Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:07 pm

"Well, they could not figure out what the un-openable box does, but they were good at id'ing, so I think that is a secret that it keeps to itself for now. Other than that, I think I had all my stuff done, except for one ring....that I had forgotten about." Jaq nods and winks at Kroshav, "Smart thought, bud."

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:10 pm

Joe tells the group what the idol is her eyes brighten with excitement.
“Anci’nt libary sounds great! Ah cannae wait ta explore tha halls n find historic’l docum’nts n obj’cts. Maybeh they may have some scrolls o books Ah can use!”

”Ye did? Ah had ta pay much moar than it was worth fer a scroll, peal n ink ta put it in meh book. But it’d pay fer itself in time ‘n maybeh Ah can try ta sell meh servic’s ta regain some o tha costs. ...Nay to ye guys o course. N if we find anoth’r wizard Ah’d wanna try ta expand meh book a bit.”

Joe will identify the ring and box for Jaq.

(Also I was not aware we had Joe + 9 others. Lets see...Lurn, Jaq,Joe, Ruby, Cary, Jolly, Dena...who else? It can’t be the horses, they’d make the spell fail...

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:25 pm

"Never got my sword looked at either. "
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:40 pm

((I'll be honest, I forgot Augury was a short time window.))

"Finding that library when we've got the time may be interesting, but our first priority should be ensuring everyone who wants to go home gets there safely, and tracking that hag who's attacked people."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:18 pm

Joe spends the time trying to identify the unopenable box only to have fail right as the spell completes, for as many times as she tries.

((Which ring? You had the ring of Temperate Lies identified as well as the resist lightning ring. Not sure which ring is left?
@Lost, Lurn, Jaq, Joe, Kroshav, Cary, Dama, Jolly, Indra, Celus, Kant = 10))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:10 am

(Oh, I guess the ring of temperate lies was totally done....I thought I might have forgotten that one. Guess we are all done then except for Kroshav's sword)

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:38 am

Joe will ID the sword then. Also, the imobile stick...does it seem to fit into the cube? I had a sudden thought that both are part of something bigger.
Nine creatures of Medium size or smaller can fit inside the dome with you.
it’s wording is a bit...odd. It seems like caster+9 more? I am not sure...

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:48 pm

((The stick is much larger than the box. The stick is human arm length and the box fits in a human's palm.))

Joe gets an angry feeling and a necrotic burn as she touches the sword to identify it, faintly hearing a little girl say,

"Don't touch me!"

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:46 pm

”Oh! Ah am sorry. Meh friend didnae say ye’d be int’leg’nt. Who ye be m’am?”

(The box has a hole in it though, right? Is the sticks’s radius larger than the box’s hole?))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:31 pm

((I'm pretty sure the hole is tiny, smaller than a key.))
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:35 pm

The sword doesn't answer Joe but she gets a very hostile feeling from it.

Having spent so many days near the great forest Cary finds herself drawn more and more often to its edge. Sometimes she even finds she has taken steps into the shadows of the trees without realizing it.

Kant becomes ever more lucid and even joins some conversations, but he is always the first up in the morning and ready to go.

((The stick is about as a... quarter dollar. The hole on the box is + shaped and is rather small, but there are keys that size.
Also, I agree with your reading that the hut can hold 10 people, 9+caster. That said, 10 people in there is going to be tight and the four npc's would rather have the room than be sleeping on top of each other, so long it isn't dumping rain! They are probably back in the hut on the four day of the trip.

@Quarg, give me a wisdom check.

Anyone else have something they'd like to do? Otherwise I will keep you moving east to Kant's house. Is everyone going to stay in the hut if they can? It is raining now and getting cooler by the day.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:32 am

"You right there, Joe? Something wrong?"
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:21 am

((Also, can I get three wisdom saves from Lurn please!))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:12 am

My game:

My characters:

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:50 am

Jaq will stay in the hut for his trance, but then while awake again, will do watch from outside. He will usually find somewhere to hide himself (with the cloak's help, and just quietly watch) . In the mornings just before everyone else is awakening, he will do a stroll a bit further out and try to collect some berries or other items he can find to help make breakfast a bit more enjoyable.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:45 am

((Survival roll please NSF, gotta see if Jaq is poisoning everyone!))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:15 am

Survival: 1D20+3 = [9]+3 = 12

(I forget, did I get any sort of bonus from what Ves taught me about foraging?
And if I do poison people, its about time someone other than one of my characters gets poisoned or cursed!) o:)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:26 am

((No bonus, Ves was teaching Jaq the basics of actually being out in the woods. Jaq is a city boy, got a lot of training in a short period!))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:41 am

((It's at this point that I'm glad I've long established Purify Food and Drink as Lurn's pre-meal prayer, every if meals are always cold and everyone else is going to be getting poisoned. :P))
My game:

My characters:

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:43 am

”Ah donnae know why ye’d hate meh but Ah cannnae make it more conf’rble to ye if Ah donnae know what ye like. Were ye happy with Kroshav?”

(Don’t you also have the goodberries spell?)

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:08 am

((Goodberry doesn't help against poison, but two paladins at hand will be able to handle all but the fastest and most lethal!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:55 am

(Goodberries will help prevent the need of scavaging)

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:15 am

(Jaq isn't scavaging...he is enhancing the breakfast palette through his amazing skills!) :roll:

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:22 am

Rodgeir wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:35 pm The sword doesn't answer Joe but she gets a very hostile feeling from it.

Having spent so many days near the great forest Cary finds herself drawn more and more often to its edge. Sometimes she even finds she has taken steps into the shadows of the trees without realizing it.

Kant becomes ever more lucid and even joins some conversations, but he is always the first up in the morning and ready to go.

((The stick is about as a... quarter dollar. The hole on the box is + shaped and is rather small, but there are keys that size.
Also, I agree with your reading that the hut can hold 10 people, 9+caster. That said, 10 people in there is going to be tight and the four npc's would rather have the room than be sleeping on top of each other, so long it isn't dumping rain! They are probably back in the hut on the four day of the trip.

@Quarg, give me a wisdom check.

Anyone else have something they'd like to do? Otherwise I will keep you moving east to Kant's house. Is everyone going to stay in the hut if they can? It is raining now and getting cooler by the day.))
Apparently she is really wise this time...
Wisdom Check: 1D20+2 = [18]+2 = 20

Cary will have stayed outside the temple until the rain begins...Truthfully being in a temple is a bit...er irksome to her?

She also wishes she had grabbed a tent earlier* (need to check supplies for a tarp)
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:12 pm

Lurn watches Joe talk to herself, which all things considered isn't that odd and as Joe says,

"Were you happy with Kroshav?"

Kroshav feels a vague ping in his mind, like a plaintive cry, and feels a strong urge to pick up the sword.

((Give me a wisdom save for Kroshav please!))

Cary can feel something different about these woods. The longer she is here the more she feels it, something familiar but nothing she can remember or place. Whatever it is, everyday it seems to grow stronger, her eyes lingering on the leaves beginning to turn to their fall colors. Or maybe something is getting closer?

Jaq manages to lighten up breakfast with some colorful fall blackberries, late blueberries, some red berry that looked a lot like the one that Ves said was okay to eat but turns out to be so bitter Celus half chokes while trying to spit them out. Overall a good learning experience for everyone.

((There will be no fewer than towns on the way to where you are going that will have tents, Cary can buy one. Did you ever get access to the sheet? You can just deduct the price from your sheet.))