safety of others. And since you seem to want to fuckin’ ignore that and refuse to learn from it, of course I am not trusting your plans.

Anyways, I am pretty sure that won’t work. Firstly we do not know where he is, secondly you are not even sure it will bring him out, third when you tell him that how would you know that they will not try to steal it under from us, fourth if the plan fails they can gain the core and do something dangerous with it. Sixth how would you contact him without revealing anything or being traced back to us? There are several ways it can go wrong, wecannot assume that he will do what you’d think he’d do.”

“I think we should go on the offense, gather the gods or missino, and try to figure out where they will strike next and take them on. They only fought agaisnt ...a god or two at a time, why not all of them? Or most of them?”

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:58 pm

"Uh... Okay, so if letting out whatever is meant to be sealed in that is so bad, why would it be sent to our world? That would just guarantee it's going to happen at some point. Or, what, since you think it's empty, it's now available to use to trap something?" Curious, Alex puts the fancy knife (I assume it has a sheath) away for a moment and prods at the "bottle" with his aura, Helloo, anybody in there?
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:47 am

Koa gives a side-glance to the box shenanigans, but is mostly concerned with Grimm's plan.

"So... if your plan works out somehow and we send Prometheus home to Babylon... what's stopping him from coming right back here? Whether he's working for Giratina or not, he's trying to do something here, yeah? It's not like he'll just stay where he is if he falls back into Babylon. So, unless you have some way of keeping the door closed, I don't see how this plan helps."

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:51 pm

Finding herself in a middle of an intense conversation, Irene sits down and lets the quiet eevee and spinda run to her. Reassuring the eevee Irene says "I think, Prometheus might be an even bigger danger in Giritina's world... Here everyone is capable of being both good and evil, but based on the people we've met from the other side, I think in Giritina's world you're either or, good or evil, not capable of both. So Prometheus's subterfuge would probably be even more effective over there, and so his plans to influence our world would be less likely to get challanged."

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:57 am

After making sure the henchmen are tied, Bjorn walks over to the others and produces an Icicle Spear. He holds one end while using the other end to poke into the opening.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:44 pm

Haley, Alex, Koa, Bjorn, Irene

”If there’s nothing there...what can get out? Can I see it?”

"I don't know love! I am merely speaking in the case that there is something still. If we're lucky, the Grand Overseer did a thorough job." Matthias responds, as Haley takes a proper look at the box herself, investigating it. She can't really deduce more than he could, but after he explained it, she... Thinks she can maybe sort of see it..? Like there is more to the box, as if it is bigger than it seems on the outside... But nothing can be seen, trying to peer in, besides darkness.

"Uh... Okay, so if letting out whatever is meant to be sealed in that is so bad, why would it be sent to our world? That would just guarantee it's going to happen at some point. Or, what, since you think it's empty, it's now available to use to trap something?"

"An interesting idea... But again, I'm not sure if I have the answers. The idea you propose is interesting though. Perhaps..." matthias starts, but trails off as he apparently dismisses an idea. As Alex takes the time to do his own experiments, soon sliding in the blade and... Finding nothing but empty space. Which is... A weird thing to have happen, considering the sword is longer than the box is..! Bjorn briefly joins, making an icicle spear that is a bit longer to probe the box with as well, and produces the same result- Can't hit the other side...

“That. That is your problem Grimm, you don’t think about the possible interferences nor safety of others. And since you seem to want to fuckin’ ignore that and refuse to learn from it, of course I am not trusting your plans."

"Ugh... I can not tell if you are ignorant or wilfully misconstruing my words now. I said if there had been no interference, I could guarantee no one would die. That does not mean I had not planned for interference. And it certainly does not mean I had not planned around others safety... As allowed. The two groups I sent out were heavily disadvantaged, believing they'd have to get in and out fast, while the bomb was rigged to never go off. The ones I sent to the school were under strict orders to only take hostages, barring we'd get the League after us. Is anyone else having an issue with this, or are we just having a repeat of five minutes ago?"

"Anyways, I am pretty sure that won’t work. Firstly we do not know where he is, secondly you are not even sure it will bring him out, third when you tell him that how would you know that they will not try to steal it under from us, fourth if the plan fails they can gain the core and do something dangerous with it. Sixth how would you contact him without revealing anything or being traced back to us? There are several ways it can go wrong, wecannot assume that he will do what you’d think he’d do.”

"...I already mentioned to have fallbacks for some of those instances. And now you are just assuming there's no plan at all for any of the cases you have mentioned. I agree that for some at least a discussion is warranted to go int details... But you already start from the assumption that it is bad."

“I think we should go on the offense, gather the gods or missino, and try to figure out where they will strike next and take them on. They only fought agaisnt ...a god or two at a time, why not all of them? Or most of them."

There is a brief pause... And then laughter- Almost booming, from Grimm, as if he had heard the greatest joke in a century. He recovers surprisingly quick, rasping his throat, shaking his head.

"Oh, and then you are presuming my plan to be impossible..."

"So... if your plan works out somehow and we send Prometheus home to Babylon... what's stopping him from coming right back here? Whether he's working for Giratina or not, he's trying to do something here, yeah? It's not like he'll just stay where he is if he falls back into Babylon. So, unless you have some way of keeping the door closed, I don't see how this plan helps."

"I think, Prometheus might be an even bigger danger in Giritina's world... Here everyone is capable of being both good and evil, but based on the people we've met from the other side, I think in Giritina's world you're either or, good or evil, not capable of both. So Prometheus's subterfuge would probably be even more effective over there, and so his plans to influence our world would be less likely to get challanged."

"A fair point. This plan does hinge on one little fact: you can't bake a cake if you are locked out of the kitchen. I am going under the presumption he cannot simply come back. Which makes your little revelation a bit troublesome, yes... But I am not under the impression that what happened was an easy feat, was it? Prometheus has been here a long time, and only now this happened? At the very least, if we are talking decades for him to get back... That'd be something."

"...But I did consider cutting the tree, after it is done. It seemed like a last resort, but perhaps one that needs to be taken."

"...Ah, I suppose that is one piece of intel I have yet to share. Part of the reason I believe that he wants to establish contact with his home. You HAVE seen for yourself that his organization is experimenting with portals, no? So far, only very crude ones... But what do you think the ultimate goal there is? He has been trying to tunnel back to his own world. So, best to kick him out before they can perfect that. It is not supposed to be easy, after all. And before you ask how I am planning on doing it. I'm calling in a favor. One thousand years of servitude under the lady, cashed in. I'd rather not waste it."

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:22 am

”There would always be interference. A bomb is a bomb, no matter how many safety procedures you put in place...unless it was fake, it has the potential of being unstable and going off, or a mon hitting it with a move abd cause an explosion. It’s like guns, you always treat them as if they are loaded, cause if ya don’t then ye can get someun killed. I don’t really care how ‘disadvantaged’ you were, or if you thought it was the ‘best’ solution.”

“Well I mean if the gods don’t want to help us fight against the very person that is literally killing them...then more are going to die.”

“Um...portals? If he made a shitty portal then if he gets home what stops him from making a portal back and finishing the job?”

“Oi, no cutting the tree, it seems very very important. I don’t care if it would sever the worlds or whatever.”

(Do the darkvision goggles not help with that?)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:11 pm

"Well, that's the thing. When Hermes and Gaia came over, they said it took about a day on their end to charge up the portal again - some kinda new tech they came up with recently to let 'em do it that fast? But time flows faster here than there, I guess, and it took about ten days on this side for the portal to open back up. If we kicked Prometheus out, it actually wouldn't be that long 'til he could come back, yeah?"

"So... if we wanted to kick him out, we'd have to find a way to sever the connection between us and Babylon entirely, yeah? But for one - cutting off a whole dimension of people like that 'cause of a few bad apples that came over here doesn't sit right with me. But more importantly, do we even know how to do that? Hermes and Gaia said breaking the tree would do it, but if you're right about Giratina wanting to invade, then him ordering them to break it on their way home means that can't be case?"

"I dunno, man. This plan is looking more and more flimsy by the second...."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:32 pm

Haley, Koa

”There would always be interference. A bomb is a bomb, no matter how many safety procedures you put in place...unless it was fake, it has the potential of being unstable and going off, or a mon hitting it with a move abd cause an explosion. It’s like guns, you always treat them as if they are loaded, cause if ya don’t then ye can get someun killed. I don’t really care how ‘disadvantaged’ you were, or if you thought it was the ‘best’ solution.”

"That at least I agree is a fair sentiment. We are talking a simple explosive however. Nothing big enough that it should be harming anyone but the ones holding it... Which in this case ought to be the red hand. For their safety I frankly cared little."

“Well I mean if the gods don’t want to help us fight against the very person that is literally killing them...then more are going to die.”

"I apologize. I was a bit crass. But, the gods... They are a broken family."

"If even a global war is not enough to get them out of hiding, this certainly shan't either. Especially considering they'd just expose themselves."

"...Part of me was hoping that my actions would disable the tower, really. At least then those two would be forced to do something. Anything. They're the only ones who could feasibly try and reassemble it all, but..."

“Um...portals? If he made a shitty portal then if he gets home what stops him from making a portal back and finishing the job?”

"Because when I say shitty, I mean it shreds anything going through it into a million bits. Not quite usable- Unless they manage to make it stable."

“Oi, no cutting the tree, it seems very very important. I don’t care if it would sever the worlds or whatever.”

"As I said, it's a very last resort. We can't very much afford to let Giratina keep trying to assault our world, however."

"Well, that's the thing. When Hermes and Gaia came over, they said it took about a day on their end to charge up the portal again - some kinda new tech they came up with recently to let 'em do it that fast? But time flows faster here than there, I guess, and it took about ten days on this side for the portal to open back up. If we kicked Prometheus out, it actually wouldn't be that long 'til he could come back, yeah?"

"So... if we wanted to kick him out, we'd have to find a way to sever the connection between us and Babylon entirely, yeah? But for one - cutting off a whole dimension of people like that 'cause of a few bad apples that came over here doesn't sit right with me. But more importantly, do we even know how to do that? Hermes and Gaia said breaking the tree would do it, but if you're right about Giratina wanting to invade, then him ordering them to break it on their way home means that can't be case?"

"I dunno, man. This plan is looking more and more flimsy by the second...."

Grimm frowned heavily, processing this new information. An annoyed little grunt seeming to come from him, thinking for a couple seconds more before answering.

"That is... Very troublesome news. We might not have another choice then, to cut down the tree after sending him back. Or, well, we'd have to find another solution. I'd rather not have to kill him. If only partly because that is likely the more difficult option. You know he's not human, right? They are... Strong, to put it mildly."

"Still... There are things that don't make sense, yes. I can only posit that the ones you met must have been a clever ploy of some kind, though perhaps Prometheus is only here to lay the foundations of a bigger plan..? In each case, whatever his final goal might be, it can't be good."

"So, assuming you don't agree with my plan... What else would you propose?"

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:28 am

”If he’s not human....what is he? “

“Hmmm...I think our best bet would be to capture him or his scientists and destroy all the portal plans. We need to make sure we remove anything from his person, all of his pokemon and put him somewhere where he cannot get out.

How we can keep him in one place, well I’m thinking that we can make a self substaining prizon with running water and fungus or plants. The prizon should be underground with thick iron/steel/whatever the strongest material we can find on all the walls celings and floor, plated with a non corrosive material thick enough that it cannot be teleported or phased through, with some lead in there to prevent signals going out. We should also have a group of ghost pokemon to constantly use mean eye on him to prevent escape.”

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:31 am

Haley

”If he’s not human....what is he? “

"A harder question to answer. It seems obvious that they were shaped to be similar to humans. There's subtle differences that can easily be missed, like the ears seem to be a bit different. But the difference is mostly on a psychological level. I'm not sure if you'd even find organs if you were to cut one open. They are very powerful, but that power seems to come at the cost that they need a lot of external energy. I think they may be more akin to golems... Judging by how Colress almost turned to ice, before he figured he could eat souls."

“Hmmm...I think our best bet would be to capture him or his scientists and destroy all the portal plans. We need to make sure we remove anything from his person, all of his pokemon and put him somewhere where he cannot get out.

How we can keep him in one place, well I’m thinking that we can make a self substaining prizon with running water and fungus or plants. The prizon should be underground with thick iron/steel/whatever the strongest material we can find on all the walls celings and floor, plated with a non corrosive material thick enough that it cannot be teleported or phased through, with some lead in there to prevent signals going out. We should also have a group of ghost pokemon to constantly use mean eye on him to prevent escape.”

"Destroying the plans... Difficult, but not impossible. If we could find the base, and where they store it all... We could erase their progress that way. Capture however, of him or his scientists. Perhaps, also not impossible. But keeping them? A far different matter. You underestimate how big his organization must be... I'm not sure we have the capacity. And Prometheus himself... I don't think keeping him in a prison he could not escape from is feasible. Not to mention it appears he is effectively immortal - How long would you want to keep him?"

"...Maybe if you figure out whatever it is that keeps him here like he is, you could have him turn to stone as well. But I do not know if that effectively means death, or if it is something they can come back from."

"Regardless. We are getting off-topic. Taking down Prometheus is the only realistic plan, even if you disagree with the exact method of doing it. It is not a perfect solution, as the organization may still exist... But I expect they will dissolve in time, or lose focus, without him."

"And so far, I am the only one who seems to have a plan to lure him out in the first place. Do I have your cooperation, or not?"

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:29 pm

“Grimm, for someone who claims to a lore master, you are pretty shit with plans. Just because we can’t think of anything just yet does not mean we are going to use that plan. It has several factors that can go wrong and puts a looot of people in unneccicary danger. Maybe we can, I dunno, track where they are going and stop them before they take down a god thing?”

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:31 pm

While Grimm and Haley were having their snippy back-and-forth, Koa was deep in thought. She wasn't wrong - Grimm's plan was looking worse and worse, yet Grimm seemed adamant about following through with it.

"...You seem really stuck on this plan of yours. But it's just not good enough for us to trust you with one of these... reality-cube things. Ya gotta refine it more with what you know now, yeah? Maybe... I dunno, push him into a portal going somewhere else other than Babylon?"

"But you're asking us to come up with something better than your idea, yeah? The thing is, we just don't know enough to make a good plan. We can guess that taking Prometheus out of the picture will put a stop to it, which, yeah, probably. But we already know he's some kinda super-man, so we don't even know if we can do that. It's all just guess-work."

"That's why we're investigating things, yeah? You saw what they're doing on Hamachi, that thing they let slip to everyone who could see, with the cube they got? We're heading to the western port and then taking a boat there to check it out. To... learn anything about what Prometheus is up to - what he wants, what he's even doing here in the first place, what his plans are, whatever he's got going on. The plans will come after when we know more, yeah?"

"...But you said something about how the god-pokemon came together once before, yeah? To beat some missingno. thing called... Midas? It'd be great if they could come together again and help sort out this mess, with Prometheus and the Overseer."

"Honestly I've... kinda been trying to set something like that up. Y'know, network together whatever strong guys we find to help save the world! I've got a couple on board, but we could use a lot more, and it's really hard to find all these god-pokemon scattered around, yeah?"

"So how about we work something out? We do our investigation and keep you informed on what the Godslayers are up to, and you can use your connections to find more folks to band together, so we can get ready to take on the bad guys? Or whatever else you think'll help!"