PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:01 pm

"Keeping his body together may not be enough, even if it helps a little. It looks like it's putting pressure on his sould as well... Unfortunately, I can't actually do anything about it. This is what he wants, so try to keep him alive and hope, I suppose."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:11 pm

Izzy breathes a sigh of relief as Magnus (or did Luna call him Regi?) leaves without escalating things to further violence with Grimm.

"In most circumstances, I would have said that the burden can be taken off your hands. And quite honestly, that offer remains. But I shall admit that frankly, I think I can use the help. And for you to have gotten this far in the first place proves your competence, at least."

"...That, and half your group managed to take out most of my helpers, which says something by itself."

"...I'm still mad at you for setting those guys on us. Made this whole thing way harder than it needed to be...."

Any relief (or annoyance) quickly turns to concern though, as she realises the state that Matthias is in. And how little she can do to help.

"Uhh...if we can get him to the roof, Kay and I could maybe get him to the hospital pretty fast? Would...would that be good? Or not enough?"

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:48 pm

((He's Magnus, but he's also Regigigas.))
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:08 am

► Show Spoiler

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:26 pm

Temple Mind wrote: Ha ha ha.

Sorry Irene. :)

It's still me - Spark. :)

But for what it's worth, I know the temple appreciates what you have done. :)

As much as it can, at least. :)

Don't worry. I'm not planning on staying in control or anything like that. :)

But there is a couple last things I should arrange, before I leave.

I was hoping for your input on it.
Irene grown says she regains conscious the pain actually knocking her out for a bit again.

Ah, Spark. You know... You're living, err existing on such a different timeline then I am that I don't think we could ever be proper friends, but that said we're definitely closer then before.

Though I will admit I never thought I'd be willingly helping somebody to end the world

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:57 pm

Alex, Haley, Izzy, Koa

As most worry over Matthias, Izzy has a brief remark for Grimm.

"...I'm still mad at you for setting those guys on us. Made this whole thing way harder than it needed to be...."

"...Many things you can only realize in hindsight. I had a plan I did not want disrupted by your lot."

"Kinhe... can help him, but he doesn't want her help. He... wants to try this transformation thing. But his odds aren't looking good...."

"What foolish action- Is he thinking clearly?"

"It... Did seem like he was ready to face whatever was coming..."

"C'mon, man, can't you just try later or something? We can get you fixed up and you can give it a shot another time, yeah?"

"...I know the Overseer's watching this. You'd think that, after all Matthias just did, the big guy'd make this easier for him or something. Like this was all super-helpful for the Overseer, yeah, taking out that other thing? And now they're gonna let their biggest fan off himself, just like that? And it doesn't think there's anything wrong with that...?"

"Perhaps it can't. Just like this might be a one time opportunity. Which makes it no less stupid to throw his life away."

"Keeping his body together may not be enough, even if it helps a little. It looks like it's putting pressure on his sould as well... Unfortunately, I can't actually do anything about it. This is what he wants, so try to keep him alive and hope, I suppose."

“Fuck! Feck feck feck...how...Willow, I want you to possess him and use ingrain as him. At the very least we can try to make him heal from it!” Haley starts, panicking a bit, sending out Willow to try and help, but... Even if the ghost managed to possess him, she'd be kicked out immediately - As the body takes damage, and expels her in turn.

But then, just as Izzy offers to maybe take him by roof, something... Shifts. Somehow, through it all, suddenly things seem to... Calm. For a moment, Jeremy and Luna only looking more worried, as if his life had truly slipped away right there, but then.

"I... Think he's stabilizing?"

"Seems so, but... How? The changes are still happening."
Temple Mind wrote:It appears someone is getting very, very lucky. :)

Perhaps not without help. Though I claim no responsibility in this case. :)
Irene

Ah, Spark. You know... You're living, err existing on such a different timeline then I am that I don't think we could ever be proper friends, but that said we're definitely closer then before.

Though I will admit I never thought I'd be willingly helping somebody to end the world

Temple Mind wrote:...

Ha ha ha... I am... Glad to hear that, actually. :)

I would have understood if we could not continue as we have been, after what you've seen. :)

But to say things like that..! :o

You're making it sound like on the turn of a dime, I'd just... Do something horrible..! :o

That's not what I want to do. :)

I am technology. Progress. Creativity. :)

What my end purpose is supposed to be. Is to guide this world to the logical conclusion of all that. :)

To see how far man and Pokemon alike could push themselves. :)

To reach for the stars, and beyond. To travel there, and explore all this world has to offer. :)

And then, maybe, some day far in the future... You will truly discover all there is. :)

And... I suppose, in a way, that would be the end of the world.

In the end, that is my purpose.

...But would it not be a nice ending? :)

I may think so. But I am biased. Ha ha ha.

...Anyway! I should check in with you, too. :)

I already talked with Koa, as to what I should do with the temple now... :)

It seems they want me to exclude you all from its mindbending effects :o

But leave it otherwise intact, of course. :)

The alternatives would be firstly, to do nothing... Which would mean Magnus would likely make you forget about all this. Or at least alter the memories :/

Or, break it entirely... Which would not be a permanent solution either, though holds far more complications. :S

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:08 pm

”Your plan sucked major ass, Grimm. I caught two of your buddies. Also Grimm, I want to know why you opposed him doing that? I doubt you cared for his life.”

Haley looks at Matthas and digs through her backpack for a revive. “...I hope he’d be okay. If he do not make it...I have one other idea that may work but...I am not sure it’d work?

...Please make it you crazy man.”

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:52 am

Koa lets out another held breath, relieved. It seems like he's been doing that a lot lately. He furrows his brow at Matthias, as Kinhe hovers nearby.

"I wonder what changed? Maybe the Overseer stepped in after all, yeah, and helped him out?"

"...So what now? He's just gonna keep changing? How long's that gonna take?" Koa looks to his pokemon, with some concern. "Do you know, Kinhe? Or remember? I mean... this happened to you, didn't it?"

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:39 pm

”Your plan sucked major ass, Grimm.”

Bjorn sniggers, continuing to drag the henchmen into and their mons into a pile of unconscious bodies, propped up against one another, which he has been doing while listening to the conversation ongoing. Sending out Tank, the rhyhorn as well as Grunt and Pyre and keeping a careful eye on all the defeated combatants while Bjorn works.
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:11 pm

Haley, Koa

”Your plan sucked major ass, Grimm. I caught two of your buddies. Also, Grimm, I want to know why you opposed him doing that? I doubt you cared for his life.”

"My plan would have worked. If it weren't for, ah, how do you call it... Oh yes, 'those meddling kids'. And... As long as you take care of them I suppose I see no harm." he remarks, briefly glancing at Bjorn as he couldn't help but chuckle... But otherwise leaving him to a job well done of making sure all the thugs are tied.

“...I hope he’d be okay. If he does not make it...I have one other idea that may work but...I am not sure it’d work?

...Please make it you crazy man.”

"I wonder what changed? Maybe the Overseer stepped in after all, yeah, and helped him out?"

"...So what now? He's just gonna keep changing? How long's that gonna take? Do you know, Kinhe? Or remember? I mean... this happened to you, didn't it?"

"...I'm not sure. It has been... Long, long time," the jellyfish Pokemon communicates, and briefly, very distant memories are communicated. So long ago, they're vague, blurred. An uncountable amount of ages ago. A dying world, once vibrant oceans turning dark and stale. In the sky, a massive tear- Energy from the Overseer flooding in. Was this world dying because of that, or had it been like this before? It was obvious, at least, it wasn't making things better. For most. Many things could not stand it, slowly withering away, bit by bit. But then... Including the creature now known as Kinhe. It feeled as if some things had been lost by then, but one day, rather than weakened by the energies, they found themselves rejuvenated. Not alone, either, even if many of its kin had died. And while only vague memories remained of hundreds of other species there, now extinct, slowly they would again prosper.

Still, for Kinhe at least, it felt like it took years- And what could perhaps have been centuries of exposure from its parents that came before it. Luckily, there wasn't gonna be too much time for them to worry.

"N-Not long at... All..!"

Matthias' voice was still a bit hoarse and broken. But the previously unconscious man was still talking. And even working on slowly getting up, even if... It looked like he probably shouldn't. After all, his skin was seemingly turning a light shade of blue. He simply ignored the stuttering Jeremy trying to keep him down, however.

"N-Never felt better! Ahaha. Though... That was a bit harder than I thought..." the man spoke, slowly getting up, faint patches of glowing skin slowly fading in the strange blue. His eyes seeming to have gone paler, yet hold a soft glow in it's midst. Briefly, but urgently, his eyes seem to be darting over the group, before landing on Haley... And still struggling, but getting better with each moment, stepping to her.

"I have to thank you for this, do I not? Ahaha, yes, yes! Even if you don't really recognize it yourself," the man spoke, cryptically, before doing a deep bow, raising himself up again soon enough.

"Thank you. I'm not sure if this is something I can ever repay. But if there are any means I'll be able to, I'll certainly try."

"...Today has certainly been a day. So, Matthias is fine. Anything else? Or can we finally get to the meat of the matter?"
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:24 pm

”Ah yes, how could I have not seen it. Bringing multiple hostages, trying to take the special ball, barely planning for contengicies, incribing this sigal on the floor that could have spelt doom, possessing a dangerous person and having his minions with you isn’t the most stupid ass plan someone has heard of. Your actions potentially killed people, and you are lucky that the big guy isn’t killing you, and none of us are trying to capture you.”

Haley looks at the changing Matthias with a bit of interest. It’s so pretty...” Haley jumps a bit when Matthias adresses her “...Me? Are you sure? Um...how can you tell? I...am not sure about the whole repayment thing...I don’t think I did anything...”

When Grimm tries to break the moment, Haley flips him off.

(Does Mathias starting to look like Koa’s ultra beast or something else?? Can I roll poke edu for this or is it another check?)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:48 pm

"So, that catastrophe's over, what's next? Someone decides to stick their hand in this thing and get it ripped off?"
My game:

My characters:

Natrivv
Chronically Blathering

Post by Natrivv » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:03 pm

Temple Mind wrote:...

...But would it not be a nice ending? :)

I already talked with Koa, as to what I should do with the temple now... :)

It seems they want me to exclude you all from its mindbending effects

But leave it otherwise intact, of course. :)

The alternatives would be firstly, to do nothing... Which would mean Magnus would likely make you forget about all this. Or at least alter the memories :/

Or, break it entirely... Which would not be a permanent solution either, though holds far more complications. :S
yes, a nice ending, but still an ending. And one I prefer to several others I can imagine.

I agree being immune to the mind Temple is good, it would be a big hassle if we forgot important details because of somebody else is slightly inconvenience. Wouldn't a more long-term solution be someone becoming the head priest of this Temple? You should know how to do it now right?

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:24 pm

Dlover wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:48 pm "So, that catastrophe's over, what's next? Someone decides to stick their hand in this thing and get it ripped off?"
”Can we...not? At least wait until...Matthias is done with the transformation?”

Haley tries to get a picture of Matthias in mid transformation and show it to him, trying to hide her curiosity and a bit of excitement. "So shinnny...." Haley goes to poke at the transforming skin, her curiosity getting to her.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:06 pm

Wait, so Matthias is turning into one of the Overseer's children? The same thing that Kinhe, and apparently Tops is? Bruce releases Tops. So something like this happened to you? Did you used to be human? Tops lazily floats over to Matthias, spinning as he did so, but doesn't seem to give any confirmation either way.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:26 pm

Koa offers Kinhe a somber smile as he pats her bell. She was 'saved' by the Overseer, but at what cost? She couldn't even remember anything of her old life, it's been so long. He doesn't know what her life's been like since then, but all he can do about it now it try to make her new life worth the sacrifice....

"...Today has certainly been a day. So, Matthias is fine. Anything else? Or can we finally get to the meat of the matter?"

"Yeah... I guess it's about time we go over this whole plan of yours, yeah?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:00 pm

Haley, Alex, Bruce, Koa

”Ah yes, how could I have not seen it. Bringing multiple hostages, trying to take the special ball, barely planning for contengicies, incribing this sigal on the floor that could have spelt doom, possessing a dangerous person and having his minions with you isn’t the most stupid ass plan someone has heard of. Your actions potentially killed people, and you are lucky that the big guy isn’t killing you, and none of us are trying to capture you.”

"I've counterpoints to all of those matters, though I admit many might disagree on whether some actions were truly warranted. Regardless, I'd much prefer if we were to discuss the future, rather than debate the past,"
Grimm remarks as actions, for the moment, continue on Matthias- For obvious reasons. Haley obviously first to reply to his wild claim.

“...Me? Are you sure? Um...how can you tell? I...am not sure about the whole repayment thing...I don’t think I did anything...” Haley asks, as she tries to take a proper look at him, getting a brief yelp as Haley touches apparently still sensitive glowing skin. Bit by bit, the last remnants of it were fading inward. Looking at him, to see... Did she do something? She almost felt like, just perhaps, she had done something... But also, not her? Something was used up, like, a dice..? Before she could even really think too much further on the matter, Matthias eyes seemed to go wide, with shock- Hands suddenly clenching the sides of her face, in what could almost be considered an affectionate gesture, if it wasn't just a bit too hard.

"Oh no, no no no..! Was that because of me? How terrible! To think I am meant to thank you, and instead..." he spoke, hands clenching for a moment longer before he suddenly realized to be causing discomfort. Quickly letting go. Worry still present on his face, before... Laughing. Kind of a mad chuckle, that soon seems to subside.

"What a cruel mind, to make things like this. Love, it won't make any sense right now, but. Should you ever come to realize, the same things I have done. Try to not make the same mistakes I did, ok?" he noted, seeming like he had perhaps more to say... But that was likely to be something private, later. For now, distracted by a quick comment.

Wait, so Matthias is turning into one of the Overseer's children? The same thing that Kinhe, and apparently Tops is?

"An astute observation! Yes. I may count myself among his blessed! A fast track there... An impossible gift otherwise, given. I... Should leave for those greener pastures, sometime soon. But there is no hurry."

Alex meanwhile, proposes to just stick his hand in the strange "cube" he found, while Koa agrees it's time to move on the discussion. Grimm giving a grim nod.

"Indeed. I do want to ask a couple more things from you, Matthias. I feel like gears were spinning I was not aware of, and I would like to know the details."

"Of course! But I believe we should get Gayle here, first. Where did she..?"

Temple Mind wrote:She went after Magnus, to try and force him to help. :)

She's on her way back up. I told her you're fine. :)
"I suppose we shall start off then. And yes, we should investigate that cube. But before we do that, and before I go over my plan, I feel like I need to share with you all some vital information. Some misconceptions you seem to have come to understand, or perhaps, never truly gotten the full picture."

"So, to start. You are aware of the cubes. You are also aware of their effect on MissingNo, judging by your current plans. But here I will once again relay the tale of Midas. The short version. Midas, MissingNo of greed, got too greedy. Effectively, creating an avatar, to bring destruction and it's will directly upon the land. This was too much. And the gods used the elements of water, fire and earth, to imprison the being."

"Now. Centuries later, we had the Spark. Starting an all out global war. The devastation Midas caused, pales in comparison. So, now I ask again. Why did they stop Midas, but not the Spark?"

Irene

yes, a nice ending, but still an ending. And one I prefer to several others I can imagine.
Temple Mind wrote:Ha ha ha. Of course.
I agree being immune to the mind Temple is good, it would be a big hassle if we forgot important details because of somebody else is slightly inconvenience. Wouldn't a more long-term solution be someone becoming the head priest of this Temple? You should know how to do it now right?
Temple Mind wrote:I... Suppose I could do that, yes. :)

It is more meddling than I anticipated, but it something I could do. :)

Matthias and your mother are technically already considered priests. Though not head priests. :)

Usually you'd need one of the gods in place for that... I will count for this instance ;)

We'd just need that staff you guys took. I believe it was Koa, or Drake, to take a hold of it?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:01 pm

"Two potential reasons I can think of. The first is that Midas was acting directly, and the second is that the Spark isn't an inherently malignant entity, but merely gave humans the potential for war and they took it. Or I guess maybe at that point some of the gods had already given up, like Magnus."
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:56 pm

Koa wonders at the mention of Missingno. having avatars. These things can do that? How scary would those be, if the Overseer's as strong as it is without one?

"Well... I'm guessing probably 'cause they couldn't do anything about the Spark, or they didn't want to."

"Like, can the god-pokemon do anything about them, if they're not here in this world? This was before the whole Red Chain thing, yeah, so the Spark was still floating around like the Overseer in another dimension?"

"But if it's more that they didn't want to, then...?" Koa trails off, not sure what that would mean.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:03 am

Matthias: ”What...was that? I...lets talk about this later without distractions...”

Grimm: “I dunno? Maybe the gods wanted humanity to end itself? I know Sparky didn’t do it on purpose...maybe that is a reason for it? ...Or there is something the gods do not know...making them do things...”

Haley pulls out her dex to see what Sparky has to say.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:10 pm

Alex, Koa, Haley

"Two potential reasons I can think of. The first is that Midas was acting directly, and the second is that the Spark isn't an inherently malignant entity, but merely gave humans the potential for war and they took it. Or I guess maybe at that point some of the gods had already given up, like Magnus."

"My commendations. Those are very good points you bring up, which I have little doubt played a part. It is true that even if they had stopped it there, war was likely to escalate. As to whether Magnus had given up already... I do not know for sure. There is one more thing, however."

"Well... I'm guessing probably 'cause they couldn't do anything about the Spark, or they didn't want to."

"Like, can the god-pokemon do anything about them, if they're not here in this world? This was before the whole Red Chain thing, yeah, so the Spark was still floating around like the Overseer in another dimension?"

"But if it's more that they didn't want to, then...?"

"No, no... I suppose to say it was an avatar is not completely accurate. The full picture was that he had one of his followers effectively follow his every whim, direct control... Effectively an avatar. The artifacts can stop them, I assure you. It may be one of the only things that can do so in a way too, however."

“I dunno? Maybe the gods wanted humanity to end itself? I know Sparky didn’t do it on purpose...maybe that is a reason for it? ...Or there is something the gods do not know...making them do things...”

"I... Doubt things were that bad. Or a major influence," Grimm says, perhaps a bit worried about that last response. Still, with a soft shake of his head, it seemed he was finally ready to give some exposition.

"But no, there is one thing you're missing. In using these artifacts, these tools, I believe you've not yet realized fully what they are."

"They are the primal type artifacts. In a certain sense, each of them represents one aspect in all its power. Nigh infinite potential."

"But nigh is not truly infinite. To use these artifacts in such a way. There is a cost. They get used up. Partially, each time one of these greater miracles is performed."

"And each time that happens? The world grows a bit more unstable."

"The first time, imprisoning Midas, the effects were subtle, not even noticed by most. The second, when Xerneas and Yveltal used the fairy and ghost artifacts... Mega stones became a reality. Harmless energy leaks into our world. Then, Colress, who used the ice artifact... And brought the Overseer into our world."

"I do not intend to fear monger. As things are, there is no need for it. But I think my message is clear. If you were somehow able to use those artifacts in the first place- You'd still risk bringing ruin to the whole world by doing so. For each time it happens, the barrier between worlds grows weaker."

"Which brings me straight to my next point. Were it not for these events in the first place, we would not be dealing with Prometheus right now. Giratina would be still stuck tight in his prison, together with his creations. So to me, it seems quite obvious what is happening."

"He's trying to invade. That is why Colress must have used one of the artifacts in such a terrible manner as he did. The goal must have been to weaken our world enough to make a connection possible, but... I suppose it failed. And Prometheus is here to finish that job."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:07 pm

"Well, we're planning to beat Prometheus senseless and kick him out anyway. We'll just have to add Giratina to the list of gods I need to slap. If I'm actually to be serious though, I didn't expect the cores to be that easily drained, or maybe it only seems easy. 'nigh infinite power' just sounds like it should take more than sealing a couple of powerful entities to make a dent in them. If that's the case, what about the power of the temples, does that drain them? This place with the psychic core, or the temple housing the bug core that's given us some options, are those just minor things that don't really drain them?"
My game:

My characters:

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:09 pm

Koa considers the Dusknoir's speculations, mulling over them for several moments, brow creased in thought. The fact that he's speculating at all means that he isn't sure, right? Grimm is the 'loremaster', but are there things about the going-ons of the world that he doesn't know? So he's making speculations based on what he does know, but based on what Koa knows, what he's saying doesn't make sense.

"I don't... think that lines up with what we know," Koa speaks up tentatively to one of the most knowledgeable beings in the world. "And I think we have some pretty reliable sources, yeah?"

"So first thing, are you... sure about the cubes? Because those aren't the reason the world is falling apart, from what I've seen. We had a uh... run-in with the Overseer. It abducted me for a bit and... showed me things, in my head." Koa winces at the memory. "How it saw the world, yeah? Well it showed me the Red Chain, and how that was like the backbone of the universe or whatever. And now that it's broken, that's the reason the universe has been falling apart. That happened before the whole Colress thing, yeah? And we found one of Colress' old journals - even in there it said he was just trying to get back to Babylon."

"And speaking of, you're saying Giratina's trying to invade? I dunno about that, either, though."

"See, agh, this is a bit of a story, but, well, we were investigating... otherworldly anomalies, since we know the Godslayers are interested in those, yeah? That's Overseer thing happened, cause on the way to finding one we ran into Pandora - Pam Pyxis - that girl Prometheus keeps around that can teleport them places, and she was also on the way to this anomaly. It turns out the Godslayers got hold of a piece of the Red Chain and... fused it with her? To keep her alive. The Overseer wants her dead 'cause of that, and us finding her let the Overseer find her, but she got away."

"Anyway, after that we found Gaia... who's from Babylon, just like Prometheus. She's his wife. She came looking for him because she didn't know what happened to him, which... if we're going by your idea, that doesn't make a lot of sense? Like... the way we found her, she almost starved to death, 'cause they live off some weird, artificial sunlight in Babylon - food doesn't do anything for 'em. She was on a mission from Giratina, so if Prometheus was also on a mission from him, wouldn't Giratina have told her so she wouldn't have almost died trying to find him? Like she doesn't even know her husband's alive!"

"But, right, the anomaly. Well, if you haven't guessed, it was the tree connecting our world to Babylon. And like I said, Gaia came through it with another guy, Hermes, on a mission to bust up the tree. According to them, Giratina told them that destroying the tree would permanently close the bridge between our world and Babylon, and... well they seemed pretty convinced of it, and they didn't really seem the type to lie, yeah, like really naïve. That's why Gaia tried to hard to find Prometheus - she thought this was her last chance to see him again."

"We managed to convince them to leave without breaking the tree, 'cause even if they thought it would close things off on their side, we weren't sure what it would do on our side. And we told Gaia that Promethus could still be alive - we couldn't really bring ourselves to tell her what he's been up to. But still... they came close."

Koa runs his fingers through his curly hair and lets out a puff of air. Trying to unravel this web of motivations and conspiracies was starting to get exhausting. He hoped unpacking all of this made some amount of sense.

"Though... Pandora did want us to tell them that Prometheus is dead, so they wouldn't have any reason to keep the tree around. But given what Gaia and Hermes told us, I don't think it's for the reason you think it is."

"Just... the way they worship Giratina, it doesn't make sense that Prometheus would be on a mission from him, but Giratina wouldn't tell Gaia and Hermes about it. He could've just told them about it, order them to bust the tree, and then he could invade, right? And Gaia wouldn't have worried herself almost to starvation over it, then, yeah?"

"Giratina didn't want to connect our worlds. He wanted to cut us off."
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:54 pm

”...It sounds like you are not sure yourself that there is not anything manipulating them... “ Haley looks at Matthias and gives him a questioning look “...Would any of it do with the void thingy?”

Haley listens to Koa’s speach “... Er riiight. ...What is Giratina anyways? If she is a mon, we can capture her like I plan for Neked. If she plans to evade at all...which she might not? But we can’t let her harm the ...tree? That sounds like a bad idea?

...The godslayer creeps were near an area that gave off a lot of energy...I think they may try to do something bad with that.”

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:45 pm

"Giratina's a god, Haley. In another dimension. So no, not a pokemon. And I've got no clue what you're referring to as 'Neked,' please don't go giving things obscure nicknames."
My game:

My characters: