Tests and Trials OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
The Lost
Indulges in Conversation

Re: Tests and Trials OOC

Post by The Lost » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:34 am

Joe would want to eventually follow the golem to the libary, but there isn’t much of a rush for that.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:44 pm

Well back into the forest is vaguely in the direction the golem wanted to go.

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:26 pm

Jaq will be pushing to get back to Stenrek sooner rather than later to check on his dad and give him some things he found to be sold at the store.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:00 pm

Er...sorry for being missing but between the new job and weekends where I'm either playing RL (sort of games) or having to do errands I seem to have been gone for a bit...Where is Cary at the moment since I see Joe lost to the Hag unfortunately...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:17 am

Cary is still in the town, for some reason?The husband is still there but pretty much everyone else is gone, to Grenmyr, Stenrek or back home.

Why Cary is still there? Maybe she was just waiting until the military left completely and is heading out soon herself? She can have one of the rooms at the boarding house.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:15 am

Er...let's have Cary deliver her charges to the next town and then arrive back (They were on horseback) if that makes sense time wise...

I think she got pulled from the investigation likely to deal with some issue with her original mission anyway...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:26 am

Cary's wards were heading to four towns over, not the next. So if she rode nonstop and then turned around the same day she be back tomorrow, game time. That okay?

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:56 am

Hmm, just no in character reason to chase the group if they wander away today.... >:? what would be the timing if our gentleman’s horse only got three towns before going lame so he made base there for the moment?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:13 am

You'd have gotten there yesterday, game time, while they were gone. That'd work!

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:33 am

So re enters guildenstein in act 3

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:43 am

Kroshav is in/near the stable, if you'd like a reason to meet him.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:56 am

Sorry having only half paying attention to your trems sub thread but any reason why a military investigator would interrupt his training? Other than the Paladin mount?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:09 am

Depending on when you arrive, if you do, he's got two horses and its talking to them, or if he's moved on to training, he conducts himself with a quasi-military discipline, and is in the habit of morning sparring sessions, so may be moving through forms and/or sparring with one of the others.

As to why a military investigator might interrupt, I wouldn't know, but I'm not a military investigator!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:38 am

Well being Dragonborn might get her attention but I am fairly sure Ealu will garner her attention even if she doesn’t notice it isn’t really equine

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:55 am

Yeah, you may have noticed the her the other day, and if you'd inquired, they could have mention that she and Charlie were with the big dragonborn paladin.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:12 pm

I just had Cary too tired to care yesterday

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:15 pm

Been doing some hard riding, and yesterday was a gross one to be running around in.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:31 pm

As I noted in thread, if Kroshav has his shield Cary would recognize an order of paladin's symbol. Not sure if she would approach him then.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:53 pm

Yes, but what is the relationship between the Order of the Moon Pool and the Fist of Five?

One is a clandestine (or semi-clandestine) group that likes to hunt down evil in its lair (Let evil not be safe even in the dark) and seems to be quite content with being manipulated to do(or maybe manipulating?) Imperial policy. Certainly they have some 'official' power/place in the Empire/Duchy

and the other is a order who seems to be as much about promoting virtue as defeating evil...(Demonstrate the five virtues all the time) that is a multi-national order that ignores(??????) state politics and borders as needed.

We have two paladins....(well one is a hexadin) but very, very different concepts of how to be a paladin...

((My personal thought would be wariness on both parts...

the Order sees the Fist as a bunch of fire sponging, stiff neck do gooders without any real sense of 'Realpolitik'; After all how to you gain access to material, space, and personal for training and action to prevent the next "Great Battle between Dark and Light?'" if you don't ensure you've got pressure points within a large Government to help supply those things via the rather large tax base?

And the First likely sees the Order as those with questionable motives at times, calculating, manipulative and not at all trustworthy. After all if you don't declare you are a paladin to everyone and anyone, how do they know your the Gods' personal champion making their attributes manifest within the world, a demonstration of the Gods caring about them?"))

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:09 pm

Would Moon Pool be widely known enough for Kroshav to have a frame of reference for them? He may not be the typical Fist Paladin, he relies on what he feels is 'right' more than adhering to doctrine and engrained teachings. He is, still in part, the kid that got bullied by other kids until he got too big, then he got bullied by adults. He'd carved out a place where he was accepted and valued once, but had to give that up, and has worked hard to carve out a spot for himself with the Fist. He certainly has no interest in the broader politics, this recent conscription was the closest he's come to having to deal with that.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:00 am

The Fist are largely apolitical and can be found in every country outside the Empire. They have been used in politics by the respective clergies of the Five gods, largely are seen as neutral to the demands of any one country or God. Because of that they are widely accepted in all countries and receive aid even from those not directly affiliated with the five.

The Pool are now nearly entirely a political organization for the betterment of elves, specifically Imperial elves, and their goals. They are known but as they are a political organization they are not accepted beyond the Empire, and to a decreasing extent the Duchy. They shouldn't expect aid or support from any outside group not tied to the Empire.

Kroshav can roll history on the Pool. Cary would know of the Fist.

I wouldn't say they are antagonistic to each other, but they are certainly not close or friendly. The Fist are definitely more widely accepted in the Duchy, even by the new generation of ruling elves seeking to distance themselves from the Empire.

Cary would be savvy enough to know that the majority of rank and file soldiers and those directly loyal to the Duchess will be more supportive of a Fist paladin. High ranking officials in the Duchy government are a toss up for Cary, old guard officials would support her while the new would likely openly support her while possibly trying to undermine.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:00 am

Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:10 am

Oh, I am hoping Ghram left Cary a letter on the 'solution' to the whole murder problem at the Boarding House (Inn if it were)

if not she is just reading a letter from her sister...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:18 am

Nope, Kroshav doesn't know much more about the Moon Pool beyond having heard the name in passing.

Ghram wouldn't have left a letter, but would have filed a report. Unless Cary asked him to do so?

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:45 am

She might have asked for him to leave word if he didn’t get “ this mess cleaned up and had to decamp....

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr