Trinity Isles OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Trinity Isles OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:25 pm

And no real intention to use it either? If so that's fair.

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:30 pm

Not really, until very late game when Haley has her own lil poke island and let the manetric roam there.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:54 pm

I'm not sure I'd even count that as the purpose for "using it", so that's definitely fine. :P

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:56 pm

What's funny is that my pokes already exceed the lvl 30+ thresholds, I just had a few to raise up to lvl 25. This big battle didn't give my mains any experience :lol:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:17 pm

Alex nets 3 levels, getting Charm and Intuition to master, guile to expert, and Lifelong Learning.

Roy nets 5 levels to 40. Dynamic Punch replaces Force Palm, 4 stats go into sdef, 1 into atk. Hitting level 40 nets him a third ability - did I get to choose which one that is, or is it random? - and he's now eligible to evolve.

Tyr is already at 35.

Dusk gets 2 levels up to 35. 1 point each into HP and atk.

Mercury is above 30.

Pillow gets 5 levels to 30. It learns Confuse Ray, and puts 2 points in hp, 1 into each spatk, spdef, and def, and is eligible to evolve.

Slippy also goes 5 levels to 30. 1 point in Def, hp, and stak, with 2 in sdef.

A bunch of pokemon go up to 25.

All that gained levels (not Tyr or Mercury) gain a rank of Top Percentage. Some going to 25 get multiple ranks.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:17 am

Yeah, you can choose abilities yourself at those levels.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:12 am

Oookay... In that case, Iron Fist for Roy, so +2DB to a bunch of punchy moves. It was going to be a difficult choice against Huge Power doubling base atk stat, then I realised I can make money and hire a mentor (one that uses pke edu for it which Alex doesn't) to change basic and advanced abilities, and at poke level 60 can get the Ability Master poke edge to get another ability, so I can get all of the useful ones eventually anyway.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:27 am

Huge power doesn’t double attack stat any more, sorry Dlover.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:48 am

Izzy gains 2 levels, picking up the Arcanist class and Master Occult Education.

Her Pokemon gain the following (plus various stat increases);
Kay: Lv40 (+6 levels), learns the Perception Ability.
Fern: Lv35 (+4 levels), learns Roost.
Maku: Lv35 (+4 levels).
Zeke: Lv30 (+3 levels), can now evolve.
Eddie: Lv25 (+1 level).
Snaps: Lv25 (+5 levels), learns Flail.

All other Pokemon already meet the level limits.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:48 am

Hang on, so the abilities marked as "playtest" come after the ones not marked that way? That's confusing, but alright then. It's an overall loss of like 7atk by the time I'd actually get that, so a minor difference.
Last edited by Dlover on Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
My game:

My characters:

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:54 am

Now that Haley is officially lv 14, she gains glitched existence.

Cushion is lv 40 and gains Desert Weather ability, allowing her to resist fire when in sunny weather! (It doesn't say step further just says resist). Which will be....like all the time with Haley. Cushion forgets fient attack and learns spiky shield. She also gained some more def/spdef.

Willow becomes lv 35 and is 10 lvs above evolution now. She forgets confuse ray and learns Curse! She gains def, spdef, hp and attack. When she evolves her stats may change around a bit.

Buttercup becomes lv 35 as well, all go into speed and she doesn't learn anything.

Jackie is already lv 33. Amber becomes level 30 and once everything is done will learn an underdog thing and possibly something else. She gains 1 in SpAtt.

Now for the last one.... I am thinking Archie, since I am using him more than Acorn currently and he is my only anti flyer so far. Quick guard replaces quick attack. Acrobatics replaces wing attack.

Everyone else lvs to lv 25, Acorn gaining the gentle vibe ability. I'll deal with everyone else later.

(once everything is done Haley will change around her team on hand and let Rhem be in the fairy temple to help guard it)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:00 am

Dlover wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:48 am Hang on, so the abilities marked as "playtest" come after the ones not marked that way? That's confusing, but alright then. It's an overall loss of like 7atk by the time I'd actually get that, so a minor difference.
Yeah, the modified/new Abilities are from the Feb 2016 Playtest. They were never officially "released" in an updated Core PDF, but the devs stated that they consider them basically errata at this point.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:42 pm

Sorry everyone, I've had a pretty torrid time the past 6 months or so, I think I last logged in about 2-3 months ago. So unfortunately I missed the tail end of the fight and all the discussion, I have no idea what is going on. Very sorry, at the end of the day I just had no mental energy left to remember to log in and check what was going on. Sort of everyone went out the window apart from functioning :(

I will do my best to go back and read what I missed out on, what would you like me to do in the meantime with Bjorn and mons?
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:06 pm

Nothing urgent for you to attend to, Synch, unless you've got some sort of healing magics.
My game:

My characters:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:47 am

So I don't know if we've discussed this yet, but there's a Gen 8 Pokedex available on the developer forums. And not only that, but also an updated Fancy Sheet that includes all Pokemon/Moves/Abilities up to Gen 8.

Is this something you want to include, Mort? I'm only interested in 1 or 2 of the Gen 8 'mons, but some others might have ones they'd like to pick up.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:12 pm

I'd have no issues including gen 8 Pokemon, but I'd probably only do it if there's interest from you guys in some of them.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:50 pm

I don't know enough about gen 8 to know if there would be any pokemon I'm interested in, but I'm not opposed to them.
My game:

My characters:

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:10 pm

Haley maybe interested in appleton? I dunno...there’s only one non pure grass line in Sw/Sh that isn’t legendary. I can say that she wouldn’t want to make little abominations they call the fossil mons.

(Me personally though love dracopult’s design. It’s fierce and cute. If haley ever dies I may have a ghost based trainer)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:48 am

Yeah, Dragapult is my favourite of the new designs too. But Izzy already has 2 dragons, and I was planning to get Decidueye to cover my lack of ghost (and grass) types :shrug:

Otherwise, Frosmoth looks kinda nice as an Ice-type with a Sky speed...?

The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Post by The Lost » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:26 am

There is corvinkight which is steel flying that may interest you?

Alolan Eggecutor would be amusing to have. Being 30’ tall/being huge and having reach would help out againt some flying types. The only problem is getting it into an area. And has harvest....hmmmmmm....

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:34 am

Oh yeah, Corviknight looks badass too, and I would love to catch one if I had the option. But I've already got a Steel/Flying type with better stats and moves, so... :shrug:

Plus, Corviknight is basically Honchkrow with armour, and I've already got one of those too (once I manage to train it not to kill me :lol: ).

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:40 am

I'm not really interested in any of the new pokemon for Koa, specifically, even if I consider Falinks to be the best boys and I love them.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:42 am

Also Dusk, this is completely off topic and kind of random...

But do you remember that dnd game you participated in for a bit? Are you aware you remain logged in on there to this day? :lol:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:47 am

M0rtimer wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:42 am Also Dusk, this is completely off topic and kind of random...

But do you remember that dnd game you participated in for a bit? Are you aware you remain logged in on there to this day? :lol:
Whoops! :oops:

Is that even possible? Wait, on Roll20 or Discord?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:22 pm

On roll20 yes :lol: