Tests and Trials OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Quarg

Re: Tests and Trials OOC

Post by Quarg » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:03 am

Rodgeir wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:03 am Oh and Quarg, you should level Cary up to 5 if you haven't already done so.
Thank you...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:39 am

I aim to please.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:31 am

Bridgeway....Bridgeway...I'm just saying this a few times now so I maybe remember this.

What else would Jaq know about Bridgeway?

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:34 pm

Bridgeway is much more integrated than Stenrek, the elves far more aggressively accepting the new Duchess's reforms. It is a newer city that has grown quickly but it is also the most wealthy city in the north of the Duchy, if not the entire Duchy.

It had a significant military base before relations with Balyon improved with the new Duchess and most of the military has been shifted to the east (Dragonborn threat) and west (weakening relations with the Empire).

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:13 pm

So Cary is finally taking 3rd level in Paladin Oath of the Ancients...Drudic here we come...
Not sure how to deal with that IC

I need to rebuild her character sheet anyway...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:29 pm

Hm. This is a good time to work that out. What were you envisioning for an experience/bond? What is Cary's patron again?

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:06 pm

I am not sure what to do...my thought was some call of the Ancients before the empire calling Cary to serve as her family has served...
I mean her Warlock patron is from the shadowrelm but I don't know how that should be incorporated...Although Warlock and Paladin stack usually their stock narrative backgrounds don't fit all that well...

Originally I thought she would be the Warden type but Misty Step calls to me...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:15 pm

Vengeance paladin will get you the misty step as well. I'm okay with changing up patrons if you'd like, you haven't done anything related to them at this point.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:57 pm

Well the Shadowrelm patron is for Hexblades which really is the advantage for this build...

And oath of vengence...yeah the only person who to have vengence on is her father? Not a good character for a vengence paladin.

Idea 1 is to use use an Ancient of Night or Shadow so that all of the plants etc that she manipulates are not green plants but dark plants (those that consume from other plants...or bloom in the darkness...not really loving this.

Idea 2 So someone came up with an idea over in Giant in the Playground see if this is an acceptable idea for your world...or change as we need...
► Show Spoiler
Yeah, an insane idea of the Moon Pool being an 'intelligent prison' itself that grants magical powers (aka makes Hexblades) to act as its guards and spys...(Of course the elves just manipulated this into also using these powers to help their own empire building) But occasionally the Ancients themselves 'elevate' a mere shadow walker into something more...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:29 pm

Well, rather than adding all that to the world there is a talking sword already in the game that was given to Kroshav by a vampire. It's details still haven't been entirely revealed but it definitely leans to the darker side of things. If Spider would be willing to part with it somehow it would give the hexblade link.

If Spider is willing there, I have an idea on the Ancient connection.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:03 am

I can't use the sword and the hammer! Willing to part, but would need a bit more of a reason narratively, as he just meet Cary, and hasn't given his talking sword over to any of the NPCs he's friends with in this time.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:51 am

Absolutely, not trying to push you to have Kroshav give up the sword. Just throwing out possible solutions that won't require an introduction of additional back story that may come back to bite me :P!

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:41 am

What type of (talking) sword is it? Shortsword, ling aword, sword sword...

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:39 am

long sword
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:44 pm

It is the swordiest damned sword that ever sworded.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:04 pm

Rodgeir wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:29 pm Well, rather than adding all that to the world there is a talking sword already in the game that was given to Kroshav by a vampire. It's details still haven't been entirely revealed but it definitely leans to the darker side of things. If Spider would be willing to part with it somehow it would give the hexblade link.

If Spider is willing there, I have an idea on the Ancient connection.
Er...we could just have the moon pool generate weapons for its guardians...for whatever reason...The whole Hexblade thing is supposed to be essentially weapons powers from something that creates weapons...a future 'level' of a Hexblade includes being able to create a magical weapon from 'nothing'.

We don't have to have the elaborate background I was just thinking 'outloud' (or typing outloud) and typing to justify the whole Moon Pool as the source of the weapon idea...

(Actually the cool conceit about the Moon Pool itself being the source of her Hexblade powers would be that Cary, if creating a weapon or imbuing a weapon with magical power, has to use water to do so...
and the weapons themselves appear to always be 'wet' or made of water they shimmer...)

But this is your world sir...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:50 pm

I think the story was fine it just conflicts a bit too much with the world as is without Swiss cheesing it.

We can scale back the history on the Pool and say that it is a natural culmination of natural magic that is semi-sentient but deeply connected to nature around the planet. A connection to it would also make Cary a person of interest to the Ancients.

Like I did with Kroshav, Cary won't get her full Oath powers until she does the actual oath. You get the hit points and spell slots but don't have access to the Oath spells or channel divinity yet. Unlike Kroshav, Cary won't have to wait a level to do! Probably.

Sound okay?

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:19 am

That works...that way she isn't like bound to a vampiric talking sword...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:46 pm

I'll get the update tomorrow, sorry for the delay.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:56 pm

Been on a surprisingly busy vacation, update tomorrow.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:18 am

I tried to update the character sheet, but I can't remember my google acct password so that's a no go...
Jaq's HP should be updated, Rolled 8HP for fifth level.

Maybe someday I'll figure out how to sign back on to google. Heh. Even the password recovery thing wasn't working for me. I have too many accounts that I really don't use often or ever...sigh.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:33 am

You can make a new account and log in with it? I promise I will let you in!

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:25 am

Heh, ok. When not at work I will do that. Actually, if I sign in at home, I might be able to get into the account, we'll see.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:26 am

So I think we found our hag?

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:28 am

Doubt it, considering the heavy focus on Lurn.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)