Tests and Trials OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Quarg

Re: Tests and Trials OOC

Post by Quarg » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:54 am

Also the “chapter house” may be a more informal designation that the powers that be refer to any Fist Paladins in the city...more because other Orders have them and I can easily see a pol saying “what do the Chapter Houses think?” Referring to all of the holy orders regardless if they have formal chapter houses
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:52 am

Okay, the letter would have said,

"As you are aware, (Joe's real name) met with and briefly fought with a creature now confirmed to be a hag. Before you left we had been unable to find any trace of the hag following the encounter, that remains unchanged. Attempts to follow trails leading from the site of the fight were unsuccessful, they all simply vanish after a few miles. (Joe's real name) has recently awoken and taken a party into the woods in search of the hag. I am not optimistic given it has been nearly a week now. The man that was married to the woman that presumably became the hag is not coping well with what has happened and has taken to standing by the woods and yelling for his wife and the baby for hours. After gathering some information I have attempted to explain to the man that his real wife is almost certainly dead, killed by the hag, and the baby that the thing had was not truly his. I did not go into details I recieved that the hag likely had pulled the unborn child from his wife's stomach and eaten it alive.

We've done what we can for him but he has refused to head east with those from his own village. If you have time and opportunity and find out more about this I would be grateful to you for letting me know."

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:58 am

Nature: 1D20+2 = [6]+2 = 8

So my understanding of the timeline which is Cary

Option 1)
Hag kills Old mother and pretends to be her.
Hag kills Young mother takes and eats baby?
Hag hangs around and then pretends to be young mother and then hides
pretends to give birth and then runs away with the baby...

Questions: Why wait if you have the baby? You can change into some other shape, start a fire...escape long before the body is discovered...

Option 2)
Hag kills young mother and takes baby into belly
Hag kills Old mother
Hag hangs around and then pretends to give birth and then runs away with the baby...

Question: Why wait if you have the baby now even more makes no sense...just leave with baby...

Edit...now I may see what is going on but with an eight Cary might not...
► Show Spoiler

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:21 pm

I think that the hag ate the woman and pretended to be her. The hag got pregnant and continued to pretend to be the woman until after giving birth.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:25 pm

Can hags get pregnant?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:40 pm

Apparently she did, because she gave birth to a kid.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:01 am

Sorry for radio silence and not keeping up over the past few days. I'm in the last few weeks of my uni life, and with all the posts happening I've not really been keeping up on it all. I'm at least pretty sure that we've not reached anything that's important to have my input, right?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:57 pm

Not really? Just Quarg introducing Cary and talking horses.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:10 pm

Er what does mean getting the Tree? And how long has it been an award? (Just for reference to family for Cary)

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:18 am

The tree means the recipient has performed an act or several acts of distinguishing heroism in wartime on behalf of the Duchy and can be used, one time, to personally meet the Duchess. It also has the plant growth level spell attached to it. This is a Duchy variation on an Empire award that the Empire adopted from early kingdoms. Dang old.

The Empire wouldn't award them to non-elves but in both the Duchy and Empire is one of the awards that truly is only given to those that did something heroic.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:17 am

So are you all planning on following the husband home? It is going to be retracing your steps and will take about a week.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:29 am

I thought he lived on the edge of the town?

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:50 am

As I have said several times now - Yes he lives on the edge of town, just not this town!

He is from Uppner which is four days on horse back away and eight on foot.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:09 am

Not sure who we are waiting on....

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:03 pm

Was kind of waiting to see if people were still wanting to follow Kant back to to Uppner but if everyone is onboard I can just go with that I can just have you head out this morning.

Also wasn't sure if you were done introducing yourselves?

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:19 pm

Not sure either...
I thought a group knowledge check on Hags was sort of needed...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:05 am

Pretty sure most have already done one, Kroshav got the most out of it and Ghram's letter filled in even more.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:40 am

If we are proposing going back a week to where we just were, how close does that put us to Tom and Cassie's place? Kroshav would also want to check in with the NPCs we have in our party, they may not be up for doubling back.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:24 am

You'd be passing through Tom and Cassie's village to get there. None of NPCs had an issue, the only thing they wanted was not to be in the forest come winter.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:35 am

Well I don’t know how well people rolled but Cary is wondering why the hag would go back....

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:47 am

If Cary has any ideas where to look that would be nice.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:12 pm

Kroshav remembers that hags have lairs but the only person that believes the hag went back to Kant's house is Joe. Nothing anyone else knows would indicate if that is or is not the case.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:03 am

Oh and Quarg, you should level Cary up to 5 if you haven't already done so.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:04 am

Jaq is not thrilled with backtracking, which can probably be seen, but he also will not disagree with the plan, he'd prolly just shrug and go along with it, as Joe MIGHT be right.

After this side trek though, Jaq would like to head to a larger city. To buy and sell a few things!

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:46 am

Once again Jaq will find himself in the middle of nowhere. Grenmyr he knows is medium sized, and is the closest, but the two big cities of Stenrek and Bridgeway are both about the same distance away from Joe and Kant's expressed destination. Jaq would know that Bridgeway is a big trading city with the northern nations while Stenrek relies very heavily on the dwarven nation.