Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:23 pm

Kroshav takes half a step in the direction of the sword then stops and wonders why he wanted to pick it up. Strange.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:56 pm

“Well, Am gonna ta assume ye donnae have a name then? Would it be okay ta call ye Sara? . If ye donnae answ’r Ah’m goin’ ta assume ye mean aye.

If ye donnae wanna talk tha be fine, ye prob’ly in tha wierd stage in yer life where everythin’ seems ta beh doom n gloom. Ah can talk ta ye n tell te many o tales, some may o maynae be real.”

(Joe isn’t holding onto the sword as per it’s wishes. Also my take on Sara: she’s teenage girl in her emo/goth/literal edgelord phase that may or maynot have a crush on Kroshav)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:06 pm

((Goodberry may be able to provide food for ten, but Lurn's not going to start every day by spending a spell slot on it, nor does he really have the foresight to cast it at night for the next day, and even if he did he'd then have to find somewhere to store them that would leave them still edible.))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:55 pm

Dlover wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:06 pm ((Goodberry may be able to provide food for ten, but Lurn's not going to start every day by spending a spell slot on it, nor does he really have the foresight to cast it at night for the next day, and even if he did he'd then have to find somewhere to store them that would leave them still edible.))
((This is why God made Lieutenants...for someone to organize these things...)) ;)

If Cary learns that Lurn is capable of casting Goodberry she will politely remind him to cast it every evening he has magic left before he sleeps then place the berries into a saddle bag to be ready for the next day...

(Sheet? Huh?)
If Cary finds something in one of these towns it will likely be some thick blankets, rope and a couple of heavy tarps to allow her to set up shelter for herself and her mount...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:32 pm

((The google sheet. If not, someone can PM you the link.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:20 am

The sword doesn't answer and Lurn continues to be ignored by Joe as she has a monologue with the air.

((The link is on the first page of the OOC. All those things Cary wants she can buy in any of the towns without a problem.

The voice from the sword was much younger sounding than a teenager.))

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:23 am

Joe looks up at Kroshav ”Ah think Sara here be shy. She doesnae want meh ta touch ‘er nor does she wanna talk ta meh. Ah’d lime ta speak with ‘er...oh Ah’d say at least once a day o so. At least fer a bedtime story.

But Ah did get some infomat’n for ye. Tha enchantments on ‘er seem ta be necrotic in nature. Asides tha, Ah donnae know much abou’ ‘er.

Ah have some ideas why Sara be like this. Tha first idea be tha she is a poor soul tha got trapp’d in thar somehow, perhaps by a wiz’rd n tha be why she doesnae like meh. If tha be tha case then Ah’d like ta reasearch how ta get ‘er out.

N oth’r idea is she were made like this, in which case Ah wouldnae know how tha were ta happ’n. Maybeh many lay’ra of enchantm’nts...like tha golem. If tha were tha case Ah ‘m nat sure if she’d like ta be a walkin’ person o if she be cont’nt as she were. She isnae talkin’ ta meh at all, which be a shame. She be ‘er own pers’n but Ah donnae know how ta make ‘er happy if she willnae talk ta meh.

Ah want ye ta talk ta ‘er n see wha’ ‘er dreams be n if she wanna be a hum’noid o if she wanna stay as she were. Ah think ye need ta ask ‘er herself wha’ she can do. Ah donnae suggest ye use ‘er though, Ah donnae know if tha enchantm’nt on ‘er be good o bad fer whom’ver uses it. When we be at tha lib’ry Ah’ll see wha they say abou’ senti’nt obj’cts.”

(I didn’t see anything from Dlover, not intentionally ignoring him)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:54 am

Joe postulates a number of origin stories for the voice in the sword and gives advice based on surprisingly little more than one sentence of conversation, rumors and tales she's heard plus a gut feeling.

((Whole lot of guessing/apparent knowledge without a roll there Lost. Give me an arcana, history or intelligence check.))

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:18 am

(The sword gave off necrotic energy to her, and sent hatred twoards Joe. Everything else was pure speculation. The sword also doesnt seem to want to be touched so no using it...and sorry If I overstep my bounds I was just trying to think of how it could come to be...)

1d20+5 = [2] = 7

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:40 am

((Kroshav knows the sword does and protects from necrotic attacks. The sword wasn't sending hate, just hostility. Kroshav has also been using the sword quite a lot, and others have touched it. Joe is the first to poke it magically.

With that roll, Joe knows there are sentient weapons but not the mechanism for how they are made. She is full on guessing about everything else.))

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:43 am

(Oooooh. That makes sence. I thought it was because Joe wasn’t proficent in it.

All the more reason to go to the libary then)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:05 am

"Who's Sara? The sword gave me protection against some nasty stuff before. And sometimes I can hit real good with it."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:18 am

”Tha be tha name Ah gave ‘er...Ah mean tha sword, she didnae tell meh ‘ers. Sara tha sword. So ye know wha ‘he can do then?”

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:46 pm

((Everyone worked through this half of the trip? If so I will keep us moving.))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:22 pm

((I think so, Kroshav will take his sword back with a shrug if Joe isn't able to tell him any more than he already knew. He asks the sword if it's name is really Sara.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:06 am

Kroshav picks up his sword and feels a warm, happy tingle up his arm. The little voice in his head says,
► Show Spoiler
The next night the party finds the party in Timmer where they are greeted by Enrud who congratulates you on surviving the war and walks you to Nezza's boarding house chatting about his experiences. He was mostly just fighting on the front lines but still knows what your squad did. The boarding house is as you remember it and you get a night there for free courtesy of Enrud.

The party sets out the next day as normal and find the morning brisk, some people wearing heavier clothing, but the sun is out and the afternoon warms things. Kant is almost back to his old self now, but more reserved. He is very hopeful his wife and child are safe at his home, despite what Ghram has told him. The day passes uneventfully, a number of people pass going west and a few riders pass going to the east. That night night finds you between Feltan and Timmer, a few people straggling in from both directions after dark. Cary is drawn to the trees again and, placing her hand on a tree as she gazing into the darkness beyond her vision, feels a cold certainty that something old is coming. Something that knows her and wants something? Jaq finds more berries, which Celus refuses to try, and trains up his arm while Kroshav practices with his lance. Dama and Jolly spend most of their time together talking and even laughing as they walk.

((Can I get a wisdom save from Cary and a perception check from Lurn please. Oh, and also two more wisdom saves from Lurn.))

The next day the sky is overcast but it is actually a little bit warmer. The day, again, passes without anything new, just a long walk. Feltan is about the same as when you passed through a few days ago, only more populated. There is a boarding house, but unlike Timmer, there is no wall around the village. A pair of travelers, a man and woman, in heavier clothes watch the party arrive from the edge of the village, the man points towards the party. They have a short heated discussion before the man approaches the group and makes a beeline for Lurn, saying in heavily accented common,

"You are Lurn?"

The woman comes along behind him but stays a little ways back. Lurn recognizes that both she and he are wearing clothing typical of western Balyon's nomadic tribes and have the sharp features and pale skin of that people.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:09 am

My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:30 am

The night before, Lurn is pretty sure he saw someone staring at him as they were making camp but didn't see who it was exactly. A taller man if he would guess. It also wouldn't have been the first time he was stared at by people.

The man raises a gloved hand before his forehead and gives a slight bow,

"As they always have, with fury and determination." He straightens, "I am Gethren of Tribe Winn. The woman hanging suspiciously in the shadows is my cousin-sister Rapa. I am most pleased to meet you here! We heard rumor of your acts and loses," he looks to Lurn's missing arm, "In Grenmyr. We had not thought to find you here heading back to Grenmyr!" He smiles and continues, "I apologize for my rambling. I merely wish to hear for myself, from you, the accomplishments of a son of the plains."

He gives you a questioning look while Rapa looks on in mild distaste.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:47 am

Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:25 am

Cary can sense whatever is coming will arrive soon, the next few days.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:33 am

"My own accomplishments are nothing grand. As a cleric, my role is simply to tend to the wounds of those who stand beside me and provide what other aid I can. As you can see by my loss, I'm not much of a competent fighter myself, but I have no qualms with my role being to keep others in the fight."
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:48 am

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:03 am

Gethren looks a little underwhelmed and looks around at the rest of the party then back to Lurn,

"That is very humbly said, but I would be most interested if you can share more details of what you did?"

Gapa looks vaguely smug.

Kroshav
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:17 am

Kroshav is concentrating on something, his tongue peeking out of his mouth.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler